BY SK-II #17 in Toners & Astringents

Product Benefits:

• Replenishes skin’s moisture to help prevent skin dryness
  • Helps smoothen skin surface texture for soft & smooth skin
  • Helps moderate skin’s renewal cycle
  • Penetrates better than a cream

How to Use:

Step 1: Sprinkle a teaspoon of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence into hands

Step 2: Tap gently and evenly into face and neck to enhance absorption

Step 3: Layer with Serum, Moisturizer and sunscreens

Click here for More information:https://ignitesma.box.com/s/ek6v5jfwr9d7ly89nbgf7ydlwtbwty1z

When to use it:

For Best results - Use the Facial Treatment Essence after cleansing and toning your skin.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Additionoal Product Information

SK-II's signature product, the much-loved and most awarded bestseller, Facial Treatment Essence has over 90% Pitera, the miracle ingredient discovered over 30 years ago that remains essentially unchanged till today

Its irreplaceable formula gently exfoliates the face and helps moderate the skin surface renewal cycle. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence helps to improve the appearance of 5 dimensions of beautiful, crystal clear skin: spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear.

Beauty essences first became popular in Asia. They are designed to be used just after cleansing and before any other products are used. Essences infuse the skin with nutrients and moisture. They are usually water-like in consistency, but are very concentrated in their ingredients.  An essence is the most concentrated version of an ingredient that can go into the skin. SK-II chose a nutrient rich liquid to use for our Facial Treatment Essence because it penetrates faster and easier than a serum formula. Think of a flowerpot:  If you pour water on the surface, it penetrates through the dirt to the bottom of the pot. If you poured oil on the surface, it would just sit on top.

Reviews (1963)
Steffanie E.
Steffanie E.
Old bridge , NJ
Strangely enough, the very first 24 hours of use were the best. I noticed an immediately smoothness to my skin the morning after I first used it, but unfortunately, that smoothness didn’t continue or improve. My skin did not necessarily worsen, but I just felt that it was an unnecessary step in my routine that wasn’t providing any notable improvements. Dryness seemed to be slightly alleviated, but being more oily/combination, dryness is only something I experience post-Retin A usage and I didn’t notice any significant changes by using the essence. It definitely penetrates better than a cream simply because it’s a liquid. Once you press it into your skin, it has a weird (but very mild) spit scent (yes, like your saliva.. kind of gross but not intolerable lol) and it also feels slightly tacky to the touch. As for moderating my skin’s renewal cycle, I would have to say no.

I think this may be a product best suited for those with normal/dry to dry skin who are looking for something to slightly boost their skin’s hydration level in addition to their standard moisturizer. It is not something I feel is a necessity, but perhaps a nice treat for those preparing for a special life event – wedding, anniversary, big trip/vacation.
Stacy R.
Stacy R.
Stanley, Hong Kong
I have been using SK-II Facial Treatment Essence for several years now, and it has become a staple of my skincare routine. Ever since I began using the essence, gently patting it into my skin with a cotton pad, my skin has steadily improved. Pitera must be some mild panacea for most skincare concerns, because in using this product my redness has gone down, my pores have seemed to tightened and I NEVER get breakouts anymore. Mind you, it's not as though I don't have redness or enlarged pores anymore – this product, imo, isn't a miracle. But it is like 2 inches short of one.
One added bonus? The Pitera has really brightened my complexion. Many Asian skincare products advertise "brightening" products that are really skin whitening products, which really isn't my thing. The Facial Treatment Essence, on the other hand, has brought brightening back. After several weeks or months of daily morning/nightly use, I can almost guarantee you'll develop a nice natural glow – among other positive results. In sum, this product is awesome – one of my Holy Grails – and the hype around it  is pretty much justified.
Mint M.
Mint M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a fan of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence for years since I was working in Japan. They are quite famous in Asia as "Miracle Water"
Lots of people misunderstood that it is K-beauty. I am positive that SK-II is a Japanese Brand. They are first invented in Japan and their factory is still there. (They are all "Made in Japan")
‪SK-II‬ Facial Treatment Essence has mixed reviews even in Asia, you are either gonna love it or hate it. For people who love it, it is really amazing to your skin. At the same time, some people notice nothing or even have an unpleasant reaction. (Well.. You all know that our skins are different)
I'm lucky enough to be one of those who love it so much. (Bye bye money 💸💸)
It makes my skin glow and soft, look better and healthier. Sadly, it's been in and out my skincare routine due to the expensive price but I do love it.
I found that prepared your skin with SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion first and follow with the essence will give you the best result.
Yes, it is expensive but really worth the price. One of the best skincare products I have ever tried.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Vancouver, WA
My day was made when Influenster chose me to sample this product! I'm 5 months pregnant and my skin has been dull, uneven, patchy, etc. My once oily skin is now dry-combination. I've been trying various masks and have been switching up my facial moisturizers (day and night) and nothing seemed to make a very obvious difference like the SK-II essence. I've tried dozens of different sheet masks, Freeman Beauty masks, Avon skin care, The Body Shop, etc and I've barely seen a difference despite boosting my skin care regime into overtime.

This essence takes 30 seconds to apply and it makes my skin feel hydrated and my skin feels like it's back to it's normal, perfect self. Prior to pregnancy, I had the perfect skin care regime that left my skin looking healthy, clear, and radiant. After pregnancy, I lost my perfect skin that I worked to hard to achieve. I'm happy to say that I at least have a glimmer of hope at having my pre-pregnancy skin back even while my hormones are out of whack.
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Like other reviewers, the price had me second guessing this product! I was nervous to love it because If I do....Will I ever be able to get it again? After seeing that Cate Blanchett was the spokesperson for the product I was a little more assured about the pricetag...have you seen her face!? She is skincare goals! Anyway, I should say that this was my first essence and I very much enjoyed it! It was different to try to put on a toner-esque product with my hands and not a cotton but it worked just fine. The product sinks into your skin almost immediately so you can carry on the rest of your steps. There is no smell which will be an added bonus to most! I can't comment on it's ability to help with skin renewal but If I continue to use it down the road I may see results in the future. I do think that it helped to moisturize! Overall, I'm please with the product and would recommend it (if you have the pennies saved to purchase!)
Christine C.
Christine C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am beyond ecstatic to be able to try the SkII skin essence product from @influenster. Years of research went into this product that was really found by suprise and is truly a compelling turning point for skin care. My review would be hard to say how well my skin has improved bc I believe this product would have to be used day in and out foot years to come to show is true benefits. It has a very little, hardly noticeable scent familiar of sake. But I really couldn't detect it. It's consistency and appearance is just like water. I've been using it morning and night right after washing my face before my other skincare regimens. Some I believe time can only tell, I do feel a vast improvement in my overall appearance after adding this to my routine. Thank you @influenster @skii @skii_us for the Chance to try. I recommend it, and plan to purchase in the future. All opinions are my own and this just my review #myessence #skii
May V.
May V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to invest in great skincare so I finally decided to purchase this after reading great reviews about it at Sephora. I use this after I apply my SK-II facial treatment clear lotion (toner), supposedly it works better that way. I've heard from some reviews that it broke them out and after awhile it worked; unfortunately for me, that happened. I realize after using it the third day, trying to figure out which product broke me out, the toner or the FTE? It was the FTE. I'm not sure why it does that but after a week and half using it everyday, I saw results, I didn't have redness or little bumps where it broke me out anymore, my face was brighter and less dull looking. I can't describe it but my face looked more healthier. If the price scares you, look into the Korean dupe called Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence, wayyyy less expensive than SK-II.
Claire S.
Claire S.
Austin, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using this product twice a day everyday since I received it. Some people think this is a serum, while others think this is more like a toner. Based on the results I had while using this, I think it acted more like a toner. It did an amazing job sloughing off the top layer of my skin, responsible for dullness and uneven skin tone, revealing a fresher, skin underneath. I used it as directed - couple of drops on my hand then I pressed my hands together for a few seconds to warm the product up before patting it on my face. Although this essence is non-drying, it is definitely non-hydrating either. A moisturizer is a must after applying this. Now why just 3 stars? I get these same results using the Pixie Glow toner or a retinol-based moisturizer like the Neutrogena Night Repair without the heavy price tag. And I am talking exact, SAME results.
Jacqueline N.
Jacqueline N.
I have been testing this out for the past 2 weeks and I wanted to find it lacking but it exceeded my expectations! I have dry and sensitive skin so I was hoping this product would not break me out and it hasn't.

I apply this product with my hands after toner and before serum and moisturizer. I have noticed fewer hormonal break-outs, my skin is softer and is so much more hydrated. The hydration alone would have made me a believer but it has evened out my skin tone as well.

I took out a star because of how expensive it is but I will absolutely be purchasing a full size myself when I run out of this sample. I estimate one ounce to last 3-4 weeks with twice daily use. Highly recommend for people with my skin type.

I was provided a complimentary sample by Influenster for testing purposes and my reviews are my honest opinions.
Katie L.
Katie L.
Portland , OR
Alright - the first time I heard of this product many years ago, I thought "what the heck?" But after reading so many articles and reviews praising this product, I purchased it. And I've repurchased it for YEARS now! I am not 100% sure what it does scientifically, but I LOVE what it DOES to MY SKIN. It absorbs so quickly, it never irritates, it's reliable and provides a glow and cell turnover without any irritation. Yes, it is expensive. But, I keep repurchasing as I love it. I rotate it with Missha Essence now AND I am hoping they compliment each other so I can save a bit of moula and keep all the benefits. Tip : no need to use cotton balls or cotton pads as this will waste the product. I splash onto my palms and pay onto my face. I saw someone mention she uses a spray bottle - I'm going to try that next!
Yolanda P.
Yolanda P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How do I use this product? How many times a day? Does it really work? Is it worth the price?
Kaitlyn P.
Kaitlyn P.
When is the best time to use this, morning, night or both?
Sandra K.
Sandra K.
Is this worth the price?
Krissie F.
Krissie F.
New Bedford, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I knew this is a great product from the reviews but it isn't cheap. is it really worth dishing out over $100 for this when I can get something else cheaper that may do the same thing?
Tenzing S.
Tenzing S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it work on oily skin?