BY SIMILAC #4 in Formula

Most babies are fussy and gassy at times. But your baby’s more frequent fussiness and gas could be a sign that a different formula is needed.

Trust Similac Sensitive to provide a strong start for your baby's developing digestive system.

Has OptiGRO™ to support your baby's brain and eye development.

Warning: Not for infants and children with galactosemia.

Contains milk ingredients.

Corn Syrup, Milk Protein Isolate, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Sugar, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil, Galactooligosaccharides. Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Lycopene, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, m-Inositol, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols, Niacinamide, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Hydroxide, and Nucleotides (Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate, Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate).

• My little one has been fussy and I'm trying to find a sol...1 Answers
  • I mostly breastfeed, but supplement occasionally. I have ...1 Answers
  • Does this sensitive brand actually help babies that are s...2 Answers
BRITTANY C.
MESA, AZ
Early on I found that my little one has a sensitivity to lactose (not an allergic reaction - just sensitivity) and didn't tolerate regular formulas well. Initially she was breastfed, then supplemented, then eventually I decided to exclusively formula-feed as I couldn't keep up with her needs as she grew and couldn't increase my milk supply with all the professional help imaginable and decided it was in her (and my own) best interest to spend more quality time together and to be 100% certain she was always fed well.

I've learned a lot since then, but at first I absorbed a lot of guilt from extremely zealous "lactivist" types (other mothers, lactation consultants, etc.) who sometimes spread a great deal of misinformation about the size of neonates' stomachs, the quality of formula, and the merits of breastmilk and breastfeeding itself to keep women breastfeeding at any cost. Breast is good, sure, but it isn't best if children suffer due to insufficient feeding. "Babies experience hunger as suffering" is one of the most important statements I have ever read. The truth is, what is best varies.

Just a little tip: if your baby constantly nurses around the clock (read: is never satisfied and wants to remain constantly latched to the breast,) this is not "clusterfeeding" or simply "a growth spurt." If never satisfied, the baby isn't getting enough milk and if you do not act quickly to address this, your baby can experience significant harm. All that said to say this: contrary to what these lactivist-types would have you believe, the fact is, a decent percentage of women cannot produce sufficient milk to exclusively breastfeed, and infant formula is safe, rigorously tested, and healthy. Read about it. Formula is good and, sometimes, it's best.

Anyway, end tangent. I just hope to help another mother who has experienced pressure from others to trust her own intellect and instinct.

My baby started on Enfamil Premium Newborn. I switched to Gentlease then finally to Similac Sensitive, which has less lactose and contains protein ISOLATE which is easier to digest, even for adults, than whey protein "concentrate" found in Gentlease. (Ask any health nut, bodybuilder, or dietician and they will say the same.) The difference in my child was night and day after the first feeding. No more feeding issues. Very little spit-up now, which only occurs occasionally and directly after feedings.

So thankful for this product!

#fedisbest Similac Sensitive® Infant Formula
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
I'm very proud to say that I made it 6 months with breastfeeding my baby but I'm also proud to say that my daughter has been receiving proper nutrition her whole life.  I always knew that I planned on breastfeeding but I also knew that I was not against formula in any way.

It was important to me that I find a formula that I felt comfortable with and be confident in my choice.  My daughter has loved her Similac since we started her on it and we never looked back.  She does very well with this sensitive version since it's easy on her little stomach and it keeps her comfortable and satiated.  We love our Similac and will continue to use it through her first birthday.
Jocelyn I.
Fort Worth , TX
I started using this formula for my baby who would get really constipated with the regular blue can so we switch him over to sensitive and he loves it he’s always smiling so I’m guessing the helps fussiness does work lol
Sonya N.
Philadelphia, PA
This is formula is horrible. Gave my daughter gas and it creates a ton of bubbles. It is basically made up of oils and high fructose corn syrup. My midwife told me that she was going to call corporate and ask them to remove the corn syrup. She also said that this formula might as well be soda 😂
Angela G.
This is my baby’s go to formula! She used to get really constipated with all the other ones but as soon as we switched to this one she took it so wel! I love it. I’d recommend for babies with sensitive tummy’s
Dominique D.
Redby, MN
I’ve been using this formula for a couple months now and it helps from him spitting up so much but it makes him constipated a lot and his poops hard i would like this if it didn’t have those 2 complications
Kelsey B.
San Jose , CA
My son had been using similac since birth (it was supplemented for him, since he was in pediatrics the first week) Although, i loved breastfeeding I didn't produce enough milk. So eventually he was switched over to formula for good. We switched to sensitive after he was a little gassy. And between this and gripe water he had no problems.  Plus I found Similac pretty much always has good deals and coupons.
Miranda V.
This formula is great for a baby with a sensitive stomach. I was unable to breastfeed and this ended up being a great alternative although it can get pretty expensive. Usually am able to get it on sale on amazon so I recommend checking there for it!
Veronica S.
We tried several different cans of Similac and we couldn't find anything that agreed with him. He only spit up with similac. He never had issues with other brands or breastmilk. He tolerated the favor fine but i couldn't take all of the spit up.
Alisha R.
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve tried a lot of different similac products between my two kids & I would have to give this 5 stars because in the end both of my kids ended up sticking to this . It helps really well for colicky babies & babies with fussiness & gas.
Rebecca M.
Allison Park , PA
I use the can powder formula of this and there is always a lot of foam in my sons bottles. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to decrease the amount of foam?
Yoselin C.
Louisville, KY
Hi I'm breastfeeding but I want to star giving her formula she has colics so I want to know if this one is good to start ? And also if the baby's get constipated with this formula ? With My other baby has a bad experience with other formula he alway was constipated .. it really work for gassy an fussiness?
Stacey T.
Is there really a big difference when using this one? Does it really help/ease the fussiness and gas?
Natalee K.
Eugene, OR
LaShara D.
Does this sensitive brand actually help babies that are sensitive to the regular similac Advance? What have you seen in the difference of your babies feeds?