BY SKYY #5 in Vodka

• Skyy Vodka do you really feel like you're in the sky after drink...4 Answers
  • What is your favorite cocktail recipe?2 Answers
Jessica S.
South Bend, IN
Who doesn't enjoy a nice, tasty cocktail when relaxing at home, with friends, at dinner, or while enjoying a night out? I love trying new drinks. Depending on my mood, I like sweet, sour, dry, and even simple drinks. I've found that Skyy vodka is one of the best choices to mix with just about anything to create the perfect drink! Weather I'm using it to make the perfect Martini, (with extra olives!) Or if I'm making jello shots for a party, or I'm mixing it with my favorite energy drink to get energized before and during a night out with my friends, it always adds the perfect flavor. Its smooth, and mixes with just about anything to create a drink to fit any taste or ocassion.

I have used Skyy Vodka to create a variety of drinks and shots. There are so many possibilites, simple, affordable, and easy to make drinks, using Skyy Vodka. Here are a few of my favorite recipes using Skyy Vodka.

Skittles flavored Vodka:
Buy 1 or 2 large (family sized) bags of Skittles.
You will need 8-10 quart sized mason jars.
You start by using a zip lock bag to separate the Skittles by color.
Next, depending on how sweet you want the final drink to be you, add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the sorted Skittles to a mason jar.
Next, you fill the remainder of the jar with Skyy Vodka, be sure to put the lid on securly, and put it in the refrigerator. It will take a few days for the Skittles to dissolve.
You will need to shake each jar daily, to insure that the Skittles are dissolving and mixing with the Skyy Vodka.
After 3-5 days, once you can see that all the Skittles have dissolved, shake the jar for a few minutes. Then, use a cheese cloth or a mesh strainer to pour the mixture through and insure that its nice and smooth!
Finally, after straining it, put it back in the mason jar. It can be served as shots or mixed with your favorite juice, or soda for a tasty drink!

FROZEN GUMMY BEARS OR WORMS:
fill a freezer safe zip lock bag about 1/2 way with your favorite gummy bears or gummy worms. Then, add enough Skyy Vodka to cover them. Make sure you let out any extra air from the zip lock bag and be sure properly seal it shut.
Next, you put them in the freezer, wait a few days. You will know they are ready when the gummy bears or worms have absorbed all or most of the vodka. They can be eaten like a shot, or added frozen to your favorite drink in place of ice cubes!

JELLO SHOTS:
These are so simple and easy!
You will need plastic shot glasses with lids.
(Be advised, making jello requires that you dissolve the powder in boiling water & then add cold water. When making jello shots, be sure to let the mixture cool after adding the boiling water. The heat could potentially cause the vodka to evaporate and dillute the strength of the vodka)
All you do is follow the directions on the box. However, when the recipe calls for the final, cold water to be added, you replace all or part of the water with vodka. (I personally like to do half and half. If it says to add 2 cups of cold water, I add 1 cup of water and one cup of Vodka)
You simply fill the plastic shot glasses, put the lids on securly, and place them into the refrigerator until they are done!
(jello comes in so many flavors. My favorite jello shots are peach, lemon, blue raspberry, and watermelon!)

So, the possibilities are endless when it comes to using Skyy Vodka to make your favorite drinks. From a classic Martini, a simple drink of Vodka & Orange juice, or an energizing Vodka & RedBull drink. You can create drinks and shots that can be enjoyed by everyone. With the great flavor and smoothness of Skyy Vodka, any way that you decide to drink it will be very delicious. It is also very affordable.
Julie S.
Las vegas
Many people like Skyy vodka. It's good but not my go to. It's not as smooth and definitely needs a mixer. I've tried it 2 times in my life and prefer the competition. First time was on a flight, the 2nd time was at a table at the club. A definitely on the budget friendly end so if you don't mind a slight headache in the morning, this one is for you!
Shanea C.
College Park, MD
I’m not a huge Vodka drinker. I️ mostly drink it if it’s mixed in a cocktail. I️ purchased Skyy because I️ was going to a bring your own bottle party for a friend, and they liked white liquor. It was very affordable in comparison to the other brands. It was also super easy to mix with other things. Would I️ buy it again? Maybe. Nothing against it, just not huge on vodka.
Jeni Q.
Grants Pass, OR
Not the smoothest of vodkas - especially if you are limiting what you are mixing with. It does mix well with various mixers, but for some reason, Skyy is always a headache in the bottle for me. Your nearest liquor store will try to sway you with fancy flavors, but keep it simple, their original flavor is by far the most tolerable.
Amanda H.
Brandon, MS
Skyy is a really great vodka option that is high quality, yet it doesn’t break the bank. It is so universal and you can mix it with orange juice to make a screwdriver. You can also use cranberry, pineapple and even mixed fruit juice. You don’t need very much, so one bottle will last you quite some time.Skyy Vodka
Shivani N.
I think Skyy vodka is pretty good, although it's not my first choice when buying vodka. I personally think it tastes a little too strong (I like not being able to taste the alcohol) when compared to brands like Smirnoff or Grey Goose, but that all depends on personal preference! You can find this at any liquor store or your local grocery store that carries alcohol, I bought mine from Wegmans. It's just slightly more expensive than Smirnoff but it's affordable. I really like the packaging of the bottles and think it's different and cute! I would recommend this to anyone who likes a strong taste but prefers to use less vodka to get it!
Sarah S.
Muncie
It does its job! Its Vodka! I wouldn't take shots of it straight up but it mixes well with citruses. I bought it at an ABC store a really long time ago when I was living in VA and ABC stores were my only option, but I've seen it on grocery store shelves; it's not too hard to get. Would recommend if you're looking for something different
Brittany C.
I am a Vodka lover through and through! I've tried a couple different brand and Skyy Vodka is definitely one brand that does not disappoint! It goes down smooth, it pairs well and it's reasonably priced! The thing I really like is there are SO many different flavors! Which all make for really delicious mixed drinks!
Tina W.
Morgantown
This product tastes really well I really enjoy it with my mixed drinks!!
Skyy Vodka
This product is pretty affordable also. I really like that they make this drink in different flavors also. It really goes with any kind of drink you want to Mix it with!! So I give this product a 3 out of 5 stars !!
Jessica G.
Converse
It was cheap enough to afford. One thing that has always caught my attention was Skyy’s wonderful ability to chill. Compared to other vodkas, it seems to get even closer to freezing. If you leave a bottle of Skyy in the freezer for a day and leave it out for a few minutes, the bottle will start to frost up on the outside. The same thing happens with a shot poured in a glass. Skyy gets thicker when chilled than other vodkas, too. This probably attributes to the frost effect. Whatever the case, I attribute these to the quality, whether it means the water content is higher or some unknown factor.
naf C.
Skyy Vodka do you really feel like you're in the sky after drinking this?
Scarlett H.
What is your favorite cocktail recipe?