SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Pitera Essence)

by SK-II

NULL

Is this toner or essence? i mean wats different between in toner and essence ?🤔 help
I have heard good things about this product but is it worth the price???
What are the benefits of an essence and why choose this one?
Start your review of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Pitera Essence)!
Product Highlights
“...alone is better than any other facial cream or serums out there. It's hydrating, pumping, anti anging- does not make your skin break out or leave you skin feeling irritable. It's lightweight and the fragrance is great also. ” in reviews
Honolulu, HI
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, IMO toners and essences are a beauty industry gimmick, however I see a definite improvement in my skin when layering essences, known as the “7 Skin Method”, certain essences. Not this one. I see this facial treatment essence everywhere. Many celebrities, many youtubers/beauty gurus swear by this product. and NO SHADE to those people. BUT i do not see or feel my skin has improved using this product. And I can't justify spending $100 on 2.5 oz of "fermented water". Using this product as a first step treatment alone did not improve my skin. I also tried layering this essence, the 7 skin method, and this is not the best essence for layering (versus the Blithe essences, or Fresh kombucha essence), just not enough added nutrients. After cleansing and toning, I pat a few drops into my skin. Then another layer. This is a light watery thin consistency essence, so I'll use this before other thicker essences. There's barely a smell, not flowery, not chemically. This is a great product, that's been around for a long time, especially in Asian skincare. I rarely hear complaints of irritation with this product which is great. You can make your own "rice water" at home for a lot cheaper. I will not repurchase. This is an expensive product. I will rather purchase another Essence that works better. I prefer essences to have more hydrating/botancial ingredients: amino acids, fatty acids, extracts, etc. Being part Chinese I understand the benefits/ritual/belief of rice water for great skin and hair. (If you are interested, look on youtube for "Women of Yao" or "longest hair in China"). ———————————————— MY TONER/ESSENCE SPIEL: This will explain my understanding of what are Toners and Essences. And how I differentiate and categorize them. These are classified differently by different people/brands/cultures. I categorize and apply these by viscosity and ingredients. Generally this is what I follow, after cleansing: —> Toner: watery, with cotton pad ——> FTE: watery, press into skin with hands ———> Essence: more viscous, more substances/ingredients TONERS: I consider these to be watery runny treatments, usually used with a cotton pad, sweeping product over the skin. aka astringent, “skin”, or FTE The Purpose: ▫️ to balance pH: after cleansing, your skin’s pH can be off, using a toner can help balance your skin (to support the barrier, a good pH is between 4.5 - 5.5) ▫️ to hydrate: adding hydrating properties back into the skin (glycerin or aloe) ▫️ to exfoliate: gentle chemical exfoliation, AHAs or BHAs, and/or blends (a salicylic toner can be used for those with acne) ▫️ first “prep” step: the first step of liquid hydration, start softening of skin, to help the next products penetrate better ESSENCES: I consider these to have more hydrating/anti-aging ingredients (amino acids, fatty acids, botanical extracts etc). My First Treatment Essences (FTEs, watery runny) are different than my layering Essences. The Purpose: ▫️ MAIN step of liquid hydration: softening the skin more, hydrating deeper layers of skin, more supple skin absorbs next products better (dry sponge doesn’t absorb much) ▫️ NO acids ▫️ NO alcohols or witch hazel (will dry out your skin) ▫️ NO fragrances SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Pitera Essence) SK-II
Las Vegas , NV
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Pitera Essence) uploaded by Gem G.
Purchased at: Sephora
I have reviewed SKII FTE before; i just wanted to add to it since I recently deceived to by the 11oz pump bottle (Value size) I normally just buy the deluxe size for $99.00 and/or the 6.7 oz I believe, correct me if I am wrong on the oz. for the $180.00 size. The pump value one would be the way to go if you can splurge for that amount $299- yes, very steep! However, the 99.00 deluxe size is only 3oz or, that’s a rip off! As I can go thru that bottle in 1-2 mos even with 3-4 small drops AM and PM; same with the next size, that one lasts about 4 mos tops.... the Value size for the price at 11oz will last you longer than a year! And will save you some money in the long run, keep in mind; as with any skin care products look at the expiration date on the back, as the FTE is only good for 12 mos. Not sure how the efficacy of it would be after 12 mos. i know i will finish this bottle before that... the only thing I don’t like about this bottle? It’s plastic! Which is great in case you drop it, it’s very expensive... However, as I can Remem back in the days they were glass, just like the other sizes, I wish SKII whole have kept the frosted glass for the pump size as it is more luxurious to look at on your counter, but who cares, this skin care is a game changer. I now religiously use SKII essence as oppose to my La Mer Essence. There is something about this Pitera, that makes my skin look so refreshed moments after you apply it, and it just feels better, makes you dewy from within and skin just looks healthier. Nothing wrong with the La mer as I use their cremes religiously, as far as the SKII essence; it is the only essence in the world 🌎 that I would use, I have great results from this line and I am 41 years old, I look like I’m in my early 30s no joke and 3 kids. Whenever I stop using the SKII FTE which I normally do, and switch to La mer for the next month or 2 (Rotating it) I lose that luster; that radiant look on my face and you can tell. This essence has been around for many years and it speaks volumes! Sometimes you will get the purging stage which is normal if you have never used essence with Pitera and/or healthy bacteria, it will make your pimples, acne etc purge them to the surface quicker to get rid of them faster... Do not stop using! Keep going, you will pass that ugly stage and it is well worth it! The crystal clear, glass skin is worth it in the end... 4 star because I hate the plastic bottle...
Puyallup, WA
I’ve been using this on and off for years and while I don’t quite understand the “miracle” status, I do like it. I started using it in my mid-twenties when I started suffering from adult acne. I think it did keep my pH levels in check because my combo skin felt even whenever I applied this but it didn’t totally clear my acne. Now in my mid-thirties (and acne-free!), I like to apply my serums and moisturizer to wet skin so I will reach for this or a hudrosol as my damp base. People often think I just graduated high school so it must be doing its thing with fine lines! I don’t think this is the type of product that is going to show you results overnight, it seems like a long-term thing. I will keep buying it, even though it’s expensive (reason for deducting a star) so clearly the price point isn’t a deal breaker. I really do enjoy how evenly balanced my skin feels when I use this, especially in the wintertime. My moisturizers always seem to absorb better when I use this first.
Elizabethton, TN
I used this product for a very long time and I loved it and still do. It’s very lightweight and wears well under makeup. I have extremely dry skin and this seemed to really help. Also I have sensitive skin and I have to be careful with my skincare but this never once broke me out. Also this will last you a very long time as you don’t need much that’s how I justified the high price tag but ultimately that’s why I only gave it 4 stars and have recently started trying to essence products and I have found some I really like for a much cheaper price point. But if I can get this is one of their holiday sets where it comes with 2 other travel size items from the line and full size of this product for the same price as the full size and plus get it when Sephora has their 20% off I do get it because it really is a great product and with both those deals I can’t pass it up.
2013, when I first tried it, I was finding a product that will even my skin tone, hydrating and not causing breakout, my mom shared her bottle with me. 2 weeks later, my dulled complexion changed that everybody can tell that my skin look brighter than ever. I was obsessed. and my mom bought me my own SK-II treatment essence. During my early 20s, my skincare routine only 3 steps, cleanse with cetaphil, treat with SK-II essence and protect with neutrogena spf 60. My skin like baby soft. 2015, beauty industry growth, my skin damaged from new products I had tried, took me a lot of time to fix it but I never regret, because I will always trying new things. 6 years of using SK-II treatment essence, on and off, gone thru too many bottles, I still repurchase it as a back up product that always make my skin glow.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the most amazing product I have purchased in a very long time. It is a true multitasker when it comes to all of the issues that I deal with having a bit older, mature skin. I’m talking about everything from sunspots to wrinkles to overall texture have been improved by a twice daily sweep of this amazingly light yet effective essence. I was skeptical of trying this as I felt that improvements would be from harsher topicals or heavier moisturizers. However incorporating this after waking and before bed for about 6 months now, this barely there product is a perfect match for my combination skin. For you ladies out there who are also trying to start young w excellent skincare habits, this is an amazing product that should be part of your preventative regimen as well.
San Francisco, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
This product has been an absolute game changer for me! I have combination skin - oily in my t zone and normal on my cheeks, and have been battling the oilyness for years. This product has helped balance the oil in my skin, making me less shiny throughout the day. It has made my skin look so smooth, glowy, and radiant. I’ve noticed that my pores look smaller and my skin looks more youthful. I apply the essence using my hands rather than a cotton pad so that I get the most out of this product (cotton pads will absorb some of the product). It has a slight funky smell but the results have been amazing for me! It has done what no other product I’ve tried has done for me. Would recommend everyone to try this product and see for yourself what it can do!
Brooklyn, NY
I have gone through two 100 mL essence bottles and I absolutely love this. The two bottles that I had last me about a year and a half (I was using it off and on). But when I used it regularly I always noticed how radiant and clear my skin was. I had very little dark spots from acne scars. I have used this product in several months and it’s the one product that I true miss in my regimen as I have a lot more acne scars from a never end right with cystic acne. So I will have to purchase a new bottle and the larger one they make. My biggest gripe is the price obviously I originally bought mine while I was in Hong Kong where it is significantly cheaper. How I’ve been unable to return to Asia so I guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy it here in the States.
Ithaca, NY
I love this product and will continue to use it, but it is insanely expensive for what it is. There's not very much evidence to back up their claims about Pitera, it's basically just yeast and I prefer to use products with more than one good ingredient, but for some reason this is still amazing. I never would've bought this, but I tried the SK-II sheet mask and was amazed by it, but I could not justify spending that much on a regular basis so I decided to try the essence. I'm not sure what it is about this, but every time I use it my skin feels so soft and bright. I gave it only 4 stars because I can't really say it's worth the money and it's more of a guilty pleasure than something I know is actually good for my skin.
Kent, WA
This product is the main part of my morning and night-time routine. I was skeptical in the beginning about using this product because it is definitely on the pricier side compared to other products I have used, but I don’t think I will ever be able to go back. Although it smells a little funky, I noticed that my skin has cleared SO much after I started using this product. I went to the products I used to use after I ran out, but noticed that my skin didn’t feel the same. I had dry flakes and my skin didn’t feel moisturized. After I ran out a couple times, I opted in for the Costco version because I knew this will be part of my daily skin care ritual along with the RNA Power New Age Cream!

538 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...