BY SMASHBOX

Talk About A Power Couple! Our Primer Duo Was Developed In Our L.A. Photo Studio To Help Makeup Look Better And Last Longer On Set. Blurred Pores. Radiant Skin. Can’t Lose. (A $52 Value!)

Includes:

Our Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer (Full Size)

• 1st Product Created At Smashbox Photo Studios L.A.
  • Blurs, Smoothes & Perfects
  • Blend Of Vitamins A & E, Grape Seed Extract & Green Tea

Primer Water:

• Leaves Skin Hydrated, Vibrant And Radiant For Hours—without The Shine
  • Use To Restore Moisture And Refresh Makeup Throughout The Day
  • Formulated Without Silicone, Alcohol Or Oil

Water\aqua\eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate Rds Product Name: Photo Finish Foundation Primer Division: Sx (Smashbox)Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Water\aqua\eau, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol

Smashbox Primer Duo Set
  • "i like it a lot, and i guess my makeup stays - but it seems to make my face get shiny pretty quick, which i don't like. i love the primer, but i'm not sure about the setting spray." in 16 reviews
Megan M.
I wish I could give this duo a 5 star rating but I can't... I absolutely LOVE the setting and refresh spray, but the primer... ugh. It did not work for me at all. The primer was too oily for my skin and left me with a giant greasy mess in the center of my forehead (I always get a bit greaser there and have found the tarte primer is fantastic for fixing it). I usually get a tad oily by the end of the day, but with the primer it was a lot worse than normal.

On a completely different note, I really do love the primer water. I use it before I put on my face for the day and throughout the day for a quick refresh and touch up. It's cooling on the skin and doesn't take forever to dry. It also helps avoid the dreaded cake face if you ever add too much powder to set your face. I would definitely buy the primer water again but not in this duo as I don't like the photo finish foundation primer.  Smashbox Photo Finish Primer WaterSmashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Ivy F.
Boston, MA
Purchased at: Sephora
I got this set a while ago when it was a gift set. I don't use the primer water often but it does a great job getting a bit more moisture to my face. It's basically a facial mist but it doesn't do too much in the form of being a primer. I don't really like the plastic-like smell of the Primer Water though. The Primer itself works like a charm. It provides a really nice and smooth canvas especially for the area under the eye where there are a lot of fine lines.
Kara C.
Cochranton, PA
Smashbox primer is so good. Leaves a nice canvas to begin applying foundation and makes your foundation last longer. Good for any skin type I have combination never leaves me feeling oily in my t zone. Highly recommend this product also the spray helps your makeup last and it’s basically waterproof!
bre V.
I love Smashbox as a brand but was disappointed by this product in particular. To me, it was way overpriced for quality and amount of product you get. It also made my skin break out a lot which was something I was truly disappointed in. I did not feel like this product made much of a difference at all in my complexion before applying makeup or after and I don't feel that it helped my makeup stay put any longer than a bare face would have. I will give this a 3-star rating only because I am almost always satisfied with Smashbox brand products. They are among my favorite Beauty Brands and I have heard a lot of good reviews from other people who have used the same products and liked it. However, it did not work for me and I would not buy it again.
Megan M.
Pottsville, PA
Purchased at: ULTA
I really love the light primer it really feels so good going on the skin. Not too pricey for the set especially because the setting spray is super hydrating. The only downfall is that I don’t think the setting spray sets as well as some cheaper products.
Ciara W.
Grass Valley, CA
My favorite primer is Tarte’s smoothing primer but my skin has been so dry lately I needed to try something more hydrating.

I’ve tried the photo finish primer in a sample size before and thought it was very greasy, at the time my skin was more oily, but I didn’t hate it.

I saw this set at tjmaxx for super cheap so I grabbed it and I’ve now used it every time I’ve done my makeup and I definitely think it’s helped hydrate my skin and make my makeup look better and last longer.

It fills my pores and being that it’s more hydrating it helps plump my skin which helps hide texture and, obviously, helps prevent my foundation from emphasizing dryness. Normally foundation looks horrible on my nose and won’t stay on but this primer has really helped with that as well. It looks so much smoother on my nose and when I blend contour on my nose it doesn’t rub off.

I had a couple women telling me how pretty and glowy my makeup looked the other day which was the first time I’ve ever gotten a compliment like that!

For some reason I wasn’t expecting the primer water to smell like anything but it has a light pleasant scent. The mister is very fine and not abrupt at all. I was very pleasantly surprised by this product and am loving it!

I recommend these products especially to people with dry skin!
Kendra N.
chicago
Purchased at: ULTA
Can you name a better duo?! Didn’t think so. The matte primer goes on smooth and seals up pores for an even apply. The prime water also acts as a setting spray. Those who know...KNOW! Smashbox has the best primer products on the block.
Ashley P.
If I could eat anything for the holidays, this would be my beauty must have!! This duo will always make your makeup look AMAZING! The smooth and oil free primer is my favorite! I love using as my base for my foundation, I always know my makeup will look smooth and even. The primer water has many uses. I use it as a spray before I bake. I also use it on my makeup brushes before putting my makeup on. I feel as though it helps my eyeshadow go on so much better. A little bit goes a long way with these two!! I get mine at Sephora. This brand cannot be compared to any other! I’ve tried “oil free” primers that made me look so shiny. I can guarantee this WON’T happen with this duo!! #giftcrush Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation PrimerSmashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Del P.
moosic, PA
the primer is great for most skin types, however the spray really doesn’t do much. i didn’t notice a difference in the longevity of my makeup throughout the day. i would recommend , but just the primer.
Avianna V.
Lorain, OH
The first primers I’ve ever used and I really set the standard high. The Photo Finish primer is an amazing makeup base because it completely smooths uneven skin texture such as fine lines and wrinkles, deep pores, or acne/scars. Once foundation is on top the skin appears flawless! The Primer Water is also a great product that I use as a makeup refresher. Sometimes I use it to dampen my beauty blender and with foundation it gives me a very natural skin finish.
Caitie V.
Bristol
I really want to get this, but is it worth the money? And does it make your makeup last longer?
Jaedyn💙 W.
Sunnyvale, TX
i’ve heard so many good things about this does this really help hydrate your face and help your make stay on?
Rheanna T.
san jose, CA
what would your 3 favorite foundation primers be?
Ellie t.
Is it worth the money?
Mel M.
Hallandale Beach
I would like to try this primer? It worth the money?