BY UNKNOWN

A powerful little helper. Get answers from Google. Manage your day from breakfast to bed. Play pause and rewind. Hands-free. Control your smart home. Your voice. your info. see more...

Alison H.
Corsicana, TX
Sodium bicarbonate? Lol

I've had an echo Dot for a while now. I just got a Google home mini yesterday and already I'm preferring it greatly. For example, I have hue lights in my bedroom and bathroom. Alexa was constantly telling me they're "not responding" ... Although 9 times out of 10 she'd do as I asked anyway, just telling me that they're not responding... "Please check the network connection and power supply." Well I connected my Google home mini and Bam. My Google Assistant doesn't seem to have any problems connecting or controlling my lights. Now, I still use Alexa to turn on or off single lights, because my Google Assistant just wants to tell me where I can get lights... But I figure that's part of the learning curve lol.

With that being said, I am a tad disappointed in the level of skills, extensions, whatever you want to call it... Here's another example. I use an Alexa skill called sugarmate to ask for my current blood sugar (I wear a Dexcom monitor). I can say "hey Alexa, ask sugarmate where I'm at" and she will say something like "you're 182 and steady, last checked two minutes ago." As you can guess that's real handy. Google Assistant doesn't have anything like that (yet).

Thirdly, I've noticed my Google mini can hear me so much better than Alexa. Sometimes I have to yell "Alexa" multiple times to get her to listen (just like my kids lol). It's also a louder speaker. I have my Dot plugged into an external speaker. There's no external Jack on the Google home mini, but I don't think I need it. You can, however, connect it to a Bluetooth speaker and use that. I just don't have one to spare. My only Bluetooth enabled speaker (aside from my Dot that is) is my soundbar that's connected to my TV, and if I use the Bluetooth on it, it's not on the input for my TV anymore. I haven't tried connecting my mini to my dots Bluetooth speaker, though. That might be amusing. In fact, I'm gonna try that next. :-D

Edit: uhh yeah... It works lol
♡Hope ♡.
This little device is great for anyone who wants a helping hand around the house. It sets timers and is able to tell you what you need when you need it. It’s a very cheap way of getting a tool at home similar to the Alexa which is a lot more expensive for a lot of the same features.
Kara E.
Love these little devices! I love how easily I can access information through such a small device! It can save your parking information, play music, turn on the TV (with other smart home devices), or answer and school questions for children.
Marymargarita A.
Albuquerque
When I first got this it was around the holiday for 25$ and it was such a good deal. Sadly I did NOT live this product.. I just didn’t have the time to set it up to the tv or YouTube and not to mention if you want to listen to music they do charge a monthly fee so it’s not free music which was kind of disappointing.. the packaging was great though it was very nice and clean but it just wasn’t for me so I did end up returning it back to Walmart
Winnie C.
Midland, TX
Love my google mini!!! It's a great little device that makes life a little easier. I have it hooked to my tv and cellular device. It's used as a speaker and its very convenient to pause movies/tv shows. It also sets my alarms for me and tells me the weather for the day! For people who are debating about purchasing, I'll definitely recommend it!
Durrae B.
Denton, TX
You know what's amazing? Verbally adding things to your shopping list throughout the day. Like when you use the last diaper. Just a quick, "Hey Google, add diapers to my shopping list." Boom. Done. Then when Matt goes to the store on his way home, he can see it on his Google Home app and know to grab them, even if I forget to text him. I got the Google Home Mini for Christmas and it's my favorite feature so far! The kids love that it tells them jokes! 😂😂 I'm so glad I took the leap to get one!
Adele L.
Yuma, AZ
Black Friday Purchase. Google Home helps me when no one else will. Personal Assistant Comando. Pro is it knows pretty much everything. Con is I have run into a few glitches. Translations are a little off and sometimes it doesn't really understand what you are asking. Make sure to be specific.
Colleen L.
Nashville
This is a fun and useful little device! I use it a lot when cooking - I can just ask google for a recipe and it reads it step by step. Also great for finding out the weather or any little fun facts you’d like answered.
Amanda A.
Miamisburg, OH
I love this for playing music off of Google Music. The sounds quality is great and works well throughout my house. I do wish they could get a list app like Alexa has built in. I would probably switch completely to it instead of having an Alexa for some things. My kids love the Disney story where you help create it. They we're thrilled the first time playing it. Other then that app I found them to be kinda ehh and nothing to write home about.
Gisselle C.
BRONX, NY
You need a home network to first turn it on and It's almost the same as the original model except smaller, It's handy and You can control your netflix and smart TV and other devices