BY SMASHBOX #17 in Face Primer

Description A 2-in-1 primer and setting spray that hydrates, preps and refreshes skin. Benefits • Immediately moisturizes, soothes & adds radiance • Preps skin for makeup application • Instantly absorbs into skin for lasting hydration • Leaves skin looking ultra soft without adding shine • Revitalizing electrolytes reawaken skin & restore moisture • Can be used as a setting spray • Use to refresh makeup throughout the day • Ideal for all skin types • Cruelty-free In a consumer study on 102 women after 1 use: - 93% said it leaves skin instantly hydrated - 90% said it absorbs quickly In a consumer study on 102 women after 1 week of use: - 93% said it worked well with their skin tone - 90% said skin felt refreshed More Details This transparent primer water is non-acnegenic, ophthalmologist and dermatologist-tested. "I use it as a primer before makeup, as a setting spray to help keep makeup in place, and as a misting spray throughout the day to refresh skin. It’s like a spa in a bottle!"—Lori Taylor Davis, Global Pro Lead Artist at Smashbox. How To Use Hold bottle 8”• 10” away from face and mist onto skin evenly. Mist on this multitasking water in 3 ways: 1. Prime to create our sheerest canvas for makeup application. 2. Set your makeup to lock on your look. 3. Refresh throughout the day to wake up skin. Studio tip: For an extra refreshing mist, try storing it in the fridge. Formulated without Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Phthalates, Silicone, Oil, Alcohol & Talc. INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU , BUTYLENE GLYCOL , CAFFEINE , MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE , CALCIUM CHLORIDE , SODIUM SULFATE , POTASSIUM NITRATE , POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE , POLYSORBATE 80 , DIAMOND POWDER , FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) , LIMONENE , LINALOOL , CITRAL , PHENOXYETHANOL , SODIUM BENZOATE Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients. see more...

• I'm thinking of buying this is it worth t?6 Answers
  • I got a sephora sample of this but I'm not sure what it's suppose...2 Answers
  • Does this product help keep your makeup on longer?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jasmine B.
You would think that since this is a hydrating primer it would be terrible for oily or combo skin but it's actually the opposite.  I have used a combination of  Primer Water,   Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer and  Smashbox Photo Finish Mattify Primer Stick to control some of the oil production in my T zone.  The results so far have been very positive.  I followed my usual routine of setting my face with powder and spray and found that I didn't see much oil until about 6 hours later.

I like the very light scent and the fact that the pump produces a very fine mist.  This is great for refreshing your makeup during the day.
jordan r.
Mahopac, NY
Such a refreshing and hydrating product! The spray comes out so nice on the skin! A little goes a long way but I love using more then you have to! It really nourishes the skin before applying any foundation.

The bottle is a great size so it does last a long time!

It sets into the skin nicely and makes my foundation apply so well. I like how when I use a matte foundation it helps keep it a little dewy and not look so dry on the skin. It fills in my pores great and doesn’t leave any patches.

I also use it throughout my makeup application if my face starts to get dry feeling before I set my foundation. It’s nice to use on a beauty blender also to blend out concealer!

This is one of the first smash box products I have used and I’m very impressed with it! I will most definitely be repurchasing
Robin M.
Sumner, WA
Me being the ever skeptic, I wondered if Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water was just plain water in a fancy bottle, but whatever is in there really hydrated my skin. I spritzed this all over my face prior to primer. Let it dry and applied my foundation. The spray on it is really good also, it comes out in a fine mist as it should and I would purchase this again and again and recommend to people who have dry skin issues. UPDATE: I have recently found that it is a wonderful mid-day makeup refresher. I lightly spritz on my face, then take a slightly dampened beauty blender and touch up my makeup..good as new!! Also, I have used it for applying eyeshadow..works way better than eyedrops and strongly reminds me of Mac fix plus #smashboxprimer #primerwater #refreshing
Rebecca M.
Wichita
I have very oily skin, so liquid foundations are often not practical without primer, otherwise they settle into pores and creases. I've tried many primers: multiple Smashbox "flavors" (ha!) Chanel, MUFE, Benefit, Shiseido...you name it--and I still haven't found my Holy Grail.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is in the top tier, though. This is NOT like a slippery gel primer, such as Smashbox--it's a creamy-textured white liquid, which is quite similar to Chanel "Le Blanc de Chanel." It DOES seem to meld with your skin very well. The primer feels more like a lotion than an thick layer of frosting (looking at you, Benefit!), and it noticeably helps makeup "stick" to you better. But the downside to the thinner texture is that it doesn't do anything to fill in pores, scars, fine lines, etc. That's not entirely a bad thing---sometimes you need a lightweight option in situations where it would look weird to show up with a poreless face full of makeup, but you still want to give yourself some "oomph" (e.g. summer festivals, going to the gym, camping....etc)

The other downside is the sky-high price, which is equivalent to Chanel. So is it worth it? It depends. For me, it's not a life-changing product, but it IS a very nice luxury. If you prefer a lightweight primer without the slipperiness of a gel, and you don't have big pores, scars, or flakes, this is probably ideal for you.

(I've attached a photo showing the Hourglass Veil under my Shiseido BB----as you can see, my skin looks glowy and nice, BUT you can still make out all my pores, scars... and flaking around my nose from an aggressive sneezing attack!)
Selena L.
Lynn, MA
Everyone should know Smashbox is known for their best selling primers!!! and they did it again with the Photo Finish Primer Water!! My favorite go-to mist. Love how refreshing and hydrating it is. I use this on myself and on clients. Perfect for spritzing on shadows so they appear more pigmented or stay in place. Smashbox also offers it in their travel mini size which is perfect on the go and you can touch up and refresh throughout the day. I highly recommend to try this product out! :) Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
MeTime M.
This is a good setting spray. The smell is subtle. I have combination and this seems to be fine with parts where it is oily and doesn't dry out the dry spots on my skin. The makeup stays on the entire day. No touch ups required. I'm not sure if I got a bad pump or something but something I don't like is how it sprays out-- it doesn't have a complete fine mist.. large drops are seen on the face every time I open my eyes after I use this spray. I expected it to see small micro drops (if that makes sense).. that is why I gave it a 4 star.
Robin C.
Winter Garden, FL
I got the primer water in a set, and I enjoyed using it, however I wouldn’t purchase it on it’s own. The bottle says it can be used as both a primer and/or a setting spray, and while my makeup seemed to last all day with it, I didn’t feel like I saw any difference by using a spray. It felt like I was just spraying water on my skin and there was no advantage. The only pro to using a spray is the convenience, however I would prefer to use a regular primer over a “water spray.”
Jessica P.
Chesnee, SC
This stuff is so refreshing! I love using this first and then if I’m doing a “full face” use a pore filling or redness corrector primer after this dries. I do feel like it gives me the perfect “base” to start my makeup on and it helps my makeup last longer. I have oily/combo skin and acne prone skin, and it hasn’t caused me any issues!
Julie L.
Gainesville, GA
I love this. I used every time I do my make up. Hydrated my skin but it’s not oily and I have oily skin but it leaves the skin hydrated and not oily. I also use it as a setting spray because it leaves the skin looking natural after the make up. Overall it’s a really great product. It truly feels like water! If I could spray it all over my body as well I would definitely do it. It’s really good. It’s one of my holy grail make up products and a must have.
Victoria P.
El Paso
I LOVE this product I have repurchased it like so many times it is really good! It is oil free which I like because I have oily skin. It also really intensifies any eyeshadow, highlighter, or mascara that you use and it just locks in the makeup really well. I don’t really use it to prime my face though but the one time that I did, I felt that it did not really make a difference in the makeup that i put on top but overall, Its a REALLY great product.
Syeda F.
Is this also a skin care product ?
Briannah E.
Fresno, CA
Does this product work better as a primer or as a setting spray?
Jamie Rose S.
Is this gentle enough for sensitive skin?
Brittney B.
Palmdale, CA
Every time i use this, my make up doesnt stay one im i using it wrong ? And how,does this, work ?
AMANDA A.
Is this a better primer or setting spray?