BY SMASHBOX #56 in Liquid Foundation

An Oil-free, Hydrating Liquid Foundation That Gives You Flawless Skin For 15 Hours. It's Tested To Ensure That You Look Good In Any Light.

Tips:

For Extra Sheer Coverage, Warm Between Fingertips Before Applying.

Benefits:

• Medium-to-full Buildable Coverage With A Natural Matte Finish
  • Blurs Imperfections With Light-diffusing Spheres
  • Stays Put For 15 Hours
  • Lightweight, Comfortable Feel
  • No Touch-ups Required
  • Exercise-resistant, Sweat-resistant & Transfer-proof
  • Ideal For All Skin Types
  • Cruelty-free

Usage:

• Start With Photo Finish Primer.
  • For The Most Natural Finish, Buff Foundation Onto Face Using Short, Quick Strokes And Always Start At Center Of Your Face.
  • Build And Blend Your Way To Customizable Coverage.
  • Pair With Studio Skin Concealer For Flawless Coverage That Lasts Up To 24 Hours.

Water\aqua\eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

May Contain:

Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

• Im looking for a good Foundation. Is this one worth it?5 Answers
  • Do you find you have better results putting this on with ...26 Answers
  • Can anyone tell me if this foundation has made them break...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Marina R.
Oceanside, CA
Review for: 0.5 (Porcelain) more...
Do you like your skin to look like the effortlessly even, poreless models in small brand fashion ads? Then gorl, this is the foundation for you. Very few brands can claim a TRULY medium-buildable coverage, but this hits the nail on the head for me. It's not going to cover every  blemish 100% on it's own, but it really doesn't matter when the rest of your skin looks THIS smooth and even. I have combination skin and was initially put off by the fact that this was marketed as hydrating, but I've put it through 20 hour days with minimal blotting and it's held up exceptionally, while not accentuating the odd crusty spot. The number one selling point, imo, is how beautifully this photographs. I have yet to notice any flashback from the spf, it just looks like unattainbly even skin. Do it.
Cynthia Z.
Madison, NJ
Review for: 1.2 (Warm Fair) more...
This is my HG foundation and I can't find anything negative to say about it. This has the most beautiful natural finish and it photographs beautifully, I often find that long wearing foundations are too matte and have a very heavy finish. It is not the case with this product. It gives you medium coverage, but you can definitely build it up with an extra pump.

I travel to Walt Disney World often (basically is like spending your day in a sauna!) and this is the only foundation I'll wear to look flawless in person and pictures all day long!

One thing to mention is that I do not like wearing this with the smashbox primer, I have optimal results with the benefit porefessional or the tatcha silk canvas primer.
Alexa B.
Review for: 1.15 (Peach Fair) more...
I got this foundation as a recommendation because I have dry skin but wanted something with full coverage that wouldn’t dry my skin out. This foundation is advertised as hydrating but I still found it to cling to my dry patches, even when applied with a beauty blender. I think it was around $32 but it just dried me out and made my dry patches stand out. Maybe I need to try it again with a beauty oil underneath but it surprised me that the foundation was advertised as hydrating. I gave it to my sister and she really liked it on her oily skin so I think this one might be better if you have normal/oily skin. The pump and the packaging is nice too.
Sabrena H.
California
Review for: 0.5 (Porcelain) more...
I love this foundation specifically because it is so lightweight on my skin. The coverage is medium Id say and the finish is a demi matte. Smashbox formulated their products with being photo ready in mind and this foundation does that for sure. My skin always looks so nice and even when I wear this. It lasts a very long time when powdered and even unpowdered it has good staying power. I highly recommend this to anyone who has combo to dry skin because it isnt very drying.
Tammy C.
Frankfort, KY
Review for: 1.2 (Warm Fair) more...
I really liked this foundation. It’s hydrating but the finish is a semi matte or satin. My skin look so smooth and powerless when I wear it. This is a medium to full coverage foundation. I have to go in a second time for full coverage. This foundation looks great with one layer on “natural” makeup days. I have dry patches and this really helps. My skin looks better after I’ve taken it off. I bought the 1.2 but it was a little too dark for me. So I mix a foundation mixer with it and it still performs the same.
Michelle C.
San Gabriel , CA
Review for: 2.1 (Light Beige) more...
5 starts! I think I have found my holy grail foundation! this stuff is so incredibly amazing, when they say hydrating they weren't kidding. As someone with incredibly dry AND very sensitive skin I did not have problems with flaking OR break outs. The coverage is a medium to buildable full coverage foundation and lasts me a good 9-10 hour working day. I would need to blot once, but either than that I never seem to have to reapply. The only downside is that I wish they had more color variation. As someone with obvious warm undertones, I would appreciate more yellow vs peach colored foundations.
Brooke W.
Review for: 1 (Ivory) more...
I have the color 1.0 in ivory. In summary: long lasting, dry, not for every day.

I bought this foundation full price (ouch) with help from Ulta color match and it does match perfectly. I asked for recommendations for high coverage and dry skin.

Pros:
- This stuff stays on FOREVER. Like, the 15-hour last time I don't think is a lie. It's last through showers, sleeping after a full day, many a late sweaty night out. It takes a true makeup remover session with cotton pads/wipes to get this stuff off. Which I do love, it is nice for long events.
- It is pretty good coverage. I have red cheeks naturally and it hides them very well and keeps them covered. I am not the most acne prone so I cannot judge this well, but I think it would work.

Cons
- Price. Ouch - 42! Regrets.
- I don't understand how it says hydrating in the name. This stuff sucks out all my moisturizer and is SO. DRY. My skin does not like this stuff. It has a tendency to look patchy because when you put it on you have to put it on quite quickly before it dries because after that it is not going to budge.

Brie B.
Review for: 2.1 (Light Beige), 1.2 (Warm Fair) more...
Dang. I LOVE the texture, finish, coverage, pump applicator, light SPF... almost everything about this product.  ALMOST.  But I am in between shades and got tired mixing my match each morning.  I want to go back to this product, but wish they had a more extensive shade range.  For now I'm trying out the new Cover FX Power Play and have been happy with that as an alternative but miss the SPF and pump applicator of Smashbox's Studio Skin.  I'll be on the lookout for new color options.
Audrianna S.
Madison
Great foundation! My skin is pretty...strange. One day i'm dry, next day i'm combo. This product I can wear either. Although it's not the most hydrating foundation, applied with a damp sponge it's really nice. The coverage, I would say, is Light-Medium. But it's buildable. It CAN get cakey though if you start piling it on and then add powder so be careful! I love the color selection, I think this is totally worth the money I would pick this over drugstore foundations any day.
Hailey P.
Tucson
If I could give this product 10 stars I would!!! This is my holy-grail if foundations and an absolute must have in my daily makeup routine. Worth every penny!!! It’s light but buildable, and always leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and supple and moisturized. It probably would require some setting for those with oilier skin but I have dry skin prone to oiliness and it works wonders for me! I say good luck to anyone trying to get me to switch from this product!
Jessica M.
Do you find you have better results putting this on with a brush or your fingertips?
Laycie B.
Knoxville, TN
Is this a full coverage foundation
Rhiannon C.
Lexington Pk, MD
Just bought this and looking forward to trying it out. Anyone find that this applies better with a particular applicator like blender or brush? Or that it works better with any particular products? Specific primers, setting powders, or concealers? Curious to know how everyone likes to use it best!
Angela H.
Memphis, TN
Does this foundation oxidize?
Jennifer C.
Is this really transfer proof? Does it last all day? I've read that it gets oily during the day.