BY SMOOTH 'N SHINE POLISHING

with Aloe Vera Create any curl style.  A unique blend of glycerin and Aloe Vera, Curl Activator Gel helps define and smooth curls while conditioning and softening dry, damaged hair.  Added proteins help strengthen and repair extra dry hair. ; see more...

Buy on Walgreens*
  • "However, if you use too much at a time, and too frequently, it can really be damaging to your hair- that is coming from my own experience having used this product almost all of my time in middle school. " in 1 review
  • "It does work those last minute miracles and it holds my edges in place for that added clean, slick look." in 1 review
  • "Makes it easier to brush and braid and maneuver into cute designs." in 1 review
Ashanti K.
Lafayette, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a great product for all my curly hair divas. I love twisting my hair with this product. I don't have to mix it with another product. I just use this and it will have my curls nice and defined.
Nesh H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is the truth! Works wonders on wet hair once it dries completely. It also smells amazing! It even holds up very well in most weather conditions.
Diane S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is great for laying your edges and make your hair curly and defined. the only problem i have is that if you use to much your hair feels terrible unless you use a leave in afterwards.
Carol A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I think this is also a great product. The key to using this product is to use sparingly because it can wear your hair down. I like to use this product as a finisher product. I like the added shine that it gives my curls and it takes away the dry dull look and gives me wet and wavy look.
Georgina O.
Staten Island, NY
First off, this product should not be used in excess, nor should it even be used every day. This gel is extremely useful of you are trying to get a slick look, or you need your style to hold up. However, if you use too much at a time, and too frequently, it can really be damaging to your hair- that is coming from my own experience having used this product almost all of my time in middle school.
Mawatta D.
I bought this product a couple of days ago to enhance my curls since my 4b-4c hair is very frizzy, thick, and the curls don't really pop. This product didn't really do anything to my hair, it dried it out, and made it dull looking. It did smell nice and it was very cheap but I wouldn't recommend it to others.
Mary O.
N Las Vegas, NV
This is a great product to use if you want a shake and go curly look. The product is a bit heavy on the hair and leaves flakes if too much is used but its great for holding a certain look all day. It might cause the hair to be brittle if it not washed out properly.
Maria S.
Enfield, CT
I'm someone who does not like my hair feeling crunchy and hard. When I used this curling gel it made my hair so stiff and crunchy, I hated it. If you're looking for something to tame your curls but still let them flow naturally this isn't the product for you.
Shelby D.
Shine 'N Shine Polishing Curl Activator Gel is a really good Gel. It's REALLY DOES activates curls without shrinkage, AND it holds all day. Only thing I dislike is it leaves my hair dry.
Jasmine L.
Logan, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this with a styler just for extra definition with my hair. It does work those last minute miracles and it holds my edges in place for that added clean, slick look.
Roxanne M.
St Augustine, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I thought this product would be good for course hair cause it says for frizz.. did anyone else find that it didn't work as well as it says it will?