BY SLIMFAST

• Do these taste good and do they curve your food cravings 3 Answers
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield , CA
1,050 reviews
I’m not a huge fan of meal replacements but this is the one that we typically go to. it really does taste like a watered down milkshake. I love that these come in multiple flavors. They’re absolutely great and meet my expectations every time. It’s a pretty good value compared to alternative they are better to me. I’m overall satisfied.
Linette F.
La Verne, CA
SlimFast’s Ready to drink shake that comes in an easy to go bottle. The bottle idea I like because sometimes messing with powder and a scoop can be a pain, but I usually take a bottle water or almond milk, and just scoop into a shaker bottle when I am on the go. I then combine the ingredients when I am ready to consume them, so this way I don’t end up with chocolate powder that found it’s way out of a plastic baggy and into my purse! I made sure to try the drink cold from the fridge and upon opening the bottle, the Vanilla scent is not very Vanilla like. I take a sip and the drink is about four out of ten when it comes to overall taste and flavor. I have had much better and this drink had an odd thickness to it. I made sure to shake it just in case and the thickness left a film in my mouth that was not very vanilla or real milk tasting, or even a nut milk flavor! It took away from the enjoyment and even with time, I could not get use to it. Being able to get 20 grams of protein on the go is a plus, but when I priced it out, weighed in the flavor/texture and the ingredients, I would still opt for a premium powder mix that is usually higher in protein. I did fix the flavor by adding part of a scoop of powdered Peanut Butter and Chocolate, and that is when I noticed that my PB and Chocolate powder had a better quality of chocolate and real flavor than what the Slim Fast drink. I then felt I wasted a scoop of the “good stuff” on trying to make the not so good stuff better! I also noticed there is natural and artificial flavors but no where but the title of the drink says Vanilla. It’s called Vanilla Creme but nowhere is Vanilla listed! I then stopped looking at the ingredients because they made my tummy rumble more.
Aynsley W.
Bellevue, NE
I was pretty interested in trying SlimFast products in my last Voxbox. Well, I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the shake. I have never really had a great experience with meal replacement anything in the past, so, as you could imagine, I was very skeptical. After cracking open the seal and shaking up the drink, I took a decent mouthful and had to immediately spit it out! The texture is too strange for me, almost a little gritty. The taste was the worst part. I can't even think of anything to describe it as except for comparing it to the smell of wet cardboard.

I feel horrible leaving such a bad review on a product that I know many people have enjoyed. But I am just giving my own opinion and experience. Definitely not something I will ever have again.
Victoria M.
Clayton, DE
These shakes really help curve your appetite and help you lose weight. Of course, you have to exercise too but these shakes are definitely worth it. You can always find them on sale too.
Lindsey T.
Norfolk, VA
I'm going to start off by saying that I loved the flavor of this shake and I would gladly drink it everyday IF it wasn't so expensive. I literally couldn't afford it which is a shame because I thought it was creamy, not gritty, and very satisfying. It was really like a milkshake and I liked that it was packed with fiber, protein, and other vitamins and nutrients. The price is one reason I gave it three stars. The other is that I did not find that it satisfied my hunger for a full three to four hours. It did a good job but wasn't as long as I would've liked. *i received this product free for testing purposes.
Amanda W.
This is definitely a product that should be served cold. I first tried it room temperature, then put it over ice and there was a big difference in flavor. I would say the flavor describes is very well. It is a creamy vanilla that a bit of a sweet taste to it but not too much.

The win for this product for me is the nutrition. It has 20g of protein and ONLY 1g of Sugar. I couldn't believe the small amount of sugar that is has, most replacement shakes iv tried in the past have a lot more sugar.

The cons on this for me is that i think it needs to provide more calories to be a replacement meal. it only has 180 calories which is very low for a whole meal. In addition, it didn't keep me full for a whole 4 hours, it was more like 2 1/2.
Colleen B.
I received this in my SlimFast Voxbox and I absolutely adored it, to be honest. I'm generally not a protein/meal replacement shake drinker, so I totally expected to hate this or for it to have that weird grittiness that is common with other protein mixes. This truly tasted like a milkshake and I LOVE that it is lactose free because I can't have dairy. I had this in place of breakfast around 7 AM and it staved off hunger until around 11 - so the 4 hour claim is solid. Overall, very pleasantly surprised by this. My only complaint is the price - while it was delicious I don't know that I could afford to purchase them regularly.
Jasmine M.
St Petersburg, FL
I received this complimentary as part of the SlimFastVoxBox. I was most excited to try this product, but was really disappointed. The shake tasted like cardboard and smelled like old Lucky Charms. I had about half the bottle before I could not drink anymore. What I did drink helped me feel full for about 3 or 4 hours, so that part was helpful. I would like to try a different flavor and hope for something better.
Sara P.
Charleston, WV
I'm one of those weird people who actually like how the Vanilla shake tastes. I used to drink them like milkshakes when I was younger whenever my Dad bought them -- oops! However, this didn't keep me as full as the protein smoothies I normally drink for breakfast do. I remember testing the time in my voxbox and I had to snack around the 3 hour mark (drank at 7:30a was hungry at 10:30a). That's not horrible but not the best I've had.
Mia A.
Tustin, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I was amazed by the nutrition facts on this bottle. I'm pretty sure this type of diet/protein drink has the lowest sugar count I've ever encountered. The reason it's missing the last star is because of it's not so yummy taste...honestly it almost tasted watery. That's just my personal opinion. I got the drink as a sample to test, and I would consider buying it again, perhaps a different flavor though.
MiszDiane E.
Casa Grande , AZ
Do these taste good and do they curve your food cravings
larri M.
Kansas City, MO
Do you think that the shakes in the bottle are actually better than using the actual vanilla creame powder?

Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe was opened in another window. If you made a purchase CashBack will be automatically added to your Ebates account tomorrow.