BY SKIN MEDICA

Delivers vitamin A derivatives to skin via a sustained release system Improves skin texture & accelerates exfoliation Reduces appearance of fine lines signs of aging Tri-retinol complex boosts cell renewal & provides antioxidant defense Leaves skin smooth & young looking Suitable for all skin types To use: Apply in the evening to cleansed & toned skin before moisturizing see more...

Ashley C.
Rotonda West, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Perfect beginning retinol complex! SkinMedica is a terrific medical grade line and I highly recommend all of their products, which I normally don't do. I am more of a take a product one at a time person, but this line has been fabulous. I do use other products for here and there (DE Lala Cream is amazing, as is Dermatologica hydrating booster is the bomb & Peter Roth's unwrinkle pads), but so many SkinMedica products can't be beaten. I am about to move up to the 0.5 retinol strength, but wanted to start slowly since I also use other anti-aging serums. This complex is fantastic as it is fragrance-free, moisturizing, has antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients and repairing agents. It has helped my skin tone, texture and resiliency while diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. Because the use of retinol requires extra skin protection of sunscreen, I added the AWESOME Kiss My Face 30 spf (which is wonderful in its own right). This retinol complex is more of a lotion consistency than serum, which I like because I have dry skin. It's just the best. Definitely give it a try, you won't be sorry! A+
Amanda S.
Los Angeles, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would give this a 3 rating for myself, but because my skin can tolerate this surprisingly well I have to give it a 4 because others might be more sensitive starting on retinol products. I'll say that this is a very pricey retinol product but it also has anti-aging benefits, skin repairing agents and antioxidants in one bottle. Powerhouse. You can also occasionally find it cheaper than regular shelf price. Mix it in with a moisturizer or layer it under an oil and BOOM, great skin the morning after. I will absolutely repurchase, but I will moving onto the .5 Complex because I feel that it will be more effective. I can use this 3-4 times a week and experienced slight dryness around my chin for the first few weeks and that's it. No peeling, no irritation, no redness, no breakouts or "purging." I haven't noticed long-term effects because I've only been using retinol for the past 6 months, and this particular product for the last 3. However, I do feel that my face looks more revived and less dull than it did prior to use.
Kate G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This was a fantastic product to start with when plunging into the world of retinol products. Vitamin A derivatives help increase production of collagen over time, making skin appear plumper and with fewer fine lines and wrinkles. The antioxidants in the product were moisturizing and I had very little peeling that wasn't manageable. Further more, my skin felt moisturized after this product -- not something that always happens with products containing retinol. I recommend it as a starting product.