BY SMASHBOX #23 in Face Primer

Created in our L.A. photo studio to help make makeup look better and last longer on set—we took it a step further with our pore-minimizing primer that instantly blurs fine lines and pores while mattifying shine and controlling oil for 8 hours, leaving skin with the perfect canvas for makeup application. Think of it as the Power Blur—and the best way to start your makeup every day.

• Is this really Greasy? Or has a lot of silicone?4 Answers
  • Does this have the same consistency and feeling as the original pri...3 Answers
  • Does this really minimize your pores?4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Vicky L.
Vicky L.
Arlington , VA
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
I've been trying this product for about 3 weeks now after receiving this as a trial size from my Play! by Sephora Box (subscription box). I was very excited to try it but this product is kind of hit/miss for me; my results are pretty inconsistent which is why I only gave it 3-stars.

Here's why it didn't really work for me. When used in conjunction with my moisturizer (Nivea Men's Aftershave for Sensitive Skin), this product balls up and does not settle well AT ALL into my skin. It's basically useless when combined with non-Smashbox products. It dries out my skin on some days as well so it's also not the best to use for my combination/oily skin.

Things that I did like: formula is not oily/silicon-like - very comfortable to wear when it feels like cooperating and sinking into my pores. When the product does do its job, I do like how it looks and it blends well with my foundation.

To combat the issue of the primer balling up, I use Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water but I don't think that is quite hydrating enough for my skin some days when my skin is more irritable.

In general, it works for the most part but for my skin, I don't think I would purchase the full-size because of the inconsistency of results and difficult to work with product.
Leah R.
Leah R.
Huntington, NY
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
I started using this primer over the summer, when my Mally Beauty perfect prep primer had run out and that product is always sold out! So after looking around A LOT I finally settled on this product. I do really like this primer, it fills in pores and helps my make up last all day. It's not too heavy, not oily or greasy. And I have re-bought it a couple of times. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the price. I believe the 1oz bottle is close to $39 which is a lot of $$ for not that much product. I was actually buying the travel size bottles (.5 oz) because I started with the travel size when I wanted to test the product out, and like some other reviewers I learned that's the better deal as the travel size is only $16 (making 1 oz only $32). So while I do really like this product, I just think there are more affordable options out there that work just as good.
Sophia R.
Sophia R.
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
Being a teenager with extremely oily skin, large pores are just a part of life. However, that doesn't mean I have to fall victim to the large holes in my cheeks every day. I also have to deal with a very large ice pick scar on my nose due to an infected pimple I once experienced. This product has alleviated me of those troubles easily and efficiently. To apply, I simply add a dime sized amount to the back of my hand. Then I dab my finger into the product and apply to my problem pore areas in stippling motions. It doesn't mattify my face, so it is not very practical for oily skin, thus I wear another primer on top of the Smashbox primer. Thanks to the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, I can step outside without feeling judged by everyone.
Kat P.
Kat P.
Bells, TX
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
I like this primer but I'm not head over heels with it. It does a great job on filling in my larger pores but its not really entire face primer, including with my skin (combo oily skin with several dry patches) The packaging is adorable so that is a plus but the formula feels kinda weird including when you go to apply it (I usually apply with my fingers). It is very light on the face and it is tinted. I believe it says 8 hour wear but I'm lucky if i even get a couple hour wear time with this primer. I would recommend this to anyone who has larger pores but definitely don't buy the full size container without trying it first.
Marii R.
Marii R.
Lowville, NY
This product is perfect for anyone with oily skin! I have combination but too much moisturizer makes me skin oily and since I've been using this I don't need to worry! It goes on super smooth, doesn't show up without makeup so you can wear it with or without makeup. It minimizes pores perfectly! I would recommend this product highly. It's also perfect for anyone who hits the gym a lot. It will keep your pores from clogging with sweat! It might be a little pricey but it's worth it and lasts me almost two months! A little goes along way! :) if you have any questions feel free to contact me!
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Olive Branch, MS
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
I purchased this primer from Sephora a few weeks ago as I'm on the hunt for the perfect one for my skin type. I have to say this primer shocked me after reading mixed reviews. Not only is it mattifying, it does give my skin a smoothr look. My foundation goes on nicely and it keeps my skin from becoming overly oily. I have very textured skin because of large pores and this product has done everything it claims to for my face. Pricing is a little on the high side, but realistically it's better than any drugstore brand I've tried, so it is worth it in my opinion.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Trussville, AL
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
Eh... I know how popular these primers by Smashbox are, but for some reason none of them seem to work out for me. Makeup slides right off of it, it seems, and I suspect that has to do with silicone just not being something that works for me. First off, I get pilling no matter what other products I'm using. I even tried it today with a silicone-based moisturizer and still got horrible pilling. I've tried simply mixing it in clean hands, and again... pilling. Perhaps it's the makeup of my skin? In any case, this just doesn't work for me.
Stacy C.
Stacy C.
Los Angeles, CA
This gets 3 stars on a considerably "good" day. I can't figure out why, but some days it works well and other days it clumps up when I apply it to my face (I shake the tube, pat it, rub it, and it does not seem to go into my face). It's OK at reducing shine/oiliness/appearance of pores, but I wouldn't buy it again. When it does dissolve nicely into my face, it does make my skin smooth. When I use my bb cream without this product, I find it goes on much better and my oiliness isn't that much worse than when I do use the product.
Lu H.
Lu H.
Murfreesboro, TN
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
This really helps diminish my pores. I have an oily tzone with large pores in the same area that even with most primers my makeup will start to cake. My make up usually settles into my pores and fine lines but since using this it creates an even base for me to work with. It feels very smooth and also helps to control oil. I usually still have to blot throughout the day but not as much as usual. I do feel like it clogs my pores a bit once I take my make up off so one star for that but it does amazing while on! Will repurchase.
Allyson R.
Allyson R.
Centralia, WA
Review for: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 1 oz
I have fairly large pores on my cheeks and nose and this is the only primer I've used that actually does what it claims and minimizes them. It also helps make my makeup last longer than any other primer too so that's an additional benefit! It's the only primer I've repurchased over and over again so that definitely holds its spot as my holy grail primer for sure. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it's a little spendy at $39.00. Good lord that's a lot of money!!! Trust me though, it's totally worth it
Sierra F.
Sierra F.
I need a primer to hide my pores. How well does this one work?
Sofia Q.
Sofia Q.
North Bergen, NJ
I've been trying to look for a primer that covers my pores but at same doesn't move my foundation or make it look greasy or feel greasy? Any suggestion on primers that help minimize pores and helps foundation stay on all day.
Mariela S.
Mariela S.
Tucson, AZ
I have sensitive skin has anyone used this and broke out or was everything good? Just curious I really want to buy it not sure if it's worth testing it.
Sammie M.
Sammie M.
Does this really minimize your pores? I wanted to try it but I want to know if it's worth it or not?
Maria B.
Maria B.
Hanceville, AL
How well does this cover and is it tinted like foundation or does it blend it? I want something that won't break up through out the day...