BY SMASHBOX #70 in Face Primer

Created in our L.A. photo studio to help make makeup look better and last longer on set—we took it a step further and added instant hydration. It instantly blurs pores and fine lines, leaving skin with the perfect canvas for makeup application.

• How does this compare to the Too Faced hangover hydrating primer?1 Answers
  • I'm looking for a primer that is super moisturizing as well as gi...2 Answers
  • Looking for a hydrating primer. I have really dry skin and founda...2 Answers
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
  • "i have this along with many of the others and i use it not only for myself but for my clients as well, its a ok primer but it doesnt hydrate dry skin." in 10 reviews
  • "This primer is great because it adds extra moisture to my skin, and without it I find that my foundation applies patchy and kind of cakey, because with my skin type even after exfoliation I'm going to have dry patches." in 5 reviews
  • "By using a small pea sized amount of this primer on my skin after moisturising, it helps to keep my skin looking and feeling more hydrated." in 5 reviews
Lydia R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I do have dry skin, and this is pretty hydrating, but I find I don't need that in a primer as I have always just applied a good moisturizer. However, I can see this being calming for sensitive skin. Don't see this helping much with staying power, and if you are oily, I don't know if this would help keep you hydrated to stop oil, or just make your foundation slide off sooner. Not worth the price for me as I want something to help makeup last longer.
Rina M.
Perris, CA
If i were able to give more stars i would. This stuff is AMAZINGGGG i mean SO Amazing! If you suffer from dry skin like i do, i highly recommend. Have never loved a product so much. I have used so many primers and never found one for my skin type so eventually stopped using it all together. Untill one day i was introduced to this baby😍 and my makeup never looked more beautiful and hydrated and glowy. Must buy! Go go go
Brenna J.
I liked this primer, it worked really well. But I did not know that I liked it as much as I did, because when I ran out I decided to buy a cheaper brand primer since this one is pretty pricey, and now using the other brand I really miss this one and will probably be buying again when I run out. It goes on very smooth and doesn't feel thick or cakey at all like the other primers I have used. Would definitely recommend.
Sierra V.
Sublette, IL
My absolute favorite makeup primer! I have dry skin that tends to break out easily, but this does not irritate my skin. After applying, my skin feels great and my foundation applies so smooth! A little of this product goes a long way, so it lasts me a long time.

TIP!! Once you get to the bottom of the tube, cut it open and you can get a few more uses out of it! (:
Samantha S.
Williamsville, NY
This is my favorite primer by Smashbox. Oddly enough, the original breaks me out, but the hydrating one doesn't. My friend originally gave this to me. She has oily skin and it made her greasy, but it's perfect for my normal skin. I have since repurchased a full size. It has a thin, gel-like texture, and a little goes a long way. Very hydrating and smooth
Kelsey P.
I liked the way this felt when first applied, it`s a cooling, refreshing feeling. However, for the price, I have found other primers that I like better. I feel the only thing this did for me, was made my skin feel nice, but only when first applied. The feeling didm`t last more than 10 minutes.. I would say skip this one if you`re looking for hydration.
Kerri D.
Westland, MI
Smashbox photo finish hydrating Foundation primer is one of the best primers I've used this year I wish there was more in the bottle I go through it so much it's a primer must have no more dry matte look made my skin look natural hydrated and moisturized without accentuating any of the blemishes and or pores I recommend it highly and give it a 5 stars
Leslie J.
Goodview, VA
Nice silicone based primer. Hides pores and leaves a smooth finish so your foundation applies nicely. Purchased a small travel size and really enjoyed it. I found a similar produce that mixes better with my BB cream and foundations so now I use that but I would try this again in the future. Nice moisturizer substitute in the summer!
Donna G.
I switch between multiple primers, and this is my favorite for long lasting looks. Whenever I want to do a fuller makeup look, I use this first. The only drawback is that it is on the pricey side, but I think it's worth the cost. It's a little thicker than some other formulas, but you don't need as much to get the job done.
Meredith N.
Greensboro, NC
I didn't see much of a difference in the longevity of my makeup after using this product, so I don't think it's great if you need your makeup to stay put. However, it makes your skin feel nice and gives an extra dose of hydration, so if you're just looking for a smooth canvas to apply makeup, you might like this product.
Dana M.
Why should I choose this primer over others? Is it worth it or not?
Amethyst C.
Daly City, CA
I have dry skin on my cheeks and my forehead, would this primer be good for my dry patches?
Lori Z.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
i've been looking for a hydrating primer that works well, i have dry skin around my nose and whenever i put on foundation after my moisturizer the skin is always flakey and stands out. does this do the trick?
Joy C.
Santa Ana, CA
How does this product feel on your skin? Does it feel cakey or oily?
Kaitlyn G.
Tabernacle, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm wondering if this primer would be good for my skin. I have super dry skin that peels a lot. I have a feeling it is rosacea but I haven't confirmed it yet. I have learned to control my outbreaks but some stuff makes my skin super red and irritated. Thanks! And also would I put this on before I put my foundation on?