Scheniqua H.
Scheniqua H.
Morrisville, PA

Is this over all cheaper than buying soda?
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Aug. 5, 2013, 7:24 a.m.
Yes. In the end it's a lot more economical
Caroline T.
Caroline T.
July 26, 2013, 12:51 p.m.
Yes.. you save so much money as opposed to buying tons of sparkling water and soda!!
Aimee B.
Aimee B.
July 23, 2013, 3:51 a.m.
Yes I think so
aidan a.
aidan a.
July 22, 2013, 1:15 a.m.
Yes! all you have to buy it the small packages of flavoring , soda and add up very quick.
LaTicia L.
LaTicia L.
July 18, 2013, 7:28 p.m.
I think so.
Cathy S.
Cathy S.
July 8, 2013, 3:29 p.m.
It depends on how fizzy you like your drinks. I find the CO2 cartridges fairly expensive because I have replace them so often. I drink my soda plain (no flavoring) but I like it very fizzy (4 pumps on the soda stream) so I go through cartrides like crazy.
Erin L.
Erin L.
June 21, 2013, 9:01 p.m.
My mom says yes
Samantha P.
Samantha P.
June 2, 2013, 3:01 p.m.
I don't know about soda, but it's definitely cheaper and more convenient than buying seltzer!
May 31, 2013, 3:13 p.m.
You initially spend more money, but overall it seems to be cheaper and you can't beat the convenience.
Teresa C.
Teresa C.
May 31, 2013, 11 a.m.
Definitely cheaper my kids like it
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
May 30, 2013, 5:54 p.m.
Soda Stream is more expensive in my opinion. By the time you buy extra bottles & flavors...it adds up!
Carly H.
Carly H.
May 30, 2013, 2:05 p.m.
I believe so!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
May 30, 2013, 7:37 a.m.
I think it depends on where you buy it. I have stores around here that sell this, and it would truly be cheaper to buy soda, but then they are other stores that are the exact opposite.
Teresa A.
Teresa A.
May 29, 2013, 6:24 p.m.
I say yes, our family loves it and it does save us a lot of money. With the prices going up, its nice to be able to have a soda and save money. :)
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
May 22, 2013, 11:53 p.m.
For me it is a lot cheaper, I have a household of six and a lot of soda and seltzer is consumed...but I mostly got this for the fact that it is a so much better for our environment.
Becca S.
Becca S.
May 22, 2013, 12:13 a.m.
If you just frink seltzer (with no flavoring) it is way cheaper that buying bottles/cans
Rodolfo M.
Rodolfo M.
May 18, 2013, 3:29 p.m.
I think it is. The start up cost is a little steep, but in the long run it you save a bunch of money. My wife and I only use it to make soda water. We used to buy cases of Perrier ($25 at BJ's), but we ended up saving tons of money by making our own soda water. The Sodastream we got cost $80 and lasted us about 2 months. We would usually finish a case of Perrier in a week. You do the math. It's a no brainer.
Franceska R.
Franceska R.
May 15, 2013, 1:19 p.m.
Yes!!! The start up costs are a little higher but in the end, you save not only a crap ton of money but the environment too What more could we ask for?
Louise Marie R.
Louise Marie R.
May 12, 2013, 5:53 p.m.
Definitely cheaper!!!!!!! You'll love it! Look for coupons at Kohl's & bed bath & beyond!!! you'll get them even cheaper!!
Pamela M.
Pamela M.
May 7, 2013, 1:13 p.m.
I have had the soda steam for awhile.. i believe it is cheaper than buying at store.. not only is it good for environment the price is good...a 12 pack of pop can cost up to 4 dollars or more and a flavor bottle cost 4.99... and you get so much more out of it.. It works great for my family because we all enjoy different kinds as well.
Himashi A.
Himashi A.
May 7, 2013, 11:32 a.m.
Down the road, maybe way down the road, but life is like a marathon so most certainly!
Leanne M.
Leanne M.
April 30, 2013, 7:27 p.m.
I drink a ton of soda water and considering that it generally runs anywhere from $1-3 a bottle, this is hands down a lot cheaper.
Anna C.
Anna C.
April 24, 2013, 11:21 a.m.
I don't know about the soda (because I don't drink it), but the energy drink flavors make it way cheaper than buying energy drinks from the can. At Target, the price of diet energy is about 7 dollars and it makes a lot. Usually the price of a can of monster is 2.5 dollars. So it pays for itself very quickly. And it's great for the environment!
Adrian T.
Adrian T.
April 16, 2013, 5:31 a.m.
I think so... at least in the end. you spend almost 100 on the machine, about 10 bucks on each flavor and 20 on co2 cartridges, but when you do the math, in the long run, yes you are saving money as well as the environment.
Riley K.
Riley K.
April 12, 2013, 12:24 p.m.
No, it's far more expensive for as much as I drink. For all the refills and the machine itself, I would've paid almost $300! When I can just get 2 24 packs of coke for $10 at the grocery store and recycle at the local recycling plant.
Yaneth S.
Yaneth S.
April 4, 2013, 3:29 p.m.
Yes for soda iys around a dollar a can and over hee its 50 csns for 4 bux
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
April 1, 2013, 11:36 a.m.
In the long run, it may be cheaper-also if you don't drink a lot of soda. but when i had it, we went through so much of the one that tastes like mountain dew, that it was way more expensive.
Lindsey B.
Lindsey B.
April 1, 2013, 10:33 a.m.
I think that it is. I have found that using my Soda Stream, I buy less soda when I am out and about.
Liz M.
Liz M.
March 25, 2013, 3:23 p.m.
I think its cheaper in the long run.
Jennifer G.
March 17, 2013, 8:23 p.m.
I drink a whole bunch of soda and yes its cheaper but I still gotta have my pepsi lol.
Jennifer G.
March 17, 2013, 8:23 p.m.
Brittany T.
Brittany T.
March 8, 2013, 8:35 a.m.
I drink a lot of soda, I think it's definitely worth the price.
Ka Bao M.
Ka Bao M.
March 7, 2013, 5:11 p.m.
I think it's about the same, but at least we are reusing the bottles. I kid you not, there are so many people out there that actually don't recycle. Sad but true. :/
Angel K.
Angel K.
Feb. 25, 2013, 5:29 p.m.
I am not a huge coke drinker so I find it much more inexpensive. I have had mine for about 8 months and the fam=vor refills are $ 4.99 and provide 50 1 Liter servungs. I have only gone through 2 H2O Cartriges which you get credit for turning one in..The best hing about it id=s its like an easy bake oven for kids...but for adults!! It's FUN!
Amber H.
Amber H.
Feb. 22, 2013, 1:25 p.m.
It depends on where you are geographically. It is more expensive than buying pop on sale.
Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.
Feb. 15, 2013, 6:57 p.m.
About the same, but it's more "green"
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Feb. 14, 2013, 12:47 p.m.
I really don't think it is.
Jennifer S.
Jan. 31, 2013, 10:36 a.m.
I only use this product for soda water, not flavored water because I don't want all of the fake and real sugar. Lets just be honest, I just want soda to mix with my vodka! :) So yes, its WAY cheaper!
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Jan. 23, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
Yes and no. Yes: This product you can make soda at your enjoyment by using water straight from the tap and that works without electricity. No: Although the product includes reusable carbonating bottles last for three years, you still have to purchase the SodaStream SodaMix packets. So it really depends how much you like making your own soda while helping the environment by minimizing over 1500 aluminum cans and about hundreds of plastic 2-liter bottles being thrown away in landfills.
Christine K.
Christine K.
Jan. 22, 2013, 10:52 a.m.
Yes I think so. your not wasting any either!!!
Christopher C.
Christopher C.
Jan. 22, 2013, 4:31 a.m.
It honestly depends on how much you drink then it has a little difference
Tatiyana E.
Tatiyana E.
Jan. 21, 2013, 6:52 p.m.
No this product is a waste of money.
Stacy M.
Stacy M.
Jan. 17, 2013, 12:15 p.m.
I think it depends on how much soda you drink. If you only drink a little soda, then probably not. However, if you are a big soda drinker (or a family of soda drinkers) then yes, it will!
Amy S.
Amy S.
Jan. 14, 2013, 8:54 a.m.
My mom drinks carbonated water regularly and did the math before she purchased one of these. I don't know about soda but it is cheaper for her than buying the mineral water.
Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.
Jan. 6, 2013, 5:14 a.m.
Yes, it is cheaper especially if you drink soda often.
Kathleen D.
Kathleen D.
Jan. 3, 2013, 3:43 a.m.
I think it is. I use coupons to get my mixes and we get the credits for exchanges the air refills.
Vanessa W.
Vanessa W.
Jan. 1, 2013, 6:10 p.m.
$20 for the co2 refill, which last for 102 liters, each flavor of soda make 40 servings for $5 and the actually machine is about $100. A two liter of Brand Name can go for $2 and in my house will go flat before empty. So making a liter at atime is less expensive.
Brooke M.
Brooke M.
Dec. 31, 2012, 5:18 a.m.
Personally I think it probably evens out to be around the same in the long run with filling the canisters and such but its easy and tasty so I'm all about it! :-)
Lacie P.
Lacie P.
Dec. 23, 2012, 8:30 p.m.
It has proved to be cheaper in my house. As for the co2 being costly, yes it is, but to save money you can have these refilled at most places that do paintball or sporting goods stores that refill cartridges for paintball guns. That is significantly cheaper than buying a new one.
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Dec. 20, 2012, 10:36 a.m.
I have not been able to determine the exact cost difference yet, but as someone who enjoys fountain sodas on the go and flavored sparkling waters, I am glad I purchased it. There is definitely less waste as well.
Cara B.
Dec. 13, 2012, 11:34 a.m.
Honestly, no. It's not. But the thing is... you can make any kind of soda you want and it is healthier for you. It might save you couple bucks in the long run.
Cara B.
Dec. 13, 2012, 11:34 a.m.
Vivian L.
Vivian L.
Dec. 11, 2012, 6:26 p.m.
Yes but it is much healthier for you
Kristin K.
Kristin K.
Dec. 5, 2012, 9:51 a.m.
In short no it is not. The machine is more expensive and you do have to buy the supplies. The thing that really gets you is the C02 dispensers. Watch for them in second hand shops, just like the kurik people find out it is just not worth it.
Dec. 3, 2012, 12:19 p.m.
I actually find it's cheaper. The "start up" cost is what sets you back, what the actual machine costs. But once you begin producing your "soda" it kinda become a cup of soda for .10 cents.
Dec. 3, 2012, 12:19 p.m.
Angela R.
Angela R.
Dec. 2, 2012, 7:37 p.m.
Maybe if you drink a ton of soda everyday Soda Stream could save you money in the long run, but if you don't, it's definitely not cheaper.
Heather S.
Heather S.
Dec. 2, 2012, 2:08 p.m.
I don't think it is..Yes you are eliminating some waste,but you can always recyle your soda bottles
Jaime F.
Jaime F.
Nov. 29, 2012, 5:13 p.m.
It's a bit more expensive then buying regular soda, but when you take into account that you're helping the environment , the difference is so minuscule that , to me at least, it's well worth it.

Join Now