Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum

Elevate your beauty routine with a dose of self-care. This omega-rich primer serum has a blend of 5 key ingredients & 5 wellness benefits featuring cannabis sativa hemp seed oil. It helps reduce redness & irritation, moisturizes all day, helps skin feel smoother, preps for makeup & helps balance the skin’s microbiome. Skin looks refreshed & radiant—with or without makeup.

Does this leave you feeling oily??
What is the viscosity of this product? Is it thicker or thinner? Is this like a dry oil or is there any water mixed with? Thank you!!
Interested in trying? Has anyone?
Start your review of Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum!
How would you rate this product?
Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum uploaded by KayLeigh L.
I was a tad skeptical when trying out this oil, mainly because I have trust issues when it comes to a primarily cosmetics-focused brand launching new skincare type products. I was scared the oil would be just that, oily. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only was it not oily at all, but it felt amazing on my skin. I’ve waited a while to post my review in detail because I really wanted to put this one to the test. I’ve incorporated it into my skincare routine AND used it as a primer underneath my make up- to a red carpet event, nonetheless. I have only great things to say. My skin is dry to normal and this was nourishing but not heavy. It is not fragranced (thankfully) but with that being said, it has a heavy, earthy smell from the cannabis oil. I don’t mind it at all, but I suggest asking for a sample before purchasing just to make sure you don’t mind the smell.
Belmont, MI
I picked this up merely because I saw the cbd aspect of it and it intrigued me right away! I was dying to try it so I of course got already to do my whole makeup routine, including adding this in. I opened, took about five drops, rubbed between my hands and started working this into my whole face (mind you I have combo skin!) at first the smell is REALLY off-putting but if you can get past that it feels so delicious on the skin! Smashbox really incorporated skincare benefits when thinking of this “primer” in mind and that’s why I will always support them! This really feels as if I’m truly taking care of my skin, I use with and without makeup. This made foundations that normally would sit funny on my nose and in between my brows, look FLAWLESS! Also this legitimately extends the life-wear of my makeup, especially my oily tzone! I cannot recommend this enough! Also the size on this bottle is HUGE comparing to other brands sky rocketing prices for the tiniest amount of product!
Chesapeak Bch, MD
Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum uploaded by Megan M.
The Mindful 5 primer serum is like no other product I’ve ever tried. I’m not a big fan of primers specially because all they do is clog my pores. This product is very different from other primers. Specially the amazing 5 main ingredients like Cannabis Sativa Hemp seed oil. But I was skeptical at first but intrigued because of the ingredients. First off it comes in a nice glass bottle with a neat glass dropper. It has an earthy smell that dissipates quickly on the skin. The texture is not sticky at all and absorbs In to the skin nicely. The packaging says you can use it alone or under makeup. So first I started using it at night before bed. I can honestly tell you I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin in the morning. Less irritation and redness. And almost radiant look. My skin looks and feels better. I have combination skin and my t-zone can be very oily but I’ve noticed lately that my t-zone is much less oily and my dry patches are almost none existent. Next I started putting it on before makeup. Letting it set before I put my makeup on. Usually throughout the day my t-zone becomes oily and makes my makeup like terrible but I don’t have that problem anymore. I can honestly say this is my go to primer now. I would definitely buy this in the future. And would highly recommend.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
I have sensitive skin that is usually very reactive to serums. This formula does not contain fragrance and therefore worked well with my sensitive skin. I’ve used many of the Smashbox HD primers in the past and this one does live up to the quality standards of the other Smashbox priming products. Like many of the other Smashbox primers, this contains dimethicone, which is meant to be worn under makeup as a primer during the day. A lot of consumers that have written reviews have recommended to use this product as a night time serum, which may not be ideal as the dimethicone could clog pores if worn for too long. I would only recommend this product for daytime use. This product does contain oil which works well with my dry skin. This serum is lightweight which absorbs quickly, so I would recommend this for dry/normal dry skin types. The formula may not be ideal for oily skin as it contains oil, and it may not be ideal for severely dry flaking skin as it is lightweight. However if you are like me and use facial oils as a part of your routine, this may be a good 2-in-1 product as a facial oil and primer.
Lawrenceville, GA
Mindful 5- Nourishing Face Primer Serum: The serum comes in a small regular fading pink and black box that is big enough to hold a 1 fl. Oz bottle. When unboxing the serum, out comes a bottle filled with this green liquid. I’m guessing of course because the number one ingredient is cannabis sativa hemp seed oil. Other main ingredients are primer oil complex, red algae, green tea, prebiotic, and a bunch of really long scientific words. The product is suppose to moisturize all day, prime and prep, add radiance, refresh, and nourish your face according to what’s printed on the box. I agree for the most part. I followed the directions two drops to my skin every morning although I do not wear make-up. The first three days were great. My face felt amazing and soft. But by day four my face began to break out. All over in a what appeared to be a rash. Shortly after that my face began to swell. I stopped using it. I’m not sure why my face did that but it has been that way since I stopped using it. I’m sure anyone would love it. I would have if I didn’t have a bad reaction.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I was most interested in this product as it claims to reduce redness, and I suffer from rosacea. I received this product for free from influenster for review purposes and was very excited to try it. I’ve been using it consistently for a few weeks underneath my makeup as a primer. Pros: the packaging and bottle are great. love the pump feature. The slightly tacky consistency makes for a great primer. I’m all for natural ingredients. The cons: While the smell didn’t bother me too much, I would imagine it would be very off putting to others, it is quite strong. While I can see it being a great primer, I can’t see this as a great product to use on its own (due to the stickiness). Lastly, I cannot say that I noticed any differences in my skin immediately or over the course of the time I have been using it. Overall.. great concept but I didn’t see any difference in my skin. It worked decent as a primer but no more so than other primers of mine that are way more affordable. I would not pay $42 for this and do not consider it a skincare product.
Indianapolis, IN
This serum glides on easily, isn’t tacky or sticky, and it really does make my makeup look even better when using as a base. I really like the component - it’s easy to squeeze only a couple of drops out which is all the product you need. It’s a big bottle to have a dropper applicator, so this will last a long time. The only things I didn’t care for - the scent and the labeling. The scent is strong and weird. Not enough to bother me but it’s definitely noticeable. I don’t love the “mindful 5” label either - it implies that there are only 5 ingredients ... and when you check the ingredient list there are a couple of color dyes and other ingredients people are picky about. So if you care about what goes on/through your skin, please check the full ingredient list! Overall I like the serum. It didn’t break me out which is something I appreciate, and it makes my makeup look really smooth, as well as helping it to last all day. I really only use this product as a primer though , I don’t see any improvements to my skin.
Bakersfield, CA
So I received this product free from Influenster and I’m going to be honest I was on the fence about it being that it’s a nourishing face primer SERUM. When you see the word serum you think of skincare, nighttime, bed time. Not something you wear out and about let alone under your makeup as a base. Well, I’m here to tell you my thoughts were put to rest. Not only is this serum great for nighttime/skincare usage it actually works well through out the day and under makeup! I’m impressed and I’ve been using it ever since. For extra primed skin I like to apply it as a step 1 then apply a pore smoothing primer on top of it to give me that extra protection. It’s great to use alone and I love that it leaves a semi stickiness feel once it dries down so that your foundation really adheres to the skin. I have oily skin during the winter days and I was afraid of taking that chance to try this alone but it works out perfect especially for days I want a light beat. Definitely an innovative product and I love how versatile it is!
Yonkers , NY
Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum uploaded by Marivi S.
The Mindful 5 Nourishing Face Primer is one of the best primers I've ever used, it does everything in one application: replenish your skin with deep Hydration, blurs pores, preps for moisturizers and makeup, makes your Foundation looks smoother, has long-wearing effect and even doubles as a night serum. I live for their ingredients and innovative formula that works for every skin type and delivers effective results naturally, without the need of harsh chemicals. I wish you could see how insanely beautiful my makeup looked at 3 a.m. even after a long shift and the best thing is that I didn't even used setting powder nor sprays. ( I took this picture approximately 10hrs after makeup application) I couldn't believe it myself when I looked at the mirror and there were not creases at all and my pores were still almost undetectable. Plus it gave me the most beautiful glow and my skin felt moisturized even after removing all my makeup. I don't have words to describe how much I love this primer... My skin has improved considerably since I started using this product and all my coworkers, fellow Makeup Artists, friends and clients are constantly asking me if I'm using a different Foundation or have had facials, but no, it's just my new favorite primer. And just so I can help you- Details FYI: I have combination to oily skin with little dark spots caused by acne scars, dryness around my eyes, cheeks and forehead, plus visible enlarged pores around my nose area.
Alexandria, VA
Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum uploaded by lulu K.
I’m still trying this product out more to see how i really feel but so far so good. My skin has been super dry lately so it’s not moisturizing enough for me but my skin is also super sensitive and this hasn’t stung me or made me red! Which is a plus! It didn’t break me out either. I feel like it made me feel fresh. Wasn’t tacky or greasy and absorbed quickly into the skin which made it perfect before makeup. I have been using this as a primer before makeup and as a serum for my skincare routine. I heard putting it in the fridge is good too! Especially if you’re puffy. This product smells like algae lol it’s not that bad though. Smashbox Cosmetics Nourishing Face Primer Serum Received complimentary from influenster! Thank you!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Greer, SC
a month ago
Monet C. • 17 days ago
Its mildly hydrating, i find it works best used before a moisturizer. It primes your face for makeup and definitely helps with oil production and keeping moisture in after using a moisturizer.