Smart Car uploaded by Tonya M.

BY SMART CAR

Smart Car
  • "it also recharges a little every time you hit the accelerator so a little goes a long way when using this car - I drove it for about a month on a trip to DC and it was great because everything is so close by, I could fit into virtually any parking spot (especially parallel)." in 2 reviews
Nikki J.
Personally I'm scared of these cars I don't think they're safe at all. A car has tons of technology but it's not that smart to know everything that a driver should know. I ride in one and I was scared for my life the car did not stop when it was supposed to
Eleni C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Always liked these cars but never owned one! They were really popular in Greece years ago and were very convenient in big cities! Only con is that you can't comfortably take long trips and of course can't fit much in it!
Mikiko W.
Boston, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Smart cars are vey useful when you live in a city where parking is hard. They are almost pocket sized and very nice. They are also easy to drive. The only problem with smart cars is that in case of a bad accident the risk of brain injury is very high because of how they are made, the crash won't be "absorbed" by the car itself. Other than that I would say they are very good cars.
Adriana C.
Washington , DC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
A great option if you are driving short distances. The Pros: Though it only drives up to 60mi. it also recharges a little every time you hit the accelerator so a little goes a long way when using this car - I drove it for about a month on a trip to DC and it was great because everything is so close by, I could fit into virtually any parking spot (especially parallel). The cons: Unless you've spent tons of money on a better charger, charging it fully takes about 12+ hrs and if you use the heater/ac it brings your mileage down.
Margaret M.
Monroe, NC
Took a trip in one several years ago. I wouldn't suggest any long trips. It was windy and the car was all over the road. The noise level in the car was also terribly loud (road noise maybe?). One thing I will say is that the amount of stuff you can pack in this car is totally amazing! This would be a nice car for running errands as long as you don't live in a high traffic area. I'd be afraid to get in an accident in this teeny tiny car. It does get fantastic gas mileage though...
Rebecca L.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I miss my smart car. It was such a great car. I got in a wreck the emergency people said I wouldn't have made it if I wasn't in my smart. Smart cars go into neutral when you hit your breaks hard and the doors unlock. I really do miss my smart car but it's super great on gas.
Marisa W.
The biggest concern with this car is safety, if I get in an accident I still want to feel safe, not like I will be driving a matchbox car compared to the tractor trailer next to me. The concept of fuel efficiency and benefits to the environment will not out weigh my personal safety, thus I prefer a car with more crumple zones and other accident features.
Sarah K.
Masury, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I don't know how many people buy a car like this JUST to travel short distances? It is uncomfortable and you can't get very many miles out of it at a time. It takes wayyy too long to charge and you can't use your heat or A/C if you want to drive very far either. It is loud and small. The crash test videos for it are surprisingly a lot less destructive than you would imagine. It's a little more safe than what most people think it is.. But it's a pain in the butt, either way.
Hannah P.
Flowery Br, GA
I've owned two Smart Cars! There's positives and negatives to them, but they're still a great car. First, they're super safe. But they are TINY. like, SO SMALL. you have plenty of room for two people, but zero trunk space.
chelsea g.
I do not own a smart car but I have an aunt in England that does. and as small as it looks on the outside surprisingly you do not feel like it is too tiny once you are inside. I do not recommend this as a family car but for a get around town car i think it is perfect.
Kim W.
Hampton, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is the trunk very big? How many people does it seat?
Ashton P.
rossville, GA
Are these cars just 2 seaters?
Justine S.
Edmonton, Alberta
Aren't these cars inconvenient for travelling?
Tiffani G.
Eatonton, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How safe are these cars?
Nina G.
Bellflower , CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I don't think these cars are safe please explain how they could be?