Sixt Rent-A-Car

How reliable is this company? How new are their fleets?
Reviews?
Is this the best rental car company to use?
Start your review of Sixt Rent-A-Car!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Their rates are really great also.The staff is very helpful and friendly.in reviews
This is a pretty good rental car option.in reviews
I would definitely reccomend a friend or a family member to try this servicein reviews
great customer service, really smooth transaction, I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't used them.in reviews
Danielle N.
La Place, LA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Sixt Rent-A-Car uploaded by Danielle N.
Rented a luxury car online and when I got there they told me they didn’t have it! Smh they offered me another car that wasn’t a luxury car for the same price. But still a nice vehicle my husband was livid!
Sveta B.
Waconia, MN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Sixt Rent-A-Car uploaded by Sveta B.
Anytime we travel without our car, sixt is the way to go for us! Super convenient car pick up and drop off!
Jeff B.
Irma
If you're wondering what Sixt stands for, it's "Bait and Switch". Rented a car at Denver 6-22-19. First of all it's not near most "real" rental car company locations at DIA, but way off property. Secondly when we get there, there's a pretty long line. Not that big a deal except line isn't moving. Several people in line complain at the time it's taking. When we finally get to counter, we learn why it took so long. Every customer at counter, including us, are being told the car they thought they had rented was not available. We were told they only had one model left in that class. They vehicle clearly wasn't the same class as what we thought we had booked. The agent immediately goes into hard sell about how she could upgrade us into the next class. They also inform me that my if my wife will be driving they need to charge an extra $90. Avis, Budget and Enterprise do not charge for this. In total frustration, I demand a refund. They inform me that since I prepaid the reservation, no refund can be provided. So what initially was supposed to cost $500 ended up costing $788. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! THEY ARE CROOKS!
Catharina S.
Amarillo, TX
Not very friendly when we first rented a car from then in Florida. It took quite a bit of time to find a car and we had to wait for about 45 min
Davely
Please don't ever use this company. I've been renting at other companies for years and this has never happened to me. I went to get my rental on Wednesday morning, upon coming to get the vehicle I noticed there were scratches all around that hadn't been recorded, I took video and pictures of those and called Sophie to come help me. When I got inside the car I noticed the tire pressure light on and she had someone inspect it, turns out the tire had a nail and I had to wait for them to get me a new vehicle. They upgraded me to a luxury vehicle, I shouldn't have accepted. I just wanted to get out of there and this time to my mistake I didn't take pictures of video of the vehicle. When I returned the vehicle I was told everything was ok and that they would email me my invoice. 4 days later I receive an email stating I did damage to the vehicle.  I did no such thing. I don't understand why when I was standing there the girl that closed out my deal didn't go over the damage with me. I'm appalled by this because I took care of this vehicle, I parked far away and drove careful but now I get an email stating I must pay for damage I didn't do.  Please stay away from this company, I've been trying to reach the branch and people keep giving me numbers to call and I just get connected to someone else but no one from the branch. If I had done the Damage I would of paid it but I didn't do it and it's not fair. I thought everything was fine only to find out it isn't. I almost booked a car with them for my trip to Mexico but I'm never using them again and neither should you.
Rebecca F.
Ocala
Rented a luxury vehicle from their Phoenix location. My mother was having spinal surgery so I read reviews on what is comfortable for people’s backs. Reserved a vehicle online before my trip. When I got there they didn’t have the vehicle I reserved and put me into another one. Ok, no problem. I ended up getting charged $22 extra a day. How is it my fault you don’t have the vehicle I reserved? I also purchased the $10 protection from scratches and such. They then added in the full auto policy which I didn’t ask for. So I got charged for an upgrade and full coverage, both I didn’t ask for. My auto policy extends to rental cars and carries full coverage. I called and disputed it with them and was given a reference number to the complaint and told the charges would be removed when I checked the vehicle back in, and that the branch manager would contact me within 24-48 hours. No such contact was made my entire stay. When I checked the vehicle in the manager wasn’t there and the employees couldn’t refund me. They also kept my receipt! I made sure to take photos of it before I left. I contacted them again, after my flight and two days later was told they wouldn’t be removing the charges. They have given me the complete run around. I do not recommend this company! I have since disputed it with rent credit card company, who had my back. If you reserve online, keep the email and reservation number. They are CON artists. The employee told me to sign for local taxes, not for an upgrade and insurance fee. Then they wanted to know which employee told me the amount would be refunded. I kept the complaint reference number and told them all of their customer service phone calls are recorded and they could figure it out them DAMN selves. I rent cars and travel a lot. NEVER again.
member-496b61
It's hard to even give them 1 star. This company is awful. It is very difficult to get through to them to reach an actual person if you need to speak to someone. We needed to cancel a trip and it would not work online so we had to call and speak to someone. They told us to first re-book, and then they would refund the previous amount. (several hundred dollars). Two weeks later, we still did not have a refund. We called again. They said "it went through on our end, check with your credit card company". They refused to provide us with any type of confirmation of the refund, and said that AMEX doesn't do that. (which makes no sense!) They have given us the run around so many times and we truly feel they are a very deceitful company. We have called and emailed multiple times. We have asked to speak with a manager. Nothing has been resolved. They won't answer emails and a manger won't contact us. We finally turned it over to our credit card company to deal with. The sad part is that they lost a good customer (one that rents cars A LOT). I will NEVER ever use them again, and I will make sure that others know they are not honest and reputable.
Liz N.
Arlington, TX
Horrible customer service. They will judge you the moment you step into their store. I could have spent $300 with them but I spent $700 with Alamo instead.
Delma B.
Somerset, NJ
Came into Miami from Mexico needed transportation for an early next morning flight, Received an update and still came on under $30.00
Lellianne C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Sixt Rent-A-Car uploaded by Lellianne C.
Booked the car rental through Expedia. Good experience overall with this company. Rented a compact car for 5 days in Zurich, Switzerland and I was pleased that I was able to select a Mini Cooper @MINI Usa. How awesome! Quick and easy pick up and drop off. #traveljunkie #greatoutdoors
Ask a question to the Influenster community...