BY SKINFOOD #66 in Face Masks

Ship with free samples of skin food (a-poly only). Apply evenly after cleansing and avoid eye and mouth area, gently scrub. see more...

• Has anyone used this? Thinking about trying a new skin mask and w...3 Answers
  • I would love to try this out. Sadly, my skin has been losing its ...2 Answers
  • How do you qualify to receive samples like these??? 2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I really like this mask. It is safe for sensitive skin types and is very gentle. You massage it into your skin for about 10 minutes and then let it set for another 5 before rinsing the mask off. It leaves my skin feeling soft and it gets rid of dead skin cells on the surface of your skin. I have sensitive skin and this product works well for me. I would recommend this and repurchase this product. " in 64 reviews
Julie L.
Pennsauken, NJ
Skinfood has done it again! Another mask for bright, youthful, glowing skin! The rice is super gentle and not harsh for those with sensitive skin as well. I always notice my skin looking more dewy and tighten after I use this! Feels extremely baby soft as well. The secret to this is rice. You may only think rice as something delicious to eat... but it’s delicious to the skin too with its anti- aging, brightening, and inflammatory properties. Plus it smells so clean! if you’re looking for a more exfoliating mask from skinfood - the sugar one is the one for you. The rice mask is more for brightening and moisturizing as it is a gentle, creamy mask! Recommend to everyone!
Chloe D.
San Marcos, TX
I've only used this exfoliating mask 3 times , and so far I like how gentle this is on the skin. This has a creamy consistency with rice granules that aren't as hard as one would expect. Despite the fact that this contains alcohol, I don't get the displeasing drying/tightening effects that usually accompany that ingredient. My face feels so smooth and slightly brighter after using this product. Since this is so gentle, I'm sure those with sensitive skin could use this more often than other exfoliants. On another note, those who are seeking a deep exfoliation should opt for another product. The only thing I disliked about this product was the fragrance. I find that it smells artificially string. Nevertheless, result wise I enjoy this product and plan on using it long-term.
Anna G.
I have really dry skin but exfoliating everyday irritates my skin way too much. I saw this product say you have to run for 10 minutes and I figured I could just try that with any face scrub at home. I was wrong. My whole face broke out. So I went to ulta and finally decided to try this and OMG. You do have to rub this in for 10 minutes but while your rubbing the product texture changes and my skin barely got red at all even after 10 minutes of rubbing. My face wasn't irritated at all and you could definitely use this everyday. My dry skin completely goes away for a few days after using this. A few mins after you rinse it your skin won't feel that soft yet but about 10 minutes later it seriously feels like baby skin. 15/10 would recommend!
Valerie M.
I got a sample of the Tatcha rice powder cleanser and immediately search everywhere for a possible dupe. This was the ONLY rice facial cleanser I could find in Ulta (I thought it was powder too, my fault for not reading the ingredients) and it performed well. Not really a dupe for theirs, but I did like the light, rice milk smell and the gentle scrub from the rice granules. It has all the right ingredients for softening and sensitive skin. I just didn't feel like my skin was cleansed enough after. As a mask, I'm sure its lovely though. Softness factor is a definite benefit of this product!!
Leslie D.
Corinth
This is a mild exfoliating mask with a what I would call a soft, grainy texture. I feel as though it is a very gentle physical exfoliant and leaves my skin smooth and hydrated. I do enjoy using this mask, especially in the winter when my skin can be very dry and flaky. My only complaint, which could be user error, is that I am not sure how long to leave it on. It never seems to really dry down, so I usually leave it on for about five minutes then rinse it off. It still works well though, and shouldn't be a deterrent in purchasing.
Alice L.
Chicago
While in Hong Kong, I bought this mask at a Skin Food store after hearing so many great reviews on it.

It has a very nice light fragrance and had consistency of congee (it is a rice mask). There were small granules (I think it could have been crushed rice?) to help exfoliate the skin. It wasn't harsh and was soft.

I applied an adequate amount over my face and massaged in circular motions for a few minutes. I left it on for 10-15 minutes before washing off. After washing it off, my skin was surprisingly soft! Incredibly soft! BUT it only lasted a couple minutes before my face started feeling itchy and dry. I had to continue on with my usual skin regime which made my skin lose the texture from the mask.

For ~$10, it can be worth the fun of a few minutes of baby soft skin. I don't think it's great for long term use though. The results aren't lasting and it dried out my skin.
Annie O.
Jacksonville, FL
This product worked ok for me! I’ve definitely tried better. I was simply expecting a little more from it. I don’t think it did any thing bad to my skin so I don’t necessarily have anything bad to say about it, but it also just didn’t do much for me! But can we take a moment to talk about packaging? So cool! Haven’t really seen packaging like it and it is nice and compact so it makes it ideal to travel with!
Kelsey P.
Rexburg, ID
This is a good wash off mask. It instantly makes my skin feel soft. It has little chunks, kind of like tapioca pudding. So I prefer to put the on in the shower on days when I do a hair mask and let is dry on my skin and wash it off cause getting all the little pieces off over the sink is kind of a hassle. I prefer sheet masks but I love this gentle wash off mask!
Rachel B.
I will begin by saying that I've only used this mask around 3 times, but I'm not blown away by this mask, but I don't hate it either. It has a softer texture than some of the other scrubs I've used. This can definitely be used daily because its not as harsh. Although, it's harder to see any results, it didn't break my skin out and dry it out significantly.
Benjamin G.
Love love this mask - great for dry sensitive skin. Immediately feels moisturized and nourished after taking it off. It smells really good when you first open it and use it but after a week or two the fresh clean smell goes away. Also tickles your face a little when you have it on - makes you want to scratch your face. Overall great though!
Aimee S.
I've tried the ski food black sugar mask and I'm in love with the way it exfoliates. Does this particular product provide great exfoliating properties?
Carla Z.
morristown, NJ
How does this compare to the black sugar mask ?
Tammy V.
Has anyone used this? Thinking about trying a new skin mask and wonder if this was worth the price. I have combination, sensitive, and acne prone skin.
I have been reviewing this but scared to try. Does it makes your skin turn redness and dry?
Joselin M.
Tulsa, OK
I would love to try this out. Sadly, my skin has been losing its glowy look because of the make up they put on me for the fashion shows that I attend. I'm looking for something to give me that healthy skin look. Can I try this out and give it a shot?