BY SIMILAC #3 in Formula

Milk Based Powder Birth to 12 months For Fussiness & Gas Due to Lactose Sensitivity Complete Nutrition for Sensitive Tummies Early Shield® Immune Support Strong Bones Brain & Eye With Iron DHA/ARA Powder, add water Scoop stored in lid Have questions?  We have answers. Call , 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Eastern Time, weekdays. For more than 80 years, Abbott s Similac brand formulas have been proven to be a safe and effective source of nutrition for millions of healthy babies.   In response to mothers seeking "BPA free" products, Abbott is pleased to share that it has now achieved "BPA free" status in all of its Similac® brand powdered infant formula products. Abbott products have been tested for BPA using the most sensitive and conservative tests available, and levels are undetectable for all powdered products and consistent see more...

• My little one has been fussy and I'm trying to find a sol...1 Answers
  • I mostly breastfeed, but supplement occasionally. I have ...1 Answers
  • Does this sensitive brand actually help babies that are s...2 Answers
BRITTANY C.
MESA, AZ
Early on I found that my little one has a sensitivity to lactose (not an allergic reaction - just sensitivity) and didn't tolerate regular formulas well. Initially she was breastfed, then supplemented, then eventually I decided to exclusively formula-feed as I couldn't keep up with her needs as she grew and couldn't increase my milk supply with all the professional help imaginable and decided it was in her (and my own) best interest to spend more quality time together and to be 100% certain she was always fed well.

I've learned a lot since then, but at first I absorbed a lot of guilt from extremely zealous "lactivist" types (other mothers, lactation consultants, etc.) who sometimes spread a great deal of misinformation about the size of neonates' stomachs, the quality of formula, and the merits of breastmilk and breastfeeding itself to keep women breastfeeding at any cost. Breast is good, sure, but it isn't best if children suffer due to insufficient feeding. "Babies experience hunger as suffering" is one of the most important statements I have ever read. The truth is, what is best varies.

Just a little tip: if your baby constantly nurses around the clock (read: is never satisfied and wants to remain constantly latched to the breast,) this is not "clusterfeeding" or simply "a growth spurt." If never satisfied, the baby isn't getting enough milk and if you do not act quickly to address this, your baby can experience significant harm. All that said to say this: contrary to what these lactivist-types would have you believe, the fact is, a decent percentage of women cannot produce sufficient milk to exclusively breastfeed, and infant formula is safe, rigorously tested, and healthy. Read about it. Formula is good and, sometimes, it's best.

Anyway, end tangent. I just hope to help another mother who has experienced pressure from others to trust her own intellect and instinct.

My baby started on Enfamil Premium Newborn. I switched to Gentlease then finally to Similac Sensitive, which has less lactose and contains protein ISOLATE which is easier to digest, even for adults, than whey protein "concentrate" found in Gentlease. (Ask any health nut, bodybuilder, or dietician and they will say the same.) The difference in my child was night and day after the first feeding. No more feeding issues. Very little spit-up now, which only occurs occasionally and directly after feedings.

So thankful for this product!

#fedisbest Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
Review for: Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas, Infant Formula, Powder, 1.41 lb more...
I'm very proud to say that I made it 6 months with breastfeeding my baby but I'm also proud to say that my daughter has been receiving proper nutrition her whole life.  I always knew that I planned on breastfeeding but I also knew that I was not against formula in any way.

It was important to me that I find a formula that I felt comfortable with and be confident in my choice.  My daughter has loved her Similac since we started her on it and we never looked back.  She does very well with this sensitive version since it's easy on her little stomach and it keeps her comfortable and satiated.  We love our Similac and will continue to use it through her first birthday.
Jocelyn I.
Fort Worth , TX
Review for: Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas, Infant Formula, Powder, 12.6 oz more...
I started using this formula for my baby who would get really constipated with the regular blue can so we switch him over to sensitive and he loves it he’s always smiling so I’m guessing the helps fussiness does work lol
Carmen C.
El Paso, TX
When my baby was born i could not breastfeed. The nurse recommend to start my baby on the similac brand, then we noticed she was fuzzy all the time so we switched to similac sensitive and it worked like a charm. Been using this formula for 8 months now &im so happy we didn't struggle looking for different formulas.
Sonya N.
Philadelphia, PA
This is formula is horrible. Gave my daughter gas and it creates a ton of bubbles. It is basically made up of oils and high fructose corn syrup. My midwife told me that she was going to call corporate and ask them to remove the corn syrup. She also said that this formula might as well be soda 😂
Elizabeth H.
Syracuse, IN
I have used this since my daughter was born. Never had any problems with it. We buy a big can each week and it lasts all week for us. She seems to enjoy it at room temperature. I'm happy with it because I know she's getting the nutrients she needs without it being too harsh on her belly.
Kelli S.
Kalama, WA
Once my son gained enough weight from Similac Neosure (he was a premie), he was switched to this formula because he had a sensitive tummy and this did wonders to help his gas and upset stomach! Definitely noticed a huge difference thanks to this formula!
Danielle B.
Sterling, CT
This is the formula my daughter uses since she is sensitive to lactose. I am lactose intolerant. I breastfed her for quite some time but then we had to supplement. After a rocky road we tried this formula and we have not looked back.
Haley C.
Mt Pleasant, WI
This was my go to formula for my daughter and I plan to use for my next child. It worked so well and we never had any problems with it. It’s very affordable and there’s lots of coupons for it and they have the off brand version of it at Walmart!
Miranda V.
Review for: Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas, Infant Formula, Powder, 12.6 oz, Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas, Infant Formula, Powder, 1.41 lb more...
This formula is great for a baby with a sensitive stomach. I was unable to breastfeed and this ended up being a great alternative although it can get pretty expensive. Usually am able to get it on sale on amazon so I recommend checking there for it!
Rebecca M.
Allison Park , PA
I use the can powder formula of this and there is always a lot of foam in my sons bottles. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to decrease the amount of foam?
Alicia H.
I have been looking for a good formula alternative for my 8 month old. Her formula Now it very expensive however she is sensitive to dairy so usually it has to be hyper allergic. I am curious if this will work for her?
Natalee K.
Sturtevant, WI
Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & GasEnfamil Gentlease Milk-Based Infant Formula Or Gerber Good Start Gentle Powder - 12 oz. (6 Pack)
LaShara D.
Does this sensitive brand actually help babies that are sensitive to the regular similac Advance? What have you seen in the difference of your babies feeds?
Jillian B.
Fresno, OH
My little one has been fussy and I'm trying to find a solution. Has this product worked for other mothers? Does it really reduce gas and fussiness?