Similac® Alimentum® Infant Formula

Similac Alimentum starts reducing excessive crying due to cow’s milk protein sensitivity, in most infants, within 24 hours.

Similac Alimentum is a trusted, easy-to-digest, and nutritionally complete infant formula for infants with food allergies and colic due to protein sensitivity. Its formula is lactose-free and contains DHA and ARA, special nutrients found in breast milk that are important to help support brain and eye development.

Ingredients: Corn Maltodextrin (35%), Casein Hydrolysate [Derived from Milk] (18%), Sugar (15%), High Oleic Safflower Oil (10%), Medium-Chain Triglycerides (10%), Soy Oil (8%). Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Calcium Phosphate, DATEM, Potassium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Chloride, Monoglycerides, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, L-Tyrosine, L-Tryptophan, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.

Why does Similac alimentum smell so bad Similac® Alimentum® Infant Formula ?
Esta fórmula tiene lactosa ?
Wondering if there is milk protein in this
Start your review of Similac® Alimentum® Infant Formula!
Product Highlights
“My son has a milk protein allergy so he first tried nutramigen and that gave his diarrhea so I gave this a shot and it made a huge difference!” in reviews
reading
Purchased at: Target
No matter how much it has helped my little one with the symptoms of milk protein allergy. I still don’t get it why does it taste and smell so bad. Did they forget while formulating it that the end consumer is still a baby/infant and not an adult understanding his condition and compromising on taste. Why can’t they make it taste like regular formula. Its has a weird pungent smell (which wont leave the milk bottle even after washing it) and the taste is the cherry on the top. An awfully bland , salty and very slightly sweetened milk with kind of burnt roasted taste. I mean do they not consider milk protein allergic kids as other kids. Ain’t they deserve to drink a nice tasting formula like all other kids do. Instead they have to suffer and drink this milk because its the only option they have otherwise to starve. Not to mention its higher price point than other regular formulas which makes it kind of unaffordable. I feel terrible when my little one doesn’t want to drink it because she doesn’t like it’s taste and i am so frustrated and helpless because i have no other option but to feed her with this awful tasting milk. I am so disappointed with Abbot laboratories. Its time they should improve this product in-terms of taste and odor.Similac® Alimentum® Infant Formula
Bradford, PA
Similac® Alimentum® Infant Formula uploaded by Kristen S.
I will always give  Similac® Alimentum® Infant Formula as many stars as possible ALL THREE of my children have used this. It has helped their little tummies be as comfortable as possible which was such a relief for me as a mother. The smell is not the greatest but what matters to me is how much it has helped my children. Throughout trial and error I am so relieved that we found this formula to help out babies when breastfeeding was not an option.
Pittsburgh, PA
This formula was an absolute life saver for us! My daughter had severe silent reflux and colic for months. After a handful of formula switches per our pediatrician, Alimentum came to the rescue. She was what felt like a new baby within the first few days! She's currently 11 months old and we have since switched to a sensitive formula (around 10 months), but I don't think we would be in the position we are now without this product.
Wellington, OH
This formula has been a saving grace for all 3 of my babies. Dairy/soy allergies were wreaking havoc on my boys bellies and this formula worked pretty much right away. I’m not going to lie. This stuff smells terrible. And the spit up smells even worse. But that’s really the only negative I have about it. Well, that and the cost. It is pretty expensive, but a healthy and comfortable baby is priceless.
I'm giving this 4 stars only because the price is so high for this , my daughter has a lactose intolerance issue and this formuls completely chsnged her, she went from literally crying everyday to a completeky different baby once i started giving her this formula, if your child is often fussy and you can't figure out why then you need to try this formula because it literally helps so much
This formula was a life saver! Our baby struggled with horrible reflux and slight colic. We tried breast feeding, soy formula, sensitive formula and pretty much every brand of standard formula but nothing seemed to help. Once we switched to this, our baby stopped spitting up and cried way less. If you're dealing with a fussy/ refluxy baby, this might be your solution.
Indian Land, SC
My little one used this for a couple months, and let me tell you... it smells HORRIBLE!! Reminded me of a penny smell! It helped with my little ones allergy to protein found in regular formula but over time, his stomach just stopped agreeing with it. I wish these companies would work on making these formulas better for our little babies.
Maumee, OH
My son has a milk sensitivity, after nursing it took forever to find a formula right for him! This is the one we have settled with and he no longer has any colic or gas or fussiness, any other formula would turn his poor baby belly into a rock but this similac was perfect for him and still helps him eat comfortably all day!
Hagerstown, MD
Unfortunately, this product just was not for us. It ended up being too “thin” of a milk and seemed to aggravate my son’s reflux terribly. I don’t think it smelled as bad as other colic/allergen friendly formulas. I’m sure it works for others, I do have friends that have used it for their babies, it just wasn’t for us.
Hereford
Works really well with my son's stomach problems. We switched formulas 3 times before we switched to this and it's the only one that helped my son. He loves the taste of it. He doesn't throw the bottles down anymore and finished every bit of it. His tummy doesn't hurt as much and it cut down on the gas and colic.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Brenham, TX
il y a un an
Brandi B. • il y a un an
It’s because the different ingredients used to make the formula hypoallergenic, I had the same problem, but I will tell you it mixes better and is awesome on my babys tummy