BY SKINFOOD

• Has anybody tried the different skinfood masks? What is t...2 Answers
  • I recently received this as a sample in the mail... I’m w...1 Answers
Jackie P.
Nashville , TN
First of all this smells amazing. It’s too gritty to use very often on my face but it’s a nice body exfoliator. I don’t actually use it as a mask, I use it as a scrub in the shower. Basic scrub that smells delicious.
Jacqueline L.
Norman
All time favorite mask ever! My skin always feels so smooth and refreshed after this! I have super big pores and I feel like this mask really gets down deep! All Skinfood products are so reasonably priced, you really cant go wrong
Jessica T.
New York
this is my favorite scrub in the world - I use it twice a week in the shower and it’s amazing 🙌🏼
Rose D.
This is a very good wash off mask and it comes with black sugar bits for a good exfoliation. I have a sensitive skin and this worked really well for. It doesn't leave your face dry when you wash it off and you can feel that your fave is smoother than before. You should try it!
Laura G.
Camden, NJ
What really caught my eye on this item is the ingredients plants fruits and nutritive items sealed the deal when I used it my face was smooth and the smell is of lemons I really love product I definitely recommend item treat yourself don’t cheat yourself
Alexis L.
Atlanta
If you want to add some glow in your skin then the black sugar mask is your go to product ! Perfect for a summer glow!! Good on sensitive skin!! Use under warm water!
Laura C.
Flower Mound
I have sensitive skin and this didn’t agree with my face. It broke me out and left my skin very irritated. I didn’t end up finishing the rest of it.
Daniela C.
Los Angeles
love love love this is my favorite mask I used it daily for a while and now weekly, great for exfoliation and the smell is great too! love the natural feeling of the product, definitely will be buying multiple next time :)
Thisgurldoesitall T.
Liverpool, Liverpool
I am going to talk about the smell first because it is so good it makes you want to eat it. It does not taste good though (yes I tried), so don't try yourself unless you don't believe me. It has a strong lemony smell that reminds me of black tea with honey and lemon.

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask is brown in colour and has a thick consistency as if you would mix honey and sugar. It comes in a plastic tub with a screw lid. After removing it, there is another separating lid. You can get rid of that one as it is not necessary to use. I would advise that you use a spatula to take the product out, even putting washed fingers means bacteria in your sugar mask.

Apply it on dry face but mix it in your hand with a little bit of water first as it is very thick! I find that if I put it on wet face, it dissolves too quick and no exfoliation can be done. After gently massaging your face in circular motions with it (no scrubbing!), leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off. It will dry a little but it won't make your skin tight. Your face will be very smooth and I find that it makes my pores visibly smaller.

100g is not a huge amount, but it should last you a while as you should not use physical exfoliants every day. I would recommend 2x or 3x a week. Other days you can use chemical exfoliants. Since it is just black sugar exfoliating your skin, it is more gentle than other exfoliants on the market that contain microbeads and other things. It is also gentle to the environment, unlike microbeads.
Carolina C.
The Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off exfoliator is a well-known product for those who are used to Korean skincare products. Recommended by many and avoided by others, it was one of the first products I bought when I started doing the Korean skin care routine and it was the first one that I repurchased. Needless to say how much it is loved, isn't it? It is a physical exfoliant and it'll surely cause irritation if you have a sensitive skin, it happened to me the first time I used it. A very good tip is to dissolve it a bit with water before passing on the face so that the sugar grains "melt" a little bit, making it less abrasive. It worked for me, never had problems with irritation again. It smells amazing! At first I thought it was odd, but I got used to it quickly. You have to leave the product on the face for 10-15 minutes after massaging (lightly!) so that its moisturizing formula, enriched with vitamins and minerals, can be absorbed by the skin. The sensation it leaves on the skin after washing is wonderful! The skin, besides being clean, looks softer and moisturized. The only bad thing I have to say is the lack of a spatula to remove the product because it is difficult to remove with the fingers and this is not hygienic either. If you do not have a spatula from another product that you can clean and use, I recommend picking it up with a spoon.
China H.
Bethany C.
Pensacola, FL
Where can you buy this?
Ashley R.
Where can I buy this? Also, is there a scent?
Luo L.
Carteret, NJ
Shannon C.
Cumberland, RI
Is this also exfoliating?