Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bars
Top Questions See all 183 Q&A
- "I do understand that not everyone eats the way I do, so if you enjoy food like this, then I will say that the Coco-Nut Peanut Butter Bar was pretty delicious." in 119 reviews
- "If I had to choose between that and a Snickers bar, I'd try to go for this, but with 180 calories in a bar, I'd rather go for something a little more healthy, if I'm watching calories and fat content." in 74 reviews
- "I’m always looking for a snack that will keep me full through a whole afternoon at work and I was glad to see this in the Influenster Sweetheart Voxbox (: The flavor I received was Greek Yogurt Blueberry Crisp." in 69 reviews
- "I am disappointed all the favors have an ingredient I do not like, I am not fond of blueberry, dark chocolate is to strong for me, and I don't like coconut." in 54 reviews
- "i received "greek yogurt blueberry crisp" it was delicious and i will def try it out if your always on the go and don't have time to stop and eat something big!!!!" in 39 reviews
Overall I would still love to try the other flavors. Maybe it was just this far that was not to my liking but I have some hope for the other flavors. I would recommend to eat this bar for an afternoon snack when you have a sweet tooth or for dessert but don't eat it for breakfast like I did.
First off, calories, nutrition, all looks good. It looks like other bars I'm currently having for Breakfast since I am trying to lose weight. However, I was shocked to find that one box is $10.00 -- I can buy the same thing for $5-6 at my local store.
Another thing is that they are quite blatant with the skinnygirl logo all over these bars. When I'm eating a protein bar to supplement a meal in my diet, I don't want people to think that I'm A.) Dieting to lose weight because obviously I want to be skinny or B.) That I think of myself as a 'Skinnygirl'. The stigma behind the packaging is very odd to me.
Now for taste, the bar TASTED DELICIOUS and I was really okay with the price. Then I got a horrible aftertaste in my mouth and had to drink water to get it out. It tasted like spoiled peanut butter with a side of sweetener.
I think SkinnyGirl missed the mark with this one.
The bar itself was really tasty, I’m used to tasteless nutritional bars and I was surprised that this one was so good! It’s not dry like some other brands and it had enough sweetness to kind of feel like I was having a candy bar substitute. It’s about the same size as a Special K bar so nothing special about that.
However, I think that 180 calories is a lot for just a bar…I could just as easily eat something more filling like fruit or carrots or something (granted it wouldn’t be as tasty but whatever). When I want a snack I typically am looking for something between 100 and 150 calories so 180 is a little out of my range for that. The bars are also $9.99 for only 5 bars which is way too much for me to spend on something like that.
If you have the money to spend I would definitely recommend them!
I do understand that not everyone eats the way I do, so if you enjoy food like this, then I will say that the Coco-Nut Peanut Butter Bar was pretty delicious. It’s not oversized and definitely kept me full for a couple of hours. I put it in my purse on a day that I had to run around for errands, so it was great to take with me. I love anything coconut, so I enjoyed the flavor, but it did get a bit too sweet by the end.
I personally would recommend something more healthy and natural, like some fruit with a to-go container of peanut butter instead, but if you like the convenience of packaged snack bars, then this could work for you.
Although it didn't explicitly say that it had any gluten products, it also didn't explicitly say it was gluten- free. I tried to look it up on the website and though it said that some of their products were gluten- free, it did not identify whether the bars were or not.
In terms of meeting the needs of the client base, I feel like Celiacs Disease and just people with basic gluten allergies are very out. Large companies are marketing gluten- free products now. I'm very disappointed and surprised that with along with everything else they have listed on their packaging, they didn't feel it necessary to listen "gluten- free" or "this is not a gluten- free product", which exists on many, many products now.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos