11 colors available

BY SMASHBOX #4 in BB Cream

This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas and enhances the wear of makeup. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.

• I've been wanting to find a BB cream that gives great coverage. I h...10 Answers
  • What happened wen you don't have the right Shade 4 Answers
  • Is this product worth the price?1 Answers
Reviews (2092)
Buy on Sephora
Chari C.
Chari C.
Limerick , ME
This bb cream is one of the first that I ever tried and whenever I need a new one I tend to gravitate back to it. It blends in to the skin very easily even if you are in a hurry and just use your fingers to tap it in. I haven't ever gotten a breakout from it. It is a BB cream but it does cover imperfections pretty well. Building it up in trouble spots doesn't really work for me so I do have to go in with a concealer after blending this out. The staying power is very good. I've gotten 8 hours of continuous wear before it starts sliding off. I have really oily skin so I do set this with a bit of powder and I must blot several times throughout the day. The color range is good. I have been able to match my skin tone almost exactly. I will continue to purchase this as I run out for my light makeup days.
Sue N.
Sue N.
Collierville, TN
I've used Smashbox BB cream for over 2 years now and I absolutely love it. The coverage isn't too heavy but not sheer. If I want a heavier coverage, I just apply a second layer. I have some redness due to acne that flared up post pregnancy/ hormonal issues, but this product does a great job evening out my skin tone. It also has SPF 35 so I don't have to layer on extra sunscreen to my makeup regimen, which makes make makeup look like it's melting off my face. Now for the cons: The most recent tubes that I've purchased seem to feel drier and less blendable once it hits my skin. Also, by the end of the day my skin is shiny so I touch up with powder. I feel like i use more product due to the consistency of the new batch. Overall a great product to add to your makeup purse.
Audrey M.
Audrey M.
Vienna, VA
Offers light coverage with a brush, is more sheer with a sponge. DO NOT try to apply with your fingers despite this being a BB cream. It will be awful and streaky and clingy without any coverage. Even though his product isn't bad, i wouldn't recommend it. It's pricey for a very small amount, but I have tried it on clients and had it look fabulous. Try in store to see if it's worth it for you. Doesn't cling terribly to dry patches if applied correctly. Doesn't require being set with powder, but I recommend layering this with a powder foundation for more coverage.
My info:
Dry/combination skin type
Skin color: light with slight yellow undertones
Preferred finish- glowy, hydrating, no texture
Concerns- acne prone
Lasey L.
Lasey L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this BB cream for years and I still love it! Came across by chance and I've gone through multiple bottles since then. I like using it by itself as a "no makeup" makeup look or under foundations. Works well with any foundation I've tried. I'm oily in the T-zone and as long as I let it absorb into my skin before applying foundation, it doesn't make me oily or greasy, in fact, it gets a little tacky after it sinks into the skin, which makes for a great primer. Plus it has SPF 35 which is a huge bonus for me since my skin normally doesn't take sunscreens well, I get oily and break out a lot with regular sunscreens. I highly recommend this to anyone!
Tres S.
Tres S.
Los Angeles, CA
I received a sample of this so my review is based on that. I haven't used the product long enough to give it a thorough assessment.
But my initial impression is great.

Which fantastic since quite particular when it comes to foundations or BB Creams. For one, it goes directly on the face, absorbed into & sits on the skin for extended periods of time, is supposed to cover, while looking like skin.

It's a lot to ask. But I do ask it. And I feel like this BB cream does deliver. I'm glad I had an opportunity to try it and I may seriously consider extending the "try"... if it continues to perform well, it may become a staple
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
Margate, FL
For shade reference: I'm 7.5 in MAC Matchmaster and 500 W in the Lancôme foundation. I'd heard pretty good things about this foundation from others and was excited to try it, however I find that it's not as WOC friendly as it should be. If you have yellow undertones than this can look rather grey in many lightings. I wish that I didn't look ashy whenever I wear this, but the formula is wonderful other than that. I would still prefer my Laura Mercier or NARS tinted moisturizer but this is a nice formula and a bit more matte than both of them. I would recommend to anyone who isn't too warm toned.
Brianna J.
Brianna J.
Clifton Forge, VA
I bought this cream because I was looking for something lighter to wear on weekends or running errands. In addition, I don't want a heavy foundation for spring and summer. I was a little hesitant to buy it, since I wasn't sure how it would fit into my routine (sunscreen and primer) or how my skin would react to a new product. But once the Ulta employee who matched me told me it already had SPF and primer, and that I could wear it alone or use it with foundation, I was sold. This BB cream is awesome because I can just put it on and go. I'll definitely purchase this again.
Rochelle B.
Rochelle B.
Fort Drum, NY
I love Smashbox BB cream! Nice coverage and looks so natural. I have oily/combo skin and this works well. I DON'T have to worry that after a few hours I will be looking like a greaseball, lol. I do sometimes apply it with a primer but that's usually only occassionly during the summer. I purchased mines from Ulta and because I was already familiar that it was considered a higher end product the price didn't bother me, I paid somewhere around 20 dollars. I've purchased it twice already and it will certainly be one of my staple products. Highly recommend...
Lexi L.
Lexi L.
Jacksonville, FL
This stuff is pretty good! It applies very easily and looks very natural- light to medium coverage. It isn't super long wearing, but it wasn't bad either. The formula is very light and has a natural, smooth finish. I love that it has a high SPF and still photographs nicely, but I wish it didn't smell like sunscreen. One problem I have with most BB creams is that they only come in like 4 or 5 shades....this one comes in 9 shades with a variety of undertones, which is great. I think it could work for all skin types, but it's not the best for oily skin.
Gabrielle H.
Gabrielle H.
Buffalo, NY
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Even when they came out with their CC version I found this to be superior. It gives great coverage while still looking natural. Works great for my oily skin (I do usually top with powder especially in the summer) but it STAYS PUT and makes your skin look flawless. If I am going out at night sometimes I will put a light layer of foundation on top- especially because I worry about the flashback because it has sunscreen in it (which makes it even better to wear during the day!) Overall I love this product and re-purchase every time.
Tara B.
Tara B.
Owings Mills, MD
Is this meant to replace foundation?
Ruth G.
Ruth G.
Brooklyn, NY
Will this bb cream looks good on oily skin that shines behind the camera?
Lydia T.
Lydia T.
Justice, IL
I've been wanting to find a BB cream that gives great coverage. I have blemishes and I want something that isn't heavy but gives coverage. Would you recommend this for someone like me,
Katherine A.
Katherine A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's the price? Is it worth buying?
Nikita G.
Nikita G.
Walsall, ['', '', '']
Is this worth the money? Also what's so great about it?