BY SKINFOOD #59 in Face Masks

• Has anybody tried the different skinfood masks? What is t...2 Answers
  • I recently received this as a sample in the mail... I’m w...1 Answers
Samantha F.
Saint Paul, MN
This product is probably my favorite exfoliating mask. Enough so that despite still having a few more uses worth left in my regular size 3.53 oz jar, I ordered a double size 7.05 oz jar.
The mask has a pleasant, sweet scent. The only negative, really, is that it makes me a bit hungry. The scent isn't incredibly strong, nor is it floral, so anybody sensitive to those kinds of smells shouldn't have trouble using this mask.
The mask itself is thick enough with granules large enough that I can feel it putting it on, but not so much that it feels like an uncomfortable abrasion like some physical exfoliants. Some people may find the sticky texture off-putting, but it's not something that bothers me personally. If you've ever gotten a bunch of loose sugar on your hands while eating a sweet candy or baking, the sensation is a bit similar to that, with a thick gel filling up the rest of the space.
The most "difficult" part of using this mask is probably washing it off. The sugar tends to be a bit hard to remove entirely, and it especially likes to cling to my eyebrows if I get it in them. I think this is a bit of an inevitability for many physical exfoliants, though, and it really didn't detract from my experience much.
Now, for the most important part - how did my skin feel while using it and afterwards? While the mask is on, I've never really noticed it all that much aside from the stickiness. I don't feel any kind of "magical exfoliating magic" happening. Immediately after washing the mask off though, my skin feels so smooth, it's amazing. The mask doesn't dry out my skin at all and I don't end up with that uncomfortably scrubbed feeling you sometimes get with other masks. I've never had trouble with it breaking me out or anything, and my skin always feels so hydrated but firm the morning after I use it.
Overall, this is a great mask! I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same experience as me - people have different skin after all - but I can certify that I enjoy using it and that you should give it a shot if you ever have the opportunity.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I am a fan of Korean skincare products & brands. They suit my skin the best & I absolutely love this mask from skinfood. I would have given it 10 stars if I could I like it so much. This is by far the best black sugar mask which I have ever used. I loved it from the first use itself as I could see the results almost immediately it's so amazing.

The texture is very smooth with sugar granules & it's dark brown in color. It doesn't come with a applicator. The application is very easy. I start with cleansing my face & then massaging this mask gently onto my damp face, then I add water to it which makes it chahe it's color to light brown. Then I massage little bit more & leave it for drying for 10-15 miintures. Washing off is easy too just add water & it becomes soft again, I clean it with a sponge. After removing the mask my skin feels rejuvanted. It's clear, soft, smooth & glowing. This is one of the masks with which you can see the effect immediately. I like to use it whenever I am going out for dinner or meeting friends & have less time to get ready. This mask makes my skin look amazing.

I have acne prone combination sensitive skin & I follow kbeauty 10 steps skincare routine this mask has definitely definitely has helped me to improve my skincare game. Also, I don't believe in hsrsb exfokiating creams & scrubs. This mask helps exfoliate my skin without being harsh or making my skin too try it irritated. Also, it never makes me breakout which is great as a lot of scrubs & exfoliators make me breakout.

I generally by mine online from Amazon.com.
I highly recommend it & will definitely be buying it again.
Sandra D.
I just recently received a sample of this and couldn't wait to try it. The sample I received smelled like lemon, which surprised me. But since I love the scent of lemon, I instantly fell in love with this mask. I don't think it smells like a cleaner, like some have said. More like freshly cut lemons, a lot of them. 😂 🍋🍋🍋 The mask spreads on easily and exfoliates beautifully. But be careful if you have sensitive skin. Use it very gently or, mix with a tiny bit of warm water to slightly melt the sugar before applying to your face. You don't want to completely melt the sugar crystals before applying it, so don't use really hot water. I let it sit on my skin for 15 minutes and then removed it with my ECOTOOLS MASK REMOVER SPONGES 3PK which makes the process so much quicker. Afterwards, my skin felt smooth and fresh. The lemon scent didn't remain. So if you're not a fan of lemons, you don't have to worry about being stuck with the smell after. My skin did feel just ever so slightly tight after, but I was applying a serum and moisturizer anyway, so no big deal. I highly recommend this mask if you want a good natural exfoliator
Heaven R.
Mountain view, MO
I recieved this product in my ipsy bag. This product smells a lot like gain laundry soap! This was pretty thick when first starting to use this product but as you start warming up the product and rubbing it on your skin it becomes very easy to work with. This product did not leave my skin dry and scratchy like i thought i would. The sugar, although exfoliating your skin, actually feels pretty soft and left my skin feeling even softer along with making my skin smooth and feeling pretty hydrated! My skin continued to feel like this for severals days after using this product! The granules were very easy to wash off. I used this product on my face and my arms; I was very pleasantly suprised.
Amber N.
Killeen, TX
I got this as a sample in my ipsy and I am so glad that I did. My face has been dry like it normally is during the winter so I decided to give it a go. I was surprised my how thick it was and how little you need to use. I got my face a little wet and it went on very easily. Then there is the smell. It smells like lemons. I love citrus scented items and I know lemons are very good for the skin. When I removed the mask my face felt hydrated and smooth. I didn't have the problem of the sugar trying to stick to my face it was very easy to remove with a rag and warm water. I would recommend this item for sure and I will be buying the full size product. I'm so happy it's affordable!
Sarah T.
Silver Spring, MD
I am in L O V E with this mask! First of all, I’m a sucker for anything natural. Each ingredient is natural and can pretty much be found at your local health food store.

So when I opened the container, the first thing that I noticed was the delicious smell! It’s fruity and chocolately all at the same time. Yum. I used my mask applicator brush to scoop some up out of the container and apply it to my skin.

It definitely spreads easy for an exfoliating mask! It’s also not too gritty, which can irritate my combination skin, so I was impressed with that. The directions said to leave it on for 10-15 minutes, so I set the timer and curled up in my comfy chair and watched a little bit of my favorite TV show. While I was waiting, I noticed the mask was starting to warm up (a pleasant warmth) and spread out a little. I completely forgot it was a melting mask! So cool.

After about 15 minutes, I gently rubbed the mask off with a warm and damp towel. My skin felt INCREDIBLE! So soft, and had a noticeable dewiness. The price is also great ($8.63 for a 3.53 Oz pot on amazon prime) and when applied properly, will a last long time!  Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
I bought this online from Ulta I barely used it yesterday and I fell in love with it! It's not as grainy as other scrubs are so when you massage your face it doesn't irritate it so bad. It is smoother but you can still feel that it is getting the job done and exfoliating your face. I massaged it for a good 2 minutes then left it on my face for the suggested 10 minutes then rinsed it off with warm water. After I dried my face it felt so nice and smooth. I am so exited to see how my face feels after using it for a good while.
Desiree F.
Augusta
This is a really great physical exfoliator. The sugar granules are pretty large so watch out if you have sensitive skin. After using this, my face is baby soft but a little red because it's a little tough on the skin. It smells really good and doesn't have any nasty ingredients. I will reach for my Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator With Microderm Exfoliating Crystals or my Dr. Brandt® Microdermabrasion Body Exfoliating Cream more than this because the crystals in each are smaller.
Franciele L.
Altamonte Spg, FL
I got this in my ipsy bag... wow, wow, wow. I never heard of this brand before but this mask is everything. I never had done a “mask that washes off/exfoliate” before and it changed my life. It leaves your skin so smooth and clear. I have now purchased at least 3 times from my ipsy bag. I love it so much. Also, if you buy this.. make sure to leave on your skin for about 2 mins.. it works wonderssss before washing it off. Great product for the price and the smell is actually really pleasant too.
Katie G.
Farmers Branch, TX
I thought this was a face mask but if you read the instructions it’s really just an exfoliant. I do like it because it’s a natural exfoliant and the paste it’s in helps not dry out your skin while exfoliating it. I don’t like the paste at the same time though because it makes the texture of the “mask” interesting. It’s a cool exfoliant to try though and it’s good with even exfoliating your lips. But I do highly recommend the brand SKINFOOD. I love trying their products because I love their brand.
China H.
Bethany C.
Pensacola, FL
Where can you buy this?
Ashley R.
Where can I buy this? Also, is there a scent?
Luo L.
Carteret, NJ
Affeia J.
How well does it work? I tried an Argan mask before it my face was tingling and burning.