BY SKINNYGIRL

Rachel S.
Asheville, NC
The Skinnygirl bars are described as having only 180 calories per bar and being a guilt-free snack, as well as having some nutritional benefits.

The bar itself was really tasty, I’m used to tasteless nutritional bars and I was surprised that this one was so good! It’s not dry like some other brands and it had enough sweetness to kind of feel like I was having a candy bar substitute. It’s about the same size as a Special K bar so nothing special about that.

However, I think that 180 calories is a lot for just a bar…I could just as easily eat something more filling like fruit or carrots or something (granted it wouldn’t be as tasty but whatever). When I want a snack I typically am looking for something between 100 and 150 calories so 180 is a little out of my range for that. The bars are also $9.99 for only 5 bars which is way too much for me to spend on something like that.

If you have the money to spend I would definitely recommend them!
Jenna L.
Bowling Green, OH
While these tout the fact that they're "only 180 calories per bar. The bars are natural, kosher, and high in fiber! All bars now have MORE protein & MORE fiber, LESS sugar & LESS carbs!" They fail to mention the major misstep that comes with having 25% of your daily saturated fat in ONE granola bar!! I received the Coco-Nut flavor in my SweetHeart VoxBox so maybe it's less for other flavors, but because of this extremely high unhealthy fat content I won't be trying this granola bar. If you're looking for a quick on the go snack for a health lifestyle, which is what these granola bars are trying to promote, grab a piece of fruit, or some baby carrots, and a handful of nuts, just as easy, and much healtheir.
Jamila H.
Brooklyn, NY
So I received this in my voxbox, and I was really excited about it. But when I looked on the back of the label, it wasn't clear if it was gluten- free. I have Celiacs Disease and it's the first thing I look for on packaging.

Although it didn't explicitly say that it had any gluten products, it also didn't explicitly say it was gluten- free. I tried to look it up on the website and though it said that some of their products were gluten- free, it did not identify whether the bars were or not.

In terms of meeting the needs of the client base, I feel like Celiacs Disease and just people with basic gluten allergies are very out. Large companies are marketing gluten- free products now. I'm very disappointed and surprised that with along with everything else they have listed on their packaging, they didn't feel it necessary to listen "gluten- free" or "this is not a gluten- free product", which exists on many, many products now.
Shianne A.
Vista, CA
I am an avid calorie and carb counter, I've got the apps to prove it on my iPhone, so I was pretty excited when I received the Dark Chocolate Pretzel one in my Sweetheart VoxBox. I'm not going to lie, I only took a couple bites of it because there are still 25 carbs (20 net carbs for all my Atkins-ers on here), and was not all that impressed. The outside looks awesome, but once you bite into it, you can feel and taste the low calorie chalky typical diet bar texture, and it is still almost 200 calories. I like food, so if I'm going to spend 200 calories or my entire day's carb allowance on something, I'm going to spend them wisely, and on something that tastes good. I love Skinnygirl's line of "adult drinks" so I was really sad that I wasn't impressed by their On-the-Go-Bars. Guess I'll just stick to my other bars.
Tiara F.
Dix Hills, NY
I've loved Bethanny since she was on RHNY and I'm so glad she's made a perfect line on product for all of us women out there. Skinny girl is awesome i was so happy to receive the Skinnygirl On-the-Go Bar in the COCO-NUT with peanut butter flavor because I've always liked the flavors separate from each other. After tasting this bar I know I've been missing out on the combination of these two flavors. The bar was delicious and is only 180 calories which for me a a huge plus. Its quick to grab and go when I don't have time for my usual greek yogurt for breakfast before work.I want to try every flavor of this bar they all seem so tasty and innovative. Point is if you're looking for a on the go bar thats healthy for you and not loaded with sugar these are the right bars for you. So get out there and try them.
Danielle R.
Syracuse, NY
This is the flavor I received in my Voxbox and made sure to share with my boyfriend to get a second opinion. We both enjoyed the blueberry yogurt up front but once we both chewed for a while the texture was strange. He thinks it might be the "soy nuggets" but we both agree that it's kind of a stale reconstituted cherrios texture that neither of us were to fond of. That's not to say that we wouldn't eat them, or wouldn't be able to eat them. The flavor is nice afterall. Aside from the unusual texture they are pricey. $9.99 for 5 bars? Coupons are good as they're advertising one for the month of February but it's for online orders so you're still most deffinantly going to pay for shipping. Tasty, strange texture, pricey. Maybe we can try again. Thanks, Influenster!
Sarah K.
Nashville, TN
THE FLAVOR I TRIED WAS GREEK YOGURT BLUEBERRY CRISP. I THOUGHT THE MIXTURE OF YOGURT WAS JUST RIGHT, ESPECIALLY IN COMPARISON TO OTHER BARS I’VE TRIED, AND I ALSO LIKED THAT IT WASN’T CRUNCHY AND DIDN’T LEAVE A TON OF CRUMBS! MAKES IT PERFECT TO EAT ON THE GO! HOWEVER, I’M NOT SURE I’M WILLING TO SPEND 180 CALORIES ON THIS PARTICULAR SNACK. EVEN AS A BREAKFAST BAR, IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF CALORIES IN COMPARISON TO SIMILAR ITEMS THAT CONTAIN ONLY 100 CALORIES. THE OTHER PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THIS PRODUCT IS THE PRICE. A BOX OF THESE BARS IS $9.99 AND CONTAINS ONLY 5 BARS - THAT’S $2 PER BAR!!!!!!!!!! AS SOMEONE ON A BUDGET I JUST CAN’T JUSTIFY SPENDING $2 ON A SNACK BAR! OVERALL, I’D SAY THIS PRODUCT IS DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE PRICE, BUT IT WOULD MAKE A NICE TREAT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE AS OPPOSED TO A CANDY BAR!
Garyondris R.
Me being a total fan girl for Bethenny Frankel I was super excited that these Skinnygirl On-The-Go Bars were sent to me to review from Influenster.

Each bar has only 180 Calories per bar, high in fiber, all natural and kosher.

The flavor I received was the Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate and this triple combo was to die for. You can taste the chewy oatmeal with the bits of banana and the support of the bar is made with the dark chocolate. Oh and don't forget the dark chocolate is drizzled all on the top as well! This satisfied all my sweet and crunchy cravings.

Noticing that this bar said On-The-Go I put this snack in my backpack and took it with me to class. Being a college student I always, always have a mid class snack and drink. In between classes eating this was comfortable enough for me, even while walking across campus with it to my next class. This snack can fit into anything, whether its a clutch, backpack, purse or just carrying it on the go. So I would give the convenience factor an A+.
Cara L.
Iowa City, IA
As part of my Sweetheart voxbox, I just tried out the Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bar in Greek Yogurt Blueberry Crisp. I would give it a “B”. Usually, I eat the protein bars that you can get at Aldi and frankly these bars don’t match up. The SG was good, but it was not great. It was overly sweet and had only a very faint hint of blueberry flavor. I did love the moist texture, which is something my Aldi bars don’t have. Speaking of which,I believe that the selling point of these bars is that they are supposed to “guilt-free” in that they have a lot of protein, fiber, low sugar, and give you a nice little treat. However, these bars will not replace my Aldi bars because apart from the price (about $2 per bar), compared to my Aldi bars (about 50 cents per bar) these bars are higher in calories (180 calories, compared to 170), higher in fat (7g compared to 4.5g), & higher in sodium (210 mg compared to 150 mg). Overall, SG is also lower in the number and amounts of vitamins & has less protein.
Yahira T.
I'm very picky with healthy bars but this one surprise my!! I got my skinnygirl bar flavor banana oatmeal dark chocolate on my sweetheart voxbox ...I got my box heading out to work out so I grab the bar after my work out i compare it to my kind bar and it was actually better my dark chocolate cherry cashew is 180 ok the same but sugar the kind bar is 14g big difference skinnygirl 9g ...for my the important part us protein bc is whats sustains me during the day!! Skinnygirl has 9g kind 4g ....i love my kind bars but i found one pretty good!! They smell delicious love the packaging.. i will repurchase!!I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.
Jennifer K.
Rochester Hls, MI
What is your favorite flavor?
Alyssa M.
Kristen V.
Hoffman Estates, IL
Kristie F.
Medford, NJ
Would these be a good pre workout snack?