Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation PrimerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY SMASHBOX #3 in Face Primer

Description A transparent primer gel in a travel-size tube that smoothes skin and blurs flaws. It was developed to help makeup look better and last longer on set. Benefits • Makeup lasts hours & hours • Fills in fine lines & pores instantly • Glides on to give you a flawless finish • Lightweight & oil-free • Protects skin from environmental pollutants, damage & stress with antioxidants vitamin A, E and peptides • Ideal for all skin types • Cruelty-free In a consumer study on 103 women after 1 week of use: - 93% saw blurred imperfections - 93% saw smoother skin - 91% saw minimized pores & lines - 95% said it helped makeup go on flawlessly - 94% said it worked well with their skin tone - 94% agreed foundation blended more easily More Details The first product developed at Smashbox Photo Studios L.A., Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer has been a makeup artist must-have for more than 15 years. It’s still their #1-bestseller. How To Use • Smooth a layer over clean, moisturized skin. • Let it set for 15 seconds. • Wear alone or under makeup. • Can also be used over makeup for touchups. Studio tip: Try it in your hair to tame frizzies. Formulated without Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Phthalates, Oil, Fragrance & Talc. INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE , DIMETHICONE , DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER , TRISILOXANE , SILICA , DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER , ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE , RETINYL PALMITATE , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE , CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT , PROPYLENE GLYCOL , WATER\AQUA\EAU , VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT , COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) SEED EXTRACT , CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients. see more...

• Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer What are your must haves...1 Answers
  • What do you all think about this Smashbox Photo Finish Foundatio...5 Answers
  • Smashbox Is known for their primers. Is the hype worth the purchase?10 Answers
Q&A (1954)
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I naturally have oily skin but primers should help with that, instead it made it more oily." in 1 review
  • "It's expensive, so I'm not sure I will go for it for every day, but I might save up some Ipsy points!" in 1 review
  • "This is so worth your money, it last for a long time and makes your skin look so even! " in 1 review
  • "Keeps face matte and oil free for long time." in 1 review
mai m.
Meh. I think since this was one of the first major primers that was raved about back when it first launched, years ago, it tends to STILL be known as this iconic, hyped up product. And yes, for its time, it was a really great option for a primer. I remember using this when I first got into makeup, and I loved it. It really does blur out your pores and gives you a more even canvas to work with. But now, looking back, it was way too thick for my skin, and when I had dry patches, it emphasized them. That's just my personal experience. Not sure if it really elongated the wear-time of my makeup. I think I just applied it because I wanted to be cool and use a primer like all the beauty bloggers lol. Nowadays, I prefer a primer with a tackier, more hydrated finish, and this one doesn't give me that.
Esme M.
Este es el mejor primer que he probado hasta ahora, este producto funciona muy bien para my piel mixta, no es necesario que lo uses en toda tu cara pero realmente minimiza tus poros en gran cantidad, hace que mi maquillaje dure bastante, creo que este producto realmente vale la pena tenerlo en tu vida por que realmente trabaja muy bien , es un poco caro pero vale cada centavo. //This is the best primer I have tried so far, this product works very well for my mixed skin, it is not necessary to use it on your entire face but it really minimizes your pores in great quantity and makes my makeup last long , I think this product is really worth having in your life because it really works very well, it's a bit expensive but it's worth every penny.
Sarah 🙎.
Laurel
This thing was expensive when I bought it in 2015. I bought it because it was popular among beauty bloggers and on various YouTube reviews. It does help hide pores. My skin looked super even. It's great for "mattifying" oily skin. Mine gets really bad around my T-zone. It's weightless and when you put it on. I think, however, that my skin is almost SO oily that this makes little difference in comparison to some primers you can get from Neutrogena and NYX. I did still like it just as much. But personally, I think that I can skip the expensive stuff if comparable products work just as well. Also, I have acne-prone skin. It seemed gentle and didn't irritate anything.
carla l.
Salem, OR
I know that there are very polarizing views on this primer, but I'm one of the people who absolutely LOVES it.  I've tried so many primers and for some reason this one just works for me.  I hardly need to use any to cover my entire face and I love how well it subtly blurs out some of my texture and makes my makeup apply incredibly smoothly.  Everything stays put on my face for an admirable amount of wear time and although it seems that some reviewers find that the primer makes their face feel oily, I don't seem to have that issue as a general rule.  This, for me, is just a really solid product and I'm still looking for a less expensive dupe that I like as well!
Kaleb F.
Boston
There are so many good things to say about this primer! I love how it settles into my skin pretty quickly and really offers a softness that is immediately visible. It offers a perfect canvas onto which I can apply my foundation.

This stuff really seems to minimize how much my pores are highlighted by foundation and prevents the foundation from really settling into my pores, especially along my nose and in my T-zone.

This is a velvety soft, smooth, easy to apply and and hardworking foundation primer. It is worth the hype and I think everyone should try this and see if it works for them as amazingly as it has worked for me.
Payton J.
el paso, TX
I tried this primer because I kept hearing everyone talk about how great it is. So instead of buying my own, I borrowed my stepmom's and I wasn't too pleased.  I have combination skin. When I was applying it, It just felt thick on my face and within like two hours my forehead starts getting oily, and it didn't seem like it was holding my makeup in place very well. I'm not into the dewy shiny look so I wasn't really into it, I'm so glad I didn't buy it! I think this primer is best for someone with dry skin, not oily. For combination skin, it might be a hit or miss.
Alicia N.
Rutland, VT
This primer is one of my favorites! The first time I used it I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, I have very dry, acne prone sensitive skin and at first I was fearful it would leave my face feeling greasy or shiny, but it doesn't. It hides my pores well, and holds my makeup in place all day. I deducted one star for the price, I have been using something very similar for less than half the price of this.
Haile M.
I love this primer because not only is it light weight it allows powers or even liquid to glide smoothly over the skin for an even coat that allow your makeup to last longer than it would on its own. It also helps prevent that caked look when using powers which is a nice thing to have in your corner. It’s on the expensive side of things, but again you can use very little of it and it goes a long way. I would recommend this product to everyone. And you never had to worry about it showing up in your pictures which is another important thing.
Stacy D.
Currently my favorite primer.  Great to soak up any oil on my face, leaving a nice matte finish.  I use this for a no makeup day and it blurs fine lines and minimizes pores.  I use a little powder over the top and I'm good to go.  I do make sure that any skincare products I apply first have had enough time to soak in before applying this primer.  Otherwise you will have the dreaded piling up of product and that it just gross.  I think people that have the issue of this piling up may need to consider waiting a bit longer before applying or using a less moisturizing product before applying the primer.  My skin is also silky smooth after using this, which I kinda love.  Price wise it's a bit expensive for what it is, but I get such great results that I'm willing to live with it.
Sheela V.
The ICONIC primer.  This one wasn't so bad. I can't remember much details about this one, only how it performed. It was used with Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation. I saw a slight dewy sheen after 2 hours and the oil started coming through around 6 hours but it looked like a natural shine it wasn't gross or anything. I think if it was used with a more matte foundation results might have been better. It holds up well enough against oil even though it doesn't make any oil control claims but I wouldn't repurchase this.
Kristine N.
Orange County
Is it sticky
Erika H.
Palmdale
How can I get a free sample?
Tammy W.
Rock Hill, SC
I have oily tones. Would this help with oiliness and smaller pores?
Maria M.
Hillsboro
I've heard this is a great high end primer for those who have oily skin. I want to try it out soon, should I?
Jenn W.
York, Pa
Does this get applied to the entire face? Why not just use a BB Cream?