Add a Photo

By SKYPE
#23 in Apps
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand. Features: Join over 300 million people every month using Skype - Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant. Call friends on Skype - Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4. Message friends and send photos in an instant - Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos. Video messaging - Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages. Call mobiles and landlines - Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline. No WiFi? No problem. - Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about. Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple. Search the app store for other great apps from Skype: - Skype for iPhone - Skype WiFi - GroupMe System requirements: • iOS 5 or above. • Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini. • Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
Photos (43)
Heather W.
Heather W.

I love that it is so easy to use my parents can call me and message me anytime. It did not take very long to teach them. I love that you can rely on Skype to connect with friends and family from all over the world and I have not had many instances that I can recall the connection failing me. I also enjoy the landline international calling prices. I actually use Skype for many calls to landlines compared to my cell phone company. It is also great at sharing photos and files. I can find old messages and files that I sent as well. We have used Skype instead of Slack to call and collaborate as a teleconference when planning our summer party with our planning team.
Vanessa G.
Vanessa G.
Hialeah, FL

Skype is great for video chatting someone you know nearby or best when afar to avoid long distant fee on landline phones. You can share transfer files and text like instant messengers as well via computer or cell phone. Alot of businesses use Skype for conferences and interviews between employees in multiples places at once as its very cost & time saving. My last job had me use Skype everyday to contact my business counterpart in Brazil instead calling to avoid long distant fees. the videos were always clear and something about seeing someone while they are talking helps understand better than just listening to them over a phone.

Lauren N.
Lauren N.
Orlando, FL

Skype, for me, has always been a love/hate relationship. I love it because it really is a GREAT way to reconnect to people--especially when a lot of my family members are in another country. (Talk about hard holiday get-togethers, right? xD) It's a hate relationship when I have to use the service for a team meeting, and the call drops--not just once, but like 5+ times. (I don't know if it was my internet, but regardless, it left me and my team frustrated.) I think I had to be facetimed in on someone's phone in order to finish the conference call. @.@
nafia c.
nafia c.
Murphy, NC

I like Skype for obvious reasons. Some of the reasons are things like if you're hooked to the internet, it's free to use. Another reason is that you can talk anyone via cam chat anywhere in the world which then enables you to save money. It's really easy to use as well. It's definitely reliable if you have a good internet service. The one down side is if you have to call someone to their phone number and not on their Skype account, then you will need to actually buy the minutes. But otherwise it's a good technology. Definitely recommend it.
Eric M.
Eric M.
Hornell, NY

Skype has become too 'bloated', a 2 person connection with both people running a very fast broadband, Skype should not have connection issues- I quadrupled my internet speed and see no difference in the behavior of the program. Program continues to 'ring' even after both parties have 'connected'. Have to click 'connect' multiple times for it to register. Skype also used to work with 'Facebook' better and now it doesn't. The only advantage to Skype is it's wide usage and 'free'. I only really keep my 'microsoft/hotmail' account for this program.
Julie T.
Julie T.
Hinesville, GA

I love the idea of Skype, when I first starting using Skype no one I knew had ever heard of it. My husband was deployed to Iraq and it was suggested by his unit to use this service to stay connected, we also used it when he was in Korea so that he could see and talk to our daughter. It was great to stay in touch during those times and I liked that my husband could not only talk to us but see us also. I haven't had the need to use Skype service in years, but I would encourage others to use this service to stay connected with family and friends.
Amber W.
Amber W.
Michigan City, IN

I remember when my boyfriend and I did not live together and we wanted to see each other but had stuff going on so we couldn't hang out for the day.  We would always use skype.  I loved using it because we both could get it either on our phone or on our laptop.  It was free to use also.  There was a lot of the time that it would cut in and out when using and it wasn't always the clearest either.  It was always nice to be able to connect to him when we were apart though!
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Feasterville Trevose, PA

Skype is not my go to program for things like video chatting or conferencing.  But, skype is a solid program and it gets the job done.  I hate that I will get random people trying to message me or friend me on my skype account despite having my account listed as private.  I hate that there are weird ads now that pop up.  Skype does have some fun emojis which makes it different, but that's not enough for me to really love using it.
Melody O.
Melody O.
Warner Robins, GA

I am a gamer and we used to use skype all the time for group calls. It was great being able to get a ton of us in a call and since it was the only option at the time I though it was the greatest thing ever. While It still is good I think it's not as great. Sometimes calls drop for no reason, it can cause your fps in game to go wonky ect. I do think it is still great for video calls to your loved ones and friends though just not so much for gaming!
Claire S.
Claire S.
Chehalis, WA

Good way of communicating with loved ones who are far away. It's so much having a way to see a person through video chat then hear their voice through the phone. Anyone can use this app. It's pretty easy & simple and it's free. There's just one thing that I don't like about the app is the app. While I'm using it it'll freeze sometimes or it'll stop responding & close the app or it doesn't notify you if you had a call or a message.
Candace Q.
Candace Q.
Lakeland, FL

Do you think FaceTime for IPhone will replace skype?
Georgia P.

Tango or Skype?
Sydney B.
Sydney B.
Madison, MS

Do you prefer Skype or Facetime?
Mollie W.
Mollie W.

Does Skype work between different countries?

Join Now