SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs - PS3

by PS3

Southeast Asia is plunged into chaos by a brutal revolution, and the time is now for you to take command of the battlefield with the support of your elite squad. Representing best in class 32-person multiplayer, custom co-op, and an engaging single player campaign, Socom 4 reclaims the top spot among tactical shooters. Squad Based Multiplayer - utilize team dynamics online with an all new 32-person multiplayer as SOCOM reclaims the top spot among tactical shooters. Dynamic Command - effortlessly command the battlefield by utilizing squad tactics to flank and outmaneuver your enemy. Move into the Action - PlayStation Move delivers high precision control over shooting, melee fighting and commanding your squad. Also compatible with the PlayStation Move sharp shooter for increased authenticity. Note - Move controller and sharpshooter not included.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs - PS3!
Battle Ground, WA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Great game and full of adventure but definitely not for the faint of heart. The boys really liked it and have a lot of fun with it. The graphics are super detailed and really engaging. All in all a really good game.
Salem, MA
I was completely unimpressed by the lackluster story and its' half assed attempts at trying so hard to pretend it's original. The shooting mechanics are atrocious and nobody should have that much recoil while shooting a weapon. The camera was extremely close and claustrophobia inducing, also severely limiting your field of view in SP. MP is a work in progress. I get that most games nowadays can be patched later, but that should be left for exploits, not for fixing things in a game that was already delayed. Doesn't feel like a SOCOM experience at all. Overall, one of the bigger disappointments of 2011
laurel, MD
I had the worst luck with this game. I could never get it to a place where I would actually be playing the game. I also tried to calibrate the game to the motion camera but it just never worked. I do not want to give it a one star rating because I LOVE socom but this one was a struggle for me. I ended up never actually playing the game because it always froze.
Fayetteville, NC
The story is not that impressive, five guys versus all is Southeast Asia. The graphics are amazing on the characters. While all the all graphics are just okay. Voices and acting very well done. Weapons sound real, as well as explosives. The campaigns are short but fun. Multiplayer is fun, even with the limited game modes. They have so many options to match your style.
I've been playing the Socom range of games since Socom1. I met my husband on Socom 2. We both still play and even still connect with the same group of people from years ago. Great game, great graphics. Wish we could control the cheaters but what can you do.
Lawrenceburg, TN
Overall its a solid game. A little short on content for the price but that seems to be the case with most games anymore. It fits in line with the earlier SOCOM games that I have become a big fan of in the past. If you are have of military style shooter games but want to get away from the call of duty stuff this is the game for you.
A sad direction for the SOCOM series. Instead of a nearly impossible, million iteration tactical shooter, the latest title has instead emulated the Modern "Call of Duty" franchise to an absurd degree. Most annoying is that like Call of Duty, now instead of health you have the "Regenerating health slowly removes--what-looks-to-be-strawberry-jelly off your screen. Also the weapons are either embarrassingly under-powered or so overpowered they make it too easy.
Fort Benning, GA
My husband loved this game! It was pretty easy for him to beat! And the graphics were pretty decent! If you like these types of games you'll love it! I'm not sure how much we paid for this game but I don't think it was a lot!
Katy, TX
Amazing game really fun. if you are the type of person that likes to use strategy and tact this is the game for you. the only problem I had with this game was that it's not very addictive for me. but overall it's amazing
the best experience game with the move of playstation it is the best sensation the realist was insane ,you can play it by hours and you will never tired of that, the sound of the shotis insane , its similar to another games , but its so great