BY SKYY #4 in Vodka

• What is your favorite cocktail recipe?2 Answers
Shivani N.
Shivani N.
I think Skyy vodka is pretty good, although it's not my first choice when buying vodka. I personally think it tastes a little too strong (I like not being able to taste the alcohol) when compared to brands like Smirnoff or Grey Goose, but that all depends on personal preference! You can find this at any liquor store or your local grocery store that carries alcohol, I bought mine from Wegmans. It's just slightly more expensive than Smirnoff but it's affordable. I really like the packaging of the bottles and think it's different and cute! I would recommend this to anyone who likes a strong taste but prefers to use less vodka to get it!
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
When shopping around for a new brand of vodka, I came across Skyy vodka and decided to give it a try. When looking at the bottle, it has a simple and elegant look. My plan was to make a Moscow mule with this new vodka, but I wanted to taste it first. I poured myself an ounce and took a sip. It was smooth and easy to drink, it didn't burn my throats the way some hard liquor does. I mixed my drink and sat down to a nice, crisp Moscow mule. The Skyy vodka went perfect with the ginger beer and lime. I am a big fan and definitely recommend this vodka for both mixing and drinking straight!  Skyy Vodka
Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.
Los Angeles, CA
I remember when Skyy was like the hip new outsider's vodka with it's so-very-blue sleek cobalt bottle and theretofore astonishing filtration cycles. Skyy did have a thing going for it back at its beginning. Sad now that Skyy presents as a more middling corporate vodka that seems to have lost its way, preferring to play follow the leader (now with the ubiquitous range of flavors any larger vodka maker seems compelled to produce) than offering any real innovation. Sadder even that the years have been less than kind to Skyy's core vodka, which seems harsher and less refined by the minute.
Kim N.
Kim N.
El Monte, CA
Decent taste for a decent price.

I bought a couple of bottles to a friend's birthday party and was so glad I did. I prefer Grey Goose because i can drink it straight without cringing but the cost of a grey goose bottle ($59.99 at BevMo!) meant I would have to buy less bottles. A friend recommended I get Skyy and I'm glad I listened. It was $21.99 at BevMo! and it was tolerable when drinking straight and delicious with cocktails. If I'm going to take straight vodka shots, I'd still prefer Grey Goose but Skyy is perfect for occasions with large parties without breaking your wallet.
Meghan B.
Meghan B.
Skyy Vodka is the perfect pairing with a mixer. It is great for drinks like cranberry and vodka with a little bit of lime. The flavored Skyy vodkas are better pairs for a specific drink that you have in mind (for example: lemon drop shots-get lemon flavored). The flavored Skyy vodkas are also great for shots (if that's your drink of choice) especially if you want a little more flavor with it. Skyy is pretty smooth in relation to other vodkas on the shelf and is a great addition to any bar. Enjoy, but drink responsibly!
Meshia E.
Meshia E.
Bridgeport, CT
I used to drink this more when I was younger (now vodka just gives me a headache. Out of all the affordable Vodka choices in my area this has always been my favorite, the taste is smoother and pairs very well with mixes or sodas and juices of your own. I would be careful with this stuff, for a "non-highgrade" Vodka brand this one does sneak up on you pretty fast and you could up more trashed than you intended. Overall a good vodka for an affordable price, bonus is the pretty bottle you get to keep and display or diy something great and creative out of! 😁 Enjoy!
Brianne G.
Brianne G.
Farrell, PA
Extra dry martinis are my favorite drink hold the vermouth add some extra olive juice and I'm in heaven I do love Skyy Vodka it's not as expensive as some of the others when I go to my mom's it's always there and then liquor cabinet so I helped myself to a drink but she gets very mad when overall of juices missing but I can't find anywhere you can buy just green olive juice anybody know where you can buy just green olive juice anyways I love this vodka I recommend it it's a reasonable price as well
Cristi F.
Cristi F.
Fort Wayne
I've had Skyy mixed with a strawberry Lemonade and it is absolutely delicious! That is always my go to drink for sure! If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest you do! Throw in some fresh strawberries with it and you're set! Country Time Strawberry Lemonade Drink Mix 18 oz. CanisterDriscoll's Whole Strawberries 1 lb
Taryn M.
Taryn M.
Pittsburgh, PA
Skyy vodka is not bad for the price. I know they sometimes state this is a no hangover vodka, but I really think that goes with how much you drink. I really have not tried many of the flavors as I am a plain Jane with mixer type of girl. However, I know they are coming out with a lot of different fun flavors that I am excited to try. As for taste, I feel like it tastes like any other vodka and mixes well in drinks. I am not one to spend a lot of money on alcohol, so Skyy works well on taste and my wallet.
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
Humble, TX
Skyy vodka tastes smooth. There is very little hint of flavor, and virtually no bitterness. Skyy seems to freeze well, making the liquid thick. It swallows well with a slight burn on the way down. The aftertaste is a very soft bitterness, but it is somehow pleasant. At full chill, this is a good shooting vodka. Once warm though, the taste goes south a bit for me.
It is a great mixing vodka. It blends well with the mixer, and doesn’t seem to reveal itself very much.
Scarlett H.
Scarlett H.
What is your favorite cocktail recipe?