BY SIXT RENT-A-CAR #7 in Rental Car Companies

Sixt Rent-A-Car
  • "Their rates are really great also.The staff is very helpful and friendly." in 2 reviews
  • "This is a pretty good rental car option." in 2 reviews
  • "I would definitely reccomend a friend or a family member to try this service" in 2 reviews
  • "great customer service, really smooth transaction, I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't used them." in 1 review
Ferdelle L.
Venice, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Sixt was quite convenient at first until I received my first bill. They never returned my full deposit and shorted me almost $80. Very disappointing since I had enjoyed their customer service but robbing their of $80 is completely unacceptable. There was also a lot of miscommunication since I was renting with an out of state drivers license. One customer service representative said it was okay, until I got to the location and they said they were unable to do it. Oh, and forget trying to reach someone on the phone - it's nearly impossible. I was on hold for almost two hours trying to confirm if I could rent a car before a two hour drive to a conference in Anaheim. The only perk was that they gave me a brand new Toyota hybrid that was great on gas with minimal mileage and a great sound system, but that's a kudos to Toyota. Will very unlikely ever use Sixt again or recommend it to a friend.
Hilda C.
Irvine, CA
One thing to know with Sixt is that they do charge a hefty hold on your account when renting a car.
While this could have been due to the car caliber I rented, but while in Denmark, I rented from Sixt. My total for the car + a CDW insurance was €1200. I was excepting that, and wasn't worried about it. When I arrived at the counter I came to find out, they were charging me €1200 + a €1000 hold on the car. Meaning I was out of €1000 for my trip, while it was returned to me after the car was returned for someone traveling on a budget or with very finite funds it could definitely cause an issue for some.

I know now better and plan for this ahead of time. Other than that they're probably the best car rental in Europe. Their prices are better than most American companies in a foreign nation. They have a wide variety of cars, & when you rent a type of car that's usually the one you'll get.
Carolyn H.
Cherryfields , Stone
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Firstly, the car was fine , size as ordered ( we needed a 7 seater and the Espace was a lovely car) , no problems. HOWEVER the staff are VERY pushy and intimidating , trying to tell us that we needed more and more insurance and taking excessive deposits for tolls and damage. Tried to tell us that the car was immaculate and had no scratches so we would have to pay for any found . We went to inspect said vehicle and it was covered in marks and 2 chips in the windscreen. We pointed all these out to the staff who grudgingly made note of them. I WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone to be honest. Yes they are cheap but so much hassle and hidden charges , still charging small amounts now and no explanation what it's for. AVID
Christina S.
MERRICK, NY
If i could give 0 stars I would. I rented a car to drive to Vegas from California --this car was rented months in advance. We rented a drop top Camaro which cost a pretty penny. When we arrived there they didn't have our car or a car to even offer us. We ended up waiting over 3 hours (longer than it would have taken us to get to Vegas) just for our car. When we got the Camaro it was dirty, and the radio wouldn't work at all, and the aux jack was busted. They wouldn't refund us or even offer any sort of discount for our inconveniences, they basically didn't care at all. Not worth the money or the aggrivation--their customer service is POOR. Skip them and just deal with Enterprise!
Janet V.
Bensalem , PA
Loved the service and the conscience of dropping off the car at the site without having to wait for somebody to check it. Our selected car wasn't abaibke so they upgraded us at no charge. However we did have a mix up with the deposits though. We had to pay more deposit (because of the upgrade) but when returned the car we had only the deposit in the amount it would have been without the upgrade refunded to us.  two weeks later we had that issue settled . Still a pleasant experience
Samantha B.
Anaheim, CA
I used to book travel for 200 people and whenever Sixt was as a possibility- I used them. The only downside is that not every airport uses them. Their cars are so nice and the service is wonderful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Kyndal N.
Columbus, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Very pleased with the price and quality of Sixt! We had never used them before until we went to Indianapolis and it was great! They picked us up and dropped us off at the airport woh a complimentary shuttle. Employees were all very friendly!
Joan A.
Alton
Just rented from Sixt over Christmas break. Took their shuttle from Orlando airport to the off-site location. It was minutes away and we were quickly placed into our beautiful rental car and sent on our way! Easy, quick and convenient!
Courtney B.
Los Alamitos, CA
You have no idea how long I have been wanting to try Sixt Rent A Car. I live out in the OC where they don't have an office so I couldn't justify making the trek all the way to LA to rent a car. This go round I was taking a road trip to Arizona, so I jumped at the chance to rent from Sixt.

When I arrived there was a bit of a line but it moved very quickly. I was in line for less than 10 minutes. There was a small issue with my reservation (which was mostly my fault) however Maria the Customer Service Branch Manager stepped in to assist. She was a class act. She listened to the issue, understood exactly what was going on and on had me rolling out the door 5 minutes later.

I had my choice of cars but I selected the Mercedes C-Class because it was a major upgrade from the basic car I normally drive. They walked me out to pick up my car and offered help if I needed anything. I told them I was fine and headed to my car. When I got in the car I discovered this was way more car than I was used to lol. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to even turn it on. I ended up calling them back over and they walked me through everything. They even took the time to sync my bluetooth so I could be hands-free and safe on the road. They spent a good 15 minutes with me, showed me how to adjust my seat, work the navigation and gave me a run down on the car.

I headed off to Arizona and the Mercedes glided down the road like butter. It was so easy to drive and I felt like a total baller behind the wheel lol. It's amazing how people treat you when they see you in a nice car.

As my trip came to an end I got a nice little reminder text from Sixt reminding me of the date and time the car was due back. Not that I would forget that I was driving someone else's expensive car lol, but I did like the reminder because I had totally forgotten the return time. When I arrived to return the car there was a long line. To my surprise just as fast as they got me in my car, they got me out. I checked the car in, did the walk around and turned in the keys in less then 10 minutes.

While I waited for my Uber I popped into the VIP lounge. If you’re renting from the LAX location, check out their new Diamond Lounge, where you can skip the line with personalized VIP assistance, use the free WiFi, power outlets, and coffee and other snacks! Seriously, what other car rental company offers that?!

I had an amazing experience with Sixt. So many people had told me how awesome they were and how affordable their cars where so I'm happy I got to try them. They are still a little ways from me to rent from all the time but I seriously may consider making the drive out to LA anyway for their rentals because it was totally worth it. I got way more car and awesome service for a few bucks more then what I would have paid to rent from somewhere else. Can you say #winning
Christopher T.
Millersville, PA
I’ve never had a more terrible experience with customer service than with this company. I booked a car, went to pick it up from the airport in Tampa. When I got there the price had magically doubled. Then they didn’t have the car I booked and then they tried to say it was my fault and charge me an EXTRA $500!!! I will never use them ever and never recommend them to anyone. Awful. Just awful.
curly s.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I'm not familiar with this company. Where are they located?
Funmi A.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would loe to know more about where this service is located. is it just in the united states? would I be able to find this service in canada?
Shannon C.
Do they have luxury cars? How do their rates compare to other companies?
Lauren S.
Fort Collins, CO
Is this the best rental car company to use?
Funmi A.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Im not familiar with this service. is it easy to understand? is it an app? how are the costs>