BY SMASHBOX

The secret to a healthier and younger looking skin? Hydration, as any artist of photographic studios would tell you! The latest addition to our legendary primer family moisturizes your skin instantly and keeps you hydrated for hours, thanks to Hydraplex, an extract derived from desert plants.

• Oil-free and lightweight
  • Helps fill thin lines and pores

• Where can I get this primer at?5 Answers
  • Is this good for acne prone skin ?1 Answers
  • Just wondering how well this works with dry skin? I’ve tr...2 Answers
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
  • "is my first time using it, good for oily and acne skin, it give a natural and shiny finish to your makeup, great for start your makeup routine. and the part of hydrating it really makes it, it give you a soft texture later you apply.  probably i will buy it again." in 70 reviews
  • "By using a small pea sized amount of this primer on my skin after moisturising, it helps to keep my skin looking and feeling more hydrated." in 5 reviews
  • "This primer is great because it adds extra moisture to my skin, and without it I find that my foundation applies patchy and kind of cakey, because with my skin type even after exfoliation I'm going to have dry patches." in 5 reviews
Jessica H.
Palo Alto
Purchased at: Sephora
I have dry skin so this primer is everything for me. I’m so sad they discontinued this specific one but I have back ups still and will continue to use. So nourishing and makes my foundation last all day.
Peyton C.
Troy
I have extremely dry skin and this is one of my favorite primers to use during the winter time! It hydrates your skin while giving you a smooth flawless airbrushed look!
Kajsa L.
Beverly, MA
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer is the BEST. I use this every day before applying my Fenty Foundation. It has amazing coverage and goes on so smooth! I love how the color is blue like the ocean. Only set back is the smell. It smells off-putting. Unusual for Smashbox products!

💕💙 Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
Megan R.
This is probably to this day my favorite primer that I’ve ever used. If one of your problems is dry skin. Good skin care is step one but also adding a good hydrating primer helps even more!!! Not only does it make your foundation look smooth but it will help the foundation not to emphasize your dry areas. It makes your skin look like you don’t have issues with dryness.
Shannon F.
Tolleson
Purchased at: ULTA
Ideal for the dry climate of the winter and keeps my skin from perpetually drying out throughout the day. The foundation is locked into place all day as well! Would highly recommend for all my dry skin people!
Ashley C.
Charleston , SC
I think just about everyone’s tried this primer and after they do they usually keep it around. My face is very dry especially in the winter and this product is my go to. It makes my foundation look so much better and last longer. Like most makeup it has a kind of high price but it lasts for a long time so no complaints here.
As a hydrating primer this is nice. It doesn’t really increase the wear time of your makeup but I don’t believe this product claims to do that. This does moisturize your face. The formula isn’t thick and doesn’t feel like silicone. It’s almost cooling as your apply it and leaves your face slightly tacky, as a primer should. It’s a nice primer but it isn’t anything game changing.
Sarah R.
Dudley
If you have dry skin you need this in your life!! One of my friends gave this primer to me and it’s changed my makeup. It packs a punch of hydration that my skin needs and it shows. My foundation looks so much more natural and it helps the foundation sink into my skin. I love it!!
Katie P.
Redlands, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
I tried using this primer thinking it was going to be better for my oily skin since the original formula did nothing for me at all. It goes on a lot smoother and it's definitely better for those with very oily skin, but I still recommend trying Tatcha Silk Canvas or Urban Decay Optical Illusion primer.
Amber D.
Atlanta, GA
If you have dry skin, this is an okay primer. IT holds the makeup for quite a long time giving you a day without much need for touch up. I wouldn't say that this is so hydrating I could skip moisturizer though. It just won't dry you out by using it.
Dana M.
Why should I choose this primer over others? Is it worth it or not?
Amethyst C.
Daly City, CA
I have dry skin on my cheeks and my forehead, would this primer be good for my dry patches?
Jasmine H.
Tomball, TX
Where can I get this primer at?
Lori Z.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
i've been looking for a hydrating primer that works well, i have dry skin around my nose and whenever i put on foundation after my moisturizer the skin is always flakey and stands out. does this do the trick?
Joy C.
Santa Ana, CA
How does this product feel on your skin? Does it feel cakey or oily?