SkinMedica LYTERA 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum uploaded by Esther R.

BY SKINMEDICA

Get even with the SkinMedica LYTERA 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum; a pioneering discoloration treatment expertly formulated to address the most stubborn dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Suitable for all skin types and tones, the advanced serum combines Tranexamic Acid and Phenylethyl Resorcinol to help correct and balance melanin production for a more even tone. Niacinamide and Tetrapeptide-30 work in tandem to combat the development of new spots, while a Marine Extract Blend supports a healthy barrier function for enhanced protection from sun damage. Delivering improvements in texture and tone within as little as two weeks and dramatic progress after continued monthly use, the serum helps you to achieve a refined and more unified complexion. Non-comedogenic. Free from retinol, hydroquinone, parabens and fragrance. see more...

Buy on Amazon
Carmen B.
I had been using a prescription hydrocuinone for 6 months and wanted to get off it as it’s not healthy to use long term. My esthetician suggested this as a replacement. My main concerns were sun spots on my cheek and melasma on my upper lip. I have Asian skin and do not feel like this has helped my sun spots like the hydrocinoin. The melasma has gotten marginally better. Once I finish this bottle, I will not be repurchasing.
Elizabeth B.
I don’t think this does any better a job for hyper pigmentation than a C serum does. I used it to target a brown patch on the side of my face but didn’t notice any difference.
Esther R.
Oak Park, MI
My skin is combo oily, acne prone and when I do break out they tend to leave PIH, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am fair skin so the marks are red dots that just don't fade. I have been on the search for the product or products that help in lightening the marks. I have used hydroquinone but it didn't do much.
I have been using the Lytera 2.0 now for 3 weeks and am so amazed that I am seeing results. Not that my PIH is gone but that they do look lighter. I try to use it 2x a day but I definitely use it at least 1x, at night. Patience and consistency is the key with skincare. Also, remember to always put sunscreen on in the morning or else the pigmentation will just come back.
I love the bottle, a sleek white with silver, and with a pump. One pump is perfect for the whole face. The consistency is a white, lightweight, cream/gel like formula that spreads and absorbs easily, without leaving the face sticky or tacky. It layers beautifully with my other skincare products.
The price is high, but so worth it. It will last awhile and it actually gives results. Medical grade skincare is an investment, but the outcomes are worth it.
Janine N.
aurora
I bought on bottle of this product and didn't see any improvement with the pigmentation on my face. I was told by a professional that it could take up to 3 bottles of this stuff to see some improvement I'm not that patient.
Ashley C.
Rotonda West, FL
Love SkinMedica products! Great medical grade options and this one is no exception. It is better than the original Lytera, much more effective. It works, but it does take some time so don't expect instant, immediate results. The only thing that bothers me about this product (other than the price, try Jet.com for deals) is the consistency. It's not bad and I've gotten used it, but at first I thought it left my skin a little tacky. I finally figured out one pump is way too much product and that's why it left a weird texture on my face. About half a pump is the perfect amount of serum, soaks right in and doesn't pill. Give this a try if you can afford it. If it stretches your budget too far, I bet you could find something else.... Still, I trust this skincare line and will keep using this product. It works!
Rachel S.
Cammack Vlg, AR
Love, Love this product! It has made a HUGE difference is brightening and evening out my skin tone. It has lightened all the pigment on my face. I have used it for over a year and will continue to use it! I bought it at Little Rock Plastic Surgery. They have a great selection of SkinMedica products.
Ro G.
Apex , NC
This product was recommended by my derm and I've been using it for about a month and a half now. While I was expecting dramatic results (which I have yet to see)
given the intimidating price tag.. there is slight improvement on my old acne marks (hyperpigmentation for 6+ months). I feel like it has significantly lightened the newer marks (2 weeks) but probably will take some time to work on older marks. I don't like it's texture at all.. as it seems a bit tacky/ sticky on skin.

I just think that any product that's over $100.. and mind you this is $154, should provide STELLAR, fast results. Plus it claims to provide dramatic results after 8 weeks.. Perhaps I have not used it long enough (two more weeks left until I hit 8 weeks) so to be fair, I'll be sure to do an updated review in a month.
Amy M.
Cleveland, TN
This product is AMAZING! I know the price tag is intimidating, but give it a fair chance and you won't be disappointed! It doesn't dry me out or break me out and I can definitely tell that it's helped even out my skin tone!
Maggie M.
Kansas city, MO
So expensive but so worth it. This product changed my life. I used to have horrible acne and scars and this has helped get rid of the scarring and clear m skin
Tracy J.
Birmingham
I use on my cheeks to diminish freckles due to skin damage. I find it to be non-irritating, and I do think I’ve seen an evening out of skin tone.