BY SMASHBOX

The secret to a healthier and younger looking skin? Hydration, as any artist of photographic studios would tell you! The latest addition to our legendary primer family moisturizes your skin instantly and keeps you hydrated for hours, thanks to Hydraplex, an extract derived from desert plants.

• Oil-free and lightweight
  • Helps fill thin lines and pores

• Where can I get this primer at?5 Answers
  • Is this good for acne prone skin ?1 Answers
  • Just wondering how well this works with dry skin? I’ve tr...2 Answers
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
  • "is my first time using it, good for oily and acne skin, it give a natural and shiny finish to your makeup, great for start your makeup routine. and the part of hydrating it really makes it, it give you a soft texture later you apply.  probably i will buy it again." in 70 reviews
  • "By using a small pea sized amount of this primer on my skin after moisturising, it helps to keep my skin looking and feeling more hydrated." in 5 reviews
  • "This primer is great because it adds extra moisture to my skin, and without it I find that my foundation applies patchy and kind of cakey, because with my skin type even after exfoliation I'm going to have dry patches." in 5 reviews
Mariah L.
Fayetteville, NC
Purchased at: ULTA
This primer is good if you have normal to dry skin! It helps keep make up on your skin looking smooth and beautiful! Especially if you have dry patches. If your just getting into make up or using primers I would definitely suggest this one if you have dry skin!
Tyanna T.
West haven, CT
Purchased at: ULTA
This face primer is so hydrating. I love to use this primer in the winter because my skin get so dry and kind of flaky so when using this primer I know it will hydrate and moisturize my face before I apply my makeup.
Leah F.
Springfield, MA
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer leaves my skin feeling very smooth and velvety , i don’t think it makes me feel very much hydrated but it is nice before foundation but I feel as though it starts peeling almost after rubbing in to much .
Nicole W.
REDONDO BEACH, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
LOVE!!! This formula leaves my skin feeling refreshed and looking soft and dewy!! First thing in the morning, this primer is like morning coffee.... it kickstarts my makeup routine and wakes my skin up!!
Kim B.
Lehigh Acres, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
This is a great primer for dry skin. A good and inexpensive alternative is the Maybelline FaceStudio® Master Prime Primer. I would consider them to be extremely similar.
Kajsa L.
Beverly, MA
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer is the BEST. I use this every day before applying my Fenty Foundation. It has amazing coverage and goes on so smooth! I love how the color is blue like the ocean. Only set back is the smell. It smells off-putting. Unusual for Smashbox products!

💕💙 Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
Megan R.
This is probably to this day my favorite primer that I’ve ever used. If one of your problems is dry skin. Good skin care is step one but also adding a good hydrating primer helps even more!!! Not only does it make your foundation look smooth but it will help the foundation not to emphasize your dry areas. It makes your skin look like you don’t have issues with dryness.
Ashley C.
Charleston , SC
I think just about everyone’s tried this primer and after they do they usually keep it around. My face is very dry especially in the winter and this product is my go to. It makes my foundation look so much better and last longer. Like most makeup it has a kind of high price but it lasts for a long time so no complaints here.
As a hydrating primer this is nice. It doesn’t really increase the wear time of your makeup but I don’t believe this product claims to do that. This does moisturize your face. The formula isn’t thick and doesn’t feel like silicone. It’s almost cooling as your apply it and leaves your face slightly tacky, as a primer should. It’s a nice primer but it isn’t anything game changing.
Sarah R.
Dudley
If you have dry skin you need this in your life!! One of my friends gave this primer to me and it’s changed my makeup. It packs a punch of hydration that my skin needs and it shows. My foundation looks so much more natural and it helps the foundation sink into my skin. I love it!!
Dana M.
Why should I choose this primer over others? Is it worth it or not?
Amethyst C.
Daly City, CA
I have dry skin on my cheeks and my forehead, would this primer be good for my dry patches?
Jasmine H.
Tomball, TX
Where can I get this primer at?
Lori Z.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
i've been looking for a hydrating primer that works well, i have dry skin around my nose and whenever i put on foundation after my moisturizer the skin is always flakey and stands out. does this do the trick?
Joy C.
Santa Ana, CA
How does this product feel on your skin? Does it feel cakey or oily?