SkinMedica LYTERA 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum uploaded by Esther R.

BY SKINMEDICA

Get even with the SkinMedica LYTERA 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum; a pioneering discoloration treatment expertly formulated to address the most stubborn dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Suitable for all skin types and tones, the advanced serum combines Tranexamic Acid and Phenylethyl Resorcinol to help correct and balance melanin production for a more even tone. Niacinamide and Tetrapeptide-30 work in tandem to combat the development of new spots, while a Marine Extract Blend supports a healthy barrier function for enhanced protection from sun damage. Delivering improvements in texture and tone within as little as two weeks and dramatic progress after continued monthly use, the serum helps you to achieve a refined and more unified complexion. Non-comedogenic. Free from retinol, hydroquinone, parabens and fragrance. see more...

Buy on Jet.com*
Ashley C.
Lawrenceburg
Love SkinMedica products! Great medical grade options and this one is no exception. It is better than the original Lytera, much more effective. It works, but it does take some time so don't expect instant, immediate results. The only thing that bothers me about this product (other than the price, try Jet.com for deals) is the consistency. It's not bad and I've gotten used it, but at first I thought it left my skin a little tacky. I finally figured out one pump is way too much product and that's why it left a weird texture on my face. About half a pump is the perfect amount of serum, soaks right in and doesn't pill. Give this a try if you can afford it. If it stretches your budget too far, I bet you could find something else.... Still, I trust this skincare line and will keep using this product. It works!
Esther R.
Oak park, MI
My skin is combo oily, acne prone and when I do break out they tend to leave PIH, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am fair skin so the marks are red dots that just don't fade. I have been on the search for the product or products that help in lightening the marks. I have used hydroquinone but it didn't do much.
I have been using the Lytera 2.0 now for 3 weeks and am so amazed that I am seeing results. Not that my PIH is gone but that they do look lighter. I try to use it 2x a day but I definitely use it at least 1x, at night. Patience and consistency is the key with skincare. Also, remember to always put sunscreen on in the morning or else the pigmentation will just come back.
I love the bottle, a sleek white with silver, and with a pump. One pump is perfect for the whole face. The consistency is a white, lightweight, cream/gel like formula that spreads and absorbs easily, without leaving the face sticky or tacky. It layers beautifully with my other skincare products.
The price is high, but so worth it. It will last awhile and it actually gives results. Medical grade skincare is an investment, but the outcomes are worth it.
Ro G.
This product was recommended by my derm and I've been using it for about a month and a half now. While I was expecting dramatic results (which I have yet to see)
given the intimidating price tag.. there is slight improvement on my old acne marks (hyperpigmentation for 6+ months). I feel like it has significantly lightened the newer marks (2 weeks) but probably will take some time to work on older marks. I don't like it's texture at all.. as it seems a bit tacky/ sticky on skin.

I just think that any product that's over $100.. and mind you this is $154, should provide STELLAR, fast results. Plus it claims to provide dramatic results after 8 weeks.. Perhaps I have not used it long enough (two more weeks left until I hit 8 weeks) so to be fair, I'll be sure to do an updated review in a month.
Amy M.
Cleveland, TN
This product is AMAZING! I know the price tag is intimidating, but give it a fair chance and you won't be disappointed! It doesn't dry me out or break me out and I can definitely tell that it's helped even out my skin tone!