Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
Wexford, PA
I use the can powder formula of this and there is always a lot of foam in my sons bottles. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to decrease the amount of foam?
maribel G.
maribel G.
Jan. 18, 2017, 12:22 p.m.
it also happens to me too!
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
Nov. 20, 2016, 8:57 p.m.
I usually shake in a circular way and it doesn't do any bubbles or foam! When he was gassy at the beginning I would put mylicon has drops in it and it decreased the foam it had, it has to be warm though!
Kylee C.
Kylee C.
Sept. 8, 2016, 6:04 p.m.
Yes it happens with mine too
Diana S.
Diana S.
July 25, 2016, 12:14 p.m.
I've had the same problem. Like others have said, the swirling technique seems to help. I also try and mix it at least 15 minutes before the next feeding.
Monique D.
Monique D.
July 3, 2016, 6:52 p.m.
We started swirling the bottles instead of shaking. It dramatically cuts down on the foam.
Brittany Y.
Brittany Y.
June 7, 2016, 9:30 a.m.
I use the Similac purple can and I have he same problem so it must just be the powder kind I ain't really sure.. But I've noticed if u swirl the bottle instead of shaking it up and down it helps with the foam more
Olivia B.
Olivia B.
March 22, 2016, 11:32 p.m.
The same thing happens to me
maria a.
maria a.
Oct. 10, 2015, 1:06 p.m.
I get this too. did anything work for you?
Kaaila K.
Kaaila K.
Sept. 22, 2015, 8:08 p.m.
Have you tried bottles with liners? I think that would help if any of the other suggestions don't work.
Mary A.
Mary A.
June 9, 2015, 8:24 p.m.
Hey, I have this problem too! What my husband and I have discovered is if you swirl the bottle it gets the bubbles out for the most part.
Karla K.
Karla K.
June 6, 2015, 9:27 a.m.
I noticed that, as well. I just attributed it to being well shaken. I also noticed that if I add my vitamin d supplement, which I'm supposed to give once a day, it takes the foam way down.
Anne B.
Anne B.
April 2, 2015, 2:33 a.m.
This formula also froths and foams for me as well. You can wait for the bottle to settle but it's typically better to use the formula right away.
Stephanie  M.
Stephanie M.
March 18, 2015, 11:34 a.m.
Yes, I noticed that this formula tends to foam up more compared to the Similac Advance. I make the bottle ahead of time and put it in the fridge. a few hours late the foam has settled and you can warm-up the bottle for your little one!
Liz B.
Liz B.
Sept. 12, 2014, 7:10 a.m.
We put just a couple of gas drops inside each bottle. It keeps it from frothing up.
Annie S.
Annie S.
Feb. 14, 2014, 11:27 a.m.
We had a problem with the froth at first. Try putting the water in before scooping the formula and shake vigorously. If that doesn't work I suggest Dr. Brown's bottles. They are amazing!