BY SIMPLE #49 in Facial Cleansers

• Removes make-up effectively and easily, even mascara

• Leaves the skin feeling refreshed, hydrated

• Actively works to attract make-up and impurities while unclogging pores

TIPS:

• Perfect for removing makeup and mascara

• Use this no-rinse cleanser with cotton pads

• Is this a product that could be used in place of a toner? If so, ...2 Answers
  • I received this as a free sample in a Voxbox and have been wantin...5 Answers
  • How does this work? I am interested in trying it2 Answers
  • "This works great." in 1 review
  • "I've never used something that takes off my makeup that didn't leave my face feeling greasy." in 1 review
  • "I wanted to love this product, but it didn't remove makeup and broke my skin out." in 1 review
Sasha K.
When reviewing over the products that were selected as the top winners for the Best In Beauty Skincare category, I could not believe that this item was not a chosen as a winning product! This product is, hands down, my new favorite skincare item to use in my everyday routine that not only removes makeup efficiently but also completely without leaving the pesky left over mascara on your lashes & waterline.

A few months back, I had made the decision to over-haul my skincare routine in finding products that contained less and/or zero of the well known harsh chemicals. At the time, I was just getting used to the Garnier Micellar Water but found that the product had been banned in other areas due to a few harsh chemicals that were inside of it. Due to having sensitive/acne prone skin, I was very hesitant to change due to being excited that I was able to find the Garnier product to work without causing irritation or breakouts on my skin, but, decided to branch out in seeing if there was another product just like Garnier to try in it's place. I had heard that many people were raving over the micellar water from Simple so I decided to pick it up on a whim while on a Target run to see if I noticed any difference.

In all honesty, after using both the Garnier and Simple Micelllar Water products, I had found that they both provide the same exact results and worked exactly the same. In fact, the transition from using Garnier to Simple was very easy & quick and didn't notice any difference in sensitivity to my skin! The only difference? Simple did not have the harsh chemicals that Garnier was storing within theirs! I was able to use the same number of cotton pads and the same amount of liquid within the bottles per each brand and receive the perfect results that I expect each time. Thus, if you are worried about changing brands from Garnier, I'd definitely recommend trying Simple!

With that said, the product itself is WONDERFUL! I use this product anytime I am removing makeup right before I perform my morning & nightly cleanse. If you have not tried using this product before using your cleanser, you are sorely missing out, as I've never felt like my cleansing products did anything until using a micellar water product before hand! It truly gets all of the dirt, oil, makeup, and any other pollution that has been placed on your face throughout the day leaving it clean, fresh, hydrated, and soft to really allow the cleanser to penetrate deep within the skin. There are no drying agents within this product that irritated my skin and it always feels refreshed and well nourished after each use.

Overall, I absolutely recommend this product and wish it could have received the praise it deserves in that Best In Beauty Skincare Category! I am never without this product and always make sure I'm stocked with no less than two bottles in my skincare drawer at all times!
Courtney H.
Roseville, MI
I decided to update my routine and browsed the web for a product that would work to clean off my makeup, without putting anything harsh on.
I found out about micellar water on a bunch of different social media sites, and some beauty blogs. It seemed too good to be true, to be honest. Like magic or something!
I decided to get the simple brand, because it was available at my local drugstore, and ulta, for cheap. I think the bottle I got was less than 8 bucks. That's seriously a steal, because it will actually last you awhile. It doesn't seem like it would, but a little bit of the water works wonders.

I use this product to remove my makeup before I do a major cleanse, or on it's own on a day I didn't wear makeup. Honestly, I feel like I could use this alone any day of the week. I just do a double cleanse to make sure EVERYTHING is off. Usually, it already is.

I put a little bit on a cotton pad (or ball, if I don't have pads) and just wipe it on my face. ALL makeup will come off. Even mascara. Even eyeliner. Everything.

It is not irritating. It's not drying. It's seriously a perfect make up remover. It's my #1 staple product in my skin care routine right now. I love it.
Renee J.
I got a sample to try and I am so glad I did! I didn't have any mascara on so I can't say how well it works taking that off. I only had eye shadow, cover up, and blush on. It was nice and easy on my extremely sensitive skin. I didn't feel like I was coating it with anything. You know how some removers say that you don't have to wash after you can just leave it as your skin will feel like you used nothing? Well I have not found that yet until Micellar cleansing water! My eyes normally get blurry from whatever I use and my face feels like I need to use a cleanser after. This Micellar water is the real deal! You really don't have to rinse after! I felt like I cleansed and removed my makeup and no oily feeling or blurry eyes! It didn't burn, sting, irritate or anything! This will be my new go to when I just have simple makeup on. I will try with mascara but no matter what it always seems to be a hassle to remove. Maybe Micellar water will do the trick for that too! We will see. Regardless I got this now for simple makeup days. I am so happy I got this sample! I suggest everyone try this product!
mollie s.
Front Royal, VA
I use this daily, even if I am not wearing any makeup. It is the first step in my skin care routine and I use it morning and night. Honestly it's my holy grail, I prefer it over other brands I have tried, and it's super gentle on my sensitive skin. I use it in the mornings before I use my toner just to get off whatever sweat or oils are on my face, let it dry, and then go in with whatever toner I'm using that day. At night, I use it before my face wash just to make sure that my cleanser can really get in and do its job.

for makeup removal, I like to saturate two cotton pads and use one for each side of my face. Depending on how much makeup I have on, I have to go in with a second pad but usually one gets the job done.

For eye makeup removal, I press a cotton pad on my eye area and leave it there for a minute or so and then rub the area as i swipe the pad to the side. It usually removes almost all the makeup I have on, as long as I'm not wearing a lot of mascara.
Jennifer S.
I normally don't use Simple products (I've used a couple skincare products of theirs in the past that I didn't care for) but I got a deal on this micellar water and wanted to see what all the hype with micellar water was about. I wouldn't go around raving about this, but it did what it was supposed to do. It effectively removed my makeup and was gentle enough to use around the eyes so I could easily remove mascara. However I think because it's so gentle, it took a lot to get everything off. I had to soak 4-5 cotton pads to remove everything. Maybe it would be better for people who use light makeup, but I tend to wear a full face; foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter, eye makeup, everything. So I used a lot of the micellar water to remove it all. I'll use what I have left but I probably won't repurchase, at least not this brand. I think this is an okay product when I'm feeling lazy, but I still prefer makeup wipes and cleansers.
Hellen F.
Albuquerque, NM
Ok call me dumb or challenged or whatever 😂 I heard so much great things about this Micellar water and decided to try it out. I read the instructions and followed them (because you know I'm a newbie) so I followed the instructions and began wiping away my makeup. It appeared to be working very well except it wasn't really removing my mascara, there's a strike. After cleansing my face with this product I decided to wash my face like I normally do to make sure it worked because the package claims that I didn't have to wash. I finished wiping my eyes to remove the rest of the mascara that it hadn't removed and then washed my face. I was sooooo disappointed about the hype this micellar water was making. It did not clean my face completely!!!!!! Another strike. After that experience I think I will stick to my routine and try not to be all fancy.
Lyndsay S.
Westbrook, ME
I use this and the eye micellar water to remove my make up. This, like it's eye counterpart, gets rid of my most stubborn, all day, heavily set make up. I've enjoyed every simple brand I've encountered, but hands down this is the best thing they make in my opinion! Where other drugstore make up removers need some elbow grease to get long lasting foundation off, this does it with ease! My first time using it I was so impressed!! I since bought the eye make up remover micellar and the combo is remarkable!! I recommend this to any and everyone!!! Leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and no trace of any make up. I've heard from a friend that this is also a great follow up to a make up removing towelette. It will remove and remaining make up and any residue the towelette may have left. A wonderful product all around!
Ashley G.
The Simple brand cleansing Micellar water is one of my favorite makeup removers that I've used. This product saves me after a long day when I just can't muster up the energy to wash my makeup off at night (I know, bad!)

I use this product on a cotton pad, and I am very satisfied with the amount of makeup and dirt that it removes. It is not oily, but does have a bit of a medicinal scent when it dries. There is no added fragrance that I can discern.

Sometimes when I wash my face with my Dermalogica cleansers, my mascara leaves behind a trail under my eyes. A quick swipe with this Micellar water removes the fallout without drying out the skin around my eyes.

I recommend this product for people who have been disappointed with eye makeup removers, and makeup wipes that don't seem to do anything but push makeup around.
Lily Y.
This is my HOLY GRAIL!!!!! I was introduced to this by Ingrid on YouTube and im so happy she told us about it because i LOVE IT!!! It is so much better than the garnier micellar water! :) this doesnt sting your eyes, leaves your fave feeling clean and fresh, and makes your face soft!!! :) Also, they changed their packaging because it used to be a small bottle but now they only sell large bottles of micellar water! I saw this at target when I was going to buy more micellar water because it was in the clearance section going for only $3.54!!! I was so surprised and there was A LOT of them!!! I went to check the actual rack and saw that they changed bottles!! So i stocked up on the micellar water bc it was on sale!! :) Target sells the Micellar water for $8.99. Walmart is a lot cheaper and only sells for $5 :)
Camille M.
Harmony, FL
I absolutely love this! I have very sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts. Even the ultra gentle and high end cleansers would irritate my skin. Since I discovered Simple's Micellar Water, that is all I use as a cleanser. I use it morning and evening with a cotton round. I use it after I use my makeup remover to remove any left over makeup and to cleanse and hydrate my skin (even though it can remove makeup, I use some products that are difficult to get off). I've been using this for several months now and I don't see myself ever not using it. My skin is "glowy" and hydrated and healthy looking. I don't breakout. Ever. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Plus it's a huge bonus that it's not a pricey item to add to your skincare regime (only about $6 in your local Walgreens or Walmart). "Smile, it's Simple"
Jenny Y.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it feel greasy afterward?
Kristin C.
Beverly, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does a bottle of this usually last? and does it leave your skin feeling dry?
Caren W.
Saline
Best place to buy it?
Megan T.
Putney, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have combination skin (my t-zone gets pretty oily). Do you think this would make me oilier?
Kc C.
Oxnard, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this leave a residue on the skin?