BY SNICKERS

It's chocolate. It's an egg. It's a chocolate covered egg. It also has peanuts and caramel.

• oque tem dentro dele de tao bom? 1 Answers
  • I've never seen these! How long have they been around?3 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I'm not a huge fan of snickers but I prefer these eggs over the snickers bars. That is because they're softer, the caramel is thinner and the entire thing is softer and thinner. I prefer the seasonal candies period because they are always freshest because they were just made for the holidays and you can tell. The packaging is always festive and nice to look at that gets you in the mood for easter with colorful pastels. They're easy to open. They're easy to find but the price is too high because they cost as much as a full size candy bar at almost two dollars but they are smaller. The reason I'm taking off a star is because the price seems outrageous for one of these eggs and because it's not a "wow!" Candy in my opinion.
Stephanie H.
Dallas TX.
OMG Snickers!!! Way to step up the Easter game! I was already an adult when they came out with these Easter treets. I never liked the cream filled eggs but was always jealous of the kids who found them Easter sundsy. They were just to cool. But when I found Snickers eggs I was excited to try them and boy they didn't let me down. I really liked how they were softer than the standard bar. I bit in and a little Carmel hit my chin. That's when you know your in for a treet. Soft creamy deliciousness with crunchy peanut bits... Um Yes Please!
Alyssa M.
Selbyville, DE
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Why are Snickers in shapes better than regular Snickers? The World may never know, but they are. I live for holidays when I can get shaped snickers. Maybe it's the fact that there's more nougat per chocolate ratio, or maybe I am just crazy, but I love Snickers eggs and prefer them to regular Snickers bars.
Manda J.
Madison
Although I love regular Snickers bars, the Snickers Eggs are even better. There is a different caramel/chocolate/peanut ratio than the original, but in a good way. These seem a bit more peanutty, which I like. I always stock up once these hit the shelves.
Sabrina N.
WAVERLY, OH
The best part of my Easter basket is the Snickers Eggs. I'm not sure how they do it, but I think the eggs may taste better than the full size bars! are definitely a treat that is the first thing that is gobbled up out of the baskets on Easter morning.
Kayla C.
Queen Creek, AZ
Candy always tastes better when they are in a funky shape. These eggs are definitely no exception. They are also just the perfect size for a single service. Not too much, but not too little. Buy them individually though, otherwise you'll probably end up eating the whole bag.
Emily P.
Grove City, OH
I am all of the angry people you see on the 'grab a Snickers' commercials. This has to be my favorite candy bar ever! If have to say the eggs are my favorite version of this candy. They are exactly the right size, with the perfect proportion of chocolate, nougat, and peanuts to hit the snack spot!
angel g.
Orlando, FL
In 1930[5] Mars introduced Snickers, named after the favorite horse of the Mars family.[6] The Snickers chocolate bar consists of nougat, peanuts, and caramel with a chocolate coating. The bar was marketed under the name "Marathon" in the UK and Ireland until 19 July 1990, when Mars decided to align the UK product with the global Snickers name (Mars had marketed and discontinued an unrelated bar named Marathon in the United States during the 1970s). There are also several other Snickers products such as Snickers mini, dark chocolate, ice cream bars, Snickers with almonds, Snickers with hazelnuts, Snickers peanut butter bars and Snickers with Extra Caramel.[7]

Snickers Duo[edit]
A replacement for the king size Snickers bar was launched in the UK in 2004 and designed to conform to the September 2004 Food and Drink Federation (FDF) "Manifesto for Food and Health". Part of the FDF manifesto was seven pledges of action to encourage the food and drink industry to be more health conscious.[8] Reducing portion size, clearer food labels, and reduction of the levels of fat, sugar, and salt were among the FDF pledges. Mars Incorporated pledged to phase out their king-size bars in 2005 and replace them with shareable bars. A Mars spokesman said: "Our king-size bars that come in one portion will be changed so they are shareable or can be consumed on more than one occasion. The name king-size will be phased out."[8]

These were eventually replaced by the 'Duo', a double bar pack. Though this change to Duos reduced the weight from 3.5 to 3.29 ounces (99 to 93 g), the price remained the same. The packaging has step-by-step picture instructions of how to open a Duo into two bars, in four simple actions.[9] As Mars stated fulfillment of their promise, the Duo format was met with criticism by the National Obesity Forum and National Consumer Council.[10]

Australian recall[edit]
In December 2000, tens of thousands of Snickers and Mars Bars were removed from New South Wales store shelves due to a series of threatening letters which resulted in fears that the chocolate bars had been poisoned.[11] Mars received letters from an unidentified individual indicating that they planned to plant poisoned chocolate bars on store shelves.[11] The last letter sent included a Snickers bar contaminated with a substance which was later identified as rat poison.[11] The letters claimed that there were seven additional chocolate bars which had been tampered with and which were for sale to the public.[11] As a precautionary measure, Mars issued a massive recall.[11] Mars said that there had been no demand for money and complaints directed to an unidentified third party.[11]
Farren A.
Pensacola, FL
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I always tell people I love the holiday candy bc it is guaranteed fresh and hasn't been sitting in a store all year ! I think it's always a little more expensive with less in the bag but the quality over quantity is totally worth it , snickers are my fave !
Maria R.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Snickers is the besssst! They always taste better when they're shaped too. I love these during the different holidays and usually get them at the gas station, I get points, I get delicious candy. It's a win win really
Rea A.
Bend, OR
I've never seen these! How long have they been around?
Gabrielle R.
oque tem dentro dele de tao bom?