BY SK-II

SK-II’s signature product and highly awarded best-seller. Essentially unchanged for more than 35 years, this essence transforms all five dimensions of your skin to crystal clear – spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated.

Galactomyces ferment filtrate*, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, aqua (water), sodium benzoate, methylparaben, sorbic acid *PITERA™

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
  • "I've heard great things about this product, some might say the missha essence is better, some say that this it a little over priced. My opinion is, despite its pricey lable tag there's a reason why Asians go for this product, there's a reason why Chinese travel to South Korea and buy skII in bulk. The product does work, it does wonders to the skin, it's unlike any British skin care.. It's 1000% more concentrated with goodness and this product alone is better than any other facial cream or serums out there. It's hydrating, pumping, anti anging- does not make your skin break out or leave you skin feeling irritable. It's lightweight and the fragrance is great also. " in 118 reviews
Britta F.
Sanbornton, NH
The first thing I would like to say is that I did receive this bottle for free from the actual company and as I reviewed it I realize that I would probably spend $100 on this bottle again because it did you do a very good job of what the product says and claims it does. The essence is supposed to get really deep into your skin allowing the products that you are following with allowing them to absorb better and deeper into the skin. I did notice the main claim I would put this on after cleansing my face every night and then follow with my serum or moisturizer and did notice that the product absorbed better into my skin when using the essence but I also noticed that more and more my skin was becoming Clearer with much less breakouts and I started to have a lot less acne during the time I used the bottle which was the smallest bottle you can buy of the essence for $100 retail price. The only drawback is that it is $100 and it only lasted me around 2 1/2 months (as I did use this every night and a few times a week in the morning free cleaning. Therefore the higher in price tag being $100 bottle of essence every 2 1/2 months for those of us that are not wealthy, that can really add up and would be a little bit too much money for me to lend at the moment for an essence. Although if I did have the money highly recommend any one(women and men) who are in there 20’ and up. Also surprisingly I saw improvement in all different types of concerns I have like wrinkles, as I said before; acne, and also things like texture and tone in my skin. IF you have the money to go out and continue to use this product every few months I would highly recommend trying this out I know that you will definitely see results in one way or another I believe this is for all types of skin; dry, oily, combination and all other, and that’s the best part about this product!
Jenny W.
Flushing, NY
I know, when I saw the price tag on this I cringed, a lot. But when I started to use it I noticed a difference in my skin. I was so surprised. This product has saved my skin. I have rosacea and this somehow makes me less read which is good. Plus it leaves my skin hydrated and soft. I know that my skin was going crazy as I got older and didn't know why, no matter what I did it, my skin on my cheeks started to feel dry and rough. I used this essence and that all changed. My skin is like what it was in my 20's and I just can't believe it.
It helps so much in the winter when the temperature drops into single digits. My skin is still hydrated and there are no rough patches or dry patches of skin.
I know the price is a huge reason people don't try this. But it's totally worth it. I also know some people aren't using the product correctly. It goes on AFTER the toner. So it's in this order ---> cleanser --> Toner --> essence --> serum ---> moisturizer
And some people put it on a cotton pad and rub it into their skin. Don't rub it! I made the same mistake too! Pat it it gently into your skin, don't slap your face, pat it. I use my hands because I can't let the cotton pad soak up this extra essence! I need every drop of it! This is my one splurge item of the year and I'm going to stand by it!
Kien S.
Manassas, VA
Review for: Other more...
My HOLY GRAIL. I have been using this FTE for 3 years now and I can never start my day or go to sleep without patting it on my face. It has become my ritual.

I was so skeptical at first for two reasons: price and ingredients. Everyone knows how pricey SKII products are so spending $200 something on a 230ml bottle of essence is kinda crazy. Secondly, the ingredient list is very simple, just PITERA.

But when I started using it, the more I use it, the more I see why it is so popular. My skin is so glowy, radiant, smooth and extremely hydrated. I did try some other dupes to cut down the cost but none of them work as well as SKII FTE even though those products contain more promising ingredients.

I use FTE three ways, i pour it on my cotton pad and pat it on my skin for 1-2 mins. Or I will pour it in my palm, rub my hands and pat it on my face. Or I will use it as lotion mask when I need extra care.

If you never try it before, you definitely should. And If you do and somehow feel like it doesn’t work, use it my ways and give it at least 1-2 months to see how Pitera transforms your skin.
Mina Y.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Other more...
The infamous SK-II. I recently bought this product in Singapore during a layover at Changi Airport. I've heard so much things about it so I decided why not give it a try. Out of all the skin care products I use for my face, I would never forget the Essence and the Serum. For me, those two are the most important things.

So I use this right after I place toner to prep my skin for it. Essence basically feels like water. Just pure liquid when you pour on your hand. SK-II essence has a distinct smell. Kinda strong and let's say "bitter". I wouldn't describe it as pungent but definitely like alcohol (the one you drink). I then apply it on my face using a cotton pad to spread it evenly. You immediately feel the effect. Kinda cold and sharp on your face. Not too harsh but almost. Definitely not soft on the skin like a serum is. But your skin feels very refreshed after putting this product. I've been using this product for probably 2months now and my skin has never felt more smooth or soft. And it gives your skin a glow that makes you look more youthful. This product is definitely a 5 star for me. It's slightly expensive but so worth it.
Sheila a.
Wilmington
Review for: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence more...
I really wanted to like this, and honestly I don't disbelieve people who
say it's incredible for their skin. Unfortunately, lately I've been
struggling with what I'm jokingly calling my second puberty- for a good
while now i couldn't pin down what exactly was breaking me out so badly.
Usually i can get several spots if I am unlucky, but honestly almost
every surface of my face is breaking out- even places that usually never
broke out. I've changed my pillow cases every night, wash my face with a
dedicated barrage of products that have always worked quite well for
me, and even tried a good number of new and old things. I got some
Sephora samples of acne treatments, nothing. I went back to the old face
wash I used to use before i fell in love with purity, since the
ingredient list now suited my skin issues again. I tried everything I
could think of, and honestly I couldn't say this was the problem- but
I'm going to use it only on my chest and hands/arms for now and see if
that helps. It's the only thing I've really kept in. I have several
moisturizers, sunscreens, toners, etc. It may not be this product's
fault, I'll admit, but I've given it down to nearly the end of the
bottle because I really wanted it to work for me and I'm afraid my skin
is just in worse condition than before. It did give me a nice fresh
feeling, and a healthy glow. Apart from the spots and ravaging my face
with drying acne stuff in areas because I was frustrated, my skin
texture itself seems fine. I hope at least some of the benefits in this
bottle were absorbed into my skin. I think I'd honestly try it again,
but only when my skin is clear and I've got a fresh bottle. If it starts
up again, then, I'll have to accept that this might not be for me and
return it. Or only use it in certain areas, like around the eyes, chest,
or arms. I think skincare for the whole body is important, so I
wouldn't mind- but for now I'm gonna have to say it wasn't a hit with
me. I'm jealous if it worked for you, though. The smell gets worse as
time goes on as well, I've noticed. But it didn't linger on the face.
Something to think about, as well.
Lauren h.
Brookline
Basically the holy grail of Asian skincare regime. I heard the hype literally all throughout my teenage years/college years/grad school years. Finally decided to try because I got a gift card from bloomingdale’s. I heard it can be a hit or a miss depending on the skin type. I think this is great if you have dry or mature skin type looking for improvement in skin texture and dullness. I did notice that my skin texture has improved (in the areas where I have clear skin already, they are so smooth!) and so has my dullness after ~3 wks. I think you need to transition your skin into it though. The first week, I used it twice a day everyday, but I think it was clogging pores as I got a few new small whiteheads in areas I normally didn’t. So second week, I used it once every other day, then 3rd week, I’ve been using it once a day. Whiteheads have gone away. It does nothing for inflammatory acne though. It doesn’t make them worse though.
I hate the fermented scent but it doesn’t last that long.
jtm. M.
San Jose, CA
Review for: Destiny more...
Very good. I learned about this product about 16 years ago through my friends aunt who was around 40 years old at the time. She had her medicine cabinet filled with only SK II and she looked like to me at the time in her late 20s. Fast forward, I started using this product in 2012 when my skin took a change and turned very dry to the point of sensitivity and was even swollen. All the skincare I used before didn’t work anymore. My close friend gave me a sample bottle of this essence she got as a gift and said that her friend that used it swore by it. To me I thought “uh this is expensive water “. But immediately when I tried it I saw a change within a week.... my skin was slowly healing itself and regained elasticity from the dryness. After that I bought a full sized bottle with a gift card I saved up and never look back. This is more than water, it’s a “treatment essence”.
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
Over the years, I had heard great things about this so called “miracle water” so I was excited when SK-II gave me the opportunity to sample it in exchange for my honest opinion. First, let me start off by saying that I love the packaging for SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. It looks so fancy and sophisticated. It comes in a red, shiny box and the bottle is frosted glass. The opening is small, so you can control how much comes out; therefore there is no loss of product if the bottle is accidentally knocked over. To be honest when I first tried this product I didn’t expect much because the product looked like plain water with a vague alcohol scent. However, after using this product for the last 3 weeks I have seen huge improvements in my skin. My skin now feels so soft and smooth and it looks so radiant and healthy. It also did a tremendous job of lightening some of the acne scarring that I had on my face. I use it once in the morning and once at night after cleansing my skin. Instead of using a cotton ball to apply, I pour a little bit in the palm of my hand I then rub my hands together and finally I gently pat the product onto my face and neck. This product may be really expensive but it goes a long way and it will do wonders for your skin. I give Sk-II Facial Treatment Essence two thumbs up!
Cassandra K.
Review for: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence more...
I have heard sooo many people talk about this facial essence and how it has been nothing but great things happen to their skin. I decided to give it a try and I fell in love. It makes my skin feel so supple. I used this after I wash my face and applied toner. I drop 4 drops into my hands and pat it onto my face. Then I let that sit for a bit before I apply my eye cream. I have repurchased this multiple times during the Sephora sale in November - the best time to splurge on makeup to get some money back. Since I love it so much that I purchased the big bottle with the pump so that I would not run out of this. This bottle has lasted me so long. I purchased this December 2017 and I am still using the same bottle. I used this day and night.
Nikki N.
Lenexa, KS
If there was only one word I could use to describe this product it would be; effective. If you want to see quick and majorly noticeable changes in your skin this is a must have. At first I was apprehensive, a product that looks like water can really do all that? YES it can. I was so impressed by the results I have continued to purchase this and use it daily. It has seriously improved numerous problems I was having with my skin. I have noticed a major difference in the discoloration in my skin, it’s now completely even with a much smoother texture. The sun damage and dark spots have completely faded and blend into my skin. I love using this to balance, neutralize and tone to get my skin in a neutral place so it accepts the make up I put on it. It’s is extremely exfoliating and removes all of the dead skin and debris, leaving my skin completely clean and smooth. Overall my skin is glowing, much smoother, all over even, much firmer and supple. My fine lines and wrinkles have diminished - my skin honestly looks 10 years younger. It’s almost impossible to find other products that give me the results SK-II has given me. I stopped the search and am thankful to have an incredible toner I know I can always count on. I recommend this product more than any other out of all toners or essences.
Yolanda P.
How do I use this product? How many times a day? Does it really work? Is it worth the price?
Kaitlyn P.
When is the best time to use this, morning, night or both?
Sandra K.
Is this worth the price?
Melody W.
Cedar Park, TX
Has anyone tried the Missha brand? How does this brand compare. I want to know if it’s worth the money since this one is easier to find in stores then Missha.
Krissie F.
New Bedford, MA
I knew this is a great product from the reviews but it isn't cheap. is it really worth dishing out over $100 for this when I can get something else cheaper that may do the same thing?

Sephora