BY SIMILAC #4 in Formula

Birth to 12 Months Ready to feed Complete Nutrition for your baby s first year Closer than ever to breast milk Early Shield™ Immune Support Strong Bones Brain & Eye With Iron DHA/ARA Milk Based For more than 80 years, Abbott s Similac brand formulas have been proven to be a safe and effective source of nutrition for millions of healthy babies.   In response to mothers seeking "BPA free" products, Abbott is pleased to share that it has now achieved "BPA free" status in all of its Similac® brand powdered infant formula products. Abbott products have been tested for BPA using the most sensitive and conservative tests available, and levels are undetectable for all powdered products and consistently 50 times below international safety standards for other infant nutrition products. According to the U.S. Surgeon General, "The see more...

Buy on Jet.com*
  • "Though it is not the best formula I've used, I think it is good for its price." in 10 reviews
  • "since my baby girl didn't really want breast milk I started formula feeding her & she loves it , I highly recommend this" in 5 reviews
  • "Even though I'm going to be breast feeding, I knew I needed a backup for when I'm not around or when I'm not producing enough milk for my baby bear so this was highly recommended to me!" in 5 reviews
  • "Our daughter did really well one this formula but wic would not pay for it ." in 4 reviews
  • "My daughter seems to like this formula very much .. doesnt seem to have any issues with it so I would recommend it and it also has nutritional essentials for infants in it" in 4 reviews
Shatoya D.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Review for: Similac Advance Complete Nutrition, Infant Formula, 23.2 oz, Ready To Feed more...
I breastfeed and have supplemented with similac advance for all four of my children. My babies have all preferred similac over other formulas, and did not suffer from any gastro issues like gas, constipation or reflux from the formula. Overall, I have been pleased. If you sign up on Similac’s web site, they will send you “checks” or coupons for $ off. I prefer the ready to feed version, although I usually buy the powder for cost effectiveness. I find that when I shake the powder there are a LOT of bubbles/foam and so you need to make sure you have a good bottle that will let out the excess air for baby. I also like the sturdy packaging for the powder version, as it has a nice clip for the measuring scoop. I don’t like digging my fingers into the powder if it can be avoided. I usually buy the ready to feed bottles for when we are traveling or I will be out for a long while. It’s just easier.
Tabitha M.
Plymouth, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Review for: Similac Advance Complete Nutrition, Infant Formula, 23.2 oz more...
I was originally exclusively breastfeeding my son, but he wasn't gaining the proper weight. Our pediatrician recommended this formula, gave us some sample cans to try him out on and he did great on it. He gets this for most of his meals now because it helped tremendously with his weight gain and it was easy on his little tummy. The only thing I don't like about it is how foamy it gets when it's shaken,but that's a given. I love how the scoop is on the top of the lid, better than sticking your hands in and digging around.
Veronica S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
Review for: Similac Advance Complete Nutrition, Infant Formula, 23.2 oz more...
I received this as a free sample after having my son. We tried several different cans of Similac and we couldn't find anything that agreed with him. He only spit up with similac. He never had issues with other brands or breastmilk. He tolerated the favor fine but i couldn't take all of the spit up.
Stephanie P.
Review for: Similac Advance Complete Nutrition, Infant Formula, 23.2 oz more...
For my baby Enfamil is spool much better.  When shaking up Similac becomes really frothy and foamy.  Because of this my babys belly became distended and he was extremely gassy even if I was super careful about not letting him get the foam. I even let the bottle sit for an hour once to see how long it took to become foamfree and after an hour the foam remained. (I use both tommee tippee and event bottles)
Arika S.
Newark, DE
Review for: Similac Advance Complete Nutrition, Infant Formula, 23.2 oz more...
Similac is a great option if the store brand isn't available. In my opinion the two are very comparable & I dont understand why the price of this product is so much more than otherbrands. .
Caitlin R.
Wooster, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I have had the best experience using this formula for my son. We have used it for all 10 months of his head and he has done really well with it. I know he’s getting the nutrition he needs and it’s the best product on the market in my opinion since it is used in hospitals
Abbe L.
This was the formula the hospital sent us home with and we have been using it ever since! It’s a pretty decent price for formula and similac will send you coupons!
Jamie V.
Burley, ID
I wasn't able to breastfeed with my baby and with it being my first I was devastated. I wanted to make sure my baby was getting the nutrients he needed. I went to the store and checked ingredients in formulas to decide which one I'd use and Similac Advance was the ONLY formula I could find where corn syrup wasn't the first ingredient. Corn syrup?? I wasn't about to do that to my baby. I've been using this formula ever since because I think that babies deserve to have the best nutrition and corn syrup isn't nutritious. This is the only type even within Similac brand that I would recommend.
Abby M.
Katy, TX
If I could rate this with 10 stars I would. My goal as a mother was to breastfeed up until a year, but at my daughters 5 month dr visit I was told she wasn't getting enough from me and that I needed to supplement with formula. Wanting what's best for my daughter I agreed and my dr gave me this formula. She told me its the closest you are gonna get to mother's breastmilk and that it contains no sugar and its organic and healthy. After my daughter got used to it in a couple days she started sleeping almost through the night only waking up once and she's more content and healthy.
Stephanie F.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Ever since my baby was born this is the formula I’ve been giving him but I don’t love it as much as he does. The formula is too expensive, I spend around $300 on just formulas a month, I would hope the company knowing babies need this for the first year would think of ways to make the product less expensive and easier to get around but I’ve learn that just recently the price went up. The scoop is hard to find, you have dig around to find it and the cap comes off easily, I hate the everything about it BUT I have to keep buying it.
Emily J.
Stone Mtn, GA
I will be a first time mother soon. I plan to breast feed but know that eventually will have to probably use formula. I have heard of this product in passing but don't know anything about it. Is there a better product or is this the best? How is the price?
Sydney L.
Dothan , AL
Does it really matter which formula you use? I'm a month out from my due date and would like to start buying some to have in advance
Erica G.
Does your baby like this formula? I want to try it with mine, but it is a little expensive...
Esperanza C.
Does anyone know if this would make my baby constipated? We've gone through so many formulas.
Megan R.
Panama City, FL
My two older daughters used Enfamil but I don't think my youngest likes it. Has anyone noticed a difference between Enfamil and Similac?