BY SMASHBOX #4 in Eye Primer

Makeup Artists In Our L.A. Photo Studio Needed A Shadow Primer That Locked On More Vibrant Color To Keep Up With The Demands Of Day-long Shoots. So We Created This Studio-tested, Life-proven Shadow Primer That Truly Lasts In Your Real Life For 24 Hours—whether You're At An A.M. Yoga Class Or After-hours Drinks.

Tips:

Going For A Cat Eye? Don't Forget Primer On Those Outer Corners

Benefits:

• Sweat & Humidity Resistant
  • Locks On Color For 24 Hours
  • No Fading, Creasing Or Smudging
  • More Vibrant Color instantly

Usage:

Apply A Thin Layer To Bare Lids. Wait 30 Seconds, Then Apply Shadow.

Formulated Without Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Phthalates, Fragrance & Talc.

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Talc, Dimethicone Silylate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Triethylhexanoin, Bisabolol, Silica, Alumina, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Peg-40 Stearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163)

Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is by far the BEST eye shadow primer I've ever used. True it does feel a bit greasy as one reviewer notes, but I prefer that to the thick primers that pull on your skin (c'mon, who needs extra wrinkles on their eyelids from all that tugging). The primer does its job and prevents shadow from creasing, it also doesn't have a heavy color to it & you just need a little bit. I've tried high end primers and even using MAC paint pots as a base for my eyeshadow, but THIS Smashbox product is MY FAVORITE!!" in 356 reviews
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
Excellent eyeshadow primer. Will make any eyeshadow last for 24 hours like it claims. I have fell asleep with my makeup on before and still had my eyeshadow looking bomb the next morning when I woke up. Easy to apply and use. Wish it was a tad bit cheaper on price. Excellent for helping hold glitter down. It isn’t a glitter primer but I use it as one. Will consider repurchase if I ever run low. I have a large collection so it’s hard to go through everything. Currently using this in a project pan so hopefully soon I can use it all up and buy another one. Usually purchase at Sephora. It can also be found at Ulta and on Smashbox webpage. Doesn’t make eyeshadows crease like a concealer or most eyeshadow primers do, which I love. Definitely one of my top 3 eye primers of all time. If you haven’t tried this stuff out yet then you should check it out today! Amazing!
💕💖💕Elizabeth M.
I can't stress this enough - this product really works. I have the type of eyelids where regardless of what eye shadow I use, by noon I have shadow half way up my eye and a bunch of product in the crease of my lids. This product is a lifesaver! It keeps my eye lids matte for a full 24 hours and keeps my eye shadow put! The silky formula evens out the skin and preps the eyelids perfectly for shadow application. I've tried other shadow primers and nothing comes close to Smashbox's. Also, you really don't need a lot of product so one tube goes a long way! I've repurchased this product between 5-10 times and will continue to do so based on how well it works. If you experience any product build up in the creases of your eye lids you really must try this product.
Arlene D.
Atlanta, GA
A go-to, and staple in my collection! This primer is not overly-tacky and great for any eyelid. Over the years my skin has been evolving and changing- and I've been seeing my eyelids become a bit more "wrinkly" than usual. However, this primer still gets the job done and doesn't cause for my eyeshadow to get patchy. My eyeshadow lasts all day, and it doesn't crease! The price is a bit steep for the amount of product you get- but it is well worth it! This stuff lasts for a long time.
Erica K.
Scranton , PA
I just finally finished up a sample size of this product. Honestly I enjoy the product a lot, it helps to keep eyeshadow in place and allows the shadows you apply on top of it to not crease. It also helps prevent fall out if you’re using glitter shadows. My problem with this product is the very pink undertone it has when you apply it to your eyelid. While it can usually not be seen (if you apply darker shadows on top of it) any longer colors you place on top of it really need to be blended out and worked in to the eyelid.
Michelle L.
Springfield, OR
This actually is a really good eyeshadow primer. It just fails me sometimes! My eyes get watery. I've tried so many things to keep them from watering but no luck. Despite this primer i often find myself with the outside of one eye, or both sometimes, with the shadow completely off. Without the watery eyes, however, this primer holds! My eye makeup will not crease or smudge or bleed or any of that crap! If it could just handle moisture I'd be thrilled.
Svetlana S.
Walnut Creek, CA
Smashbox 24 Hour Shadow Primer This primer is one of the best primers I've ever used. It is easy to use and makes my eyeshadows long-lasting and bold. The consistency is very light the primer is almost transparent on the skin. One tube goes a long way. I would definitely recommend this primer.
Krystal D.
Phoenix, AZ

This Is The Perfect Lid Primer For Eyeshadow. It Helps Worh Very Smooth Application And Isn’t Clumpy. I Purchased This From Sephora It Was Very Well Packaged An Secure. A Bigger Sized Product!  Smashbox 24 Hour Shadow PrimerSmashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer (4ml/ .14oz) - Travel Size
Flo R.
I have been using this product everyday for a year now and I really like it ! Its texture is very creamy and smooth without  being oily or anything. You need to wait a minute before you apply any makeup though, otherwise you may have difficulties applying/blending your eyeshadow. Its color is a light beige but it totally blend in with the eyelid and looks like it is not even here because its color is so neutral. I used to have this problem where my eyeshadow would run out after a few hours, setting in the creases of my eyelids. With this product, my eye makeup stays impeccable all day without any touchup ! A little goes a long way so you really just need a little bit of it to cover your two eyelids. This product lasts quite a while so it is totally worth the price. I recommend !
Makeup E.
Bloomington
Omg this stuff is the best stuff around. It lasts ALL day and will not budge. When I have this stuff on my eyeshadow will not crease, smear, or move in any way. I’ve even noticed that it holds on to the shadow when you put it on for less fall out but still is easily blendable. I’m not saying it’ll fix all your life problems... but I’m not saying it won’t...
Hannah L.
Lone Tree, CO
This definatly gets the job done when it comes to eyeshadow primers, however I would not say it lasts 24 hours. It does last all day for sure and I do think the product works quite well, but I do have another eyeshadow primer that I think is more long wearing than this and can hold the full pigmentation of my eyeshadows for longer as well. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Ambra B.
would anyone recommend this for oily skin?
Nicole W.
I have heard many people talk about this primer. Is it worth the money?
Delilah J.
Mesquite, TX
Is this good for oily eyelids? If not what do you recommend?
satinder k.
Elk grove, CA
Is it good for oily skin?
Amy M.
Ruskin, FL
Guys for oily eyelids I want to know Smashbox or the Kat Von D ?? What is your opinion based on experience?