BY SMASHBOX

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

The secret to a healthier and younger looking skin? Hydration, as any artist of photographic studios would tell you! The latest addition to our legendary primer family moisturizes your skin instantly and keeps you hydrated for hours, thanks to Hydraplex, an extract derived from desert plants.

• Oil-free and lightweight
  • Helps fill thin lines and pores

Buy on Sephora
  • "is my first time using it, good for oily and acne skin, it give a natural and shiny finish to your makeup, great for start your makeup routine. and the part of hydrating it really makes it, it give you a soft texture later you apply.  probably i will buy it again." in 70 reviews
  • "By using a small pea sized amount of this primer on my skin after moisturising, it helps to keep my skin looking and feeling more hydrated." in 5 reviews
  • "This primer is great because it adds extra moisture to my skin, and without it I find that my foundation applies patchy and kind of cakey, because with my skin type even after exfoliation I'm going to have dry patches." in 5 reviews
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
If you have dry to extremely dry skin, this is perfect for you. It hydrates (but not enough to skip out on moisturizer) and keeps your make up last longer. If you have normal skin this can help give you a slightly dewy finish.

Not recommended if you have oily skin. My friends who used this when they had oily skin said they look like a grease ball.
Kajsa L.
Rockport, MA
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer is the BEST. I use this every day before applying my Fenty Foundation. It has amazing coverage and goes on so smooth! I love how the color is blue like the ocean. Only set back is the smell. It smells off-putting. Unusual for Smashbox products!

💕💙 Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
Sage H.
Brookline, MA
I love this primer! It melts into my skin without leaving a residue & it actually hydrates! I have sensitive skin & this primer is perfect for daily use regardless of the event. This is perfect for a long day out when you won't have time to retouch, this will make your makeup last longer. When paired with a setting powder or spray, your makeup will not budge & while still being hydrated!
Ashley C.
Charleston , SC
I think just about everyone’s tried this primer and after they do they usually keep it around. My face is very dry especially in the winter and this product is my go to. It makes my foundation look so much better and last longer. Like most makeup it has a kind of high price but it lasts for a long time so no complaints here.
Sarah R.
Dudley
If you have dry skin you need this in your life!! One of my friends gave this primer to me and it’s changed my makeup. It packs a punch of hydration that my skin needs and it shows. My foundation looks so much more natural and it helps the foundation sink into my skin. I love it!!
Hannah F.
Harrington, DE
This hydrating primer is great. I use it in the winter when my skin tends to dry out due to exposure from the cold. It keeps my skin from peeling and flaking and I love it. I recommend smashbox primers to anyone who has never tried them.
Becca M.
New Orleans, LA
I have super dry skin so this is great for me! I recommend applying it and then waiting about 10 minutes so it can soak into your skin before applying foundation. Use a setting spray after and you’re good to go with a dewy look!
Gabi S.
Atlanta
Wow I’m so sad I just ran out of this amazing primer after using it for 5 years!!!!! I have extremely oily skin on my forehead and then dry everywhere else, it works great and keeps my makeup on for the rest of the day. After I ran out I bought a new primer by elf and hated it, so maybe I will go back to this gem. It’s pretty expensive for how little the packaging is but it does last a fairly long time if you don’t expect to use it everyday
Britain M.
Definitely one of my top 5 favorite primers ever. I have combination oily skin with cystic acne. And this primer is one of the few that hold my foundation together throughout the day while keeping moisture on my face. I also love this primer because if Im feeling extra dry and flaky it instantly boosts my skin with hydration! Love love love!
Tommara A.
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer - The baby blue hydrating primer feels like melted butter on dry skin . I mean it really sink into the skin giving a slightly dewy skin which is so refresh on skin as dry as mine . I’ve also used this product on clients of all skin types, it works just as well . A ++ Smashbox
Dana M.
Why should I choose this primer over others? Is it worth it or not?
Amethyst C.
Daly City, CA
I have dry skin on my cheeks and my forehead, would this primer be good for my dry patches?
Lori Z.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
i've been looking for a hydrating primer that works well, i have dry skin around my nose and whenever i put on foundation after my moisturizer the skin is always flakey and stands out. does this do the trick?
Jasmine H.
Where can I get this primer at?
Joy C.
Santa Ana, CA
How does this product feel on your skin? Does it feel cakey or oily?

back