BY SIXT RENT-A-CAR #7 in Rental Car Companies

• "This is a pretty good rental car option." in 2 reviews
  • "Their rates are really great also.The staff is very helpful and friendly." in 2 reviews
  • "I would definitely reccomend a friend or a family member to try this service" in 2 reviews
  • "great customer service, really smooth transaction, I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't used them." in 1 review
Natalie P.
Cheyenne, WY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We reserved a car with Sixt but when family offered us a car for our vacation we tried to cancel weeks in advance of our reservation. We go to the website and they say we need a code to cancel. We were never given a code upon purchase. We try calling. After about an hour if trying to talk to someone on the phone they finally tell us we have to get the code thru kayak.com where we had purchased the ticket. We call kayak and get our code. Go back onto the Sixt website where we find out we will only get back half our money which was never part of our agreement when purchasing thru kayak. Mind you, this simple task took hours to do. Despite the outrageous cancellation fee we decide to cancel anyway because if we did rent I can't imagine what sort of cleaning fee these crooks might try to charge for a simple tissue left behind. My advice, stay far far away!
Ferdelle L.
Venice, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Sixt was quite convenient at first until I received my first bill. They never returned my full deposit and shorted me almost $80. Very disappointing since I had enjoyed their customer service but robbing their of $80 is completely unacceptable. There was also a lot of miscommunication since I was renting with an out of state drivers license. One customer service representative said it was okay, until I got to the location and they said they were unable to do it. Oh, and forget trying to reach someone on the phone - it's nearly impossible. I was on hold for almost two hours trying to confirm if I could rent a car before a two hour drive to a conference in Anaheim. The only perk was that they gave me a brand new Toyota hybrid that was great on gas with minimal mileage and a great sound system, but that's a kudos to Toyota. Will very unlikely ever use Sixt again or recommend it to a friend.
Hilda C.
Irvine, CA
One thing to know with Sixt is that they do charge a hefty hold on your account when renting a car.
While this could have been due to the car caliber I rented, but while in Denmark, I rented from Sixt. My total for the car + a CDW insurance was €1200. I was excepting that, and wasn't worried about it. When I arrived at the counter I came to find out, they were charging me €1200 + a €1000 hold on the car. Meaning I was out of €1000 for my trip, while it was returned to me after the car was returned for someone traveling on a budget or with very finite funds it could definitely cause an issue for some.

I know now better and plan for this ahead of time. Other than that they're probably the best car rental in Europe. Their prices are better than most American companies in a foreign nation. They have a wide variety of cars, & when you rent a type of car that's usually the one you'll get.
Carolyn H.
Cherryfields , Stone
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Firstly, the car was fine , size as ordered ( we needed a 7 seater and the Espace was a lovely car) , no problems. HOWEVER the staff are VERY pushy and intimidating , trying to tell us that we needed more and more insurance and taking excessive deposits for tolls and damage. Tried to tell us that the car was immaculate and had no scratches so we would have to pay for any found . We went to inspect said vehicle and it was covered in marks and 2 chips in the windscreen. We pointed all these out to the staff who grudgingly made note of them. I WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone to be honest. Yes they are cheap but so much hassle and hidden charges , still charging small amounts now and no explanation what it's for. AVID
Steph W.
Maspeth
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
LOVE Sixt. I refuse to use anyone else when in Los Angeles (or anywhere else I may travel that has a location). It’s always been an easy in and out, the pricing is right in front of your face so you never have to worry about up charging, and all of the staff I have encountered has been great. I have been a loyal customer for years and will continue to be.
Christina S.
MERRICK, NY
If i could give 0 stars I would. I rented a car to drive to Vegas from California --this car was rented months in advance. We rented a drop top Camaro which cost a pretty penny. When we arrived there they didn't have our car or a car to even offer us. We ended up waiting over 3 hours (longer than it would have taken us to get to Vegas) just for our car. When we got the Camaro it was dirty, and the radio wouldn't work at all, and the aux jack was busted. They wouldn't refund us or even offer any sort of discount for our inconveniences, they basically didn't care at all. Not worth the money or the aggrivation--their customer service is POOR. Skip them and just deal with Enterprise!
Vivian W.
This car company was alright. Although there were a lot of hidden fees that we did not know about until after we had returned the car. We rented a car in Orlando, but had no idea how to get to the rental location. We had to pay for a $26 uber from the airport, but upon returning the car, we had free transportation to the Orlando airport.
AnaInes F.
Lawrenceville, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We rent from them about 2 to 3 times in the year. There cars have always been great except for one time that we rented a suburban and the ac went out half way through are ride in the summer. We didn’t make it in time to exchange the car but they did let us know what locations we can go to. Which was helpful.
Janet V.
Bensalem , PA
Loved the service and the conscience of dropping off the car at the site without having to wait for somebody to check it. Our selected car wasn't abaibke so they upgraded us at no charge. However we did have a mix up with the deposits though. We had to pay more deposit (because of the upgrade) but when returned the car we had only the deposit in the amount it would have been without the upgrade refunded to us.  two weeks later we had that issue settled . Still a pleasant experience
Sarah A.
Denver, CO
Ive experienced very good customer service, and a really unique selection of cars, better than what most other agencies offer for the price. If there is a Sixt rental service available at your destination, I highly recommend checking them out.
curly s.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I'm not familiar with this company. Where are they located?
Funmi A.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would loe to know more about where this service is located. is it just in the united states? would I be able to find this service in canada?
Shannon C.
Do they have luxury cars? How do their rates compare to other companies?
Lauren S.
Fort Collins, CO
Is this the best rental car company to use?
Funmi A.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Im not familiar with this service. is it easy to understand? is it an app? how are the costs>