4 colors available

BY SMASHBOX #6 in Contouring Kits

A contouring kit that teaches you how to sculpt, shape, and define your features with three shades for defining, bronzing, and highlighting any complexion. Master basic contouring or advance your skills with this advanced sculpting kit designed for your face shape. Three blendable, buildable shades contour, bronze, and highlight the face for foolproof contouring, and the specially designed angled brush assists with even application.

This set contains:

- 0.4 oz Contouring palette

- Angled brush

• How is this on lighter skin? I have made attempts at contouring but...1 Answers
  • Would this be a good contour palette for a beginner?2 Answers
  • I usually see contour sets having double the number of color choice...3 Answers
Reviews (2008)
Buy on Sephora*
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS
Review for: Light/Medium
This is a really soft and creamy powder formula with 3 great colors. I have medium skin tone and this palettes colors work exactly right for my skin tone. These are very, very pigmented and it is very easy to over apply. They are also a bit tricky to blend out (which can be a problem if you've applied too much contour). I wanted to love this. I bought this after spending almost an entire afternoon in Ulta swatching different palettes. But instead of spending $25 for this palette, pick up the ELF Contour Palette (it's the same colors plus a highlight and it has a better formula). This does come with a very nice, travel-friendly tapered brush that applies bronzer, contour, and the light shade extremely well! I use this brush almost daily! This is okay and I do use it occasionally but I don't reach for it as much as I wish I did.
Kelsey G.
Kelsey G.
Lancaster, PA
This is the first contour kit I ever purchased. I did not think that I needed a contour kit with 6-8 shades just to start learning with so I decided to go with this smashbox kit. Best decision ever! 2 out of the 3 shades are now at the pan due to how much I utilize this palette every day. The contour shade is ideal and the bronzer never comes off as too orange. The highlight shade is perfect for setting under eye concealer or for cleaning up any contour edges. As a bonus, this kit comes with a little brush and I believe an insert with some information on contouring and highlighting! I will definitely be repurchasing this palette!
Prisci C.
Prisci C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Super easy to use contouring kit for those new to contouring or makeup in general. The powder formulas are goof-proof to use and much easier than the cream formulas I have tried. I also feel powder formulas like these are nicer for oily/combination skin since it stays put longer. There are 3 shades in this kit, your basic light highlighting shade, a medium bronzer shade, and a darker shade for shadows and creating depth. The kit comes with a good quality contouring brush and with a little booklet to help you use the kit depending on your face's shape which is nice.
Lina N.
Lina N.
Westminster, CA
Review for: Light/Medium
This product does not work for me. Contour does not show up well and very patchy. I only use the highlighter to highlight my under eyes but it accentuates my dry patches as well. I ended up returning it because I do not want to waste money testing a product I know that will not work for me. I do not mind spending money for skincare and makeup but this is nothing special for me. At least it does not go well with my dry skin. The brush it comes with is not good making product patchy when I apply on my skin. Quite a lot of fall outs when using this product.
Aimee W.
Aimee W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this Contour Kit. I am new to the contouring world and this was the best kit to get me started. I have fair skin so it's hard finding shades that work well with my completion. I The colors in this kit match my complexion perfectly. It comes with a highlighter, bronzer and a very beautiful chocolate color to create a nice flawless look. It works perfect with my foundation, doesn't go on too thick and blends very evenly. It also comes with a book that gives you different tips to create different looks. This is a must try in my book!
Kelli G.
Kelli G.
Somersworth, NH
Review for: Light/Medium
This palette is really easy to use and powder contour is usually the best way to start if you're just joining the contour world. I actually have tried a few different palettes and I cant say this is my favorite. I think that the contour dark color is not for every skin color. It was really dark for my light pale skin tone...it works but takes extra blending. The highlight I really liked though, it has the perfect glow. I would suggest different brushes rather than the one that comes with it but overall it is a good product.
Morgan G.
Morgan G.
Review for: Light/Medium
I recently purchased this in a makeup kit from ulta, and I have to say I wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much because it didn't look light enough for me. Boy was I wrong! I love this contour kit. The powders are so silky soft that they blend perfectly, which I'm really excited about because I've always had trouble with contour powders getting patchy on me. And the bronzer shade really helps the contour fade into your skin nicely. The highlight shade could be brighter, but it makes a nice setting powder too! I recommend!
Christina B.
Christina B.
Belchertown, MA
Love! These shades are all you need (with a little blush) for a great look. The contour and bronzer are very natural and blend together great. The banana isn't much of a highlight, but it does brighten under eye circles and helps cut a clean line below my contour. I ran out of banana and bronzer first, so my only suggestion would be to make those bigger than the contour. It's so pigmented that you don't use as much. I gave the brush to my daughter to play with and use my own, but it's a fine little angled brush.
Mercedes D.
Mercedes D.
Tempe, AZ
Review for: Light/Medium
I started out loving this. Then I realized that no matter how lightly I applied the cool toned contour it came out looking like mud on my face. The bronzing powder is far too orangey/red for my fair neutral skin tone, but the yellowy highlight is amazing for brightening my undresses naturally!!! I think this looks gorgeous on girls with a medium to dark complexion, but if you are very pale and tend to think many foundations/powders/lip products look too orange on you, shy away from this
Naomi D.
Naomi D.
Rochester, MI
Review for: Light/Medium
This is a great contour pallet if you're just starting out with controlling and are a little hesitant. This was the very first one I use and I feel like it really helped me learn how to contour my faee. The powers are decently pigmented and blend fairly well. I only used the brush that came with it to apply the powders to my face but I got a denser brush to more evenly blend everything. I still use the bronzer in this pallet even though I use a different contour pallet.
Linet R.
Linet R.
Where I can Find this product?
Kat L.
Kat L.
Bad Axe, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm looking into buying my 1st contour set. I've heard that creme is better to blend than powder. Thoughts? What do you recommend for beginner?
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Does this blend easily?
Aly K.
Aly K.
Fort Benning, GA
Is this a powder or a cream? And which do y'all think is better? I have skin that can get dry so i was thinking about trying a cream contour kit.
Justine R.
Justine R.
Tempe, AZ
I'm new to the contouring thing, is this a recommended kit to start off with?