Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation PrimerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY SMASHBOX #6 in Face Primer

This clear face primer gel smoothes skin and blurs flaws. It was developed to help makeup look better and last longer on set.

We recently gave Photo Finish Foundation Primer a makeover. It’s your same favorite formula now with a fresh new look.

Tips:

Try it in your hair to tame frizzies.

Benefits:

• Makeup lasts hours & hours
  • Fills in fine lines & pores instantly
  • Glides on to give you a flawless finish
  • Protects skin from environmental pollutants, damage & stress with antioxidants vitamin A, E + peptides
  • Lightweight and oil-free
  • Ideal for all skin types
  • Cruelty-free
  • Vegan

Usage:

• Smooth a layer over clean, moisturized skin.
  • Let it set for 15 seconds.
  • Wear alone or under makeup.
  • Can also be used over makeup for touchups.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Water\Aqua\Eau, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol

• Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer What are your must haves...2 Answers
  • Is this primer worth buying and how does it feel on the skin?4 Answers
  • What do you all think about this Smashbox Photo Finish Foundatio...5 Answers
Q&A (1974)
Buy on Sephora*
  • "the consistency of this product is absolutely amazing and is glides on like a dream. this really did smooth out my skin and it made my makeup look flawless. this product is great for oily skin, and is you want a flawless look" in 3362 reviews
  • "Keeps face matte and oil free for long time." in 1 review
  • "This is so worth your money, it last for a long time and makes your skin look so even! " in 1 review
  • "It's expensive, so I'm not sure I will go for it for every day, but I might save up some Ipsy points!" in 1 review
Ashton L.
Livingston, AL
I bought this in a sample pack with other Smashbox primers. I had previously heard so many great things about this product so I was pretty excited to try it out. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone and dry skin everywhere else. I was hoping it would help control my oil without enhancing my drier areas. However, that wasn't the case. It looked great the first hour or two after application, then I could start telling a difference. My make-up would start caking up on my face which it didn't do with other primers. It also started to make my face look drier than it was. It was giving my face a sort-of "cracked" look because of how it set on my skin. Even my usually oily spots looked dry. I also didn't like the way the product sat on my face. It didn't seem to absorb into my skin at all, just sit on top. Also, when I used this my makeup would wipe right off..which didn't happen with other primers. Even with all of that, I decided to give it another try with Smashbox foundation..but I still had the same problems. Overall, I was very disappointed.
Michelle L.
I tried a sample of this primer and I wasn't totally impressed. I have oily skin, some large pores, and fine/smile lines. It smoothed out my face and made foundation application easier, but I didn't like the silicone-y feel to it and the way it sat on my skin. I feel like it sort of enhanced some dry spots in weird areas of my face. I was hoping that it would keep my from getting oily throughout the day and it didn't do the best job with that. I've definitely tried other drugstore primers that did a better job keeping oil at bay. I also occasionally felt like this was clogging some of my pores and I would get the occasional breakout after wearing this. Overall, it was alright a few hours after application, but my makeup didn't look so great at the end of the day and I wasn't super impressed. I probably would not pay the full price for this.
Sarah L.
Deerfield, IL
This is my go to primer if I’m going to be out all night. There’s no sun protection in this primer so be sure to use spf separately... I suggest Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 for your face. It’s more expensive, but this primer lives up to the hype. It doesn’t settle in to pores and keeps foundation looking great. I guess my only concern is that after a few hours of wear, if I touch my face, my foundation comes right off! I don’t understand what that’s about.
carla l.
salem, OR
I know that there are very polarizing views on this primer, but I'm one of the people who absolutely LOVES it.  I've tried so many primers and for some reason this one just works for me.  I hardly need to use any to cover my entire face and I love how well it subtly blurs out some of my texture and makes my makeup apply incredibly smoothly.  Everything stays put on my face for an admirable amount of wear time and although it seems that some reviewers find that the primer makes their face feel oily, I don't seem to have that issue as a general rule.  This, for me, is just a really solid product and I'm still looking for a less expensive dupe that I like as well!
Viktoria R.
Jacksonville
Smashbox's Photo Finish Primerizer might sound like a unique concept—a moisturizer and primer in one—though the fact is that many moisturizers serve well as primers, and plenty of primers are moisturizing, as well. Still, this is a worthy product with a lot to love if you have normal to dry skin.Though this isn't a powerhouse skincare product, it does deliver hydration as claimed, thanks to ingredients like skin-restoring niacinamide plus hydrating hydroxyethyl urea and sodium hyaluronate.This primer has a little extra going for it than simply making makeup look better, but it's close to just being a moisturizer that happens to help makeup last longer.
Lily A.
Los Angeles
It's interesting because sometimes it enhances my makeup but other times, I feel that my makeup goes on better without it. I think this may have something to do with irregularities in my skin ph or my lifestyle that's causing the healthiness of my skin to fluctuate. I actually didn't purchase the full size, but in fact bought the Smashbox primer set, which includes the travel size version of this. I've had it for over a year and there's still a lot of product left. I've found that I only need to apply the product to my t-zone and nose areas where it is potentially the oiliest and hosts the most noticeable pores and so end up saving a lot of this product. I think the one time that convinced me the usefulness of this product was when my skin was shedding because of the change in weather. I applied the product to the areas where little bits of skin were peeling off and the primer covered everything up immediately.
Stacy D.
Currently my favorite primer.  Great to soak up any oil on my face, leaving a nice matte finish.  I use this for a no makeup day and it blurs fine lines and minimizes pores.  I use a little powder over the top and I'm good to go.  I do make sure that any skincare products I apply first have had enough time to soak in before applying this primer.  Otherwise you will have the dreaded piling up of product and that it just gross.  I think people that have the issue of this piling up may need to consider waiting a bit longer before applying or using a less moisturizing product before applying the primer.  My skin is also silky smooth after using this, which I kinda love.  Price wise it's a bit expensive for what it is, but I get such great results that I'm willing to live with it.
Kajsa L.
Rockport, MA
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is absolutely golden. I was introduced to Smashbox at my local Sephora and it is a go to brand for my skin. It has a matte finish and the application is silky smooth. I have been purchasing this primer for over 3 years now. I have a large and a mini, one for my makeup stand and one for my car just in case I am on the go and need to apply some makeup last minute. It totally minimizes my pores and helps my concealer actually stay on my skin!! Highly recommend this primer! :)

Haile M.
I love this primer because not only is it light weight it allows powers or even liquid to glide smoothly over the skin for an even coat that allow your makeup to last longer than it would on its own. It also helps prevent that caked look when using powers which is a nice thing to have in your corner. It’s on the expensive side of things, but again you can use very little of it and it goes a long way. I would recommend this product to everyone. And you never had to worry about it showing up in your pictures which is another important thing.
Corinne Z.
Cincinnati , OH
This is my go to primer. I do own others but they pretty much just sit on the back burner when it comes to using this one. I usr this with every look it doesn't matter. I look how you can literally feel how smooth your face gets and how when you do put product on top of it you cannot see pores at all. This is my favorite I recommend it to everyone. If you are not sure then go into Sephora and ask for a sample I have told many friends to do that and they are all now hooked! If you want that flawless look this is defiantly for you.
Kristine N.
Orange County
Is it sticky
Erika H.
Palmdale
How can I get a free sample?
Tammy W.
Rock Hill, SC
I have oily tones. Would this help with oiliness and smaller pores?
Maria M.
Hillsboro
I've heard this is a great high end primer for those who have oily skin. I want to try it out soon, should I?
Jenn W.
York, Pa
Does this get applied to the entire face? Why not just use a BB Cream?