Add a Photo

#11 in BB Cream

This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas and enhances the wear of makeup. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.

Photos (97)
Maria V.
Maria V.

QUICK TAKE: lightweight, breathable, filled with beneficial qualities
I have been wearing this product for a couple of years, now. I was looking for something like a tinted sunscreen, since I was weary of liquid foundation. (I have been wearing sunscreen every, single day, rain or shine, for 30 years. So sunscreen IN my foundation was not a necessity, but a bonus.)
I've never used a lot of foundation. (I used to keep my bottles in the fridge, since I'd typically have a bottle of foundation for 2 years before throwing it out because it was old, not empty.) One little squeeze of this stuff does my whole face.
The lightest colour ('fair', I think) works well on my very fair skin.
It does not have much coverage ability. So that red mark (or whatever) will probably show through.
I have extremely oily skin (something you other women with PCOS can relate to), and this product does nothing to inhibit that. I'm as shiny as quickly as I would be without make-up. If this stuff could keep me matte, it'd probably get 5 stars.
It supposedly has a built-in primer, and that may be why I've found it doesn't cooperate very well with other products, esp. primers. I haven't had any luck with primers, save one kind from one brand. But I will say I used this product on top of the MUFE mattifying primer, and it all just balled-up together and had to be washed off, (Lately, I've been liking that one, new primer I like, with Sappho foundation. Somehow, the combination of that, with a mattifying lotion, is the product combo. I've been looking for, to keep me shine-free the longest.)
I've already pretty much decided, though, that I won't be taking this with me on an upcoming trip, where my travel time will be 22 hours, each way. The tube is so convenient, but my skin is just too oily and I can't seem to get this product to work nicely with my M.A.C. mattifying lotion or primer.
That said, for romping around, day to day, doing errands, I like the ease of this product, and how light it is.
Erin K.
Erin K.

First off, I would like to say I will probably never be purchasing a different. BB cream again. Other BB creams I've tried seemed like they didn't have enough coverage to even make a difference at all. I have slight redness on my face, but I prefer to use a BB cream over a foundation due to their light consistency. This BB cream gives enough coverage so that you can use it alone, but also not too much that it feels cakey. I apply dab it all over my face with my fingers then use a damp beauty blender to blend it out. The sunscreen is an added bonus and eliminates one step from my routine. Most stores sell this at around $30 which may seem expensive to some, but I can see a difference between this and the other drug-store quality BB creams I've used. I had one from Maybelline that always went on streaky, no matter how I applied it, and the consistency was so thick! I went into Sephora to ask for a light-medium coverage BB cream and the employee suggested this to me and I have not worn another BB cream since!
Chari C.
Chari C.
Limerick , ME

This bb cream is one of the first that I ever tried and whenever I need a new one I tend to gravitate back to it. It blends in to the skin very easily even if you are in a hurry and just use your fingers to tap it in. I haven't ever gotten a breakout from it. It is a BB cream but it does cover imperfections pretty well. Building it up in trouble spots doesn't really work for me so I do have to go in with a concealer after blending this out. The staying power is very good. I've gotten 8 hours of continuous wear before it starts sliding off. I have really oily skin so I do set this with a bit of powder and I must blot several times throughout the day. The color range is good. I have been able to match my skin tone almost exactly. I will continue to purchase this as I run out for my light makeup days.
Arielle I.
Arielle I.
Trois-Rivières, Quebec

For me it caused my skin to dry out and flake even with a good hydrating primer that I bought from sephora and a good skincare routine... I tried everthing to make this BB cream work out with my skin but there is nothing to do... When I don't wear it my skin isn't dry at all and then when I apply it my skin flakes and gets dry so it just sits on my face looking terrible... I tried applying it with a beauty blender, a foundation brush and a kabuki brush. But it has good coverage, the color looks nice and gives a beautiful glow. It doesn't feel like wearing foundation , it lightweight. The fisrt time I put it on, I loved it. But the second time it started drying my skin. Overall if I could solve the drying skin problem I would buy it again because it looks so natural on the skin !

Sue N.
Sue N.
Collierville, TN

I've used Smashbox BB cream for over 2 years now and I absolutely love it. The coverage isn't too heavy but not sheer. If I want a heavier coverage, I just apply a second layer. I have some redness due to acne that flared up post pregnancy/ hormonal issues, but this product does a great job evening out my skin tone. It also has SPF 35 so I don't have to layer on extra sunscreen to my makeup regimen, which makes make makeup look like it's melting off my face. Now for the cons: The most recent tubes that I've purchased seem to feel drier and less blendable once it hits my skin. Also, by the end of the day my skin is shiny so I touch up with powder. I feel like i use more product due to the consistency of the new batch. Overall a great product to add to your makeup purse.
Ivy O.
Ivy O.
Scarborough, Ontario

I haven't even bought this yet and I know it will definitely be something that I will be purchasing in the future. While in Sephora shopping for a new BB cream (I have been using Dr. Jart+ Premium BB cream, but it is no longer available in stores, nor does the SPF version ship to Canada anymore), a lovely associate showed me a few options (Tarte, Laneige, and Smashbox). On my left hand, I had Tarte, on my right, I had Smashbox. Right away, I could tell that my right hand was looking moisturized, smooth and even, whereas my left hand with Tarte actually made the lines and dryness in my hands look worse! Smash box also felt a lot nicer and was hydrating. Also, it has SPF 35, something we all need on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this BB cream!
Audrey M.
Audrey M.
Vienna, VA

Offers light coverage with a brush, is more sheer with a sponge. DO NOT try to apply with your fingers despite this being a BB cream. It will be awful and streaky and clingy without any coverage. Even though his product isn't bad, i wouldn't recommend it. It's pricey for a very small amount, but I have tried it on clients and had it look fabulous. Try in store to see if it's worth it for you. Doesn't cling terribly to dry patches if applied correctly. Doesn't require being set with powder, but I recommend layering this with a powder foundation for more coverage.
My info:
Dry/combination skin type
Skin color: light with slight yellow undertones
Preferred finish- glowy, hydrating, no texture
Concerns- acne prone
Christina G.
Christina G.

I adore this BB cream for the way it moisturizers, primes, adds a healthy tint of colour to the skin, and equalizes the complexion, all at once and all in one! This is a big plus for me as I love a low-maintenance makeup routine, and this product definitely eliminates several steps during rushed or lazy mornings. I feel confident stepping out wearing just this because that's how well it performs. It adds light coverage, so it's great for everyday wear. It's also a super light formula so it feels like a second-skin. Sometimes I even forget I have it on. The only negative I can think of is the price tag. Although it lasts a long time, 50$ is definitely a splurge (especially on a student budget!).
Lasey L.
Lasey L.

I've been using this BB cream for years and I still love it! Came across by chance and I've gone through multiple bottles since then. I like using it by itself as a "no makeup" makeup look or under foundations. Works well with any foundation I've tried. I'm oily in the T-zone and as long as I let it absorb into my skin before applying foundation, it doesn't make me oily or greasy, in fact, it gets a little tacky after it sinks into the skin, which makes for a great primer. Plus it has SPF 35 which is a huge bonus for me since my skin normally doesn't take sunscreens well, I get oily and break out a lot with regular sunscreens. I highly recommend this to anyone!
Tres S.
Tres S.
Los Angeles, CA

I received a sample of this so my review is based on that. I haven't used the product long enough to give it a thorough assessment.
But my initial impression is great.

Which fantastic since quite particular when it comes to foundations or BB Creams. For one, it goes directly on the face, absorbed into & sits on the skin for extended periods of time, is supposed to cover, while looking like skin.

It's a lot to ask. But I do ask it. And I feel like this BB cream does deliver. I'm glad I had an opportunity to try it and I may seriously consider extending the "try"... if it continues to perform well, it may become a staple
Tara B.
Tara B.
Owings Mills, MD

Is this meant to replace foundation?
Ruth G.
Ruth G.
Brooklyn, NY

Will this bb cream looks good on oily skin that shines behind the camera?
Katherine A.
Katherine A.

What's the price? Is it worth buying?
Lydia T.
Lydia T.
Justice, IL

I've been wanting to find a BB cream that gives great coverage. I have blemishes and I want something that isn't heavy but gives coverage. Would you recommend this for someone like me,
Nikita G.
Nikita G.
manchester

Is this worth the money? Also what's so great about it?

Join Now