Add a Photo

By SMASHBOX
#4 in BB Cream

This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas and enhances the wear of makeup. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.

Photos (111)
Nataliia B.
Nataliia B.

Multifunctional bb-cream, in addition to its corrective function, on the manufacturer's assurances visually reduces wrinkles and moisturizes the skin! Surprisingly, of course, but this kind of universality is more alarming for me - Caesar's caesarean, tonal remedies should perform their camouflage-corrective function, and let wrinkles and moisturizing leave us with a narrowly focused care. Since all-in-one often turns out to be a problem of non-fulfillment of the main task of the tool. I tried Camera ready on my hand, but I did not put it on my face, because I realized that it would hardly suit me - it is tight enough, although it is plastic, even more like a tonal one, but it's too heavy, adjusts to the tone, but even on The skin of the hand highlighted irregularities and pores. I perfectly understand that the skin on the hands and face is two big differences, and the first one always insists that tonal and corrective agents should be tried only and only on the face, because the effect can be completely different. But sometimes it's enough to check on your hand to understand that the tool is not yours. So it happened with this, - I realized that the consistency and coverage, the result will not work for me.
Britt A.
Britt A.

I would just like to say first that I am an experienced, MUA and have purchased nothing but Smashbox products for myself and clients. I have purchased smashbox products from their whole line for years, and have always trusted them!! I use only BB creams, because I have normal skin, and do not need a heavy coverage. That being said, when smashbox had a BB cream I immediately purchased it. Now, I have tried so many drug store BB creams, and my favorite has to be the Garnier, I had very high expectations for this BB cream... but I will give my honest opinion. This BB cream is horrible!!! I really hate to say it.. and for the price of $30 something I should have taken it back to Ulta. I have been using this BB cream for the past few months. It has a very heavy feeling, and the finish is "sticky"... I have a medium skin tone, and the medium oxidizes 2 shades darker. It applies horribly with a beauty blender, and the only good way to apply it was with my fingers, even with that it was so heavy. Do not waste your money, get a drug store bb cream. leave the expensive products for foundation.
Chari C.
Chari C.
Limerick , ME

This bb cream is one of the first that I ever tried and whenever I need a new one I tend to gravitate back to it. It blends in to the skin very easily even if you are in a hurry and just use your fingers to tap it in. I haven't ever gotten a breakout from it. It is a BB cream but it does cover imperfections pretty well. Building it up in trouble spots doesn't really work for me so I do have to go in with a concealer after blending this out. The staying power is very good. I've gotten 8 hours of continuous wear before it starts sliding off. I have really oily skin so I do set this with a bit of powder and I must blot several times throughout the day. The color range is good. I have been able to match my skin tone almost exactly. I will continue to purchase this as I run out for my light makeup days.
Sue N.
Sue N.
Collierville, TN

I've used Smashbox BB cream for over 2 years now and I absolutely love it. The coverage isn't too heavy but not sheer. If I want a heavier coverage, I just apply a second layer. I have some redness due to acne that flared up post pregnancy/ hormonal issues, but this product does a great job evening out my skin tone. It also has SPF 35 so I don't have to layer on extra sunscreen to my makeup regimen, which makes make makeup look like it's melting off my face. Now for the cons: The most recent tubes that I've purchased seem to feel drier and less blendable once it hits my skin. Also, by the end of the day my skin is shiny so I touch up with powder. I feel like i use more product due to the consistency of the new batch. Overall a great product to add to your makeup purse.
Audrey M.
Audrey M.
Vienna, VA

Offers light coverage with a brush, is more sheer with a sponge. DO NOT try to apply with your fingers despite this being a BB cream. It will be awful and streaky and clingy without any coverage. Even though his product isn't bad, i wouldn't recommend it. It's pricey for a very small amount, but I have tried it on clients and had it look fabulous. Try in store to see if it's worth it for you. Doesn't cling terribly to dry patches if applied correctly. Doesn't require being set with powder, but I recommend layering this with a powder foundation for more coverage.
My info:
Dry/combination skin type
Skin color: light with slight yellow undertones
Preferred finish- glowy, hydrating, no texture
Concerns- acne prone
Lasey L.
Lasey L.

I've been using this BB cream for years and I still love it! Came across by chance and I've gone through multiple bottles since then. I like using it by itself as a "no makeup" makeup look or under foundations. Works well with any foundation I've tried. I'm oily in the T-zone and as long as I let it absorb into my skin before applying foundation, it doesn't make me oily or greasy, in fact, it gets a little tacky after it sinks into the skin, which makes for a great primer. Plus it has SPF 35 which is a huge bonus for me since my skin normally doesn't take sunscreens well, I get oily and break out a lot with regular sunscreens. I highly recommend this to anyone!
This BB cream is perfect for someone who's looking to get a touch more coverage than your average beauty balm, but still wants to keep it lighter than a traditional foundation.

This evens out skin tone, leaves a beautiful natural finish on the skin, and doesn't feel heavy or greasy. The SPF 30 makes it perfect for summer!

A wonderful way to give this product more of a matte finish without having to use a setting powder is to mix a pea sized amount of Smashbox original photo finish primer with this BB cream, it creates a smooth, poreless look that is perfect for more oily skinned ladies that want this BB cream but are afraid it might be too hydrating for them.
Tres S.
Tres S.
Los Angeles, CA

I received a sample of this so my review is based on that. I haven't used the product long enough to give it a thorough assessment.
But my initial impression is great.

Which fantastic since quite particular when it comes to foundations or BB Creams. For one, it goes directly on the face, absorbed into & sits on the skin for extended periods of time, is supposed to cover, while looking like skin.

It's a lot to ask. But I do ask it. And I feel like this BB cream does deliver. I'm glad I had an opportunity to try it and I may seriously consider extending the "try"... if it continues to perform well, it may become a staple
Quynh P.
Quynh P.
Minneapolis, MN

I love this BB cream for those days when I am in a hurry. It may be taboo but I buy a shade or two darker than my skin color and then use my usual concealer for the center of my face (under eyes, nose bridge, forehead, and chin). That way I don't have to contour and it cuts down quite a few steps in my routine. I find that this product is best applied with your hands and it blends out fairly quickly. It offers light to medium coverage. The only thing that I don't like about it is it doesn't last all day for me. Other than that, this is a great product in terms of convenience and I am on my second tube now.
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
Margate, FL

For shade reference: I'm 7.5 in MAC Matchmaster and 500 W in the Lancôme foundation. I'd heard pretty good things about this foundation from others and was excited to try it, however I find that it's not as WOC friendly as it should be. If you have yellow undertones than this can look rather grey in many lightings. I wish that I didn't look ashy whenever I wear this, but the formula is wonderful other than that. I would still prefer my Laura Mercier or NARS tinted moisturizer but this is a nice formula and a bit more matte than both of them. I would recommend to anyone who isn't too warm toned.
Tara B.
Tara B.
Owings Mills, MD

Is this meant to replace foundation?
Ruth G.
Ruth G.
Brooklyn, NY

Will this bb cream looks good on oily skin that shines behind the camera?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.

What's the price? Is it worth buying?
Lydia T.
Lydia T.
Justice, IL

I've been wanting to find a BB cream that gives great coverage. I have blemishes and I want something that isn't heavy but gives coverage. Would you recommend this for someone like me,
Nikita G.
Nikita G.
Walsall, ['', '', '']

Is this worth the money? Also what's so great about it?