Add a Photo

By SKYPE
#46 in Apps
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand. Features: Join over 300 million people every month using Skype - Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant. Call friends on Skype - Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4. Message friends and send photos in an instant - Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos. Video messaging - Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages. Call mobiles and landlines - Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline. No WiFi? No problem. - Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about. Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple. Search the app store for other great apps from Skype: - Skype for iPhone - Skype WiFi - GroupMe System requirements: • iOS 5 or above. • Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini. • Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
Photos (43)
Kenesha B.
Kenesha B.

I love Skype.  sometimes my mother travel and I miss her so much Skype lets us video chat its  like she is right in front of me talking. Skype is the best and it's free. If your travel and you got children are a girlfriend are a boyfriend are a mother are a family a home when u get sad just pick up your phone , tablet , laptop and call home you will feel like your home again. Skype is the best and you can get Skype on your phone and tablet and laptop any from you have a front camera you can get  Skype for free. Best app you can get oh you can get it on play store for free .and my boyfriend is in England and  we use Skype 4 times a day
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

I've never liked Skype, but when it was my only option there wasn't much I could really complain about. I've since found a better program that blew me out of the water, Discord.Skype's audio would cut out, there was no volume control so one person would be too loud to hear anyone else, there was a ton of lag and it was next to impossible to have group calls with more than five people.The video was also atrocious, audio would cut out leaving light video or vice-versa.With all of this, even if Microsoft made improvements I would never go back to Skype.
Lauren N.
Lauren N.
Pensacola, FL

Skype, for me, has always been a love/hate relationship. I love it because it really is a GREAT way to reconnect to people--especially when a lot of my family members are in another country. (Talk about hard holiday get-togethers, right? xD) It's a hate relationship when I have to use the service for a team meeting, and the call drops--not just once, but like 5+ times. (I don't know if it was my internet, but regardless, it left me and my team frustrated.) I think I had to be facetimed in on someone's phone in order to finish the conference call. @.@
Eric M.
Eric M.
Hornell, NY

Skype has become too 'bloated', a 2 person connection with both people running a very fast broadband, Skype should not have connection issues- I quadrupled my internet speed and see no difference in the behavior of the program. Program continues to 'ring' even after both parties have 'connected'. Have to click 'connect' multiple times for it to register. Skype also used to work with 'Facebook' better and now it doesn't. The only advantage to Skype is it's wide usage and 'free'. I only really keep my 'microsoft/hotmail' account for this program.
Megann F.
Megann F.
Birmingham

I started using Skype a few years ago in order to video chat my friend from the Netherlands and it is an excellent tool in order to visibly keep in contact with loved ones. It is a free app, although I believe there are some aspects that you can pay for, it's pretty easy and simple to use in terms of the video chatting aspect. My only complaint would be that the Skype calls can often get cut short or be laggy by losing connection and a lot of the time I don't think this was actually down to bad wifi connection but rather the app itself.
Adam S.
Adam S.
Lewisporte, NL

I always found Skype was a very versatile app for many different things, however I did not find it always practical. Skype is a free-to-use service which allows you to connect with your friends and family. The best thing about Skype is that it is very easy to use, however... There are always problems with network connection and most people would just rather make a regular phone call or FaceTime because it is just easier. Overall, I would not recommend Skype to new users, unless for business.
Ana A.
Ana A.
MANAUS

Everyone remembers skype at first. It was kind of hard to use, but then you got used to it and it was great. Now? I do not know what to write, I'm very upset! Frequent and time-consuming updates, sudden lags (regardless of internet speed) and the delay to enter! I give 3 stars because, after all, skype has not always been bad! Thanks to him I met many friends over the internet, in the games and the distance diminished. Please fix this.
Lizeth G.
Lizeth G.

Good way of communicating with loved ones who are far away. It's so much having a way to see a person through video chat then hear their voice through the phone. Anyone can use this app. It's pretty easy & simple and it's free. There's just one thing that I don't like about the app is the app. While I'm using it it'll freeze sometimes or it'll stop responding & close the app or it doesn't notify you if you had a call or a message.
Niks B.
Niks B.
Dubai

Skype always seems to be the "go to" app for long distance video calls but I honestly cannot understand why. There hasn't been a single time that I've used Skype that I  haven't experience problems with it. Even when there is fast wifi on both ends- Skype always manages to have blurred visual and the audio often gets stuck. My boyfriend and I only use FaceTime because I refuse to let Skype get to me and make me mad.
zoe K.
zoe K.
Melbourne

Skype is such a good app for video chatting close friends and family that are far away/ in another country. I also like the fact that you can buy credit through the iTunes Store to make actual phone calls, I never thought it would come in handy but I left my phone at home one day and was locked out without a key so I used my iPad and put credit into Skype so I could call my mum! Definitely an app you should try
Candace Q.
Candace Q.
Lakeland, FL

Do you think FaceTime for IPhone will replace skype?
Georgia P.

Tango or Skype?
Sydney B.
Sydney B.
Madison, MS

Do you prefer Skype or Facetime?
Mollie W.
Mollie W.

Does Skype work between different countries?

Join Now