Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit

User-friendly Contouring Kits That Teach You How To Sculpt, Shape, And Pop Your Features. Each Palette Has Three Shades For Defining, Bronzing, And Highlighting.

Tips:

Also A Great Eye Shadow In A Pinch!

Benefits:

• Brings You Deep Contour, Complementary Bronzer And Bright Highlight Shades In One Palette
  • Creates Contour With Pigmented, Blendable, Buildable Color
  • Comes With An Easy-to-follow Application Guide Based On Face Shape
  • Includes An Angled Brush
  • Appropriate For All Levels From Beginner To Advanced

Usage:

For The Nose:

• Using The Contour Shade, Apply Two Lines Down The Sides Of Your Nose, Starting Near The Beginning Of Your Brow And Ending At The Tip Of Your Nose. Blend Product To Create Shadows For A Slimming Effect.
  • Remember: These Lines Determine How Slim Your Nose Will Be, So Place Them Accordingly.
  • Using The Highlighting Shade, Accentuate The Bridge By Applying A Thin Line From The Top To The Ball Of Your Nose And Blend. This Draws The Light To The Center Of Your Nose, Making It Look Straighter.
  • To Make The Nose Look Shorter: Apply The Contour Shade To The Very Tip And Underneath The Tip Between Your Nostrils To Add Shadows For The Illusion Of A Shorter Nose.

For Cheeks:

• Suck In Your Cheeks To Find The Perfect Hollow From Your Ear To The Corner Of Your Mouth.
  • Using The Contour Shade, Apply Along This Line And Blend Upward To Create The Illusion Of Sculpted Cheeks By Creating Shadows.
  • Blend Upwards To Instantly Give The Illusion Of A Facelift.
  • Apply Blush Right Above The Contoured Line—on The Apples Of Your Cheeks—to Create A Naturally Flushed Look.

For The Jawline:

Apply The Contour Shade Underneath Your Jawline To Square Off Your Chin For A More Sculpted Look.

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Silica, Isopentyldiol, Boron Nitride, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

May Contain:

Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

Contour Palette Division Ingredients:

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Ptfe, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

May Contain:

Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)

Contour Palette Division Ingredients:

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil\paraffinum Liquidum\huile Minerale, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Panthenol, Isopentyldiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

May Contain:

Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)

PllEase give me a dupe for this contour color ?
Pros and cons of this product?
How much it was?
Start your review of Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit!
Product Highlights
“the bronzer shade is a little patchy on my skin but i love the contour shade. and the highlight powder always clings to my dry patches” in reviews
“i like the colors in this contour kit a lot. i have a pretty fair skin tone but the contour shade is just right. the bronzer is a bit warm for me personally but i can make it work. the powders blend out really nicely. the brush that comes with the kit is a bit small for my liking, but it does apply the product pretty well.” in reviews
Review for: Light/Medium
I’ve been using this for more than a year at this point. I’m on my second one. I love love love the contour shade— on my fair skin it looks just like a shadow. It’s perfect and I haven’t used other powder contours that, for me, compare. It’s great both with the brush that’s included and with my own contour brush. And the highlight shade isn’t super shiny— it more gives you a subtle glow that’s perfect for when you’re on camera and not trying to look like a disco ball. It’s great for everyday. I will say: the bronzer shade is fine but I prefer using Hoola so I just skip over the bronzer in this palette. There’s nothing wrong with the bronzer color; I just found one that’s better in my opinion so I’m not dipping into this one as often. Overall I like this product. It’s simple and easy to use. It looks great and lasts all day with setting spray on top. I use it every single day and it still takes me a long long time to hit pan on the shades.
Baxter, TN
Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit uploaded by Marsha L.
Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit uploaded by Marsha L.
Review for: Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit
I decided I was going to try this whole contouring craze so I did my research and bought Smashbox based off the reviews I read online. The product is very easy to learn to use with the instructions they include and they also have an online tutorial for women like me who are in our late 40’s and just learning all these new products out there. It’s definitely an investment piece for my makeup bag but I’m definitely going to keep perfecting my application technique with this kit. Who said you couldn’t teach an old dog new tricks??😊
Monrovia, CA
I have been using this almost every day for 3 years now. It’s so flattering!! The real gem in this palette is the dark contour shade. It’s cool toned enough that it looks just like a shadow when you put it on. I have not been able to find any other contour palettes with this perfect contour shade, they all seem to be bronzers that are too warm-toned to look like a shadow. The yellow shade is super nice for brightening up the under eye area as well. I get this as a gift to all of my friends who are makeup newbies because it’s super easy to use and has a step by step picture on the mirror as a guide.
Huntington, Indiana
Fabulous kit. The brush it comes with is small, but remember it is just a starter kit, so you may want another brush on hand. The colors and quality are great. The bronzer doesn’t turn orange, like most bronzers do. The contour is nice and cool and doesn’t look like dirt on the skin, and the highlight adds the perfect, natural lift. Entire face can look flawless with this palette. If you’re wanting a high-pigmented highlighter, remember this kit is for the entire face, so this highlighter isn’t super pigmented, it’s perfect for natural glow but can be built on if you want to add a highly pigmented color. All-in-all it’s a fabulous palette that I wouldn’t trade in.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit
This this was my first ever contour kit that I bought before I even knew how to contour! I really like that it has a diagram that shows where you should be placing each of the three shades as this was very helpful to me! The colors are matte and as I am fair complected I chose the lighter shades which plan did beautifully even though I was scared of the very dark one! I still have this brush and use it for all of my contouring. Definitely worth the purchase if you like to contour with powder or or a beginner like I was!
Destin, FL
I have loved smashbox for years! It is my go to foundation! I have found my skin is healthy and I look natural with the foundation. It is a great quality product! I would definitely recommend this brand. I love how easy it was to order online and get the eyeshadow trio that has become so hard to find anywhere else. This foundation matched my coloring perfectly, moisturized as promised, and meets the expectation off extended wear. I would definitely recommend Smashbox. I love the blending brush that came with my kit as well!!
San Diego, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Light/Medium
When I first started doing makeup about 8 years ago. This was my very first contour palette. Very easy to use, it even included guidelines. And very affordable. Especially since it comes with three essential shades for contouring and a brush specific for contouring. I still love it to this day & recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying out contouring for the first time or anyone who loves a good contour. The colors are beautiful and easy to blend/use.
Budd Lake, NJ
Review for: Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit
I purchased this kit as a beginner when I had just been introduced to contouring. I found this kit to be great as it is compact and simple- consisting of a highlight, contour and bronzer. I often used the bronzer as a blush as it did have a reddish undertone. The highlight however is a bit white for me as I have a more tan complexion. All in all I think it is a great product for someone who wants to get into contouring or wants a small compact set for travel.
Everett, WA
Review for: Medium/Dark
So the make up I’m trying to review is the contour stick. The stick is set with an angle that allows the stick to reach between small places such as the nose. However, again I went in cosdna.com and this also was a 3 in acne so I stopped with this. Also I believe this is discontinued because I can’t seem to find them. Oh well out of sight out of mind :). But if this is still working for you and you don’t have acne I guess you should still keep using it.
Durham, NC
Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit uploaded by Denise P.
Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit uploaded by Denise P.
Review for: Medium/Dark
I have been using smashbox for years. It's the only contour pallet I use. The shading is perfect for me. I use this on my clients as well. I choose not to go with heavy cream contours. I'll include some before and after pics of how well it looks. It gives a wonderful natural appearance that blends so nicely. I've had clients actually cry in my chair at the difference. To achieve a more structured streamlined look with such little product is absolutely fabulous.

254 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Bel Air, MD
il y a 2 mois
How is this Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit? I just ordered it because I got it for 50% off and I've heard great things about it!
Dana M. • il y a un mois
I love it! It is always on my repurchase list. I hope you are enjoying it as well.