Add a Photo

By SMASHBOX
#10 in Contouring Kits
Free Radiance Primer and Cover Shot Eye Shadow Duo with $40 order.

FREE GIFT

Free Radiance Primer and Cover Shot Eye Shadow Duo with $40 order.

Expires Today

A contouring kit that teaches you how to sculpt, shape, and define your features with three shades for defining, bronzing, and highlighting any complexion. Master basic contouring or advance your skills with this advanced sculpting kit designed for your face shape. Three blendable, buildable shades contour, bronze, and highlight the face for foolproof contouring, and the specially designed angled brush assists with even application.

This set contains:

- 0.4 oz Contouring palette

- Angled brush

Photos (96)
Lizzy G.
Lizzy G.

This was my first time buying a dedicated contouring product. It was also my first time successfully contouring! My past attempts had been with darker and lighter shades of liquid foundation and by the end, I had so many layers of foundation on my skin, it looked awful! Also, I think the darker contouring color needs to be a somewhat greyish (i.e. not yellow or pink based like most foundations) to look like a shadow and not a tan.

This set creates perfection! The highlighter is not super-light (I bought the lighter option palette)- honestly, it could be a little lighter and still work with my NC20 skin, but it works and is very natural. The dark color is absolutely perfect. It also has an excellent bronzer, although I find it requires a light hand. I love that the bronzer more red based than yellow because even with yellow undertones, mu natural tan is more like this bronzer and not Nars laguna, for example. The instructions are great and its hard to mess up I think.

Finally, it comes with a great brush! I used to love all the Smashbox sets that came with brushes and it seems less popular now, so that was great to see. Its a small brush, which is PERFECT for contouring, highlighting and even blush. The powder texture is excellent and makes skin look glowing (although it is mat- you know what I mean, mat but not flat!) and photographs beautifully.

One of the best make-up purchases I have made!
Missy F.
Missy F.
Corona, CA

This has been my holy grail contour kit for YEARS! I CRiED when they discontinued it a few years ago, and was so ridiculously happy that not only did they finally bring it back permanently, but that they added a second color option for ladies with darker skin tones (I myself am extremely fair, but since it's difficult for me to find products that fit my skin tone because i am the fairest on the spectrum, I can relate to someone who has difficult times finding makeup for darker skintones as well!) anyways, back to this amazing palette! the grey colored contour color is LIFE!!!!! I mix it with the other bronzer color for the perfect customized color that gives me a nice natural tanned/contoured look, with the perfect "shadow effect" that we all search for, but have a hard time finding. By the way, the highlighter in this palette is not shimmery which I am neither happy or sad about. It's not what made me fall in love with the palette, and the two amazing colors/textures of the contour colors, and the fact that it comes with an almost full sized, very nice slanted contour brush that actually WORKS, is amazing. I really can't say anything bad about this product, other than..... NEVER TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Cecille W.
Cecille W.

I found this gem at Marshall's on sale for only $24! Having used my Anastasia Contour Kit for a loooong time now, it was time for a change. I love everything about the Smashbox Contour Kit. Both contour shades are perfect for my skin tone and don't even get me started on the yellow highlight color. The little brush it comes with is perfect for defining the cheekbones with the contour color (left) and I use a bigger fluffy brush to go over it with the bronze color (middle). The end result? Perfect cheekbones!! The highlight color is yellow shade similar to other banana powders but this one is so pigmented, just a little dab on a brush lightens my entire undereye area. This has great staying power over my foundation even if I don't set it with a spray. Overall, amazing contour kit and I recommend checking places like Marshall's or Nordstrom Rack because they sometimes have it on sale! I'll definitely be repurchasing this.
Jahnay W.
Jahnay W.
wasilla, AK

This trio palette is amazing and great for medium to light skin. Perfect and easy to use, the contour color is amazing and doesn't look Streaky its blendable and i love it. The bronzer color is a tan, sunkissed color that is great for any season it helps bring my face to life. And the highlight is a brightening shade that i use to brighten my contour line and on my under eyes area. I use both the smashbox countour sticks with this pressedpowder paleete for a dramatic look, but its not necessary for day to day look. It comes with a cheat sheet/tips on how to use to contour certain parts of your face, how to brighten or slim other parts of your face and also how to create a light or dramatic (darker) tan. The cheat sheet is easy to read and understand with instructions and pictures. I love these and i have used up my brightening pan and just repurchased it again. Its my holy grail pick and i love love love it.
Katie S.
Katie S.

I'm torn about this product because I want to love it, but it's just not happening. Firstly, the application brush that comes with the kit is terrible. It doesn't allow for precise application or thorough blending. Secondly, I find that with this product, no matter what brush I'm using, I'm getting some fallout. Also, due to it being a powder contour, I feel like it can be super hard to blend, leaving some harsh lines if you're not doing a perfect application. Finally, while I adore the shades of the contour colors, the darkest color can make my fair skin look 'dirty' if the application isn't perfect and the highlighting color isn't anything to write home about. I find that the highlighter doesn't really highlight for my fair skin. For the cost of this product, I really wanted to love it but I prefer my stick contours. 2/10 would purchase this product again.
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS

This is a really soft and creamy powder formula with 3 great colors. I have medium skin tone and this palettes colors work exactly right for my skin tone. These are very, very pigmented and it is very easy to over apply. They are also a bit tricky to blend out (which can be a problem if you've applied too much contour). I wanted to love this. I bought this after spending almost an entire afternoon in Ulta swatching different palettes. But instead of spending $25 for this palette, pick up the ELF Contour Palette (it's the same colors plus a highlight and it has a better formula). This does come with a very nice, travel-friendly tapered brush that applies bronzer, contour, and the light shade extremely well! I use this brush almost daily! This is okay and I do use it occasionally but I don't reach for it as much as I wish I did.
Jamie C.
Jamie C.
Oklahoma City, OK

I really love the highlight shade in this kit and the brush is decent. However, I find the contour shade to be very patchy. I've tried putting a larger amount of setting powder where I am going to place the contour, but I still get the same effect. I would be willing to say it transfers or even bleeds from where you place it, requiring a lighter shade to maintain a clean enough line in an attempt to blend naturally. That doesn't seem to work too well for me though.

On a positive note, the shadows feel creamy and velvety. I absolutely love the highlight shade and I do keep the mini with me for touch ups, which seems to work fine. It's the initial placement that doesn't seem to work well for me. Would still recommend this.
Dana B.
Dana B.
Indianapolis, IN

I'll give it two stars for the simplicity and teaching you how to contour. In theory, it would be a great starter kit. However, I had so many issues with this product that made contouring more difficult than it should be. The shades looked awful on me. The bronze shade had an orangey undertone that didn't look good on my skin. The light shade wasn't light enough. The colors do not blend as well as other contour kits. The brush it came with was horrible. Also, I know that everyone's skin is different but I broke out every time I used this product. Which is strange since my skin is not sensitive. If this is your favorite contour kit, I recommend trying some other ones. There are better kits out there in that price range.
Kelsey G.
Kelsey G.
Lancaster, PA

This is the first contour kit I ever purchased. I did not think that I needed a contour kit with 6-8 shades just to start learning with so I decided to go with this smashbox kit. Best decision ever! 2 out of the 3 shades are now at the pan due to how much I utilize this palette every day. The contour shade is ideal and the bronzer never comes off as too orange. The highlight shade is perfect for setting under eye concealer or for cleaning up any contour edges. As a bonus, this kit comes with a little brush and I believe an insert with some information on contouring and highlighting! I will definitely be repurchasing this palette!
Alix R.
Alix R.
Centennial, CO

I was steered toward this contour kit by a Sephora artist when I went in looking for a way to camouflage my hyperpigmentation. Rather than covering my dark spots which rarely works, she showed me how to blend them using the kit. It works better than anything I've ever tried so I'm thrilled. The kit comes with a decent brush that's the perfect size. The colors are nice and natural although I do not use the darkest shade very much. The contour effect is natural and not fake looking at all. Finally, I love that these shades have zero shimmer or glitter but can still highlight, contour and bronze. Great for a naturally healthy look.
Linet R.
Linet R.

Where I can Find this product?
Kat L.
Kat L.
Bad Axe, MI

I'm looking into buying my 1st contour set. I've heard that creme is better to blend than powder. Thoughts? What do you recommend for beginner?
Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Does this blend easily?
Aly K.
Aly K.
Fort Benning, GA

Is this a powder or a cream? And which do y'all think is better? I have skin that can get dry so i was thinking about trying a cream contour kit.
Justine R.
Justine R.
Tempe, AZ

I'm new to the contouring thing, is this a recommended kit to start off with?