BY ABBOTT LABORATORIES INC. #86 in Baby Food

Similac® For Supplementation Birth-12 Months Infant Formula with Iron.

Exclusive.

OptiGro™ blend.

Abbott.

Experts recommend breastfeeding.

Milk-based.

Powder.

#1 brand fed in hospitals.

For breastfeeding moms who choose to introduce formula.

DHA, brain.

Lutein, eye.

Vitamin E, development. see more...

Similac For Supplementaion Infant Formula with Iron Birth-12 Months
  • "this formula helped me so much in transitioning from breastfeeding to formula my son loved it, only con is that is has a smell to it " in 1 review
  • "Now he's 100% breast milk and refuses any kind of formula." in 1 review
Chelsea M.
Carlisle, PA
It was hard for me to find a good formula at first but seems to be one of two my daughter is okay with (she is now 4 months old) she keeps her weight better now and spits up less. She also has less gas than when she was given other formulas, I would definitely recommend this formula as it's definitely helped me in desperate times when I couldn't breast feed.
Hannah G.
Trion, GA
I was given this formula in the hospital to help me with supplementing while I begin breastfeeding. I continued to use this for my son's first year, he really liked this brand best if he had to take a formula bottle. I have always loved Similac, and I am so glad I used this one for my son.
Claudia B.
Brooklyn, NY
This stuff is great. Decent value for what it is. My baby isn't lactose intolerant and not colicky so we have been very fortunate. Breast milk is best but when you cannot produce enough, fed is definitely best! I pick non-GMO to reduce any type of harmful ingredients for baby. There is no perfect baby formula out there... even this product has some issues (like soy lecithin) but the good outweighs the bad. I'm just happy it doesn't have corn syrup!! You can't be raising your child in a bubble so balance is key here.
Carissa C.
Arlington, WA
This is the best for moms who still breastfeed. it's gentle on the babies tummy and very similar to breast milk. after 2 months and 9 different formulas this was the one my son would drink. my son was born 3 weeks early as a full term preemie; so his doc recommended to rotating formula with 24 calories & breast milk. plus Medicaid covers it :)
Cody W.
Mega Parent Expert
My son had to supplement, so my pediatrician told me about this formula. My son Loved it. he had gas for a week or so we we switched from this brand to Similac Fussiness and Gas and we thought that it would help but he hated this one, it seemed link the gas got worst. So we switched back he was very less gassy. I think it was something that I ate, may broccoli or something. But he is 4.5 Months and he is as healthy as an ox.
Ashley W.
Ball Ground, GA
I love Similac formula in general. I exclusively breastfed for 3 months before I began supplementing and this formula has never given us any problems. However, the 'supplementation' title is nothing but a marketing ploy. This formula is exactly the same as Similac Advance in both nutrition and ingredients. We switched to advance after discovering this solely because it is available in bulk sizes and saves us money that way.
Lauren P.
We decided to use this because I wasn't able to keep pumping when returning to work. My son enjoys the taste of this and it mixes so well! I like the fact that I could use it while breastfeeding and I can still use it now that we are strictly FF. We have repurchased this and will continue to do so. I highly recommend
Ivette F.
Tallahassee , FL
I used this formula while I was still breastfeeding my son for supplementation and it worked really well. I was able to seamlessly transition from Breast to bottle and my baby did not notice a difference. Since then, I have transitioned completely to formula and have been using Similac's organic formula.
Kayla H.
We tried giving this to our baby since it's designed to be used by a baby whose also breast feeding, but after the 5th or 7th attempt we realized he really hates it. We think it must be the taste. He's a fan of the complete nutrition and the sensitive tummy formula, but always tries to spit this out.
Guadalupe C.
I was exclusively breastfeeding and had to introduce formula to my baby girl due to going back to college. I picked this up knowing it was for supplementation. Once I gave this formula to my daughter she had no trouble in keeping it down. She drank the whole bottle and didn't spit it back up. She seems to like it because she drinks it without refusing the bottle. I know it is a bit pricey, but it is worth it.
adriana a.
Can i get this with w.i.c?