BY SKINFOOD

• How well does it work? I tried an Argan mask before it my...5 Answers
  • Has anybody tried the different skinfood masks? What is t...2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily skin?2 Answers
Love X.
|| Skinfood Black Sugar Mask || Tip: it doesn't come with a scoop, use one you already have. FOR EXFOLIATION🙃
How to use: cleanse face then 1) apply on damp face and massage or 2) scoop up a small amount then mix with water to make it less viscous (what I did since I have sensitive skin) and massage on dry skin, leave on for 10-15mins and rinse off with warm water. .
Price: $$ Scent: wonderful! Fresh citrus smell!
Texture: used Brazilian black sugar so it's going to be rocky :) Results: it didn't irritate my skin nor the areas where eczema occurs with a little irritation. It made my skin feel cleaner, clear and smoother! (And I got a compliment on my skin the very next day *today*! 😝) Would I recommend? Yes!
Would I buy again? Yes
Linda L.
San Francisco, CA
I'm a huge fan of Skin food products, and naturally, I knew I would love this scrub! If you prefer something more gentle, I wouldn't recommend this. The sugar makes it very scrubby (I recommend using a gentle hand). My skin is quite sensitive so this turned my cheeks a little pink the first time, but the morning after I noticed my skin was extremely smooth and soft. I'm probably only going to use it once a week because it is very scrubby, but hey, it's effective. It smells really nice too - like strawberry jam :)
Lisa H.
I LOVE this face mask. I discovered it when I first started skin care, so it's one of the OG products that are still a part of collection and skin care routine. The mask smells like brown sugar and honey, it makes you want to lick the mask (but please don't). I use it like any other exfoliater - about once a week but no more than twice a week. After rising, the mask leaves your skin feeling super soft.   is a very similar product comparing to this one that I've tried, the grains are finer, that's about the only difference. This product is a lot cheaper and I actually like it better. I'm on my second jar and I probably will always want to have one in my collection. Highly recommended.
Ashley C.
Sugar Land, TX
Really great! Not too exfoliating but not to little exfoliating either. I love the smell, smells clean and like lemons. It's kind of hard to scoop, so I use a spoon.
Kristen Melissa M.
I love this black sugar face mask . Some people think that it's a little too harsh for them but I love it . It's just like it says it is . A sugar face scrub. It's a great exfoliater in your skincare routine. If you don't prefer the most gentle product and like a little grit in your exfoliater , then this is your kind of product ! I like that I can feel the grittiness . I use it on my neck and chest as well. My skin feels ... I guess the best way to describe it is like a polished feeling after I use this ! It's a great feeling . I use this is the shower bc it can be a little messy and I do like to use it on my chest area like I previously mentioned.
Nhi P.
I've been using the it for a few months now, and I absolutely love it! It's perfect for daily use as it's not too harsh and my skin feels refreshed.. and as you only need a little bit, it has lasted me nearly six months.. and I've still got tons left in it! I will definitely be buying this product again.
Samantha F.
Saint Paul, MN
This product is probably my favorite exfoliating mask. Enough so that despite still having a few more uses worth left in my regular size 3.53 oz jar, I ordered a double size 7.05 oz jar.
The mask has a pleasant, sweet scent. The only negative, really, is that it makes me a bit hungry. The scent isn't incredibly strong, nor is it floral, so anybody sensitive to those kinds of smells shouldn't have trouble using this mask.
The mask itself is thick enough with granules large enough that I can feel it putting it on, but not so much that it feels like an uncomfortable abrasion like some physical exfoliants. Some people may find the sticky texture off-putting, but it's not something that bothers me personally. If you've ever gotten a bunch of loose sugar on your hands while eating a sweet candy or baking, the sensation is a bit similar to that, with a thick gel filling up the rest of the space.
The most "difficult" part of using this mask is probably washing it off. The sugar tends to be a bit hard to remove entirely, and it especially likes to cling to my eyebrows if I get it in them. I think this is a bit of an inevitability for many physical exfoliants, though, and it really didn't detract from my experience much.
Now, for the most important part - how did my skin feel while using it and afterwards? While the mask is on, I've never really noticed it all that much aside from the stickiness. I don't feel any kind of "magical exfoliating magic" happening. Immediately after washing the mask off though, my skin feels so smooth, it's amazing. The mask doesn't dry out my skin at all and I don't end up with that uncomfortably scrubbed feeling you sometimes get with other masks. I've never had trouble with it breaking me out or anything, and my skin always feels so hydrated but firm the morning after I use it.
Overall, this is a great mask! I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same experience as me - people have different skin after all - but I can certify that I enjoy using it and that you should give it a shot if you ever have the opportunity.
Jennifer S.
Kissimmee, FL
I've been looking and doing a lot of research for good skincare products and came across this brand. I wanted to try a new exfoliator so I picked this up and am so glad I did. I love this product, the smell is not overpowering but a light citrus smell. It is a sugar scrub so it can be harsh so I recommend a light hand when rubbing into skin! I immediately noticed a difference in my skin it was smooth and felt amazing, and the effects were even better the next morning!! Definitely going to buy more of the Skinfood products!
Okyana D.
Fairfax, VA
The skin food since 1957 black sugar mask wash off foot therapy which is 100 g 1 is what I called from Amazon for around $7 I believe and it's my second bottle of this one I'm been loving it I apply it in the morning or after shower or before I go to bed and I will leave it on for around 15 to 30 minutes and I will put some water and massage my face and then wash off it really helped to treating the acne and some black hat as a sad on the product there is many ingredient of the special food for the skin such as plant and fruit it is really good for the skin and it's a brand from Korea that I really recommend.
Conchita R.
I use this about once or twice a week and it works amazingly to exfoliate my skin! I purchased it from Amazon and have not regretted it in the slightest bit. It smells really sweet and leaves your skin extremely soft and glowing! Really helps my makeup go on nicely everyday :) My boyfriend uses it too! His skin tends to peel and flake off around his nose and eyebrows, but ever since he started using this, that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore!
China H.
Bethany C.
Pensacola, FL
Where can you buy this?
Ashley R.
Where can I buy this? Also, is there a scent?
Shannon C.
Cumberland, RI
Is this also exfoliating?
Luo L.