Add a Photo

#16 in BB Cream
Photos (15)
Sarah D.
Sarah D.

I loved the Skin79 ViP Gold bb cream, and wanted to try this one out because it is more yellow based. I do like the Oriental in that it is much better in covering up redness, but it is very shimmery (pink-gold shimmer), so it makes my cheeks, my forehead, and my chin very dewy (not so much oily but just super light-reflecting due to the shimmer). While VIP Gold looks fine in photographs, this does not. The Oriental does build up to full coverage; if you plan to go this route, wait for one coat to sink in for 5 minutes before reapplying and take note that this will make the face look a bit cakey on very close inspection (from more than a few inches away, it is not that noticeable, so better than the average full coverage foundation. I have used Laura Mercier's silk creme full coverage foundation and it is very easy to tell from afar it was cakey). Worth a try if you are looking for full coverage. Otherwise, the VIP Gold is the better one to go with.
Amanda N.
Amanda N.
Columbus, OH

My Skin: Sensitive, Eczema, Extremely Dry, Fair

Skin 79 makes many wonderful bb creams. I don't seem to quite like the Oriental Gold Plus version as much as the Gold VIP and Pink Triple Function BB creams (go check those out). For lack of a better description, this BB cream felt sticky and off on my face. Coverage is minimal. The color to the Oriental version runs a little darker and less ashy than the others.

The lip and cheek tint on the other hand is adorable and goes on beautifully! Sadly, the cream itself is lackluster compared to others in its line. It is still better than most American, drugstore brands, but I would definitely NOT recommend this one to someone of my skin type.

Recap: Try the VIP Gold Triple Function BB cream or the Hot Pink Edition! For more coverage, Lioele's Beyond the Solution!
Chelsey S.
Chelsey S.
Carthage, IL

Most complaints I have read about this product is that it was too pale for certain complexions, but that is because the product was formulated for asian skin complexions. I myself am naturally redheaded and so pretty fair skinned. I have ordered this product several times over and I LOVE it! It goes on very smoothly, and covers most, if not all, blemishes and imperfections. After wearing this daily for a couple weeks, I started to notice my overall skin was changing... for the BETTER. I was having less acne, discoloration was fading, and my skin seemed softer and firmer. No cons for me!
Victoria d.
Victoria d.

I love this product so much the thing that got me most excited about this product is it comes with a little bonus! The Oriental Gold Plus has a little flip top lid on the top which when you open it, reveals a pink cream lip and cheek tint, complete with a mirror under the lid! I think this particular BB cream is great value for money as it is basically a 3 in 1 product. It's great if you need to rush and do your makeup on the go, and it saves you some space if you only have a little handbag.
Amy B.
Amy B.

I bought this a while ago on Amazon, and I think it works great! It offers minimal coverage, so nothing too thick and it does make me a shade lighter, but it's not too noticeable if I blend some of the cream on my neck (My face tends to be darker than the rest of my body at times). It's also lightweight, doesn't feel heavy on your face, AND includes SPF. I do get a bit annoyed with the applicator and it can get messy. It also works great with evening my skin tone. (:
Alyssia  S.
Alyssia S.

This is the best BB Cream. I remember years ago when BB Cream became very popular in asia - this was the brand that was recommended to me that would probably work the best on my "western skin". It's not quite a tinted moisturizer and not quite a foundation but it goes on so smooth and makes your skin look great - never makes your face look cakey! When we couldn't get it in Canada - I'd make my dad bring it home for me when he made trips to asia! So worth it! :)
Lavender O.
Lavender O.

I love buying skin 79 bb cream. I find that Asian cosmetics are such a greater quality than we have here in the western world. The quality is great and I would even go so far as to say this could be a foundation. It wears really well throughout the day , doesn't oxide and didn't give me and skin issues. I always use a primer with BB creams as they can be on the oily side but I had no problem! I would definitely give this a two thumbs up!
Gloria C.
Gloria C.
Allen, TX

I've always used Korean BB creams and I love it for the color for Asian skin and how lightweight it is compared to foundations. I use it all summer. I actually just finished a gold bottle and I started using it back in April everyday. It gives me a light coverage for a my skin but better look. It's not matte; it's more a light dewy color but just add some powder if needed. Loving the added spf to beat that sun. I get mine from Amazon.
jacqueline c.
jacqueline c.
SCARBOROUGH, ON

Another great brand in Asian BB creams, a little pricier than Missha but offers more quality ingredients. Very smooth finish, leaving skin crease free and offers very good coverage. Most BB creams from Asia are meant for people with oily skin, something us Asians suffer regularly, this keeps the oil away and provides a great matte finish. Covers up scars and pimples easily, low perfume odor and very long lasting.
Christina D.
Christina D.

I wasn't a fan of this. I tried it based off of rave reviews and while I do have pretty pale skin, this just made it even more pale. It also was not helpful for my oily/acne prone skin and exacerbated the problem, making me break out and quickly making me have grease face. I had to stop using it and toss it which is pity. I was really wanting to like this. I guess it works for others.

Join Now