BY SKYPE #60 in Apps

Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand. Features: Join over 300 million people every month using Skype - Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant. Call friends on Skype - Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4. Message friends and send photos in an instant - Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos. Video messaging - Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages. Call mobiles and landlines - Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline. No WiFi? No problem. - Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about. Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple. Search the app store for other great apps from Skype: - Skype for iPhone - Skype WiFi - GroupMe System requirements: • iOS 5 or above. • Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini. • Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs. see more...

• Skype me parece una muy buena plataforma para comunicarse...2 Answers
  • Can someone tell me if this app is worth getting?1 Answers
  • Did you have terrible connection while using Skype?6 Answers
Skype
  • "Skype is a really great way to stay in touch with friends and family who are far away without being bothered by long distance charges" in 393 reviews
  • "I love the idea of Skype It is nice to have a place that you can video chat friends and family that are either away for work or live far away." in 375 reviews
  • "It helps me stay in contact and connected with my family and friends who live far away and my significant other who is overseas serving." in 351 reviews
  • "I used it a ton when I was long distance and it helped me be able to stay connected with everyone and have face to face conversationalist with people that are across the country." in 275 reviews
  • "I Would Truly Recommend This To Everyone Who's Living Miles Away Or Just Around The Corner From Your Loved Ones Or The People Who Are Most Important In Your Lives, To Connect And Stay In Touch.The Best Part , Its Completely Free." in 200 reviews
Kimberly M.
North Edwards
Techie Expert Level 1
Skype at first seemed to be the answer to my problems for calling someone instead of writing an email or an instant message. My Son in Law suggested it since he used it quite often to keep in touch with his Mother.

When I signed up for  Skype I could contact someone as long as they had it too. But, I had a cell phone service at the time that had really bad signal. I researched how I would be able to dial a number to contact someone's phone  Skype and there was a small monthly fee to do so.

The reason I am giving them 3 stars is because when I had to discontinue my service I cancelled the pay part and they continued to charge me. The reason at the time was that my Husband had lost his job so we had to go down to only very necessary bills. I called their customer service and I was treated like I was some sort of idiot. At the end of the call I was so frustrated but the problem was suppose to be fixed. NOPE, they charged me again. I called back and AGAIN was treated like I was stupid or something. This time it was truly fixed. Since they had it on record that I had this problem before and asked to cancel I asked them to refund the money since I did't use the service, I canceled and basically it was their fault they continued to charge me for the service. This just made the person more rude. I asked for the supervisor for the rest of the call I talked to that person who was pleasant and got everything handled.
Josh S.
Skype has some Pro's, and some more cons. We will start with the pros:
1.) With an excellent network connection, Skype can have beautiful quality, with excellent voice
2.) Skype has an extremely easy interface to learn
3.)It's integrated onto most windows devices

Now, the cons:
1.)With a weak network connection, skype is useless
2.) Often, skype lags out and crashes, even on good computers/phones
3.) Quality often is distorted and things look and sound weird.
4.) With other programs such as discord, skype is becoming obsolete

So, for a conclusion, I would say skype is obsolete, and has run its course, since we have better options such as discord now.
Tiffany S.
Flowery Br, GA
My boyfriend and I live about 900 miles apart right now and Skype really helped us out when we were apart. Sometimes the quality was low and it takes forever to start up, sometimes giving errors and shutting down before you can get it up. If the bugs were fixed, I would use it more. Right now, we're using Facebook.  Skype
Amanda W.
Techie Expert Level 1
This app is very useful in making face-to-face conversations happen over the internet. The only problem I have had with this application is poor connection. I would prefer to use OovoO or facetime over this. But overall it is easy to use and is very convenient for interviews or catching up with old friends.
Maggie D.
East Brunswick
Honestly I am not a fan of Skype.. I've tried using Skype for a while to call my friends. I always ended up with so much lagging and loosing connection. I also use to have problems with logging in; saying my username or email wasn't registered or something. When I did use Skype I did have good times when it worked very well, and then other times where it never worked at all. I can do without it.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Techie Expert Level 2
Skype is great for all sorts of communication. Video Chat, Messaging, Meetings, or just having fun. I think it is a very easy to use app and is very simple. When needing to have a video chat with someone you can see them very well and effectively hear them as well its a good app.
Victoria B.
Bakersfield, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
My son uses this to talk with his dad and grandpa . I find that it always has glitches . I am not sure if there is a difference between the android app or the apple app of this . It is a free app so that is why I gave it 3 stars . if you can get everyone able to see and hear eachother it is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends without just talking on the phone .
Danielle B.
Rochester Hls, MI
I used to be an avid Skype user to catch up with family members that I could not see regularly and then it began to drop calls left and right and then gave my computer several viruses. I started using other services and they worked way better for me.
Fiona C.
I remember Skype being really great before. I'm not sure what has changed, but it's not quite as reliable as it used to be. Depending on your operating system, you might encounter little quirks here and there. For example, a lot of people using the Windows 10 app might encounter an issue where they are unable to see their own video feed. I keep using it because it's more reliable and known than other applications. It also doesn't eat up as much resources as Hangouts video does.
Kamish L.
Aurora, IL
Techie Expert Level 1
Skype is a cool way of communicating, but it's so old school now compared to Snapchat Video, Instagram Video and FaceTime. I haven't used Skype since high school and I must say it did have a lot of connectivity issues and it would also freeze, but I'm sure that it has now been updated to run more efficiently- but I must say I'll never go back!
Candace Q.
Lakeland, FL
Do you think FaceTime for IPhone will replace skype?
Georgia P.
Las Vegas, NV
Skype or oovoo?
Sydney B.
Madison, MS
Techie Expert Level 3
Do you prefer Skype or Facetime?
Grayson M.
Newark, DE
Tango or Skype?
Mollie W.
Does Skype work between different countries?