BY SKIN MEDICA

Delivers vitamin A derivatives to skin via a sustained release system Improves skin texture & accelerates exfoliation Reduces appearance of fine lines signs of aging Tri-retinol complex boosts cell renewal & provides antioxidant defense Leaves skin smooth & young looking Suitable for all skin types To use: Apply in the evening to cleansed & toned skin before moisturizing see more...

Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Los Angeles, CA
I would give this a 3 rating for myself, but because my skin can tolerate this surprisingly well I have to give it a 4 because others might be more sensitive starting on retinol products. I'll say that this is a very pricey retinol product but it also has anti-aging benefits, skin repairing agents and antioxidants in one bottle. Powerhouse. You can also occasionally find it cheaper than regular shelf price. Mix it in with a moisturizer or layer it under an oil and BOOM, great skin the morning after. I will absolutely repurchase, but I will moving onto the .5 Complex because I feel that it will be more effective. I can use this 3-4 times a week and experienced slight dryness around my chin for the first few weeks and that's it. No peeling, no irritation, no redness, no breakouts or "purging." I haven't noticed long-term effects because I've only been using retinol for the past 6 months, and this particular product for the last 3. However, I do feel that my face looks more revived and less dull than it did prior to use.
Kate G.
Kate G.
This was a fantastic product to start with when plunging into the world of retinol products. Vitamin A derivatives help increase production of collagen over time, making skin appear plumper and with fewer fine lines and wrinkles. The antioxidants in the product were moisturizing and I had very little peeling that wasn't manageable. Further more, my skin felt moisturized after this product -- not something that always happens with products containing retinol. I recommend it as a starting product.