Sixteen Candles

by John Hughes

It's Samantha Baker's Sweet Sixteen and no one in her family remembers the important occasion. John Hughes, the writer of National Lampoon's Vacation, shows how coming-of-age can be full of surprises in this warm-hearted teenage comedy starring Molly Ringwald. She's your average teen, enduring creepy freshmen, spoiled siblings, confused parents and the Big Blonde on Campus who stands between her and the boy of her dreams. But wait...the day isn't over yet! This sparkling film features a dynamic score, and outstanding performances by Paul Dooley, Emmy® winner Blanche Baker and Oscar® nominee Justin Henry.

What is your favorite movie of all time? Mine is Sixteen Candles!
Which would you watch   Sixteen Candles or Pretty in Pink?
Is this a classic?
Start your review of Sixteen Candles!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Featuring Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall and a laundry list of famous actors from Billy Bird to John and Joan Cusack.in reviews
i was named after molly ringwalds character and because its a family favorite movie and who doesnt love JAKE RYAN!in reviews
This movie is the best movie ever made, I laugh every single time I watch, and thru the years I have watched it more then a dozen times!in reviews
Henderson, NC
Were we all this obvious when we were 16? So desperate for love and affection. This movie will never go out of vogue. Love it!
Maywood, NJ
I love this movie! A cult classic. I can never turn it off if I see it on TV.
I love this movie! A cult classic. I can never turn it off if I see it on TV.
Prattville, AL
This is my all time favorite movie! It never gets old and reminds me of a Cinderella story with a twist of being a teenager in the 80s and having to live day to day.
Harlan, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
1,145 reviews
One of my favorites from my 80s childhood! 16 Candles is a classic! Good story line and characters. I still watch this one once in awhile because I love it so much...mostly because I identify with lead character "Samantha" and Jake Ryan is definitely dreamy!
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Fun movie! Poor Sam, nobody remembers her birthday. They’re all focusing on her sister, whose getting married. One of the funniest scenes is when her sister takes qualudes & like a rag doll. No improvement needed. Reasonable Price. Would recommend
Independence, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
good movie. it is older than i am but my sister loves it so i sit with her and watch it now and again.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
After watching this movie for the first time,I really liked it. It's so cute and funny! It's definitely a girls night movie! Jake is so handsome! I can never stop watching this movie over and over again. Have to buy it on dvd!
Hephzibah, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This was one of my favorite movies as a teenager. I watched this over, and over again. I still watch this Everytime it's comes on. Long duck don't was hilarious.. Everyone should see this at least once in their life!!
Ottawa, ON
A classic teenaged 80s film. Will make you wish that Jake Ryan was your own. The end scene is by far the best.
Berea, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
If your an 80's movie fanatic like me then you'll love this is a classic! And of course you have ms Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael hall in it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Prattville, AL