- "i love scary movies annabelle was scary and oculus rip off wasent scary at all insidious great scary mystery movie and this one was greattt" in 33 reviews
- "Honestly I think the classics are the best and most horror movies now a days are cheesey but this one is actually respectable it's gorey creepy and you probably won't wanna go pee alone for the rest of the night lmfao but no its seriously a good movie lol." in 25 reviews
- "I liked that it had great shocking moments BUT I think it lacked a good story line which I think is important in scary movies." in 12 reviews
- "not to badd and not gonna lie was very kinda creepy but once again kinda a badd horror film :( but ve seen worse but this movie does good with me " in 8 reviews
- "i would recommend it if your seeing it with a group of friends but don't see this alone ha ha it will just make it scarier." in 6 reviews
Sininster had every great intention on being a fantastic film. It had a decent villian, creepy kids, a good lead man, and a pretty decent twist. However the movie lacked scares required to be "scary"
The jump scares were predictable and although Mr. Boogie had a disturbing face, thats all he truly was. Ethan Hawkes performance was well under par. You would think with the back story given on his character, there would be more substance to his character, however he left a feeling of wanting in his performance.
The twist at the end (no spoilers given) could of been played out better if there wasn't a camera cut a way. If it would of stayed on the scene it would of pushed the film for what it was looking for.
all in all the movie is a good one time watch, but I wouldn't add it to my video library.