Skinceuticals New Purifying Cleansing Gel

Purifying Cleanser New with Glycolic Acid gently removes resistant surface debris and impurities leaving skin fresh and conditioned. The addition of Glycolic Acid provides gentle exfoliation to improve skin tone and texture and prepare skin for epidermal peeling, while glycerin provides added moisturization to condition skin. This light gel is designed with a pH close to that of skin to thoroughly cleanse without stripping the barrier.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Skinceuticals New Purifying Cleansing Gel!
Anne C.
Auburn, WA
Skinceuticals New Purifying Cleansing Gel uploaded by Anne C.
SKINCEUTICALS Purifying Cleanser with Glycolic Acid SRP: US $35.00 Size: 200 mL/ 6.8 oz The Skinceuticals Purifying Cleanser is a gel cleanser infused with 3% concentration of glycolic acid and glycerin. It’s formulated with a pH close to our skin so it’s able to gently cleanse and exfoliate without stripping the moisture barrier. It’s suitable for all skin types: dry, normal, oily, combination, acne-prone, and dehydrated. It’s alcohol-free, fragrance-free, essential oil-free, and sulfate-free. It’s housed in a sturdy plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. This cleanser foams mildly and washes away easily, which are what I look for in my gel cleansers. Most have this belief that high foaming products (be it toothpaste, shampoo, or detergent) work well while low foaming products don’t. That is actually not true. Amount of foam has nothing to do with effectiveness. This cleanser is low foaming but does a good job of dissolving oil, dirt, and sunscreen. I use this as my only cleanser when I’m not wearing makeup and as a second cleanser when I am. I prefer to emulsify the cleanser on my hands instead of applying it directly on face. This, in my opinion, is less harsh on skin. I massage for 30 seconds or so then rinse. My skin is left feeling refreshed, smooth, and soft, never tight nor dry. It also helps in balancing oil. Despite the inclusion of AHA, this cleanser is non-irritating and non-sensitizing even with daily use. I truly enjoy using this and will repurchase when I run out. Cons: The glycolic acid in this is low plus it’s a rinse off product so the acid probably won’t do much for the skin. However, there is still risk of purging to those new to acids. Purging happens when you get breakouts on areas where pimples usually appear. This is a normal process that happens if the product is effective and speeding up rate of skin turnover. This usually start to improve on the fourth week.
Larissa R.
Jenkintown, PA
I’m only giving 4 stars because of the price. I think it’s a lil bit pricey. In general is a good cleansing gel, it’s easy to apply and it smells good. I felt a difference compared to other cleansing gels I used in terms of not drying my skin. I’d buy it again. I have oily and acne skin.
Dia D.
Purchased this from dermatologist’s office. It’s a nice and gentle cleanser but not the One I am looking for.
Mae K.
Collingswood , NJ
Pricey - this is a decent face wash but I have others I prefer for better cost and results!
Jesse W.
Houma
This product is great for my morning routine. It leaves my skin soft and gets rid of any over drying. The skincare line is amazing and this product did not disappoint. All I need is a dime size of the product so it last a long time.
Emma S.
Sarasota, FL
I absolutely love Skinceuticals brand. This is one of my favorite cleansers. It gets off the makeup and gunk from the day without any harshness. It has a fresh soft clean scent and conditioners to keep my face moisturized. It is one of the best in my skincare arsenal!
Samantha F.
Columbia , MO
This product was amazing. It left my skin feeling fresh and revitalized. My face was smooth and clean! I’m obsessed!
Zaneta O.
FLUSHING, NY
I just tried this gel cleanser for the first time yesterday. It has a very light acid for enzyme exfoliation. I haven't begun noticing any peeling yet but I have been moisturizing immensely since I used it in hopes of making it gradual and unnoticeable.

The gel goes a long way. It's clear and spreads easily. It wasn't harsh and it didn't burn or tingle or anything. I used it in conjunction with my sonic cleanser so it would penetrate a bit deeper and the amplify the exfoliation results.

It completely de-greased my oily skin. It also assisted in bringing some blemishes I had to the surface for easy extraction. It cleaned out my pores very well. Overall my skin looked more even and toned.

Winifer B.
miramar, FL
I really love this cleanser because it doesn’t dry out my skin and it helps me control my acne, I don’t have severe acne but I do get one or two pimples when I’m getting my period.
Esha P.
Holy grail for and skin!!!!!! If you have breakouts or oily skin this is a great product. I got it from the plastic surgeons and they said almost everyone who buys it loves it. It is a bit pricey but well worth it for you skin!

Looking for your answer?