BY SMUCKER'S NATURAL #39 in Nut & Seed Butters

BBQ peanut butter chicken recipe see more...

• Does this include anything besides peanuts and salt?3 Answers
  • Does this contain palm oil? I am interested in trying this but I ...3 Answers
  • Does it have the oily layer that most natural peanut butters have?18 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Elle D.
Syracuse, NY
I’ve never been a huge fan of natural peanut butter but I like a lot of smuckers products so I thought I’d give it a try. I know this natural peanut butter is much healthier than the processed kind, but it really didn’t have any flavor, it wasn’t creamy and was very liquidy. I would not try it again.
cassie b.
Penningtn Gap, VA
Eco-warrior Expert Level 1
It definitely has a different taste that other peanut butter you usually buy like Jiffy. I do like the peanut butter. My favorite over all-no, but it is good. I used it a lot on apples. If I ever caught on sale I'd buy again.
Jessica A.
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
Natural peanut butter is an acquired taste. It definitely takes some getting use to. I did not realize just how much regular peanut butter is sweetened until I tried this natural peanut butter. I did not like this at first, especially in large quantities, like on toast or a bagel, but it does grow on you after you get use to not having extra sugar and salt. I do like using it in recipes though. That way I can control the salt and sugar.
Krista P.
Highland , IL
I was very skeptical when I husband brought this home. Most of the products I've tried with "no salt added" or claim to be natural are not as flavorful as their salty or processed counterparts. I've tried a few other low sodium or no salt added peanut butters and this one is by far the best. I don't miss the salt. It tastes like roasted peanut butter. I would be happy to recommend this product to anyone who is watching their intake of sodium and can eat peanut butter.
Courtney V.
Sewickley, PA
Super tasty PB without the added salt or sugar, so mostly anyone can eat this without concern. I really enjoy the texture and smoothness of this particular PB and found it to be quite tasty, although I occasionally throw in a little honey to sweeten it up when necessary. The only thing I wasn't expected was for the oil to separate at the top so I was alarmed at first, until I realized it was completely normal! A quick stir and it's just dandy. Definitely a great product!
Debra P.
Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter has two ingredients. Peanuts and a touch of salt. No added sugars. That's how it should be. It tastes great and spreads easily (though needs to be stirred). I prefer the crunchy over the creamy because of texture. There are other natural peanut butters out there, and they vary in flavor and texture - so it's worth experimenting with to see what your preference is. It's also easy to make your own, and cheaper. But if you're new to natural peanut butter, Smucker's is a good place to start. We always have a jar in our house.
Breanna W.
Fayetteville, AR
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
This is a bit expensive compared to the low quality peanut butter you can get by the pound. But lordie is it good. It has a great texture and consistency and you really don't miss the added sugar/salt that it is lacking. It's a great product to try if you are trying to cut some of the bad out of your regular diet.
Jess K.
Minneapolis, MN
Really tasty peanut butter with no added salt or sugar, so it's versatile for any number of dietary restrictions. The oil separates before the jar is opened, so you can either stir it in or pour it off (save it for cooking!). The grind is a bit coarse so it's not quite as creamy as I'd like, but overall this is an excellent product.
Chloe L.
New Orleans, LA
SO GOOD. And the only even remotely affordable option I've been able to find for natural style peanut butter (that you have to stir - why do other brands think "no stir" is a good thing when you're looking for the natural taste?) . Very peanut-y and not too sweet, which is perfect for me. Not for people who love that super smooth, very sweet traditional peanut butter taste.
Lucy V.
Columbia, MO
This peanut butter is pretty good in terms of taste. I don't really like that it separates though. The jar says that separation is natural. However, when I buy natural peanut butter from the store (by natural, I mean I watch the machine actually ground up whole peanuts in front of me) this peanut butter does not separate. I'm not really sure what the science is behind that, but it doesn't really sit well with me. I'll be sticking with my real natural peanut butter.
Amanda K.
Dallas, PA
Does it have the oily layer that most natural peanut butters have?
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this peanut butter need to be refrigerated?
Sara H.
Does this contain palm oil? I am interested in trying this but I do not like buying products with palm oil in it.
Jamie Y.
Las Vegas , NV
Does this include anything besides peanuts and salt?
sherrie d.
Marlborough, MA
I have heard not to give my dogs any of the natural peanut butters do any one have any ideas why...the do love their peanut butter