5 colors available

BY SOAP & GLORY

One Heck of a Blot - Amazing, addictive, invisible - Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot is an oil-absorbing, shine-controlling face powder for all skin types. The secret to perfect, shine-free skin is this super-translucent mattifying powder. It offers world-class shine control and oil-absorption, is lightweight, and gives skin a traceless, smooth, velvety finish.Click here for store locations - One Heck of a Blot see more...

D.Fayemarie R.
D.Fayemarie R.
This review is for the one heck of a blot liquid foundation. I first used this foundation with the one heck of a blot primer. I hated it! The primer and foundation combo dried me out so much that the foundation actually started cracking on me. It had to be that combo because I used the foundation with a more hydrating primer and it looked great. I tried it with different types of primers and if I didn't use it with a hydrating one, it can dry up on me really quickly. The 3 stars because it's a great foundation when used with a specific primer, but otherwise, it's just too drying for my skin (normal skin type).

Tid bit: favorite combo I've found for this foundation? The Nivea post shave balm for men (sensitive). Though, technically not a primer, it works great with this foundation.
Lauren A.
Lauren A.
Brookfield, WI
I started using S&G's face wash and lotion products a couple weeks ago, they were so great that I wanted to try their makeup as well. I really love this foundation. I have oily skin and this product gives a flawless finish. Honestly, I didn't have to blot my skin at all when wearing this. I usually have to use a translucent powder to blend out my T-zones 6 or 7 times a day with most other foundations. This foundation held up for at least 8 hours. The only down side is they only offer this foundation in 4 different shades, so its hard to get an exact match. Other than that I would absolutely recommend this foundation, especially if you have oily skin. I have also been using this with S&G's "one heck of a blot primer" as well. Love it!
kayla k.
kayla k.
Kenner, LA
Great product. Wore this to an outdoor festival this weekend and it stood up and kept my oily skin shine-free even in Louisiana heat. I would still use a good matting primer with it for extra piece of mind if you will be outside and in the heat. It does set very fast but blends very well. I love that it gives a powder finish that so you really don't need to set your face with powder just a setting spray after you finish your other makeup.

The color range isn't the best with only 6 shades hopefully they come out with more soon. I would suggest using this product with a flat top foundation brush or your clean fingers with light pressure as I find that sponges and the beauty blender will mess with the powder finish.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Albuquerque, NM
I was in trying to trying this foundation after seeing YouTube beauty guru use the product and state that it had great coverage and it was easy to blend. This product has very limited shades and tends to be more geared towards fair and medium skinned clients. After trying the product it dries incredibly fast and is very difficult to blend. If you need full coverage this might be a product to try it out. It sets very quickly so work in small areas one at a time. I return the product because of its difficulty to blend out and the way that the foundation sent appeared in credibly cakey on my face even with the most minimal amount used
Katie O.
Katie O.
I really wanted to love this foundation. One of the beauty youtubers I watch raved about it's coverage. This is the first foundation over $8.00 that I have ever purchased. I bought the matching primer, and I think that may have been the problem. It didn't blend with a beauty blender at all. It kept lifting off my skin. It did better with a flat top brush, but still looked cakey. I tried one of my other silicone based primers and it worked better. I still had to use concealer to cover blemishes and it only kept me matte for about 4-5 hours before I had a ton of oil around my nose.
Julie G.
Julie G.
I have always had a problem with liquid foundation, so even the name of this one was appealing to me. I wanted to give it 5 stars, but the formula makes it impossible to build. A little goes a LONG way with this product, and it's definitely best to apply with a beauty blender instead of a brush.
Overall though, I love this product. It's got great coverage, and I don't even have to use powder over the top. I do blot with papers once about halfway through the day, but I've yet to find the foundation that lets me skip that step.
Tiffany K.
Tiffany K.
Wyoming , MI
One of my favorite new finds!!! I have oily to combination skin and this keeps my skin looking flawless!!! Granted no product will stop the production of oil but this helps to keep my face looking less oily. I use it in conjunction with the blotting powder. The only issue with this line of product is the limited shades available. So if you can find a matching shade, I would recommend it to those with oily or combination skin.
Rocio A.
Rocio A.
Baytown, TX
Great product. I have combination skin, a little more on the oily side, and this product is great. I use it alone the Soap & Glory Primer and it keeps me matte most of the day. I love the liquid to powder finish, the only thing I would recommend if you have any dry patches is to exfoliate your skin and moisturize well before using this product. Also, it dries and sets fairly quickly so make sure to work in sections.
haley s.
haley s.
I really wanted to love this foundation one of the reasons I bought was because of one of the youtubers I watch was in love with it. She has super oily skin and so do I. But this foundation is not build able every time I tried to build it up with my beauty blender the foundation I had already applied would come off! It looked so cakes on my skin and it made the pores on my nose look horrible!!!!
Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.
I just bought this product about a week ago and I am obsessed. I tend to get really oily, so it's amazing to keep in my purse when I need a quick touch up. I find myself using it maybe once or twice during the day. Depending on what I'm doing. I also live in Texas so that explains a lot as well. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good translucent powder for touch ups!
Vianney A.
Vianney A.
Lindsay , CA
I have been wondering about this foundation. I am a foundation hoarder I am always looking for the perfect foundation for my oily skin and right now my holy grail is my Kat Von D foundation, but I was wondering how good this one really is?
Camilla Z.
Camilla Z.
How is the color selection?
Ella P.
Ella P.
Is this a good powder??? I really like the look of it it looks really silky
Chelsea C.
Chelsea C.
Des Allemands, LA
Does anyone know how well the primer and the foundation combined work for really oily skin?
Julie M.
Julie M.
Newport Beach, CA
Is this good for combination skin? Also is it full coverage? Is it oily?