BY SIXT RENT-A-CAR #8 in Rental Car Companies

• "This is a pretty good rental car option." in 2 reviews
  • "I would definitely reccomend a friend or a family member to try this service" in 2 reviews
  • "Their rates are really great also.The staff is very helpful and friendly." in 2 reviews
  • "great customer service, really smooth transaction, I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't used them." in 1 review
Waka K.
Worst car rental company and service. Left go pro in rental car and immediately called to locate it, went through entire process to submit ticket in list & found etc... but local employees ending up stealing go pro and was never found! Literally submitted claim as I got to airport and every time I call they give me a fake answer. They only return items such as keys, towels, etc. Does not even make effort to find important items. Every time I called the person on the phone would give me the wrong number to an office or department and waste so much time. Also they do not share the direct number of a rental car location so be careful not to leave anything in the car, it will get stolen! Never using this rental car company, such a shame they don’t help customers and allow employees to steal items that are lost. Never using again and do not recommend to anyone!
Natalie P.
Cheyenne, WY
We reserved a car with Sixt but when family offered us a car for our vacation we tried to cancel weeks in advance of our reservation. We go to the website and they say we need a code to cancel. We were never given a code upon purchase. We try calling. After about an hour if trying to talk to someone on the phone they finally tell us we have to get the code thru kayak.com where we had purchased the ticket. We call kayak and get our code. Go back onto the Sixt website where we find out we will only get back half our money which was never part of our agreement when purchasing thru kayak. Mind you, this simple task took hours to do. Despite the outrageous cancellation fee we decide to cancel anyway because if we did rent I can't imagine what sort of cleaning fee these crooks might try to charge for a simple tissue left behind. My advice, stay far far away!
Carolyn H.
Cherryfields , Stone
Firstly, the car was fine , size as ordered ( we needed a 7 seater and the Espace was a lovely car) , no problems. HOWEVER the staff are VERY pushy and intimidating , trying to tell us that we needed more and more insurance and taking excessive deposits for tolls and damage. Tried to tell us that the car was immaculate and had no scratches so we would have to pay for any found . We went to inspect said vehicle and it was covered in marks and 2 chips in the windscreen. We pointed all these out to the staff who grudgingly made note of them. I WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone to be honest. Yes they are cheap but so much hassle and hidden charges , still charging small amounts now and no explanation what it's for. AVID
Steph W.
Maspeth
LOVE Sixt. I refuse to use anyone else when in Los Angeles (or anywhere else I may travel that has a location). It’s always been an easy in and out, the pricing is right in front of your face so you never have to worry about up charging, and all of the staff I have encountered has been great. I have been a loyal customer for years and will continue to be.
Christina S.
MERRICK, NY
If i could give 0 stars I would. I rented a car to drive to Vegas from California --this car was rented months in advance. We rented a drop top Camaro which cost a pretty penny. When we arrived there they didn't have our car or a car to even offer us. We ended up waiting over 3 hours (longer than it would have taken us to get to Vegas) just for our car. When we got the Camaro it was dirty, and the radio wouldn't work at all, and the aux jack was busted. They wouldn't refund us or even offer any sort of discount for our inconveniences, they basically didn't care at all. Not worth the money or the aggrivation--their customer service is POOR. Skip them and just deal with Enterprise!
Janae U.
Fresno, CA
They don’t fully disclose everything to you. Paid for my rental before I left, only to get to the place and they tack on a deposit fee and add insurance (after asking me if i has insurance myself when I chose the smallest coverage, when I said I did they said “oh you won’t need anything more than that then”). I was told they deposit would go directly back when i returned the car. I barely got anything back and the car was exactly how I got it. I also traveled somewhere with tolls and as the guy is about to offer a toll pass, he asks where we’re headed and tells me I won’t go through any tolls so I’m fine. $20 later and I should’ve just got the toll pass.
Marieh S.
Atlanta, GA
I needed to rent a car for two days to run a series of errands and Sixt came back as the cheapest rental place. I rented a four door sedan and reserved it online. I live near the airport in Atlanta so I chose the Atlanta airport as my pick up and drop off location. The car ran smoothly and easily connected to my devices via Bluetooth. The check in process took about 10 minutes. They needed to see my ID and you need a credit card to place on file. The return process took about five minutes. Once I returned, an inspector gave the car the once over and asked me a few satisfactory questions. After that I was good to go.
Christina E.
Notre Dame
Prices seem to be very high. We found it more reasonable to Uber than to rent a car. It was about a $350 difference with Uber being less expensive. We have received some great upgraded cars but have also had many trips where we had to keep going back in and finally around the third car we were ready to go.
Kirsty H.
Cumming, GA
We used this from Las Vegas to San Francisco, easy to pick up in Las Vegas but terrible to take back in San Fran.
No directions and then we had to drive in a one way drive way that the company used as two way on a main road, extremely dangerous.
It was a shame as they had a great price and were easy to rent from.
Jennifer F.
Ellsworth
I rented a vehicle through Sixt Rent-A-Car during my trip to Tampa. This company’s prices beat out all of their competitors which made them my top choice when renting. Once arriving in Tampa I waited in line for over a half an hour (the two agents at the desk were new and didn’t really have the speed that a seasoned agent might have.) Eventually someone with more experience arrived back from her lunch break which sped up the line. I felt my overall experience with Sixt was a good one, the car was clean, ran well and their billing was seamless. I would recommend them if they are available in your area.
curly s.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I'm not familiar with this company. Where are they located?
Funmi A.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would loe to know more about where this service is located. is it just in the united states? would I be able to find this service in canada?
Shannon C.
Huntley, IL
Do they have luxury cars? How do their rates compare to other companies?
Lauren S.
Fort Collins, CO
Is this the best rental car company to use?
Funmi A.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Im not familiar with this service. is it easy to understand? is it an app? how are the costs>