BY SKINDINAVIA #81 in Face Primer

This revolutionary ultra-fine primer mist creates a smooth, silicone-free canvas for flawless makeup application and long lasting makeup wear. Skindinavia s vitamin-based primer is clinically proven to reduce redness and diminish the appearance of fine lines. Recommended for all skin types. The Flawless Facts: 83% of users agreed, This is the best makeup primer I have ever used. 93% of users agreed The Makeup Primer Spray made skin feel noticeably smoother. Silicone-free formula creates a light, breathable barrier between skin and makeup.
  • see more...
  • Top Questions See all 86 Q&A

Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray
    • "i was given this setting spray as a birthday present and i must say it has been one of my absolute favorite gifts. it keeps your makeup lasting very long and even the oil control lives up to its name." in 79 reviews
    Hira J.
    Linden, MI
    Review for: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray, 8 fl oz more...
    This was the very first primer spray I've ever ever used and I thought it was really good. My face even felt refreshed and hydrated with just one spray. It didn't do anything bad for my skin either if anything it helped
    Jasmine L.
    Paramount, CA
    Review for: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray, 8 fl oz more...
    I use this everyday before starting my makeup application. It leaves my skin feeling slightly tacky to help the foundation stick to my skin and helps my foundation last longer and matte for a longer period of time.
    Sahara S.
    Review for: Oil Control more...
    This primer setting spray is the best out there. It's good for oily and dry skin because it keeps you're face natural with a little of oil. It's super easy to blend you're makeup on. I would buy this again.
    Bernadette K.
    Chicago
    Review for: Oil Control, Oil Control, Oil Control more...
    This is the only oil control product to ever make a difference for me! I liked Urban Decay's De-Slick spray, and saw on the label that it was made by Skindinavia. So, I went straight to the source! I noticed that Skindinavia offers both a primer and setting spray, while Urban Decay only has the one version for oily skin.

My skin is extremely oily--like, 4-5 blotting sheets by lunchtime oily. I've tried different moisturizers, primers, foundations, and powders developed for oily skin, to no avail. I spray this on (3-4 sprays) and let it dry before applying makeup. Then, when my makeup is all done, I use the coordinating Oil Control Setting Spray from Skindinavia. I still get SOME breakthrough oil--this doesn't give me a perfect, permanently matte finish--but it is easily blotted away.  Overall, my makeup stays intact and in place for 12+ hours--which was previously impossible for me. These sprays last forever, too. I use them several times a week, and have had the same large bottles for over a year. A MUST HAVE for oily skinned make up lovers!
    Jasmine B.
    Review for: Oil Control more...
    I'm used to cream and stick primer products but  Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray has me contemplating switching formulas altogether.  Since I have combo-oily skin, I purchased the Oil Control version on sale.  Not only does it cut down on the amount of time I spend doing my makeup, it doesn't leave any residue on my face.  I spritz 3 or 4 times (depending on the weather) and my foundation actually sticks.  I combine the primer spray with  Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray and my makeup is locked in for at least 8 hours.  The primer spray works with liquid, powder and stick foundations.  I have the 8 ounce bottle and only spent $24.  This is a much better value than other high end primer products.
    Kristine K.
    Review for: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray, 8 fl oz more...
    I Love, Love this spray. It makes your makeup last until your ready to take it off, it controls oil production but u must use mainly oil free makeup products or some oil will surface. I used an concealer infuzed with Coconut Oil and some oil surfaced but not alot. When i use my Revlon ColorStay foundation i get no oil so great. I can't say enough about this product. To me the 3rd greatest thing this Spray does is it holds cheap makeup for example i buy L.A. Colors products from Family Dollar or Dollar General and some products from my local Beauty Supply from $1-4 and this spray makes them long lasting they don't move until i wash my face. This product is a must have plus there online site always have deals especially on there kits so it's worth it!!!!
    Marjorie D.
    Miami Gardens, FL
    Love it! It smells a bit weird so don't expect a spa like fragrance from it. The bottle says to spray in the shape of an X but of course I spray about four times. It does make your skin feel a bit tacky but I feel that's why the makeup stays put. It really helps keep my makeup in place and I don't get as oily. I still get a bit oily but not as bad. If you have pore you will definitely need a different primer for that. But if you're looking for a primer to make your makeup stay in place and oil free then this is the one for you. Also, their website is always having 20% off so keep an eye out for that and don't buy without it!
    Julia M.
    Waco, TX
    I liked this at first because I did notice increased longevity in my makeup however about halfway through the bottle the nozzle stopped spraying an even mist. It started shooting out all directions and leaving droplets on my face. I didn't notice my makeup applying any better so I wouldn't say the primer aspect of this product is accurate. There are better setting sprays out there that will do the same thing and not break on you half way through.
    Jacquelyn T.
    I've never used a primer spray until I got this in one of my subscription boxes and let me say I've been missing out! This product leaves your skin feeling VERY hydrated and ready for a full face of makeup. I noticed it helps my foundation stick on and still leaves my fave hydrated without looking too oily. I recommend this primer spray if you haven't used one before!
    Carise Z.
    Parma , OH
    Review for: Oil Control more...
    I use the whole line of skindinavia. Primer, setting spray, And the post makeup skin recovery and I have to say these are amazing. I also have the bridal setting spray and that stuff really packs a punch! My makeup stays on ALL DAY and I work in a pretty tough job where it's hot and humid. I don't know any jobs much hotter than standing by a giant ladle of molten steel! So it's safe to say this WORKS if it keeps my makeup on while I'm there 12-16 hours a day!!
    Nessa P.
    Is this really worth the hype? I like the idea of a fine mist, as opposed to slathering on a cream or silicone product. I was unimpressed by the smashbox primer water. Is this better?
    Lina H.
    Tampa, FL
    Do this setting spray is Good for people with oily skin those it really works? I'm really interested to know. Thank you
    I know the urban decay primers/setting sprays are in collaboration with skindinavia but which one is better? Or are they the same?
    Cammella M.
    Jefferson, OH
    How is it for dry skin?
    Kat M.
    Bellflower, CA
    Can primer be worn without makeup?