BY SINISTER (2012) #72 in Movies

• Sinister did you find this scary? Is it good?1 Answers
  • How scary is this? I heard bad and good stuff. 4 Answers
  • Can I have this , I love scary movies 1 Answers
Sinister
  • "i love scary movies annabelle was scary and oculus rip off wasent scary at all insidious great scary mystery movie and this one was greattt" in 33 reviews
  • "Honestly I think the classics are the best and most horror movies now a days are cheesey but this one is actually respectable it's gorey creepy and you probably won't wanna go pee alone for the rest of the night lmfao but no its seriously a good movie lol." in 25 reviews
  • "I liked that it had great shocking moments BUT I think it lacked a good story line which I think is important in scary movies." in 12 reviews
  • "not to badd and not gonna lie was very kinda creepy but once again kinda a badd horror film :( but ve seen worse but this movie does good with me " in 8 reviews
  • "Sinister was definitely one of the most scariest movies I have ever watched." in 6 reviews
Megan G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is an excellent horror film. It's really disturbing to watch. The acting is great and the cinematography is done perfectly. It's one of my favorite scary movies, and one that I seriously can't watch before I go to bed, even though I've seen it many times lol
Hannah H.
Murray, KY
This is probably one of the best horror movies I’ve seen, and I love horror movies. I think the idea is absolutely brilliant. I think that the actors did a great job at portraying their characters. The movie is spooky with several jump scares throughout. I love how at the end of the movie, the main plot is revealed. It’s thrilling!
Cassie C.
Rochester, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was better than I thought. The story line was very eerie and creepy. It was one of the better horror movies released that year. I would recommend this one if you are looking for a creepy story, not a whole lot of scary parts or things jumping out but its something to watch.
Esmeralda L.
Forest Grove, OR
I love scary movies this one was a great concept. The way they play the movie it makes you wonder if your that type of person that overthinks everything this is a great movie for you because it keep you on your toes . Good movie great actors good concept
Valeria S.
San Dimas, CA
I don't really get scared anymore from watching scary movies, but this one was very thrilling. I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen no matter how scared I was. I would recommend this movie to my friend and would definitely watch again.
Kennia O.
Winnemucca, NV
This was very scary movie! Something about the creepy music in the background gives me the chills! It's a very interesting story and very scary! It's a must watch! I like this one much better then the second one!
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
I didn't like this movie that much, I thought that the storyline was weird, the acting was mediocre, and it wasn't scary at all. I absolutely despised the ending I think it was really obvious and annoying.
Sandra I.
Los Angeles, CA
This movie was so boring and a big disappointment. I love horror so I guess sometimes I have night expectations but this movie was just boring. Do t really care for Ethan hawk but I have it a chance and was stupid.
Constance G.
JOHNSON CITY, TN
Mysterious deaths? 8mm film footage? Ethan Hawke?
Sininster had every great intention on being a fantastic film. It had a decent villian, creepy kids, a good lead man, and a pretty decent twist. However the movie lacked scares required to be "scary"
The jump scares were predictable and although Mr. Boogie had a disturbing face, thats all he truly was. Ethan Hawkes performance was well under par. You would think with the back story given on his character, there would be more substance to his character, however he left a feeling of wanting in his performance.
The twist at the end (no spoilers given) could of been played out better if there wasn't a camera cut a way. If it would of stayed on the scene it would of pushed the film for what it was looking for.
all in all the movie is a good one time watch, but I wouldn't add it to my video library.
Rose S.
Comfort , TX
It was a great concept but the movie dragged and was a little boring. Wasn't scary at all. I was very disappointed that the second movie was so much better than the first.
Cassie D.
Does anyone know if this was a remake or a completely original movie?
Emily W.
Does anyone know if this will be available on Netflix to stream instantly?
Taylor H.
Swarthmore, PA
Not a fan of satanic movies, i like scary movies, just not satanic movies
Shemorell R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Is this movie any good and is it even scary?
Harley H.
Manteca, CA
Did anyone else get super freaked out just from the back round music?