BY SMASHBOX

Color correcting, wrinkle reducing, and dark spot defying - talk about a miracle product. see more...

Angel P.
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
I bought this at Sephora after reading several positive reviews of how well this primer counteracts redness, and after having great experiences using other Smashbox products. My first impression when I applied a small amount to my flushed cheek areas was that it went on very thin and almost greasy feeling, but it did immediately neutralize the redness significantly, so I was excited to see how the rest of the day would shake out after applying the rest of my usual makeup products and heading to work. Within a few hours, I began to feel and see my skin reacting negatively, in the form of several small raised red itchy and painful blemish-like spots where I'd applied the primer. I wasn't in a situation of being able to wash it off and start over by this point since I was still looking at another 5 hours at work, so by the time I was home and could finally remove my makeup the discomfort was pretty bad. To be fair, I do have sensitive/dry skin that reacts (very rarely) to some ingredients, but I've never had any problems with any Smashbox products before this experience. Their Smashbox 24-Hour Shadow Primer is one of my favorite cosmetic products of all time. This was really disappointing, and has made me less brave about just buying a full size product from any brand without first taking a sample home to try so that I don't ever encounter a day as miserable as that day. I am giving this two stars anyway because of the redness reduction it did show at first when I applied it, and because maybe if your skin is not sensitive this will be a better product for you. I truly love the Smashbox brand, but I've never had a reaction so severe as I did to this.
Skylar H.
Winter Garden, FL
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
I decided to try color correcting for the first time not too long ago. It worked really well for my dark circles under my eyes so I decided to try to correct the redness in my cheeks. After seeing some reviews from a couple of bloggers I purchased this primer. And holy cow am I better for it! I love this primer! Using it has helped reduce the appearance of redness in my face, which even helps me use less foundation!
Olivia S.
North Liberty, IA
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
This is a great multitasking product that color corrects and primes at the same time. I love this even for just leaving the house for a second when I don't want to wear makeup but I want my skin tone to appear more even. My only downfall with this is that it is a silicone primer, which can make my oily areas even oiler. Despite that, it's one of my favorite products for neutralizing redness.
Rachel M.
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
This product really helped hide the redness in my acne. Even before I put concealer/ foundation over it it seemed to help my redness! The formula blends into my skin without a trace of green. It feels like I have no make-up on at all! I would definitely recommend this so anyone who suffers with redness or acne.
Maura Y.
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
This primer is a little too slippery and oily for me. I already have oily skin and this primer makes it feel like its about to break out. I feel like the fact that it's so slippery makes any color correcting properties virtually nonexistent since you only need a tiny bit to spread ALL over your face.
Dani M.
Bellingham, WA
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
i have only used this a few times since i bought it a week ago but it does not seem to reduce redness on my face at all and it was pretty expensve to 40. maybe it just should not be in a primer type of formula? im not sure but it is not working out for my skin type at all. would not purchase again
Jax B.
Indianapolis, IN
Review for: Other
This is a good primer and it does help make up last but it does not do very much for color correcting says it supposed to help with redness I find that it helps very little if any at all I would recommend Smashbox primers but I would not recommend this for color correction.
ALISHA V.
Kailua, HI
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
This primer was okay. Sometimes I get red cheeks and I tried this primer for under my foundation. I didn't really like the feel of it, it made my skin oily and I didn't really make my skin less red. I wouldn't buy it again but I like the other smashbox primers.
Katee T.
Review for: Cosmetics 1Oz
I didn’t like the texture of this product. It didn’t seem to help my makeup stay on either. I hear everyone rave over this so maybe I am using it wrong or something, but I just don’t think it helps my foundation stick or correct the color of my skin either
CIVONE S.
Gresham, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Completely removed my redness and it plays well with primers and foundation's. This product comes in 2 sizes at Sephora. I have tried numerous other companies and none have worked as well as this one. From the texture to ease of use. None have compared
Kimberly O.
Douglas, AZ
Where I can found this at?
Priscilla C.
Trying to decide if I should use something like this. Do you apply it in just the troubled areas or all over your face? Has anyone noticed they don't need as mush concealer when using a primer?
Amanda M.
How good is this product line?
jazzie s.
when do you use this ?
Karrie H.
Bath, IL
Is this product good for oily skin??