BY SMASHBOX #42 in Face Primer

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A primer and moisturizer in one that delivers 24-hour hydration and powerful primer benefits in the lightest possible texture. Solutions for: - Dryness - Dullness and uneven texture - Fine lines and wrinkles If you want to know more… Primerizer instantly increases moisture and preps skin for makeup in one step. The non-greasy, quick-dry formula sets in seconds, acting as a makeup magnet that locks on foundation and makes it last. It plumps and moisturizes with niacinamide (which improves skin's vitality and barrier repair) and hyaluronic acid (a molecule that holds water within the skin to prevent moisture loss). Primerizer also smooths skin, softens dry fine lines, and stops makeup from settling into pores. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Phthalates This breakthrough primer contains 762 sextillion molecules of water per bottle. It's translucent, has a weightless, silky texture, and is suitable for all skin types. This product is cruelty-free and free of sodium lauryl sulfates, oil, fragrance, and talc. Research results: In a consumer study, after 1 use: - 97% said it feels lightweight - 87% said skin felt instantly hydrated - 91% said their makeup went on flawlessly In a consumer study, after 1 week of use: - 90% said it delivered a high level of hydration - 88% said it helped makeup look good - 88% said it helped makeup last all day - 89% said their skin felt hydrated throughout the day - 89% said skin felt softer & smoother - 93% said their skin felt comfortable all day - 98% said it didn't leave a white cast on their skin - 91% said their skin looked fresh - 86% said their makeup looked better - 96% said it didn't change the color of their foundation see more...

• Does this setting spray help your makeup not separate? Or not melt ...1 Answers
  • I have very oily t-zones..would this work for oily skin?2 Answers
  • Has anyone had a chance to use this yet? I like that it's a 2 in 1....1 Answers
Cherish H.
Cherish H.
Round Rock , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
My new go-to primer! I was scared this would feel greasy or thick, but it is so lightweight and hydrating. It literally feels like water, but with lasting hydration for your skin. I tried this primer because my usual holy grail, Benefit Porefessional, tends to pill a bit with matte foundations. I snagged YSL's All Hours Foundation and not only was it a bit drying, but it doesn't seem to play well with silicone based primers. YSL All Hours foundation + this primer = match made in heaven. My make up goes on smoothly over this primer and lasts all day.
Kathleen S.
Kathleen S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
#Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer is absolutely my favorite product of 2017 so far. I have extremely dry and problematic skin that doesn't play well with foundation or powders. I thought I had found my Holy Grail when Smashbox came out with their Primer Oil. I FINALLY could apply foundation without it grabbing on to every single dry patch! I could finally comfortably wear foundation! Well this is now my Holy Grail for sure! Instead of applying oil and letting it "sink in" for a few minutes and then applying my moisturizer and letting THAT sink in for 5 more minutes, I can now do it in one step. It isn't greasy, feels like a very watery moisturizer, smells great, really moisturizing and makes my makeup apply beautifully and LAST all day. Love it love it! I would recommend it to anyone!
Sherry M.
Sherry M.
Odessa, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I didn't think I'd ever find a product that would replace the hangover primer as my holy grail primer but this might just be it.
I'm super dry so moisturizing is very important, an essential step in my beauty routine and the one product I will absolutely never skip out on.

But this primer is so hydrating that I can actually skip my usual moisturizer that goes on under my makeup and this product will more than do the job.

I also love pairing this with the new tarte clay stick foundation and it looks absolutely flawless.

(I still heavily moisturize at night too though)
amber l.
amber l.
Anderson, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have super dry skin to the point that going without moisturizer is never an option for me. This new primer that's replacing their original hydration primer is a must for dry skin or even combo skin with dry patches. The fact that this primer has hyaluronic acid is a super plus for dry skin because it helps seal in moisture. I also like that it's not super thick and sticky.
Heather S.
Heather S.
Grove City, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
i Just bought this product and tried alone. I stopped using my other moisturizer and other primer to see if it truly helps. It was very moisturizing and it was a little tacky feeling once I rubbed it in. I noticed my makeup looking more smooth and it lasted a little long around my nose area, which is my problem area. I have dry combination skin and this sinks right in and it does not take much. I vote for anyone thinking about trying this to try it out. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Lexie R.
Lexie R.
Winter Park, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I ask a lot of my primers and this hits everything I look for . I have really dry skin and this keeps me nice and hydrated . I don't know if I would recommend it for oily skin but definitely dry. My makeup also last a really long time when I wear this . I'm a server and I always need to touch of my makeup half way through my doubles and I have noticed the need for touch ups is at a minimum. This is going to be something that I will re purchase all the time ! I highly recommend
Brittney H.
Brittney H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am loving this new primer! I have dry skin and it is so hard to keep it hydrated all day long. So far, so good with this product! I did a wear test of this primer on one side and the Becca hydrating one on the other and the Smashbox primer made my make up look better through out the day! It is a thick consistency and melts right into the skin, leaving it plump and hydrated. I like this primer because it helped with the longevity of my make up! I purchased mine from Ulta! So happy with it!
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best primer I've ever tried!!!! I have combo skin. This made my make up really stick, and last all day. Plus it's so hydrating!! Feels amazing. They had me at niacinimide!!! lol it's also a big luxurious glass bottle. Primer + moisturizer is genious!!!! Plus hyaluronic acid. Great ingredients and great make up application, I love it so much.
Kati V.
Kati V.
Everett
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just got this and tried it this morning. It's very hydrating to your skin. I wouldn't say that it really made my makeup stay on for a longer period of time, but it did help moisturize my skin. I honestly might try this again along with a more tacky primer tomorrow morning, but overall it's not bad! Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer 1 oz/ 30 mL
Reilly S.
Reilly S.
Chestnut Hill, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have combo skin that leans dry and this stuff is amazing. I can already see myself repurchasing it!! I use this after I moisturize and it really helps my foundation glide on. It feels light weight on the skin and has hyaluronic acid in it which is going to help keep your skin moisturized. I don't get oily with this primer, so smashbox really did live up to their awesome primer standard!
Siobhan M.
Siobhan M.
GLASGOW
Is this a really good primer to use?
Maruly C.
Maruly C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How good is this primer? Worth the money?
Sandra S.
Sandra S.
Bloomington, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok. How does this stuff work on combo skin??
Bo B.
Bo B.
lincoln, great Britain
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it like a cream or a spray?
Siknah C.
Siknah C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What sets this apart from Smashbox's current primer water? Is there a noticeable improvement or would you say it works the same? I.e. does it actually moisturize well or would you still need to apply a separate moisturizer