Katie H.
There is nothing I love more than a great kit. They give you a chance to "try it all" before you commit to buying anything which is so great for people on a budget. This kit comes with almost everything necessary to beat your face to perfection. I recommend this to anyone looking to try out Smashbox for the first time and it also makes a great gift.
L B.
Amazing palate!! Great product. Glad that I decided to purchase it. It's way better than other products. Can improve a little by adding more shades but I will definitely buy it again. Bought this from Amazon. Definitely would recommend it.
Autumn M.
Monticello, GA
I love to play around with new cosmetics, but I'm all about trying before buying something new. When I saw the Smashbox Try It Kit, I listened--and tried it.

The Try It Kit is a cute little cardboard box, slightly smaller than a paperback. The front of the box flips open and the 5 samples are tucked into cutouts in the box for a pretty appearance.

Photo Finish Foundation Primer:
The primer is clear with a matte finish. It easily squeezes out of the tube. Sometimes my face has a little shine in the morning, but rub the Smashbox primer on and that shine is gone. It also keeps my makeup in place and keeps my face looking fresh all day.

Verdict: Tried it, loved it, going to add it to my shopping list

Photo Finish Lid Primer:
Wear it alone? Why bother? It's the same color as my skin. ÿ\When I apply it to my lids, the change in appearance is so subtle that I have to look hard to see it.

Wearing it under makeup is a completely different story. I've been wearing an eye shadow that has a very soft texture. Normally my shadow brush glides over my eyelids to deposit color. But with the Photo Finish Lid Primer, my lids have a bit more “grip” on the brush. The color goes on well and stays put.

Verdict: I like it, but my morning routine is long enough. This is a special occasion step for me.

Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx:
I don't usually wear black eye liner, but it was in the box so I gave it a try. The small pencil goes on easily. I was able to control it and create a reasonably thin swipe of black at my lash line and decided that, yes, I could wear black eyeliner during the day! It added a little extra drama, but not too much. A thicker line and I'd be ready for a night on the town!

As to the waterproof, smudge-proof claim--I'm sold! I have allergies and my eyes tend to water. When my eyes water, I rub them. When I rub them, my mascara, liner, and even eye shadow is at risk of being rubbed off. This liner looked as great at 6pm as it did at 7am when I put it on.

Verdict: Gotta have it!

Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume:
Illume is a nude color. It’s pretty pale on my lips, but has a lot of sparkles in it. When I rub my lips together, as I often do, I can feel the sparkles. On the plus side, it’s very shiny and smells a bit like cake batter.

The gloss is easy to apply and has a velour wand applicator. It’s kind of thick…like putting honey on your lips.

Verdict: It’s an okay gloss in an every day color.

Hyperlash Mascara in Blackout :
My lashes are medium length, but light in color. I use black mascara to make them stand out. Based on the name “Hyperlash”, I expected to see some dramatic lashes, but what I got instead was--everyday. I was a little disappointed by this because I do like to pump up my lashes for a little drama, but this is a very nice mascara. It defined my lashes without clumping and I’d use it every day, but…

I occasionally, okay, frequently, sneak off to take a nap in the middle of the day. Normally, I can do this without getting caught, but the two times I napped while wearing Hyperlash, I woke up with black circles under my eyes! This didn’t happen with my previous mascara. If you aren’t a mid-day napper, then this probably won’t be an issue for you.

Verdict: Great every day mascara, but not if I plan on napping

Final Thoughts: If you like to play with makeup as much as I do, you’ll probably enjoy the Smashbox Try It Kit. I’ll be putting all of these items in my travel bag--they’re the perfect size. I like the gloss and mascara enough to use them up and the primers and liner I’ll be buying full-size.
Jordan C.
Milton , WV
I love products like this, especially when they come with multiple things because you get to try them all without spending an outrageous amount of money on something you just wanna try and end up not liking. But I liked this so much, because I actually loved everything that came in it. Smashbox seriously never disappoints.
Sandra B.
Saint louis
I love the kit great product affordable love the mascara and would recommend it to everyone good value good price nice packaging always delivers what it says long-lasting affordable price and would buy it again
Lizzy S.
i absolutely loved the try it kit from smash box, it came with a variety of makeup protects that we're very easy to apply and use. i was impressed with the long lasting of the supplies and it's something i would definitely recommend looking into.
Roseanna P.
I don't use this daily. But when I do use this I feel good about my self I feel beautiful. I bought this offline and thought why not give it a try nothing can hurt. If it's your first time trying new stuff try this product
Ashley C.
Cool Ridge, WV
This is great just to try the wonderful products or to keep in your car, purse, or travel or touch ups or general application. I love kits like this for spare sets
leah w.
The items in this kit are going to be small (hence the name of the kit), so don't think that everything is full size. Just the one eyeliner is! I personally loved this kit, because I could actually use everything that was in it. The mascara was my favorite thing in this kit, because it applied fairly evenly without clumping. Get this! I bought 2 :)
Cynthia H.
Janesville, WI
Pretty good kit to get familiar with a few Smashbox products. I am an avid eyeliner connoisseur, so I was very excited to try the liner in this kit. Unfortunately I was not a huge fan of it. The photo finish primer feels so soft on my face and is great under foundation. The lip gloss was a little too sticky for me, but the color is great. The mascara is my favorite! The brush is huge and leaves your lashes looking longer and more full. My favorite of all was the eyelid primer! It definitely makes your eyeshadow stick and stay for a long time! Overall a good kit...
Jackie D.
How do I get to test something like this x
Karen K.
New Canaan, CT
how much is this? I want
Brittany P.
Baton Rouge , LA
I would love to try this. Has anyone used this and or recommend it?
Lucinda M.
Springdale, AR
Does anyone know how much it costs to get smashbox?