Smashbox Cosmetics Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer - Balance

BY SMASHBOX

With a satiny, weightless texture that blends easily with skin Contains antioxidants & vitamins A & E that lessen wrinkles & dark spots Helps correct face color while unifying skin tone Features a green color to reduce redness Preps skin perfectly for... see more...

Ari P.
Eastvale
Purchased at: ULTA
Love this primer once you apply it you will fell the difference on your skin. Super easy to apply and easy to blend. It’s a full coverage and it’s good for combination skin I would totally recommend this
Brenda M.
mission
Purchased at: Sephora
This product is amazing! I usually Buy the green one since I have a lot of redness. Blurred my pores and evened our my skin tone.
Alicia L.
Crestwood , IL
Love smashboxs color correcting primers. Really helps to personalize with all my clients skin types. Goes on smoothly and really melts into the skin. I love this formula. Great for all skin types and foundation sits beautifully on it
Angel S.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love all of the Smashbox products they all seem to work really well and feel really nice on your skin. I have sensitive skin and this did not irritate my skin at all. I would recommend this to others.
Paula J.
I used the green color primer! Love the texture of the primer and it took away my redness
Crystal H.
Like the way it worked but didn’t really need it so I have bought more of it. Is a great product and would recommend.
Ruth N.
Denton
Purchased at: ULTA
I first purchased this primer with a tad bit of skepticism. I use it primarily with either Make Up Forever HD Foundation, Estée Lauder Doublewear Foundation, or Loreal True Match LUMI. It makes your face very soft. It does help keep the foundation on, but not all day. It's about an 8 hour stay. It works best for me with the Make Up Forever Foundation. I wouldn't go out and splurge if you're on a budget or have really dry skin. It definitely has a matte finish and makes me feel dryer than my oily/combination skin usually does. As for the pore reduction, I can't really see where that happens. It's also hard to use a small amount. I find myself squeezing several times to cover my main areas. I feel like you have to use a lot to get results. Overall, it's a good primer, but it's not worth $40+
Kayla S.
Irvine , CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Love this color corrector but it definitely is a little bit pricey which isn’t the best to repurchase
Khadija G.
bd benu tachefine résidence essalam g210 app 31
 I was so excited to try this product! I'm always tempted by green-toned make-up as I struggle with redness on my cheeks and around any blemishes. I have very pale, combination skin.

I always use a primer, as I need my make-up to last all day and stay fresh. Smashbox primers are a cult classic for a reason, they really do their job well. A pea-sized amount applied all over the face helps to create a silky barrier between your skin and your foundation. This means that it doesn't sink into any pores or settle into fine lines, helping to create a blurred and more even effect. DON'T use a huge amount, primer works better if you use a little bit and let it settle before you apply your foundation.

In terms of counteracting redness, this is the perfect first step in your routine if redness is one of your concerns. It's not going to wipe out all the red, but it certainly helps. Team it up with a green concealer on blemishes, an illuminating foundation (Smashbox Liquid Halo is the holy grail of foundations) and a light dusting of powder (yellow-toned powder will counteract redness even more).

Overall I'd say this is a good buy if you want a high-quality primer with skincare benefits (the formula contains vitamin A and E, aloe, lemongrass, soybean oil and orchid complex), as well as something to start off your redness-concealing routine. It's a little pricey but will last you ages if you use the right amount. Give all the Smashbox variants a swatch if you're looking for a primer, with all their variants you'll definitely find the right one for you!
Amanda n.
Timberlea, NS
Love this brand in general there primes are all amazing these are truly a great product covers amazing blends easy able to hide under foumdation a must try for those who havent