BY SMASHBOX #4 in Face Primer

WHAT IT IS:

A translucent primer gel that smoothes skin and blurs flaws. It was developed to help makeup look better and last longer on set.

WHAT IT DOES:

• Makeup lasts hours & hours

• Fills in fine lines and pores instantly

• Glides on to give you a flawless finish

• Lightweight and oil-free

•  Antioxidants vitamins A, E + peptides protect skin from environmental pollutants, damage & stress

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:

The first product ever created at Smashbox Photo Studios L.A., the Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer is ideal for all skin types and has been a bestseller for over 15 years.

This product is cruelty-free and formulated without parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl suflate, fragrance, and talc.

SUGGESTED USAGE:

1. Smooth a layer over clean, moisurized skin.

2. Let it set for 15 seconds.

Studio Tip: Wear alone or under makeup! Can also be used over makeup for touchups.

• Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer What are your must haves f...1 Answers
  • Any drugstore primer comparable to this primer?6 Answers
  • Smashbox Is known for their primers. Is the hype worth the purchase?7 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I naturally have oily skin but primers should help with that, instead it made it more oily." in 1 review
  • "It's expensive, so I'm not sure I will go for it for every day, but I might save up some Ipsy points!" in 1 review
  • "This is so worth your money, it last for a long time and makes your skin look so even! " in 1 review
  • "Keeps face matte and oil free for long time." in 1 review
Samantha P.
Samantha P.
Churchville, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm still on the fence with this product. I tried a sample size and loved it so much that I squeezed the life out of the rest of the bottle and couldn't run fast enough to buy the full size. I get the full size, go home to use it, and it's completely separated, and just an oily, greasy mess. I returned it thinking I just got one that was sitting on the shelf for too long and picked out another one. This one was almost similar so I actually put it in the refrigerator just trying to bring some life back to it, I was just desperate to make it work. It seemed to work and the consistency was back to normal and I used it for a week or two. I don't know why but I just eventually stopped using it. I still felt like it was a little too greasy for my skin and made me breakout. I'm on the fence about this product because I'm not sure if it was the product itself, or just the Sephora that I purchased it from. Maybe it was nearing its expiration date, because the sample size I had was phenomenal and I fell in love. My skin has been seeing better days recently so I have been a little afraid to use it for fear or damaging my skin again. But I think I may try again and see how it goes. Maybe in the future I will try to repurchase elsewhere.
Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.
Cape Coral, FL
Whenever I would watch makeup tutorial videos I always heard of the 'Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer' being praised for how well it covered pores, stayed matte, and made your foundation last all night. Excited by all the hype, I drove straight over to my local Sephora and picked one up for myself. However, I was extremely disappointed with the results. I naturally have a combination of dry and oily skin. The Smashbox primer felt very thick on my face and was very uncomfortable. Not only that, but after it dried it did matte my face, however while doing so it also dried out my skin and made it very irritable. After a few hours of wear, my oil was glistening through. This product did not work for me, but I feel that it would be great for anyone without combination skin! I personally would not purchase 'Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer' again, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it! Just try a small sample size first before spending the big money and getting an entire bottle like i did!
Beatrice H.
Beatrice H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was so excited for this primer but it just has never worked for me. I have combination skin and I also have sensitive skin and it breaks me out every time I use it. Another thing is this is a horrible primer to use on combination to oily skin, it will leave you looking like a grease ball. The lady at Sephora told me about the Light version for oily skin so I purchased that as well and I tried it out for awhile and it made my skin dry out under my foundation. I thought it was just the foundation so I would switch my foundations up but it still wasn't making a difference. I did purchase both of the color correcting primers (green: to cancel out my redness, and apricot: to hind my dark spots) and they've both broke my skin out as well. Along with making it oily.. I use to think it was the foundation doing it, but I separated the two and tried them on their own and that's how I found out it was these primers. (Keep in mind: What doesn't work for me might work for you though.)
Felix F.
Felix F.
Northglenn , CO
I have tried many primers over the years and this is definitely the best! It feels like silk on your skin and glides on really easily, and doesn't feel tacky or drying on skin. As its clear it doesn't alter the colour of your skin so won't interfere with the shade of your make up either.My skin feels super smooth when I use this primer and my make up went on perfect on top of it. I have combination skin so I usually find I have dry and oily areas which show up with heavier make up but I have no such problems when using this primer.My make up lasted all day and did not slide of my face a few hours after application like it usually does!It comes in a tube rather than a pump container which also means there is less waste of the product which I like.This will now be permanent fixture in my make up bag, I love it!
Alicia S.
Alicia S.
San Mateo, CA
I initially got a sample of this from Macy's and wasn't sure what to think when I initially opened it. The texture was so unlike other primers that I tried in the past. This turned out to be a good thing! The texture made this primer really easy to apply and blend into my skin.

It also seriously helps my makeup stay put! Not only does my makeup still look at the end of a long day at work, but I've already gone a full two days with the same face of makeup. I had a cross-country red eye flight and you could not even tell because my makeup didn't look greasy or cakey at all!

The only downside is the price. I wish it were a bit cheaper, especially if I plan on using it daily. When I'm finished with my current tube, I'm considering maybe using this only on special occasions where I need the longer last.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Wanted to love this product due to the hype but I just couldn't do it. When I was using it, it lifted my foundation and made it cake up. I knew it was this product because it was the only new thing I was using in my routine. After seeing so much hype about this product on a number of social media outlets I caved in trying it but just wasn't pleased with it. I have combo skin that is extremely sensitive and gets irritated fairly easy. I also get acne from a lot of products, which makes changing my routine difficult. I tried it with my Kat Von D Lock It foundation and it slid right off of it, however tried it with my Maybelline Fit Me! and it caked it up after around 20 minutes. The next day I woke up with texture and pimples starting to form. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.
Laura O.
Laura O.
Hello I really like this primer. The first one I EVER TRIED until just a few weeks ago. I recieved in my ipsy bag a long time ago. It lasted me forever! And it was a tiny tube that i got. Lol Anyway it works very well, goes on super smooth. I wish It did work better for the price but it works fine. It makes you feel like you're rubbing liquid velvet on your face! I usually put it on aNd let it absorb a bit into the skin b4 i start the makeup, but ive also used make up right after applying as well, but i prefer waiting a minUte or 2 although its not needed. I recommend this to anyone curious about a primer. It does the job. Good Luck and hope this helps! Also, ive even used it as a hand moisturizer cuz its soooo soft!! Lol and it worked wonderfully. Lol
Lisa E.
Lisa E.
Mcminnville, OR
Review for: Original
Although I have not tried many primers, after trying Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Photo Finish Camera Ready and Primer water I am hooked on Smashbox primers. These al go on light, and really do keep make up on for along time. Even with aged faded freckles I always have to refresh make up after just a few hours, in trying to find something that would stay on longer for my daughters up coming wedding for photos I decided to try these after being recommended by another daughter. They really do keep you looking fresh for hours and well worth the price. I would recommend these products and this brand to anyone looking for all day make-up under protection, goes on light silky smooth with no greasy feel. Pleasant scent.
Kayla C.
Kayla C.
Queen Creek, AZ
I received this primer as a sample when I first started really getting into make up. It made my foundation look ten times better. I had to immediately go out and get it, even though I wasn't finished with the primer I was using. Since it's a silicone base it fills in any dents or imperfections on your skin to create a smooth canvas for your foundation. I have very sensitive skin and I didn't find that this broke me out at all. When comparing to other high end brands, the product isn't overall expensive. The reason for four stars is because it doesn't work with all of my foundations. I have dry skin so I try to skin to water based products. Unfortunately the silicone base of this product doesn't work well with those.
payton a.
payton a.
Old Town, ME
Very rarely do I find that primers actually help the longevity of my makeup. I get rather oily throughout the day, especially around my nose and my makeup usually fades around my jaw after a few hours. But with this, my makeup lasts for up to 10 hours at a time without fading or melting. It fills in my pores without clogging them and makes me look airbrushed. There are only two downsides to this product, the first being the price. I am not someone who can go out and spend this kind of money all the time, I usually stick to the drugstore. The other downside is a very personal preference, and it's that it has a very silicone texture which I really don't like at all, but the product is so good I put up with it
Kristine N.
Kristine N.
Orange County
Is it sticky
Erika H.
Erika H.
Palmdale
How can I get a free sample?
Tammy W.
Tammy W.
Rock Hill, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have oily tones. Would this help with oiliness and smaller pores?
Maria M.
Maria M.
Hillsboro
I've heard this is a great high end primer for those who have oily skin. I want to try it out soon, should I?
Jenn W.
Jenn W.
York, Pa
Does this get applied to the entire face? Why not just use a BB Cream?