BY SLIM JIM #3 in Jerky

Made with beef and chicken

• I know the package says mild but with a very touchy stomach but l...1 Answers
  • Can i have a sample,?4 Answers
  • I have never tried the mild. Does it have any spice to it all?2 Answers
Katie D.
Richmond, VA
Foodie Expert
I love these soo much. I gave 4 stars because of how bad they are for you and because they can be a little expensive. I know it's meat and all beef jerky is expensive, though. These contain nitrates which are actually really bad for you. Don't eat too many!
Missiah R.
Durand, MI
The best thing you can get at the gas station besides gas. I personally only buy these when I know I've got a long car ride ahead of me. Maybe that actually adds to the taste, you know, certain things are just meant to be eaten in the car.
Alicia M.
Sutter, CA
Foodie Expert
I put these in my boys stockings, Easter baskets, Valentine's boxes, and every snack bag/box I ever make them. They are a must have staple in our home, my boys are obsessed with them! And i like that giving them a mini stick keeps them from eating the large ones!
Sara M.
Sultan, WA
Foodie Expert
I imagine that this is close to what meat tastes like in dog food.. These are so greasy and have such an odd texture that I just can't make myself eat them.. Not to mention that when I have eaten them they made me burp the rest of the day and that made for an even worse taste in my mouth :(
Emily V.
East Prairie, MO
Somethings never change and thankfully Slim Jim is one of those things. I enjoyed these as a kid and now my own kid does as well. Is it the healthiest thing to give her? No, but there are things that are much worse. So, we will keep enjoying these at our house.
Basi A.
These are so disgusting if you look at the ingredients. It says mechanically processed chicken which means it's meat and bones ground together. They are unhealthy and full of synthetic products. Do not eat them. Thinking about it makes me nauseous! Gross!
Treasure X.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm not even sure what's in these things but if you are crashing in the middle of the day because you've missed breakfast or are low on energy, this will give you a delicious boost of protein and tide you over until your next meal. They come in different flavors and sizes and kids enjoy them for snacks.
Kaitlyn N.
Festus, MO
Okay so I love slim jims over any of the other beef jerky type products and it just has such a good amount of spice and isn't dry. It has a great snap when you bite into it and it always is a good snack for a rough day even through it is not healthy for you at all.
Lexie M.
Ever since I was little my dad and I used to get these every time we got gas. They are delicious beyond belief and there is nothing like them out there anywhere. They're hard not to eat in one whole gulp. Just try, you'll be hooked.
Jenne C.
Fayetteville, NC
Foodie Expert
I love these!!! I have them on hand everywhere I go in case I'm in need of a little protein boost. These are small enough to keep a few singles in my purse so I can take the anywhere. Delicious taste. I'm hooked.
Amy M.
Grosse Pt Frm, MI
Whats your favorite Slim Jim Product?
Sierra D.
Hogansburg , NY
Can i have a sample,?
Maria E.
Lawrence, MA
When do you prefer a Slim Jim?
Dana B.
Seymour , CT
Foodie Expert
Are these pure protein or do they have a lot of carbs too? Wondering if it would be good for the Atkins diet (high protein, very low carb) Thanks!
Valerie S.
Mayfield, KY
I have never tried the mild. Does it have any spice to it all?