BY SOFTLIPS #41 in Lip Care

Softlips Vanilla Lip Balm
  • "I love softlips, it moisturizes your lips. When the weather changes i tend to get chapped lips so when i use this is helps my lips." in 290 reviews
  • "I have only tried their lip balm, the cherry and vanilla one. Both smells very good and are very moisturizing! It seems like they have a lot of other flavors (seasonal ones too) and even natural lip balms. I'm going to look into trying them out. The price is good too. Their 5-packs are selling for $9.99 with $1 shipping on their website now! I see them often in stores too." in 243 reviews
  • "I used to use this stuff as a little kid. It was the first lip product I got as a child and I used to use it religiously. It does a great job moisturizing and smells good. " in 165 reviews
  • "I tried the Mango Peach, it smells great, the balm works just okay for me, it's not a product I will purchase again though." in 18 reviews
  • "It has a cooling sensation when I apply it that feels refreshing but like I said it doesn't last long which is my only complaint." in 9 reviews
Shantel T.
Las Vegas , NV
This lip balm is my favorite alternative to baby lips by Maybelline . It soothes your lips and it’s very Moisturizing. I love the scent it smells like vanilla frosting and the flavor makes you addicted to applying it. You can’t help but lick your lips or try to keep from reapply it over and over on your lips. I love that it has spf 20 to prevent sunburn or chapped or windburned lips.The only con is that it’s a small amount compared to other chapstick brands and much smaller packaging. You also can’t find it at many stores but I find soft lips occasionally at Target or Sally Beauty. I love the raspberry and watermelon flavor too. Other things I love about soft lips it’s : gluten-free, Sulfate-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, dye-free, aluminum-free. Love they come two in a pack for only $2.99. Perfect to keep in your purse or in your make up kit. I use these as a lip primer prior to apply liquid matte lipsticks.
mckenzie j.
Fortson
I started using this product around four years ago when I got it as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I began to fall in love with the vanilla smell and the minty feeling when you put it on. I went through like a thousand tubes. I forgot why I stopped using it but I started using other lip balms and forgot about this one. I recently bought a new one when I found out that my Burt's Bees were sold out. I can't stop using my softlips now! If you have chapped lips, I recommend this 100%.
Shanna B.
Mandeville, LA
I love the way this product feels on my lips. It hydrated me lips without it being too sticky. It also has a great natural flavor. It hydrated my lips without it tasting too much like sunscreen. Glides on my lips perfectly. The one problem i have with it is that it is so small it’s hard to get it all over my lips and I lose it too easily. I would recommend soft lips to make a bigger and more compatible component of this lip balm.
Rachel R.
McDonough, GA
I remember these from years ago. I haven't used them for a long while but I remember them being really smooth and smelling amazing. My mom thought they were the best chapstick ever and bought every flavor and color possible. I haven't seen them around in awhile so I don't know if they changed the quality or anything. The vanilla was the only one I liked. The shimmer ones weren't good though. The shimmer was grainy and dried my lips out.
Katie C.
I don't even know where to begin with this lip balm. For me it was just diabolical. I had tried this once a few years ago and hated it but I thought I just bought a bad tube or something so I thought I would try it out again so many years later. That didn't make it any better. The smell of this is so delightful, but the taste is frightening. I'm not sure if I'm in some way allergic to this product but it tastes like chemicals and plastic. On top of that it does not moisturize my lips at all. The only thing I like about this is the smell and packaging. I'm a lip balm junkie and I always seem to try things 2 or 3 times to give products multiple chances because maybe certain factors affected the way it performed for me (season, weather, etc), but this is not one of them. Every time I think to give it one more chance I see a skull and crossbones on the tube and head in the opposite direction. Definitely would not recommend.
Whylde_Mamma A.
Helena
I love this stuff it is so good make your lips so soft and it tastes good and it's just really nice on your lips it doesn't feel waxy or anything like that and that's not too slippery or anything. The only complaint that I have with this product is that it's a little too soft when you're trying to get it on the stick sometimes breaksdown around the top of the packaging.
Cassidy T.
Dover, OH
I was always a huge fan of Softlips years ago because of the amazing plush feeling it gave my lips the first time I would put it on. However, it didn't take me long to notice that if I used it continuously throughout the day, my lips became very sensitive to the point of being painful. Overall, it's not a bad balm in a pinch but I don't rely on it anymore.
Macie D.
One of my favorite chapsticks! Definitely top 5! Super gentle and I don’t always have to reapply. It’s one that I tend to buy often (I usually mix it up between my favorites). The only thing I could say is if they could make the scent a bit lighter.
Matt R.
Cape May Ch, NJ
For some reason with this brand, once I start applying it I can’t stop it just feels so good to put on my lips. Sadly this particular brand I found the moisturizing effects don’t last very long at all, I always have to reapply. As far as flavor I find that it’s really hard to mess up something as simple as vanilla so that’s just fine.
Amber R.
My Mom used to use this when I was growing up, it was her favorite. And now it's one of my favorites, as well. It keeps lips moisturized for a decent amount of time and goes on really smooth and leaves your lips feeling ridiculously soft. My only complaint is that the tube is so skinny it can be difficult to find, and because I have larger lips I really have to take my time in putting it on and making sure it is applied thoroughly whereas with a more traditional sized lip balm a couple of swipes is all you need. But as this lip balm works so well for me I don't think this minor inconvenience is too big of a price to pay for the quality of care your lips get for the price.
Megan M.
Ransomville , NY
Is vanilla your favorite flavor, or do you prefer a different one?
Kristine E.
Terrace, BC
What is your fav flavor of soft lips?
Xavia M.
I am in need of a Chapstick, lip balm, or etc because winter is coming and my lips needs to be protected. Many people liked it and many people didn't. Is this a good and protective lip balm?
Emily O.
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone else who have used other Softlips have a DIFFERENT flavor than this one? I'd be surprised!
Kat F.
Los Angeles, CA
Does it dry your lips out like carmax making you think you cant live without it so you keep buying it ?