#60 in Apps
Top Questions See all 2,526 Q&A
- "Skype is a really great way to stay in touch with friends and family who are far away without being bothered by long distance charges" in 393 reviews
- "I love the idea of Skype It is nice to have a place that you can video chat friends and family that are either away for work or live far away." in 375 reviews
- "It helps me stay in contact and connected with my family and friends who live far away and my significant other who is overseas serving." in 351 reviews
- "I used it a ton when I was long distance and it helped me be able to stay connected with everyone and have face to face conversationalist with people that are across the country." in 275 reviews
- "I Would Truly Recommend This To Everyone Who's Living Miles Away Or Just Around The Corner From Your Loved Ones Or The People Who Are Most Important In Your Lives, To Connect And Stay In Touch.The Best Part , Its Completely Free." in 200 reviews
When I signed up for Skype I could contact someone as long as they had it too. But, I had a cell phone service at the time that had really bad signal. I researched how I would be able to dial a number to contact someone's phone Skype and there was a small monthly fee to do so.
The reason I am giving them 3 stars is because when I had to discontinue my service I cancelled the pay part and they continued to charge me. The reason at the time was that my Husband had lost his job so we had to go down to only very necessary bills. I called their customer service and I was treated like I was some sort of idiot. At the end of the call I was so frustrated but the problem was suppose to be fixed. NOPE, they charged me again. I called back and AGAIN was treated like I was stupid or something. This time it was truly fixed. Since they had it on record that I had this problem before and asked to cancel I asked them to refund the money since I did't use the service, I canceled and basically it was their fault they continued to charge me for the service. This just made the person more rude. I asked for the supervisor for the rest of the call I talked to that person who was pleasant and got everything handled.
1.) With an excellent network connection, Skype can have beautiful quality, with excellent voice
2.) Skype has an extremely easy interface to learn
3.)It's integrated onto most windows devices
Now, the cons:
1.)With a weak network connection, skype is useless
2.) Often, skype lags out and crashes, even on good computers/phones
3.) Quality often is distorted and things look and sound weird.
4.) With other programs such as discord, skype is becoming obsolete
So, for a conclusion, I would say skype is obsolete, and has run its course, since we have better options such as discord now.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos