BeautyFaceFace MakeupSmashbox
- Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur

smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur

A transparent primer gel that smoothes skin and blurs flaws. It was developed to help makeup look better and last longer on set. Light-weight and oil-free.

I want to try a new face primer, I’m currently using this smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur & sometimes I use MAC Prep Prime Natural Radiance Instantly Collection . I don’t like the dewy-look. I use matte foundations. Any recommendations ?
Does anyone else get pilling with this no matter what is omitted/ changed from skincare routine? smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur ?
Did you know that you could use discount code SOUTH30 at checkout on Smashbox.com to get 30% off products? 😎smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur
Start your review of smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur!
Susan K.
Manassas, VA
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Susan K.
Purchased at: Sephora
After applying my sunscreen my next step in a good primer. This one is almost transparent and light, which is great since I always go for a light makeup. The area around my cheeks are always red, and I can see that after I apply this primer it does help to blur a bit.
Vera C.
Calexico, CA
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Vera C.
Purchased at: Macy's
I think this is a good primer, does a good job of hiding my pores, it’s very smooth on the skin, I like the way this goes on, it dries super quick and leaves my skin feeling soft, but I’ll give 4 stars because sometimes I feel the oily, I bought the mini size just to try it, maybe I’ll buy the bigger size, not sure. But it’s an okay primer.
Anastasia A.
Glen Cove, NY
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Anastasia A.
Purchased at: Sephora
I’ve used many different primers but they don’t compare to photo finish. I put a pea size amount and spread it easily on my face with my fingers. It really diminishes your pores, blurs any imperfections and makes your skin smooth. Who wouldn’t want that for a base for facial makeup? I wouldn’t change a thing about this.
Puja  J.
Phoenix, AZ
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Puja  J.
Purchased at: Sephora
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur It really helps me to keep makeup in place. It also smooths out complexion before applying foundation. It helps to apply foundation smoothly.
Tori W.
Sparks, NV
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Tori W.
I loved all the products in this set. This leaves your skin feeling silky smoothe! I would recommend any of these 3 to anyone!
Shannon H.
New Orleans
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Shannon H.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love the way this products feels! It’s very lightweight and it makes my makeup look so much like real skin! I find that my makeup even lasts longer with this primer! Definitely a must have!
Heather  G.
Kalamazoo, MI
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Heather  G.
After using this on top of my normal serum and moisturizer it just felt like too much on my face! I think if used alone or with minimal other products it could be good. I’m trying it in different ways to see how it works best for me. smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur
Mohsina M.
Lahore, NC
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Mohsina M.
Purchased at: Sephora
I really enjoyed this primer! I feel like I was putting on a very skin healthy moisturizer instead of a traditional primer. My makeup went on smoothly and left a more natural healthy glow when using it. Unfortunately though, after only a few hours of wear, even with several different foundations tried, the foundation on my nose would always start to separate within a few hours. I'm guessing from the very mild oiliness I get on my T-Zone. Other than that, this primer looks, smells and feels great. It continues to make my skin feel amazing, with all the benefits of the highly moisturizing formula along with vitamins B, C and E. I would highly recommend this primer for anyone looking to improve their skin condition, or if you prefer a more natural foundation finish. I imagine using a BB or CC cream with this primer would work best and look naturally beautiful. Attached is a photo of my makeup right after using this primer.
Kortney U.
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Kortney U.
Love how it feels on my skin when I put it on and feels Very weightless like a feather. Not bad at all.
Amal H.
smashbox - Photo Finish Primer The Original Smooth and Blur uploaded by Amal H.
This primer is an good primer! Although, I have oily skin so when I want to wear makeup for a long period of time I use another primer because this one doesn’t stay on that long for me. I like this primer!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
P ..
il y a 6 mois
Stacey M. il y a 6 mois
Urban Decay makes a good primer, too.
Anna K.
Carpentersvle, IL
il y a 10 mois
Sarah C. il y a 10 mois
I have combination skin, and haven't experienced that. Maybe you need to exfoliate and/or moisturize? When products aren't working right for me, that's usually the culprit
Heather G.
Wichita
il y a 2 ans
Does anyone else have an issue with Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer rubbing off as soon as you apply your foundation? I apply my foundation with a complexion sponge and it seems to be rubbing off the primer into these little globs I have to brush off my face. Am I somehow using it wrong? Do I need to wait for the primer to set longer? If you’ve experienced this, but solved the problem, please pass along your tips!
Pamela M. il y a 5 mois
I have never had a problem with this primer. It works great for me always. What is the foundation you are using? Wonder if that has anything to do with it. Maybe ingredients don’t mix well together.