BY SK-II #13 in Toners & Astringents

SK-II’s signature product and highly awarded best-seller. Essentially unchanged for more than 35 years, this essence transforms all five dimensions of your skin to crystal clear – spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated.

Galactomyces ferment filtrate*, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, aqua (water), sodium benzoate, methylparaben, sorbic acid *PITERA™

• Is this worth the price? 10 Answers
  • SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is it worth the hype and i...3 Answers
  • Has anyone tried it? Does it really work?2 Answers
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
  • "I've heard great things about this product, some might say the missha essence is better, some say that this it a little over priced. My opinion is, despite its pricey lable tag there's a reason why Asians go for this product, there's a reason why Chinese travel to South Korea and buy skII in bulk. The product does work, it does wonders to the skin, it's unlike any British skin care.. It's 1000% more concentrated with goodness and this product alone is better than any other facial cream or serums out there. It's hydrating, pumping, anti anging- does not make your skin break out or leave you skin feeling irritable. It's lightweight and the fragrance is great also. " in 118 reviews
Britta F.
Sanbornton, NH
Review for: 150Ml more...
The first thing I would like to say is that I did receive this bottle for free from the actual company and as I reviewed it I realize that I would probably spend $100 on this bottle again because it did you do a very good job of what the product says and claims it does. The essence is supposed to get really deep into your skin allowing the products that you are following with allowing them to absorb better and deeper into the skin. I did notice the main claim I would put this on after cleansing my face every night and then follow with my serum or moisturizer and did notice that the product absorbed better into my skin when using the essence but I also noticed that more and more my skin was becoming Clearer with much less breakouts and I started to have a lot less acne during the time I used the bottle which was the smallest bottle you can buy of the essence for $100 retail price. The only drawback is that it is $100 and it only lasted me around 2 1/2 months (as I did use this every night and a few times a week in the morning free cleaning. Therefore the higher in price tag being $100 bottle of essence every 2 1/2 months for those of us that are not wealthy, that can really add up and would be a little bit too much money for me to lend at the moment for an essence. Although if I did have the money highly recommend any one(women and men) who are in there 20’ and up. Also surprisingly I saw improvement in all different types of concerns I have like wrinkles, as I said before; acne, and also things like texture and tone in my skin. IF you have the money to go out and continue to use this product every few months I would highly recommend trying this out I know that you will definitely see results in one way or another I believe this is for all types of skin; dry, oily, combination and all other, and that’s the best part about this product!
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
Over the years, I had heard great things about this so called “miracle water” so I was excited when SK-II gave me the opportunity to sample it in exchange for my honest opinion. First, let me start off by saying that I love the packaging for SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. It looks so fancy and sophisticated. It comes in a red, shiny box and the bottle is frosted glass. The opening is small, so you can control how much comes out; therefore there is no loss of product if the bottle is accidentally knocked over. To be honest when I first tried this product I didn’t expect much because the product looked like plain water with a vague alcohol scent. However, after using this product for the last 3 weeks I have seen huge improvements in my skin. My skin now feels so soft and smooth and it looks so radiant and healthy. It also did a tremendous job of lightening some of the acne scarring that I had on my face. I use it once in the morning and once at night after cleansing my skin. Instead of using a cotton ball to apply, I pour a little bit in the palm of my hand I then rub my hands together and finally I gently pat the product onto my face and neck. This product may be really expensive but it goes a long way and it will do wonders for your skin. I give Sk-II Facial Treatment Essence two thumbs up!
Jenny W.
Flushing, NY
Review for: 250Ml, 330Ml, 150Ml more...
I know, when I saw the price tag on this I cringed, a lot. But when I started to use it I noticed a difference in my skin. I was so surprised. This product has saved my skin. I have rosacea and this somehow makes me less read which is good. Plus it leaves my skin hydrated and soft. I know that my skin was going crazy as I got older and didn't know why, no matter what I did it, my skin on my cheeks started to feel dry and rough. I used this essence and that all changed. My skin is like what it was in my 20's and I just can't believe it.
It helps so much in the winter when the temperature drops into single digits. My skin is still hydrated and there are no rough patches or dry patches of skin.
I know the price is a huge reason people don't try this. But it's totally worth it. I also know some people aren't using the product correctly. It goes on AFTER the toner. So it's in this order ---> cleanser --> Toner --> essence --> serum ---> moisturizer
And some people put it on a cotton pad and rub it into their skin. Don't rub it! I made the same mistake too! Pat it it gently into your skin, don't slap your face, pat it. I use my hands because I can't let the cotton pad soak up this extra essence! I need every drop of it! This is my one splurge item of the year and I'm going to stand by it!
Kien S.
Manassas
Review for: Other more...
My HOLY GRAIL. I have been using this FTE for 3 years now and I can never start my day or go to sleep without patting it on my face. It has become my ritual.

I was so skeptical at first for two reasons: price and ingredients. Everyone knows how pricey SKII products are so spending $200 something on a 230ml bottle of essence is kinda crazy. Secondly, the ingredient list is very simple, just PITERA.

But when I started using it, the more I use it, the more I see why it is so popular. My skin is so glowy, radiant, smooth and extremely hydrated. I did try some other dupes to cut down the cost but none of them work as well as SKII FTE even though those products contain more promising ingredients.

I use FTE three ways, i pour it on my cotton pad and pat it on my skin for 1-2 mins. Or I will pour it in my palm, rub my hands and pat it on my face. Or I will use it as lotion mask when I need extra care.

If you never try it before, you definitely should. And If you do and somehow feel like it doesn’t work, use it my ways and give it at least 1-2 months to see how Pitera transforms your skin.
Jessica K.
Orlando, FL
Review for: Other more...
When I first saw this product, I was skeptical. I thought, there was no WAY it was worth the price tag.

Then I got it in the Sephora All Stars special edition Play! box. The sample bottle looked so tiny. Surely I’d get only a few uses out of it...right?

I was so wrong, on both counts. It really doesn’t take much. I’ve been using my little tiny 10 ml sample bottle for over three weeks now, every morning and every evening. After washing my face, before moisturizing, I pour a very small amount into my hand, just the tiniest splash (a puddle slightly larger than a dime), rub my hands together, and pat it all over my face and neck.

I have combination skin with hormonal breakouts once a month. My skincare routine for decades (until now) has been rotating, changing by the week, depending on what my skin is needing at the moment. This has been an effective way to manage my skin, but it’s tiresome having to constantly assess my skin’s needs. Plus I have to purchase quite a few different products for both oily and dry skin, making my skincare routine much more expensive than I’d like it to be.

From the very first day I used this essence, my skin improved. Smoother texture was the first thing I noticed. As I continued to use it, my fine lines became significantly less pronounced and my breakouts stopped entirely. Not even exaggerating. This week is the week that I normally break out like crazy. And yet, all week, I haven’t had a single issue. My skin has been perfect for three weeks. Perfect. This never happens to me.

I’m sold. I’m going to be buying more this week, once this little bottle is empty. This essence is as amazing as they say. It’s not just hype. It really does balance the skin. It’s amazing. And yes, you should try it, especially if you have combination skin. This might just be your holy grail, because it’s definitely mine! Ask for a sample the next time you’re in Sephora.
Lauren h.
Brookline
Review for: 150Ml more...
Basically the holy grail of Asian skincare regime. I heard the hype literally all throughout my teenage years/college years/grad school years. Finally decided to try because I got a gift card from bloomingdale’s. I heard it can be a hit or a miss depending on the skin type. I think this is great if you have dry or mature skin type looking for improvement in skin texture and dullness. I did notice that my skin texture has improved (in the areas where I have clear skin already, they are so smooth!) and so has my dullness after ~3 wks. I think you need to transition your skin into it though. The first week, I used it twice a day everyday, but I think it was clogging pores as I got a few new small whiteheads in areas I normally didn’t. So second week, I used it once every other day, then 3rd week, I’ve been using it once a day. Whiteheads have gone away. It does nothing for inflammatory acne though. It doesn’t make them worse though.
I hate the fermented scent but it doesn’t last that long.
Kamolrat N.
Review for: 250Ml more...
I used up 2 bottles of this and now on my 3rd. I thought it was overhyped at first, until I stopped using is and realized my skin looked dull compared to when I used it. I could notice that this essence help keep my skin clear (although I have some dark spots from when I was in my 20s). It doesn’t help get rid of dark spot nor does it help get rid of pimples. It just help prevent it. I would recommend this product to anyone. Of course, it hurts when you see the price tag. 😭 I wish it was cheaper.SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Gillian V.
Ashburn
Review for: 250Ml more...
So I used this am and pm for a month when I stopped to noticed how this slowly changed my skin. Other reviewers were right it works overtime so you might not even notice it. I know its due to this product since I stopped using my serum a few weeks prior. My face is smoother, pores clearer and the dark circles under my eyes are greatly reduced. Thats reason enough for me to shell out the money for this guy, I always hated the purple under my eyes. Be patient and it will work great.
Joanna W.
Long Is City, NY
Review for: Purity more...
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is in the toner category in terms of product type. It’s an Asian toner meant for moisturizing, as opposed to a Western toner, which are usually astringent. The essence is meant to be applied just after cleansing, but before moisturizing. The consistency of the SK-II essence is very watery, and it smells very faintly of yeast. It’s not overpowering by any stretch of the imagination. You have a couple of options for application – you can swipe it over your face with a cotton pad, or gently pat it into your skin with your hands. I opt to use my hands because cotton pads tend to waste product. It works, overnight skin becomes smooth and radiance, and after a few days it looks tighten (hence giving the appearance of younger and fresher skin). My skin looks better than it ever has. I will never be without it.
Rebekah M.
Coral gables , FL
Review for: 250Ml more...
I know that this rating is low for such a beloved product but after trying multiple different essences/emulations, this is honestly nothing special. I find this to be extremely watery, making me lose half the product just by putting it on to my hands and it slipping into the sink. I don’t feel a sense of hydration when I put this on as I do with other essences. I personally prefer a thicker essence so that might be where my problem with this one lies. I find it comparable to boscia Sake Treatment Water. For the price I don’t find it worth it when brands like belif sell a better one at half the price. (belif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz )
Yolanda P.
How do I use this product? How many times a day? Does it really work? Is it worth the price?
Kaitlyn P.
When is the best time to use this, morning, night or both?
Sandra K.
Is this worth the price?
Melody W.
Cedar park, TX
Has anyone tried the Missha brand? How does this brand compare. I want to know if it’s worth the money since this one is easier to find in stores then Missha.
Krissie F.
New Bedford, MA
I knew this is a great product from the reviews but it isn't cheap. is it really worth dishing out over $100 for this when I can get something else cheaper that may do the same thing?